Start by marking “Calamity (Reckoners, #3)” as Want to Read:
Calamity (Reckoners, #3)

Calamity

(The Reckoners #3)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  43,840 Ratings  ·  3,954 Reviews
Los Épicos nacieron cuando Calamity iluminó los cielos. Desde esa noche histórica, el destino de David ha estado entrelazado con el de esos malvados. Steelheart asesinó a su padre. Firefight le robó el corazón. Y ahora Regalia ha convertido a su mayor aliado en un peligroso enemigo.

David conocía el secreto del Profesor. Secreto que guardó incluso cuando el Profesor se esfo
Published January 25th 2017 by Ediciones B (first published February 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Calamity, please sign up.
Jane H A lot of people (meaning 2) have already said this, but Stormlight Archive #3 is basically controling my life right now. If you haven't read that…moreA lot of people (meaning 2) have already said this, but Stormlight Archive #3 is basically controling my life right now. If you haven't read that series yet, you really have to.(less)
Chankit Yongpiyakul Unlikely. Sanderson said Reckoners series aren't part of the Cosmere.

Kat O'Keeffe
Solid conclusion to the series! The final reveal/solution didn't quite pack the PUNCH I was expecting, but I did still thoroughly enjoy this trilogy. Overall, I'd give the series a 4.5 -- definitely recommended if you want a fast-paced, well-developed superhero/supervillain story with great characters and excellent world building. Brandon Sanderson continues to be one of my favorite authors of all time!

I talk a bit more about the trilogy overall (spoiler-free!) in this video - https://www.youtub
Bookdragon Sean
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I had some MAJOR issues with this book, MAJOR ones!

What happened Mr Sanderson? Where did your story go? Where did the intensity wonder off to? Where did the snappy writing go, and the energetic action? What happened to everything that made this series great?

It vanished.

Pffft.

Gone.

description

This was a hollow shell of what came before it. I’m shocked, completely shocked. I had high expectations for this; the first two books were brilliant. I couldn’t wait to read the conclusion. It was j
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
My name is David Charleston.
I clicked the button.
And I kill Epics.
The bomb detonated.

I loved this book so much! It was perfect for me! ❤

Damn, if I didn't cry =( It was a good cry though! ❤

David and the group are out trying to stop one of the other people in their group from being bad. Things happened in the last book and now they are trying to make it right.

A new character that I fell in love with was Knighthawk. He's freaking awesome and funny and you just have to read about it. He's got his
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Sooooo . . .

This one . . . I had issues. LOTS of issues. Like a MULTITUDE of unanswered questions. Like the chaotic mess of the last 20%, followed by the way too easy (inevitable) demise of Bad Guy(s)--seriously, during one of them, Sanderson actually said, "just like that."

JUST LIKE THAT.

Do you guys want to hear that a HEP big Bad Guy was thwarted/overthrown/vanquished/etc. "just like that"?

B/c I do NOT.

BUT.

Sanderson. So many, many good things as well.

Full RTC.

My other reviews for this serie
Lindsey Rey
[4.5 Stars]

I must say, I very much enjoyed this book, but this is the first time I've read a Sanderson novel where I don't think everything made sense.
Alejandro
An Epic finale!

This is the third and final novel in the book series “The Reckoners”.

AN EVEN LARGER WORLD

Epics are strange, wonderful, and terrible all at once. Don’t let yourself get drawn in by that. It can lead you to… difficult places.

In the two previous novels (along with Mitosis, a short story after the first book), Steelheart and Firefight, you get to know striking looking places such as Newcago (I still laugh about that name… it’s a Spanish-speaking thing) and Babilar, but still was
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.14159265359 I have no idea how to rate this, so Pi it is Stars

Buddy Reading with my fellow Sandersontitus sufferers at - you guys were a blast to read this with.

description

I think this is the first Brandon Sanderson book that when I was done I just wasn’t sure what or even how to rate it. “I feel, like a barrel of green ducks at a Fourth of July parade.”

Why you ask am I having so much trouble deciding? Well I’ll tell you….it wasn’t like the ending to The Hero Of Ages the only other completed trilogy
Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~
So I've finally taken the leap & finished a Young Adult series by one of my favorite Adult Fantasy writers, and I must say I'm very pleased with the outcome of that risk.

I've come to expect great things from Brandon Sanderson & once again I think he's delivered a gem of the genre.

Some things you might be wondering:

Is the series perfect? No, it isn't perfect. But it's a hell of a ride with some fun characters, an engaging, fast-paced story, and witty, realistic writing.

How does this ser
Evgeny
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I would like to start by discussing writings of Brandon Sanderson in general even though I risk having a lynching mod of his fans showing at my doors. The guy writes fairly fast and he already delivered several complete series. I wish he would teach Speed Writing 101 to George R.R. Martin, Patrick Rothfuss, and J.V. Jones, but I strongly suspect they will fail the final exam. Coming back to Sanderson, he creates very original and interesting magic systems. He is one of the best modern fantasy wr ...more
Khurram
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you really look forward to a book so much that your expectations are sky high, unfortunately more often than not the book misses the mark, this book hit it the target like a bullet to the brain. I love this book. This book is fast paced, and every time I finished a chapter I wanted to read the next one straight away. Hell I just finished it and I am already wishing for another book. Actually the only bad thing I can say about this book is it finished. 400+ pages just flew by.

David hate
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

There will be heroes. Just wait.

I think this is one of those reviews where I’m going to make it quick: This series, these characters, this author are epic. Truly. I have loved every single minute of this series from beginning to end…

Where we're from, there's no sun,
Our hometown's in the dark,
Where we're from, we're no one,
Our hometown's in the dark,
Our hometown's in the dark

Twenty-one pilots song PERFECT for this series! :P

and I’m not going to tarnish something I’ve always enjoyed with lot
Bradley
Epic.

Okay. Too easy. I mean, some low hanging fruit can be knocked off the tree by Tom Thumb, but Come On, can't you see that was too EASY?

Seriously. I can't remember when I've had so much plain simple evil superhero FUN.

Are all my expectations met? You betcha.

Did sit excitedly through the entire tale, piecing together all the things that came before to make this come to a great end? Yes. Was I truly satisfied? Yes. Yes I was.

It's an easy tale that rides all our superhero expectations and toys w
C.G. Drews
You know what's scary? FINALES. Because they're so often disappointing. And unfortunately I was reeeeally disappointed with Calamity. And this is BREAKING MY SOUL because Steelheart and Firefight are two of my FAVOURITE reads of this year!! What even went wrong here?! Why am I a melon of discontent? Whyyyyyyyyy did you have to fail me, Calamity?

[INSERT DEJECTED SOBBING]

And I mean this book took me a month to read. A MONTH. I listened to the audio, yes, but I just never felt like picking it back
Mario
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
There will be heroes. Just wait.

I get why some people dislike this book. But... how can anyone dislike this book?

Before I started reading Calamity I read a lot of reviews written by people who were disappointed by this book. So I got into it expecting I was not going to like it. And I'm glad I did, because this book surprised the the hell out of me. I'm even going to say that it is my favorite book from The Reckoners series.

Calamity picks us where Firefight left off. David and The Reckoners are
Kells Next Read
 photo happy dance_zpswq0f33f1.gif

*Fistpumping* Still, hours after this read. I love you Brandon Sanderson.

Freaking Gold...Gold I Say!!

RTC
Beth Hudspeth
Hello Beautiful Book Blog
Well, David Charleston, it seems you got off easy in this final installment. I feel like it was harder to defeat Steelheart.

The demands I made before reading Calamity:
♥ Backgrounds for Prof, Tia and Mizzy --- Eh.
♥ More explanation of "Calamity" --- Mostly.
♥ More similes, of course --- Check!
♥ Megan and David in love --- ♥♥♥ I'm happy.
♥ All my favorite characters live (don't wanna spoil)

I guess about 75% was fulfilled. We got very little backgrounds for everyone. We g
Gavin
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya-books
I thought Calamity was a satisfying conclusion to the Reckoners series. This series is no Cosmere, but it is still a ton of fun. Then again, Sanderson+Superheroes was always going to be a win for me!

This third book actually had a slightly sluggish start, but luckily the pace and intensity picked up as the story progressed. David and the Reckoners were on the move again, this time to the mobile city of salt Illithia. I liked the new setting. It was cool and an equal to the likes of NewCago and B
Lo9man88
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank God .. I couldn't take another series finale going horribly array , I'm glad Mr Sanderson delivered, i feared the worst diving in especially after reading some comments, to each his own of course , I'm just glad i liked it , i enjoyed the events as they unfolded and when it got very exciting and action packed, David's metaphors as always were mental , the novel had a hyper feeling about it the tension raising exponentially ,,, I'm very glad i read this series ... waiting for legion ;0
Mogsy (MMOGC)
3.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum http://bibliosanctum.com/2016/03/05/a...

Calamity is the concluding novel of The Reckoners series and it was nothing like I expected, but I have yet to decide whether I feel positively or negatively about that. In truth, I feel torn because even though I enjoyed this book overall, for the first time in a long while I ended a Brandon Sanderson novel without feeling completely satisfied. Here came the long awaited answers to the questions that have been with us s
Simona Bartolotta
3.5

"You want to fight a god? You'd better have one on your side too."

I love this series, and that's a fact. I love most of all the world building and David Charleston, and that's another fact. But his off-the wall metaphors are not enough to make up for an ultimately wanting villain and this is the fact that kind of clashes with all the rest and the reason why even though I wanted to rate this book 4 stars so badly, I still found I couldn't really do it.

•The thing is, Calamity was used like som
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This has been an amazing trilogy. This is a set of books that I am certain I will read again at some point which is pretty high praise from me. I always try to write spoiler free reviews but this review may have some spoilers for the earlier books in the series because I simply don't know how to avoid that. Honestly, if you haven't read the prior books in this series you will want to stop read my review at this point and start reading Steelhe
Jack +Books & Bourbon+
Well sparks...that wasn't quite what I expected!

It's always bittersweet to end a series that you've been with since nearly day one, especially with an author as talented as Sanderson. His characters are vibrant, multifaceted, and always interesting and engaging. As this series ends, I do feel like I'm saying goodbye to some good friends.

And yeah, I know there are mixed feelings on this one, leading to some negative reviews and more criticism than Sanderson books usually receive. I get it, naysay
Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷
I liked Steelheart. I loved Firefight. But while Sanderson will still be my favorite author, Calamity was NOT my favorite book.

Why?

I felt like nothing really happened in the first ~70% percent. And then the whole, imo not sufficiently elaborated alternate reality thing just seemed to bring an effortless convenient solution to a myriad of problems?

Too many questions were left unanswered, taking into consideration that this was (should have been) the conclusion to a trilogy.

There were plot hole
Deborah Obida
3.5 stars.

This isn't bad but it didn't live up the previous books, things were just rushed throughout the book.
There were lots of battle scenes,David and more of his crazy metaphors, the dialogues were great but few, I miss the whole former plotting of the team, this one is just rushed, if this was the first or second book it would have been acceptable but its the last book in the series and I expected so much from it. Even my ship that finally sailed was so rare in the book, not to mention that
Scott  Hitchcock
All three books 4*'s.

A lot of people didn't seem to like this one as much as the first two but I thought they were pretty consistent.

It's an enjoyable series from start to finish. As a YA series it's pretty basic and easy to read but sometimes that also what you need especially coming off much more challenging reads. It's also nice to enjoy some urban fantasy which I sometimes struggle with. Having everything coming at you in a straightforward manner and not having to worry about symbolism and
Hasham Rasool
Some of my Goodreads friends have mixed feelings about this book.

David Charleston, Megan Trash and Mizzy are one of my favourite characters.

There is a full of action in this book.

I enjoy reading this book but for me at the end of the book is predicted.

I am satisfied with the conclusion of 'Reckoners' series.
Alexa
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi, ya, 2016, netgalley
Update - July 2016
It's been almost six months since I read this and I've finally decided to do what I should have done the day I finished this: take off a star off the rating. I loved this series and I'd read the hell out of anything else Sanderson writes in this universe, but I didn't really love this one.

Now back to the old review:

Did you watch Interstellar?

Did you like it?

If the answer is yes, then you’re probably going to love this.

If the answer is no… Well, if you’re reading this you’v
Franco  Santos
Teniendo en cuenta los dos anteriores de la saga, no esperaba mucho más de este tomo. Y así fue. Básicamente sigue la misma línea de Firefight, hasta el último 10 %, que es donde en teoría íbamos a tener todas las respuestas, cosa que no pasó. Eso me extraña de Sanderson, un autor que suele esmerarse por explicar los enigmas con sumo detalle. En Calamity se responden muchísimas preguntas que se fueron sembrando a lo largo de la serie, pero otras quedan sin el profundo esclarecimiento al que nos ...more
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
David--still obsessed with Epics (superpowered humans) and still using the worst similes ever--is now the de facto leader of the Reckoners, trying to figure out how to save humanity from the evil that clouds people's minds when they gain superpowers. Killing them off one by one is a losing battle.

A lot of readers didn't care for this book as much as the two prior ones, but I actually found Sanderson's handling of the story line quite satisfying. I will admit that the ending raises as many quest
Anne
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this!
I thought it was a perfect, and unexpected, ending to the series.
My booktube of my fav quotes from Calamity

One of the (many, many) thinks I love about Brandon Sanderson's writing is the layers -- the way our hero David thinks about the Epics, the conclusions he comes to, the ways he's right & wrong.

They're all very logical.
If all of this information had been thrown at us in the first book, then it wouldn't be nearly as effective.

But we start with Steelheart and the very basics o
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Calamity [Jul, 1, 2018] 71 53 Sep 18, 2018 04:08AM
Play Book Tag: Calamity/Brandon Sanderson - 3 stars :-( 1 16 Dec 17, 2017 11:03AM
Booktastic Bookah...: September 2017-Calamity by Brandon Sanderson 10 15 Sep 29, 2017 09:36PM
Best book in the series 1 22 Dec 12, 2016 05:31PM
Spoilers: how to 2 52 May 30, 2016 07:24AM
  • The Last Mortal Bond (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne, #3)
  • Ex-Isle (Ex-Heroes, #5)
  • The Blood Mirror (Lightbringer, #4)
  • Saint's Blood (Greatcoats, #3)
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage, #3)
  • City of Blades (The Divine Cities, #2)
  • The Spider's War (The Dagger and the Coin, #5)
  • Professional Integrity (The Riyria Chronicles, #2.6)
  • The Core (The Demon Cycle, #5)
  • Staked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #8)
  • Breach Zone (Shadow Ops, #3)
  • Burned (Alex Verus, #7)
  • The Ministry of Necessity (Gentleman Bastard, #5)
  • The Shadow Throne (The Shadow Campaigns, #2)
  • The Pirates of Pacta Servanda (The Pillars of Reality, #4)
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S

The Reckoners (3 books)
  • Steelheart (The Reckoners, #1)
  • Firefight (The Reckoners, #2)
“Damn, I miss the internet. You could always find people doing stupid stuff on the internet.” 28 likes
“The sun peeked over the horizon like the head of a giant radioactive manatee.” 21 likes