Start by marking “La grande fuga (Wynette, Texas, #7)” as Want to Read:
La grande fuga (Wynette, Texas, #7)

La grande fuga

(Wynette, Texas #6)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  13,420 ratings  ·  1,142 reviews
La madre di Lucy Jorik è tra le donne più famose al mondo. Per questo Lucy è abituata a tenere un comportamento che non metta mai in imbarazzo la sua famiglia... Almeno fino al giorno in cui la combina davvero grossa. Invece di dire "sì" all'uomo più perfetto che abbia mai conosciuto, fugge dall'altare e salta in sella a una moto sgangherata guidata da uno sconosciuto dall ...more
Published October 27th 2016 by Leggereditore (first published July 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about La grande fuga, please sign up.
MorpheusZzz Her love interest is "Panda" Shade.…moreHer love interest is "Panda" Shade.(less)

·  13,420 ratings  ·  1,142 reviews

Start your review of La grande fuga (Wynette, Texas, #7)
Irena BookDustMagic
I really enjoyed this novel.
It's relaxing, perfect for escapism.
Susan Elizabeth Phillips is the master when it comes to light hearted romance.
It took me some time to finish The Great Escape, but it's because I've been pretty busy lately and didn't have much time to read.
In normal circumstances, I'd probably finish it in 2-3 days.
♥Sharon♥
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay friends! I’ve come to the end of the road with the Wynette Texas series. What a freaking fun and amazing ride it has been. The leading men, the leading ladies, the side characters, the humor, the sex, and the banter allowed for such creative and easy flowing storylines. SEP ROCKS! I’d love to meet her someday, share a glass of wine and ask her how the heck she comes up these stories. I wonder what or who her inspirations are.

photo 0b4421db47e2e618bb73f4e7a2bcc271_zpsnov4bqrn.jpg

In The Great Escape we get Lucy Jorik’s story. She has made he
Karen
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I’ve finally reached the end of the Wynette Texas Series. And I have cherished each and every story. I heard a whisper on the wind that there may be an eighth book???!!! PLEASE YES! If not, I know I will be re-reading these books for years to come.

The Great Escape is Lucy Jorik’s story. We first met Lucy as a surly but frightened fourteen year old girl in First Lady. Left orphaned by an alcoholic and neglectful mother, Lucy was forced to grow up fast
Amanda
There was nothing redeeming about this book for me. Nothing. I was so fed up with it that I finally returned it at 92%. I didn't even care about the ending. I couldn't stand any of the characters. They were all stupid. And annoying. And had no depth. SEP is one of my favorite authors, but I REALLY hated this book.

Ok, here is the rest of my review....I just didn't have the energy to type it out on my phone. I have to say, it about killed me to give SEP a 1 star rating. Even the books that weren'
Jill
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

He jerked his head toward the rear of his bike. "Wanna go for a ride?"

Lucy Jorik has just run out on the most perfect man in the world on her wedding day. And made the great escape from Wynette on the back of a motorbike with a stranger named Panda.

The Great Escape is the sequel to Call Me Irresistible where Ted (Lucy's fiancé) and Meg (Lucy's best friend) find their hea. The Great Escape runs in parallel time with Call Me Irresistible so while Panda and Lucy are running away, Ted and M
Christina ~ Brunette Reader

2,5 Stars

Well-written and, in the sparse good moments, full of the usual trademark quirky humour, I nonetheless found it little inspired and not as engaging compared to its counterpart, Call Me Irresistible. If said previous instalment in the Wynette series dealt with the jilted-at-the-altar groom's point of view, here we are presented with the other side of the coin through the perspectives of the runaway bride and the mysterious man accompanying her on a wild ride.
Despite the exciting prem
Sadie
Jul 13, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. You know when you read a book from one of your favorite authors of all times and wonder if it's a test... that she didn't really write this book and you're supposed to call foul?

Also, instead of reading this book, just go rent Chasing Liberty. Same premise, much cuter.

The secondary story felt incomplete, the characters never really connected, the transformations were stilted, the Ah-ha Moments were more like, Yeah? And?

I ADORE Ms. Phillips. I think the woman's whole house and yard belong on
Anzu The Great Destroyer

Oh hell I fell asleep while reading. Again.

But wait! Holy shitting mushrooms I rated a Susan Elizabeth Phillips book one star. ONE STAR! Painful. It was so painful.

The Great Escape was supposed to be the book that makes up for the epic fail that was Call Me Irresistible. And the sad thing is that at least I managed to finish Call Me Irresistible. I could not finish The Great Escape. My main reason is its dullness. I miss the good ol’ times when Susan Elizabeth Phillips used to write nice books.
Jane Stewart
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 ½ stars. I felt good while reading the paperback, but the audiobook narrator ruined it.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
I’ve read most of this author’s books and gave 4 or 5 stars to all but two. I love her style. I love her dialogue. I love the way her characters bicker and insult each other. It’s her trademark. When I opened this book and began reading I felt like I had just been reunited with an old friend. A lot of her stories are similar, but I like her kind of stories.

Some reviewers claimed it was to
★★★★½
The Great Escape is the seventh and final installment in Susan Elizabeth Phillips's adult contemporary romance series titled: Wynette, Texas. This story follows up on the opening scene from the sixth book: Call Me Irresistible when Lucy plays the role of runaway bride. That story swiftly segued into the groom's new romance, but what happened to Lucy? Well, Ms. Phillips spills it all in The Great Escape...and I loved it!

Ms. Phillips offers readers complex characters who have very complicated
Miki
Jul 23, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: never-read-again
And there goes another writer off my "must read" list. I like -and still re-read- SEP's earlier books. She used to be an automatic HB buy for me. Then she slid down to "wait for the paperback" and from there to "borrow from the library" but now I'm done. No more Ms Phillips from any source. Lucy - who is presented as an intelligent, 30-something woman - leaves her fiance at the altar and runs away with a strange - in EVERY sense of the word - man on a motorcycle, to Find Herself. In order to do ...more
Dija
*Buddy read with Anzu~ You can read her review here.*

3.8/5 stars

After the mega-disappointment Call Me Irresistible was, I was prepared for this one to be at least as bad, if not worse. And really, with a hero named "Panda", how great could it possibly be?

I was spot-on for about the first half or so. Panda was disgusting and I didn't recognize grown-up Lucy at all, who used to be so brave and courageous in First Lady. All the characters were acting like snobs and I was sure this would be another
Anne OK
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
Lucy's made her escape; she ran from Mr. Perfect Ted Beaudine, and now in "The Great Escape" she's hooking up with a biker guy named Panda. Oh but hang on gang, the fun is just beginning. SEP is about to take us on another fun-filled, glorious trip into romanceland where she'll introduce us to another group of unforgettable characters. This one kept me captivated from beginning to ending. A little stretch of the imagination is required but still yet what I expect from one of my favorite contempo ...more
Zeek
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemp-rom
The follow up to Call Me Irresistible (Which I loved btw,) I found The Great Escape to be a let down. 

So. The Great Escape starts where the heroine, Lucy Jorik, exited in the previous book Call Me Irresistible. We join her after she left Wynette, Texas's favorite son Ted Beaudine and their proposed wedding of the century- and she’s done it on the back of a motorbike with a disreputable guy whom is sure to be a big mistake. That being Panda, a friend of Ted’s she just met the night before. (yeah
UhOhJanellio
I'm a huge SEP fan having, like the reviewer below, read all of her books, soI've been looking forward to Lucy Jorik's story for quite awhile. When I saw that it had finally been released, I wasted no time running down to Barnes and Noble to plunk down my money for the hardcover...

...only to get it home, read it and feel, well, MEH. Super disappointed.

There's a dynamic between the main characters in SEP's previous books that is exciting. The banter is snappy, the chemistry electric. This book s
Nancy
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a disappointing book for me. The basic story line is that Lucy is to marry the perfect man, Ted, and runs away. Conveniently, Tough Motorcycle Man who calls himself Panda (!) picks her up and they run away. He's rude, crude and inconsiderate. After a couple of weeks, he dumps her at the airport and tells her to go home. And so she does. She goes to HIS home. She has figured out at least that much. And that he has a great kisser. And that drives her to his summer home in Michigan.

Because
Duchess Nicole
How is it that SEP's characters all feel like real people, living real lives? And they're all now my best friends. I'm besties with a former POTUS. ...more
Eilonwy
Former First Daughter Lucy Jorik flees from her wedding, gets picked up by a motorcycle-riding guy who is the opposite of the too-perfect groom she's dumped, and finally gets a chance to go a little bad -- and it feels so good.
This is a sequel to Call Me Irresistible, which opens with Lucy's failed wedding, but then follows her best friend's romance with the jilted groom. In this book, readers finally get to find out what happened to Lucy.

This was everything I love about Susan Elizabeth Phill
Hirondelle
Jul 27, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Overly Attached Girlfriend is the daughter of a former president of the USA and meets a guy named Panda. That is it. And i thought it was awful, and stuffy and unconvincing. Oh well, at least it was a loan.

I should explain why I read this. 10 years ago I thought her books were so cute, so fun in a nice but materialistic, slightly trashy way, like a nice gentler Judith Krantz (misspent youth with few books, sorry). Light fluffy stuff. I might have gotten pickier, but the books have also IMO becam
Mo
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why I put off reading this book for so long. I mean, it is SEP and she is usually a HIT for me (except for one of her books but we won't mention that one) - I do think the name PANDA was putting me off a little bit. I know, a little bit fickle on my behalf ...

GAS, GRASS, OR ASS.
NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE ...

Panda (you can discover his "real" name yourself.) was a bit of a tough cookie, a bit of dick - but isn't that why we read SEP - some of heroes are asses but, at the end of the d
Ingie
Review written July 10, 2018

4 STARS - A terrific good SEP romance. I enjoyed as always.

Happy me, another audiobook in my earphones by one of my absolute favorite contemporary romances authors, the talented Susan Elizabeth Phillips, a GREAT writer who never let me down.

The Great Escape is book #7 in the contemporary romance Wynette, Texas series.

**********************************************

I really enjoyed book #6 (Call Me Irresistible) and it was a lot of fun to follow this
Nisha
Sep 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally! I'm so excited for Lucy's book, but a hero named Panda... He's got to have a cooler name. ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, steamy
This one is part of a series and reading some of the previous ones will probably benefit you. I particularly recommend reading First Lady to get a bead on Lucy's character. A lot of the motivation in this book is that she has kind of lost who she is and it makes more sense if you see the kind of person she started out as before Nealy and Mat came into her life. I also recommend reading the previous book, Call Me Irresistible because it's fun and it gives you a better understanding of what Lucy i ...more
Amanda
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ian
Jul 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

"She came closer to the bike and saw a battered Texas license plate along with a dog-eared bumper sticker that covered part of the worn leather seat. The print had faded, but she could still make out the words.

GAS, GRASS, OR ASS. NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE."

The Great Escape is a book that is trying just a little too hard in my opinion. It has all the ingredients for an entertaining romp, but it never quite manages to pull it off.

It is the story of Lucy and Panda. Lucy is running from th
Amber’s reading
Susan Elizabeth Phillips has knocked it out of the park again with The Great Escape. Fabulous writing, witty banter, small town setting, lovable side characters, and a smart and sassy heroine make this another winner. The perfect type of book to perk you up. Her books always bring me joy.

The only problem is I’ve almost read all her books now and it gives me anxiety to think about.
willaful
This story was all over the place. I tried skipping ahead and kept running into different new plots each time I randomly opened the book, none of which interested me in the slightest, so I gave up.
Keri
4.50 This was a real roller coaster of 3 romances in one. Let me just say that I am huge SEP fan and have a hard time giving a unbiased review, but will give it my best shot. Lucy has skipped out on her big wedding to the perfect Ted Beaudine and ends up on the back on the bike of bad boy "Panda". Now I knew right off the bat that the trappings of horrible stickers on the motorcycle and t shirts with horrible sayings were just camouflage for Panda, so none of that stuff bothered me. Lucy decides ...more
Mandy
LOVED this book! I have been wanting to read Lucy Joriks story since reading First Lady and this book did not disappoint. She's such a unique character and Panda was the perfect match for her. This book was complete perfection - everything from the introduction to the characters, the way Panda and Lucy meet, the steamy scenes, the humor and the secondary romance - I loved everything about this book. I really hope this author writes more in this series someday because this is one of the best book ...more
Nicola Marsh
Susan Elizabeth Phillips is the only author who can pull me away from my own writing.

I read this in 2 days, which means I put my own deadlines on hold and fed leftovers to my kids.

The romance between Lucy Jorik and 'Panda' Patrick Shade is flawed and volatile and oh so satisfying.

Adore SEP's books.
Each and every one of them.

• The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3)
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team, #4)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Chinooks Hockey Team, #5)
  • Any Man of Mine (Chinooks Hockey Team, #6)
  • Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1)
  • See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2)
  • Back in the Game (Stardust, Texas, #1)
  • Perfect (Second Opportunities, #2)
  • Crazy on You (Lovett, Texas, #1.5)
  • Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
  • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
  • Truly Madly Yours (Truly, Idaho, #1)
  • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
  • Tangled Up In You (Truly Idaho, #2; Writer Friends, #3)
  • Rescue Me
  • Open Season
  • Suddenly One Summer (FBI/US Attorney, #6)
  • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
See top shelves…
SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is the creator of the sports romance, beginning with her 1989 bestseller, FANCY PANTS. An internationally acclaimed author, her books have been published in over 30 languages. She’s the only four-time recipient of the Romance Writers of America’s prestigious Favorite Book of the Year Award, and a recipient of their Lifetime Achievement Award.

Susan'

Wynette, Texas (5 books)
  • Fancy Pants (Wynette, Texas, #1)
  • Lady Be Good (Wynette, Texas, #2)
  • What I Did for Love (Wynette, Texas, #4)
  • Call Me Irresistible (Wynette, Texas, #5)