Start by marking “Heads & Tales” as Want to Read:
Heads & Tales

Read eBook

Heads & Tales

4.63  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Heads & Tales is a collection of 28 short stories that will delight, fright and leave you questioning your sanity.
Diverse collection of flash and short fiction. Includes the award winning horror story Crossed.

Thought provoking storytelling at its best.

Genres include horror, comedy, romance, thriller, science fiction, historical romance and prose.
Published June 27th 2016 by Lulu.com (first published March 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Heads & Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heads & Tales

Angel M.
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful collection of short and very short stories! If you don't have time to invest in a full-length novel, this is the collection for you. Each story has its build-up and then POW...the endings...they are something else. They aren't cliff-hangers because you know, that person got what was coming to them, or the story has ended satisfactorily. A fantastic sample of work that will have you wondering about the author's novels. Seriously...check this out.
Cindy Smith
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing collection of stories! Something that will appeal to everyone! Loved the twist at the end of Virus, who will be the freaks? Eve of Terror reminded me of The Lottery. Best laid plans gone awry. Dinner for two was so appropriate, I could see me doing that! I enjoyed the element of surprise in each offering. I hope there are more collections coming!
Joe Jones
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heads & Tales is an entertaining collection of quickly-read stories from across the spectrum of genres. From divine entities to supernatural creatures to relatable, real-world situations, each story gives you just enough to catch your attention before ending, leaving you craving for more, even as you move onto the next entry.
Karen Mossman
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading the different stories in this book. There were some I loved, some I didn't quite get but still enjoyed, and others which were really clever.

I loved Haunted by His Absence about a fear of clowns, it was so clever and most of it was left to the reader's imagination.

Nobel Heart could so easily have been a novel, and it was a good long read. I loved this one and it remained my favourite until I reached Spooky - and no, it's not what you think, either. That was definitely my fa
Lorraine Atkins
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, anthology
A great collection of well-written, easy to read short stories.
The book contains a mix of genres, and as with most anthologies, some stories appealed to me than others, and some of them left me wanting more!

My favourites were Haunted by his Absence, Nobel Heart, Crossed and Twist of Fate.
Melanie
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading these tales. The characters were believable and interesting. The poetry was funny that was embedded in, and overall I enjoyed these tales.
Julie Stafford
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Sampler!!

This book show how talented Karina Kantas is and the many genres she has mastered. The stories are all excellent.They are a tad short compared to what I like but I did completely enjoy it. They are good stories to read at lunch or on a break. There are many genres to choose from and you may find one you thought you didn't care for and change your mind. Pick it up and give it a chance. Be surprised!
J.L. Heritage
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with all books containing multiple shorts, there were some stories I really enjoyed and others that weren't in the style I'm normally drawn to. Overall, I enjoyed this book and the variety it offered - some of the shorts would have made good, longer pieces...and I'd have been happy to read them! An enjoyable read.
margaret A. Schmidt
Jan 25, 2015
Kate
Jun 11, 2012
Wanda Luthman
This is a fun read indeed! It is a collection of flash fiction. Kantas, the author, is a gifted writer and story teller. She can write in many genres from science fiction to thrillers. I highly recommend this book. You will wish there were more to read, as I did!
Karina Kantas
Feb 26, 2017
Karina Kantas
May 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Adri Sinclair
Nicole Ortiz
Feb 10, 2017
MAKEOVER! 1 1 Jun 22, 2016 05:27PM
Goodreads Authors...: thought provoking tales. 3 10 Feb 01, 2012 07:30AM
Karina Kantas originates from the UK, but has lived in Greece most of her life.

Karina is a prolific author and publishes in the fiction genres of MC thrillers, fantasy, horror, comedy, romance and thrillers
When her imagination is working over time, she writes thought provoking/dark flash fiction.

Titles to date:

The OUTLAW series
In Times of Violence Urban thriller YA
Huntress MC thrillers/romance
La
More about Karina Kantas...