Start by marking “Chase (SEALs of Honor, #9)” as Want to Read:
Chase (SEALs of Honor, #9)

(SEALs of Honor #9)

This is the next installment in the SEALs of the Honor series.

Everyone has something in their history they’d like to keep buried in the past…
Chase has more than most. And his secrets are about to blow wide open as one really bad part of his past has come looking for him.
Vanessa is all about moving forward in her life and not looking back. There are enough painful memori
Published December 27th 2016 by Valley Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Chase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chase

CarolKat
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book opens in the sandbox, the guys are deployed and they find a couple of the kids that ran errands for them, hurt in the desert. One of them gives information that helps them get rid of a major threat in the region. That earns the brothers and their mother a place in the US.

Vanessa has a job that is stressful and she also has secrets that result in her having nightmares. She is one of the people who help immigrants to acclimate to being in the US. Amrit, his brother, now called Peter and
Jara Beaubien
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chase wishes he could totally bury his past, especially when it catches up to him. Vanessa wants to move ahead with her life and both have a past painful and hopefully will be able to overcome it so they can have a future.
In this they also have to rescue Amrit and Peter who managed to get involved in this lovely story and Chase's past.
Will they make it, will they all be able to return to a normal life, read the book, it's a lovely story that kept me reading until it was done, thank you Dale May
Leah Hines
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is Chase and Vanessa's story and it's a great one. This is a story about having to deal with the past eventually, you can't hide from it forever. This couple is made for each other and their story is an excellent addition to the SEALS series. I love these alpha men and the way they soften when it comes to the women in their lives.
Wendy Hodges
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Vanessa's spirit, she seemed to pretty much adopt Chase as hers without even thinking about it. She didn't care that sometimes she made him look completely incapable of looking after himself let alone protecting anyone, or that she had made him the butt of jokes among the guys for the future. But that is what makes her special and I think they all realise that early on, and Chase certainly recognises it and returns it. The story itself starts out in a war zone but moves quickly back to t ...more
Jo-Ann Fitzgerald
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This book is about the hero who while away on a mission friends brothers. The brothers are sent, hurting, to the hero and his team with a message. The brothers give them information to help capture the bad guys.fast forward a few months and the hero arrives home from another mission and finds himself having company. His past as caught up with him. He has to explain to his team what's going on and why.

Meanwhile he brother's, who are now in the US, aren't dealing with new things very well. Their
Lisa Gibbs
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Chase has a dark past that very few people know about, even among his SEAL team. He would like to keep it quiet but as well all know secrets don't stay hidden forever and his are about to be make known.

Vanessa hasn't had an easy life either because of that she now helps immigrants find their way to a new and more settled life in California. Vanessa crosses paths with a family that Chase helped when he was in the Middle East and now the family wants to see him, esp. one of the boys he saved.

He me
Carol
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Dale Mayer ever since I read Touched by Death. I really love reading the series "Seals of Honor" and Chase's story is just another great book in the series. When Chase's past resurfaces in the present, Amrit, Peter and Vancessa are put in danger. Amrit and Peter are the two boys his team saved while in the middle east, and Vanessa is the worker at the resettlement center assigned to their case, There's a lot of action as Chase and his teammates work to keep him and the others ...more
Dawn Cruikshank
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chase

WOW! Another great story. We get to see both Evan's and Vanessa's pasts come to light. Unfortunately, Evan's past is the one that is deadly. During this mission, Evan and Vanessa fall in love with each other. It's unfortunate that we don't get to see the outcome of the trial but I am happy these two found their happily ever after. FANTASTIC job Dale! I would recommend this book.
Denise
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great addition to one of my favorite series. 'Chase' is just as bad-ass as the rest of the Seals. He has a past and he mans up about it. I like that. The storyline pulled me in and didn't let go. Vanessa is a great woman. She has been through hell, but she had to overcome the obstacles and thrive. She has a great outlook when it comes to others safety and their well being. A great add to your tbr list. I can't wait to read more.
Bonnie L Hampton
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have loved every single one of these stories!

This was number ten in the series and it was, just like all the others, fantastic. 😁🎉 The author has created a awesome group of characters in these stories and I have enjoyed all of the stories. Now I can't wait to read the next one! 🌟🌟🌟📖📚👍
Jean
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Good

This was a good book in the series. So far, book 1 was the best but this one was action packed and did involve the whole team which was great. If you are into military type love stories this is a good series to read. Each book is a stand alone but you get more out of them by reading in order.
Dianne Fagan
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series....

I've read the whole series and each one is a fantastic read. As all the books in series Chase and Vanessa's is full of action, suspense and love. Can't wait to read Brett's story
Carol and Gary Curtis
Disappointing result. I expect better from this author and usually get it. This effort was not up to the expectations. Plot was dull. Characters were pretty standard and action was subdued. OK but nothing special.
S. R. Lewis
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chase is another very entertaining book in this series, with its great characters, suspense, action, and romance. This book was enjoyable and exciting. Great read!
sandy Levine
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Plot thickens

I liked the book but it was too short and I didn't feel like the ending was a finish. You never found out what happened on court or with their future.
Nerissa Golden
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm a glutton for punishment. Love the seals but their women swing between brave and brilliant and airheads, which ruined the story for me.
Chase's past comes back to haunt him...
Linda Chase
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chase

I'm so glad chases story was this good.iv just loved reading these seal books and the family they have become
Jodi
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read, lots of action
Zita
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other-arcs
His past and present are set to collide…

This is the tenth book in the SEALs of Honor series that can be read as a stand-alone.

On a deployment to the Middle East, Navy SEAL Chase Buchanan and his teammates rescue two local missing boys, brothers, severely beaten yet left alive to give a warning message to the Americans. One of the boys, with some prompting from Chase, provides valid intelligence enabling the SEAL team to take down a terrorist group. But having passed that information places both
Elizabeth Neal
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Chase, a SEAL, struggles with the things he sees in his job, and with memories of a past he can't quite forget, a life he was forced to become a part of. When two of the boys, Amrit and Paprit, that his team has grown close to go missing, the search is on. Thankfully, the two are found and as Amrit has some information he overheard regarding a terrorist to pass on, his family needs to be protected, and to do that, they'll need to blend in with others entering the United States. When Chase's past ...more
Scott Ryan
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So good to have friends when your past comes and bites you in the ass. More problems than usual, and Chase and Vanessa have a hell of a time not just keeping themselves safe, but a mom and her kids are in the crossfire (or crosshairs) too, from gangs on two continents. SEALs are good to have around.
I did see a proofing copy of this book.
Niken Widyastuti
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

Chase Buchanan, a team member of our beloved Navy SEAL Team in this series, took a part in searching for missing local boys. These boys were often played around the military base with other kids as well as military guys. They were found, severely beaten, but they were able to give intel for the military.

Fast forward to the land of US, our heroine Vanessa Roman, who worked to resettle refugees, got an assignment to resettle those boys and their mother. D
Hazel Harkins
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book 10 of SEALs of Honor by Dale Mayer

Chase Buchanan is a Navy Seal on assignment in the Middle East. He and his team members are out searching for two local boys that befriended the unit, have learned to speak pretty good English while doing odd jobs for some of the men around base. The boys have gone missing and rumor has it that the boys have gotten into some trouble.

Vanessa Roman works to resettle newly arrived refugees into the U.S. from the world over and just happens to be assign
Amy
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dale has done it again! I don't know how she does it, but each and every SEALs of Honor book is jam packed full of drama, intrigue, action, suspense, loyalty, humor, and love. The heroines are strong, resilient women, not whiny and helpless people that you just want to slap! Our SEALs are always the strong alpha types but not so over-the-top that it's a turn off. Plus, they are full of love, compassion, humor and whit. **swoon**

I love Chase's story of how he started out going down the wrong path
Niki Driscoll
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
Another wonderful seal to fall in love with from "seal team keeper." Chase and the team get help from a young boy overseas earning his family a ticket to the USA. Meeting this young man here in the US to help him, Chase inadvertently puts him and the social worker assigned to the transition in danger when his past makes contact with his future. Vanessa has a past herself and easily sees what Chase has kept hidden and why. I liked that Chase, Vanessa and the young boy all had things in their live ...more
Mandy C
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good one.

An interesting twist with this story but believable. History crashing into the present and causing chaos. Innocents caught up and love blooming under strenuous circumstances. Curious about the next one....Brett. Looking now! ☺
Judy
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chase by Dale Mayer
SEALs of Honor Series Book Ten
Chase Buchanan had left his past behind a decade ago. After returning home from a mission—he finds that his past has caught up to him. And it's not a good thing. What is good is that now he has his unit—his SEAL brothers, to help him.

Vanessa Roman was an immigrant and she enjoys her job of helping others to adjust to a new start in America. She's really excited when she can reunite a young boy trying to adjust to the man who had rescued him back i
EskieMama & Dragon Lady Reads
Nikita
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Dale mayer . A world full of lies , deceits, secrets and regrets left behind in the past come clashing into the present, threatening both the present and future . In all the chaos of the past and present , an unexpected relation blooms . But will it be able to survive the dangers of past or will it wither down ??

Once again Dale mayer precedes all of her previous works and delivers the most reliably action packed mystery thriller novella with a penchant for romance quick wit
Heather
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is the 10th entry in the SEALs of Honor series, However, it can easily stand on it's own. Chase is a Navy SEAL that has firmly put his past behind him. However, the past is not done with Chase. Vanessa is a social worker trying to help get refugees settled when she accidentally gets pulled into the danger surrounding Chase. This was a fast paced romantic suspense novella that will surely draw you in.

• Harbored by the SEAL (H.E.R.O. Force, #3)
  • Building Ties (SEAL Team Heartbreakers #4)
  • Red Stone Security Series Box Set: Volume 4 (Red Stone Security, #10-12)
  • Warrior (Crossfire, #5)
  • SEAL's Obsession (Take No Prisoners, #4)
  • Holding On (Hold Trilogy, #3.5)
  • The Navy SEAL's Holiday Fling (Ballybeg Bad Boys, #3)
  • True Navy Blue (True Blue SEALs Novella)
  • The Bad Assassin
  • Ricochet
  • Guard Dog (Hot SEALs; Stone Hard SEALs, #3)
  • Romancing the Alpha: An Action-Adventure Romance Boxed Set
  • Strong Silent SEAL (SEALs of Coronado, #2)
  • Intimate Strangers (Captive Hearts, #2)
  • Leather and Lace (Tempered Steel, #2)
  • Hostage Rescue Team Box Set Vol. I (Hostage Rescue Team #1-3)
  • Cat in a Hot Pink Pursuit (Midnight Louie, #17)
  • Code of Silence (Seal Team 12, #7.5)
Dale Mayer is a USA Today bestselling author best known for her Psychic Visions and Family Blood Ties series. Her contemporary romances are raw and full of passion and emotion (Second Chances, SKIN), her thrillers will keep you guessing (By Death series), and her romantic comedies will keep you giggling (It's a Dog's Life and Charmin Marvin Romantic Comedy series).

She honors the stories that come

SEALs of Honor (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Mason (SEALs of Honor, #1)
  • Hawk (SEALs of Honor, #2)
  • Dane (SEALs of Honor, #3)
  • Swede (SEALs of Honor #4)
  • Shadow (SEALs of Honor #5)
  • Cooper (SEALs of Honor #6)
  • Markus (SEALs of Honor, #7)
  • Evan (SEALs of Honor, #8)
  • Brett (SEALs of Honor, #10)
  • Devlin (SEALs of Honor #11)