Start by marking “Dragonsworn (Dark-Hunter, #26)” as Want to Read:
Dragonsworn (Dark-Hunter, #26)

Dragonsworn

(Dark-Hunter #26)

There is nothing in the universe the cursed dragon, Falcyn, hates more than humanity . . . and in particular, Greek humans. In a war he wanted no part of, they systematically destroyed everything he’d ever cared for. Now he lies in seclusion, away from the world and waits for the day when evolution will finally rid him of the human vermin.

Medea was born the granddaughter o
Published August 1st 2017 by St. Martin's Press

Ana O
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dracarys, bitches.

giphy

Nothing is cooler than dragons.

Meet Medea.

tenor

“Oh, I see. You’re a dog. Well, Fido, I’m sure there are some nice little humans over at the bar who’d like to take you home and pet you. I’m not one of them. So go on, boy.”

Meet Falcyn.

sonrisa

“So you’re the queen bitch of the Daimons.“

Medea is an Appolite, a race created by the Greek god Apollo and then cursed by him. She is the daughter of Stryker (son of Apollo) and Zephyra, two of the series' most prominent villains. Their crazy-a
Sophia Triad
Falcyn (Katagaria Dragos) and Medea (Apollite/Daimon)

Ok, this book is a huge enigma.
The clearest character is Medea. We have met her in One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter #15) by Sherrilyn Kenyon. And she is the daughter of Stryker and Zephyra.
No big surprise there. No more surprises in the book about her.
Unfortunately, I never particularly liked Stryker and Zephyra and as a result I am not a fan of their daughter.

Medea will meet Falcyn. She will think that he is just a nasty dragon:

Medea would have made a comment had Falcyn not decided to lick the
Amy
It hurts to give Kenyon anything lower than 4 stars, because she has been my go-to author for over 11 years now. However, I can't give Dragonsworn anything higher than 2, because for the first time, I've seen how pretty 1-dimensional her characters are. At least, after Styxx's book, her characters have become cookie-cutter, and I'm tired of reading the same thing, just different characters, setting, and maybe plot.

I didn't realize that this series was a crossover to her Lords of Avalon books. Pe
Under the Covers Book Blog
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

If you know Kenyon’s Dark Hunter world, the series can get very complicated but oh, so good!  Dragonsworn is the second installment of the Dragon Rising series set in the Dark-Hunter world (28th),  and part of the Lords of Avalon series.  Also, an anticipated read for me because Falcyn is not only a sexy dragon but the oldest Drakomai dragon with
Kat Valentine
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The only thing I love more then dragons is big bad sexy as hell red dragon with a bad attitude named falcyn!! Talk about a guy with issues, but I love this prickly guy!!! In dragonsworn he meets his match when he meets Medea she doesn't give two shits about pissing anyone off and that includes falcyn. Together these two are dynamite!! Talk about chemistry these two are hot for each other from the get go and it only gets hotter!! A lot of questions and secrets are answered in this third dragon se ...more
Gary
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
another 5 stars all round
Anita Taylor
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
First, let me say that I am the kind of person that can suspend their belief of reality really easy. This usually allows me to enjoy books where others don't. But, I have to say, I am highly disappointed in this book.

While others saw the info dump as something else. It was clear that this book was used largely to do nothing more than that. Dump tons of information on the reader. Instead of finding it great as others have, I found it to be too much and overwhelming.

I also do not like how so man
Калина Минчева
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome dark hunter novel as usual! Also I really cannot wait for Urian's book! Also also - can somebody kill Apollo already?!
Katerina
I felt like I had big gaps in the storyline. It's obvious to me that to really understand who's who and what's what (if you care that is), is to have read the spin off Lords of Avalon. Some of the books are part of the Dark Hunter series as well, so yeah...

Although Ms. Kenyon tries to fill in the gaps, personally I require more. So I will go and read/re-read the previous books. I felt that Acheron's and Simi's presence was a bit forced, as they have to do absolutely nothing with the plot.

Other
Stacy
Oct 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: menyon
That's it. I'm done spending over $20 on a Dark-Hunter book only to find it unbearable to read. The tone of her stories have fallen so far in quality they read more like a terrible B-movie on the SyFy channel.

The story pretty much sounds like a lot of this...
"I'm the baddest of the badasses. I came into this world angry, and oh yeah, you can bet your ass nothing has changed. You heard of so-and-so, well he's got nothing on my badass."
"Oh yeah, he wasn't exaggerating. Everybody feared him on a g
Amber
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: librarybooks
Falcyn is a Primordial Dragon/demi-God who has sworn to protect the birth of the world's egg from anyone that would try to take it as he hates humanity and everything else with it. When he asked by Stryker's Appolite Demon daughter Medea for help in saving her family from Apollo's curse, Falcyn reluctantly agrees only to end up in the last place he and his brother wanted to be at, Camelot. Will they be able to get home and save Medea's family or will they die in another realm? Read on and find o ...more
LaShawn
Sep 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kenyon's Dark Hunter books are quickly becoming as whiny as the Anita Blake series. Or maybe I'm just sick of reading it.
There used to be interesting, sympathetic characters with actual personalities but now they're all cookie cutter. Same problems, same conversations, same quips, same solution. It's pure laziness. I would love to finally read Nick Gautier's story, but as it won't be published within the next five years due to the dragging on of Chronicles of Nick... Anyway if the quality of the
Syntha Green
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I just felt this was lacking in plot. Two couples meet and 30 minutes later they are mated for life so to speak. In an evil land where the trees can attack and the water is explosive, not to mention the hordes of bad guys after them, they get separated from their party and go at it like bunnies. I just wasn't feeling it. I enjoyed the earlier Dark Hunter books much more.
Austine (NovelKnight)
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases
Goodness, this series has grown since I last picked up an installment in the Dark-Hunter world. It was odd reading a book twenty-some books into the series when the last one I left on was back near the beginning. It left a lot of gaps because, like most of the paranormal romance series I read, they're all interconnected.

I really need to stop reading these books out of order...

First off, I was excited that a dragon race had been introduced into the world. Yay for the dragons! Or drakomai, to get
Megzy
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
It wasn't as engaging as most other Sherrilyn's books.
Shannon
I read some of the reviews on this book before I began and thought they must be wrong, however, I have found they are not.
Kenyon was my first foray into PNR oh so many years ago and I ate the series up like candy. I could not get enough. After the last two books though, it is just not the same. As the song goes....."it's all the same, only the names will change...." is what these plots have come to be. This one also felt very disjointed to me and then I heard it links to the Lord of Avalon books
Marishka
While enjoyable i could've cared less about the romance between Falcyn and Medea. Everything else was more interesting.

*I would suggest reading the Lords of Avalon series first. I didn't and wished I did, I think it would have helped me know some things. With knowing who is who and what the hell happened in Avalon.
*I still wish there was a glossary somewhere so we would know what certain words mean and having the definitions of certain races would be nice. The character guild while helpful only
Scholar
AFTER READING:
SPOILERS AHEAD, BE WARNED!

This book was everything that Dragonmark was not... An excellent book, that is.

In most cases, I am not all for instant romances but Medea and Falcyn made sense together. Both were tormented by their pasts; mistakes, sins, anger and even hatred. They bonded over it and I loved it! The identity of Falcyn's father is unveiled and it's none other than Noir.

There are many things that are uncovered in this book. Maddor, leader of mandrakes is Falcyn's son and i
Pamela(AllHoney)
Listed as part of the following series : Dark-Hunters #28, Dark-Hunterverse #28, Dark-Hunter: Dragons Rising Trilogy #2, Entire Dark-Hunterverse #34, Lords of Avalon #6, Were-Hunters #11. Medea, daughter of Stryker & Zephyra, seeks for a cure for the dreaded disease that is attacking her people. She finds Falcyn who possesses the last dragonstone but wants nothing to do with her. There are many who would love to possess the dragonstone for it's power. But when a group of Gallu arrive, they a ...more
Coral
Sep 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Plot: 3/5
Characterisation: 2/5
Prose: 3/5
How much I enjoyed it: 2/5

I swear I'm a masochist. After Dragonmark, I swore it would be the last DH book I'll read. But here I am, finally finishing Dragonsworn. Although, like Dragonmark which broke the record as the fastest SK book I've finished, this is the opposite. The slowest SK book I've finished.

I've finally figured out what bothers me about the DH books in this decade. It's the same repetition of plot cycles over and over again. Hero and/or heroi
Romina
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I wish we could go back to the older Dark-Hunter books. I feel that this universe has grown so much, everything is mix and causes confusion. I feel like I been reading the same story line in the last 4 Mrs. Kenyon books, that includes The League Series.
Cindy
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I continue to love everything about this world. The different pantheons can get a bit overwhelming especially with all the different characters that are intertwined even more than they know. Medea is technically a bad person, however I can't help but like her warrior spirit. Falcyn is a dangerous dragon produced from evil but turnd out good, but angry. Can't blame either but there is so much pain in all of these stories. Luckily they have an HFN.

The flow between different perspectives is done pe
Staci
Okay so now I have "read" the 3 Dragon brother's books.

I think I may have a bit of a crush on Fal...I definitely relate to him even more that Ily and Max.

So now I want to read Zen's story, if she has one. (and if she doesn't, why the hell not?)

Tracie R
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
I enjoyed Dragonsworn, Falcyn & Medea are great characters and the well balanced storyline had me engaged from beginning to end.
Ramona
meh, I don't know where this series is going, I feel like the last few books have been just filled with boring characters I couldn't care less about. Just move on from the Avalon/dragons storylines already!
Sonia189
Very confusing after so long since the last time I've read about this world. Some novelty info was interesting but that was it. The relationships between characters are more and more on the sarcastic or ironic level and the romance wasn't "romantic".
Topaz Lykan
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sherrilyn-kenyon
OMG!!!! THIS WAS HER BEST YET.
ACHERON AND STYX STILL REMAIN ONE OF MY FAVORITES. BUT, THIS ONE OH MY!
Tori
I decided to read this before Stygian. SLK is one of the few authors who can jump shark and still make sense. LOL Review to come.
Debrac2014
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the beginning and the ending! I found the middle of the story confusing because characters from her Lords of Avalon series, which I haven't read, appeared!
Kayla
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Im not loving the fact the Lord's of Avalon has been merged with my beloved dark-hunter verse. It's getting pretty confusing to keep up with everything and I've read every single book in order...ive never read the Lord's of Avalon books she did so it confused me when they were just suddenly there like we should know who they are. Really needing a guide at this point in the series but absolutely love Falcyn. Only reason I gave it 3 stars..

• Demon Storm (Belador, #5)
  • The Demon Prince (Ars Numina, #2)
  • Haunted Wolves (Green Pines, #2)
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)
  • The Darkest Promise (Lords of the Underworld, #13)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Hawkyn (Demonica Underworld #5; Demonica #16; 1001 Dark Nights #77)
  • Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin, #9)
  • Shadow's Seduction (Immortals After Dark, #17; The Dacians, #2)
  • Apocalypse Happens (Phoenix Chronicles, #3)
  • Dragon Unbound (Dragon Falls #3.5)
  • Dark Legacy (Dark, #27)
  • Lost to the Gray (Shaede Assassin, #2.5)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
“Have you a point in this mission, other than to piss me off and insult me? In which case, mission accomplished, but your life is drawing perilously close to its end as a result." Falcyn” 2 likes
“So, what idiot put hothead on the door tonight?" Dev
"I be said idiot. Thank you very much. Thought he was you. Could one of you bastards cut your hair so I can tell you apart?" Fang”
1 likes