Start by marking “Starting His Engine” as Want to Read:
Starting His Engine

Starting His Engine

(Revving It Up #1)

Athletic and handsome, Florida boy Caleb Youngblood has always wanted to race stock cars like his father and his brother. The roar of the engines, the smell of the burning rubber and the thrill of speed courses his veins. Racing is as much a part of him as the sun and surf of the Florida ocean he loves.

But, when Caleb falls in love with sports writer Sebastian Rush, he
Published November 12th 2016 by JMS Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Starting His Engine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starting His Engine

Start your review of Starting His Engine
Amy Dufera
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Starting His Engine is a wonderful, sweet romance in which WS Long manages to infuse a whole lot of humor.

Caleb's father, who runs a racing company, doesn't want Caleb racing for his team as an openly gay man. He's afraid of the homophic hate that Caleb would have to endure, as well as fearing him being hurt as a result of being out.

Caleb need to be out though as he loves Sebastian and can no longer hide him. Thus follows their story as they face coming out, homophobia, and dealing with Caleb's
Kaila
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
i dont think ive read any nascar type stories before and wasnt sure if id like it or not but i really did.. it was good and funny and sweet and i liked it
Bobbi
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I enjoyed this short story very much! Got into all of the characters right away. Fell in love with them and want to hear more about every one.
I read this in one sitting then went to sleep. My mind wouldn't let it go. I continued the story in my sleep. I only do this when the story and characters have really caught my interest. Can't wait to read more about these characters soon!
Vicki Easom Johnson
Loved this sweet book

Caleb and Sebastian were so sweet. I hated to see it end. I love that it was based around racing. I wish it was longer so I could have more of them. I love W. S. Long's books. Writing is great! The reference in the story about the track that was being used was spot on. I love when an author does their research!
Elaine
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful story, we meet Caleb, and Sebastian. Such strong and good characters. The story had a good storyline, also it was well written. I enjoyed it very much.
Zane Kage
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5
Terri
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book begins with a couple who are already in a serious relationship. I really enjoyed getting to know Sebastian and Caleb, as well as Caleb's family. Caleb has to make a choice on whether or not to come out while a part of NASCAR. When a majority of the fans are from the south, there is potential for a largely homophobic reaction, so this is not an easy decision for Caleb. I love how Sebastian agrees to stand by him no matter what. This one is short but doesn't suffer for that. I still feel ...more
Suze
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: won JMS voucher on LoveBytes
2.5*
Easy to read but the writing was a bit unrefined. A bit repetitive or unnecessary words at times.
Caleb and Sebastian are an established couple so whilst their relationship is solid, you don’t get to know them really well.
I enjoyed the racing bits, used to watch a lot of NASCAR on tv and Daytona is actually I have been to, though it was for the bikes.
The story is quite simple and I did think for a while we were going fairytale ending so glad that didn’t happen but felt we missed a lot of the
Esther Alayeto
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet and wonderful Romance that’s a great start to a new series. Caleb and Sebastian are such a cute couple and I love how they are with one another. I just hate that Caleb can't have both his dream career and the man he loves. But which one will he choose. Great story with a wonderful ending and I can’t wait to read the next one. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Patrice Leonard
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book just wasn't long enough to have enough character development for me to be interested in them or the story TBH. At times, most times actually, it felt like this was a book 2 of a series. I even went back through the author's catalog just to make sure I hadn't missed a book 1.
I gave two stars because Sebastian was sweet.
The love scenes were awkward to say the least. What was supposed to come across as dirty talk really was just cliche and embarrassing. I almost DNFed in the middle of
Lori Toland
Apr 26, 2017
Alp Mortal
Jan 23, 2017
Lyn
Feb 25, 2018
Angela
rated it did not like it
Nov 30, 2019

• Good Muslim Boy
  • Introducing CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy): A Practical Guide
  • That's Not How You Wash a Squirrel
  • Living With It: Revised Edition
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic, #1)
  • The Case of the Missing Will:  A Hercule Poirot Mystery
  • The Veiled Lady: Hercule Poirot Mystery
  • The Kidnapped Prime Minister: A Short Story
  • The Affair at the Victory Ball (Hercule Poirot Mysteries)
  • The Adventure of the Egyptian Tomb: An Inspector Poirot Mystery
  • The Chocolate Box: A Short Story (Hercule Poirot Mysteries)
  • Snowdrift and Other Stories
  • The Tragedy at Marsdon Manor: A Short Story
  • The Adventure of the Cheap Flat: A Short Story
  • The Market Basing Mystery: A Short Story
  • The Jewel Robbery at the Grand Metropolitan: A Short Story
A military brat, who joined the military himself, W.S. Long now practices law during the day, but at night reads and writes male-male romance. When he's not writing, W.S. Long travels and dreams of traveling far off distant lands with his mild-mannered college professor husband.

Everyone should have a little romance in his or her life.

Revving It Up (3 books)