Start by marking “Find Your Awesome: A 30-Day Challenge to Fall in Love with Your Playful, Imaginative & Colorful Self” as Want to Read:

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
In a perfect world, maybe you wouldn't need a 30-day challenge to find and fall in love with your most playful, imaginative, and colorful self, but we don't live in a perfect world. We live in a fast-paced, high-octane society where feeling lost in the jostling crowd is the norm and finding our own significance is oftentimes the biggest challenge of all. Fearless love cham ...more
Published April 4th 2017 by Hci

To ask other readers questions about Find Your Awesome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Find Your Awesome

Andrea
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun, quirky book that challenges you to let go of your stresses, to take life less seriously and feel uplifted through 'play', love, creativity and imagination. In doing so, you will be rewarded by finding your awesome.

An inspiring little book that appealed to my inner child. Loved, loved, loved the illustrations.....but buy the book and not the Kindle version.

I chose to read this NetGalley ARC for which I have given a voluntary and unbiased review.
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, self-help
This book would make a great gift for someone you love or for yourself. It is a journal meant to be written, doodled, and colored in. The daily ideas range from silly to serious and all will help to lift your mood.

I received an ARC from NetGalley.
Missy (Missy's Reads & Reviews)
This is a fun little book that I had originally thought would be entertaining for me to do during my "me" time, which is the time I take to unplug for the day and just concentrate on things that appeal to me. However, as I was reading and going through this book, I couldn't help to think how much fun this would be to incorporate into the time that I have with my son - either as just part of his usual day, or maybe even during his schooling. I decided that it would probably be best as something t ...more
Linda
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I came across this book when I was very depressed following the death of my oldest son and I am so glad I did. The only thing better than a kindle copy of this book would be a paper copy.
This book is about being kind to yourself and loving yourself but it is also about showing the world that you love yourself but not in an arrogant way. It features 30 days of tasks designed to put you back at the centre of your priorities.. Things like writing a rocking your life list, showing the world it is mo
Julia
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This is a wonderful small book to work with for at least 30 days. It offers ideas and lots of creative space to find back to your awesome - and we are all awesome, we're just hiding it well.

Some of the ideas were not new to me, like writing a letter to yourself, but with the added bonus of a creative project to go with it, I think I might be more tempted to explore them.
Heather
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful book! Judy Clement Wall, whimsical artist and author, has created a 30-day plan to help you find your awesome. Each day she gives you another fun (and challenging!) exercise to try. She asks you to celebrate your body by listing all the reasons you love all your parts. She provides inspiration and encouragement for writing a Rockin-Your-Life list. She gives you templates to draw mandalas, write letters, and more. The book is packed with full colour illustrations, and it is s ...more
Eve
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Set over thirty days, to be completed by you a little bit everyday, this journal's focus is to make you fall in love with yourself and promotes self love through persistent activities.

From simply writing kinds things about yourself to encouraging your mind to get creative and draw too at points, colour designs you create, list positives vs negatives in your life and find what you appreciate and want to manifest in your life. The journal also encourages uncluttering your life by donating and binn
Deborah
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a lovely book and would make a great present for those who enjoy mindfulness as it helps you fall in love with yourself and would help prepare you for meditation. Some of the ideas I found a bit weird but I loved the artwork. I read it as an ebook but this is really a book you need in print to fully appreciate and interact with.
I was given this book by Netgalley and the publisher. This is my voluntary review.
~Vixhen~
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great little book of goodness. It's inspirational and awesome. Regardless of where you are in the cycle of life, it will speak to you in ways that you've either forgotten or never realized existed. I recommend the actual paperback version of this book so you can create things that make you smile...and trust me you will.

***ARC received from NetGalley***
Marina
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
If you have a friend who needs a boost, there may be no better gift to give her than this book. It’s a grown-up activity book giving thirty days of pick-me-up activities with integrated fun worksheets.

Two things that I really liked about it are:
- It’s not too ‘spiritual’. There’s no mumbo-jumbo. Yoga and meditation hardly feature. (Not dissing yoga/meditation but they don’t work for all.) It’s a very practical book.
- There’s not just a focus on the self, but also on making others feel good. I l
Holly Senecal
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Find Your Awesome was an exercise in positivity, creativity, and all around well, awesomeness! I not only reviewed this but participated in the activities ( and still am!) with a feeling of satisfaction. This book by Judy Clement Wall should be in the hands of every counselor, teacher, camp counselor, activities director...anyone that does any kind of training. I can see it being used, possibly adapted to different areas of business as well. Excellent in concept and delivery.
Tina
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am enjoying the digital version of “Find Your Awesome,” but to enjoy it to the fullest, a print copy would be ideal. Since it is digital, I find myself forgetting to do the next days activities. If it were a print copy, I believe I would see book on my desk and remember to fulfill that days project. Often when we set out on a kindness quest, we focus solely on others. “Find Your Awesome” reminds us that we need to show that same love to ourselves. That isn’t as easy!! Maybe that’s why I “forge ...more
Gayathri
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read the full review at Elgee Writes

Find Your Awesome is an entertaining step by step instruction workbook that will help you introspect and learn to love yourself. This book is in the form of a 30 day challenge, but you can shorten or lengthen the period according to your need. I took more than 30 days to do some and I didn’t even do those challenges in that order (which probably is not how you should do).

If you are looking for a life changing piece of advice, then Find Your Awesome may not be
Priya
I loved the doodles in the book. I want to go over the daily challenges over and over again. I wish I had read it sooner.

I received a free copy of the book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Samantha
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, its so cute and its easy, it lays it all out there for you to achieve a sense of self in this crazy world. Now the task however may sound easy but from someone who is very shy, going up to a random stranger and hugging them, woah maybe not thank you. But its a journey we all need to take and i think this book makes it so much easier!
Sabrina
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I decided to try and find my awesome by following the 30 day challenge. I must admit I didn't always exactly do every one of the daily challenges and sometimes I did more than 1 in a day. I can't say that it completely changed my life but there were a few good tips which I want to try and keep up with, such a being unexpected. I also really enjoyed making my own t-shirt designs.
Rebeca Solano
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC in exchange for a honest review. Thanks to Netgalley

I found this book pretty cool, this book make you do things that should be habits, because self love is something that everyone deserve to experiment, self appreciation, happiness with our own body, with our life, with the people who loves us. This book make you think about things that are easy to do but we never do. As an introvert, a few things here are out of my confort zone, and even if i don't want to change my introvert way of live, e
Annie
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
It's undeniably true that most people are their own worst critics. We would generally never dream of being as critical or negative to other people as we casually are to ourselves. I've never had much luck with the whole 'look in the mirror and tell yourself you're great'! (I felt like a complete goofball). Anyhow, this book has a much more thought out and structured method for internalizing positivity and being kind and loving to ourselves (and those around us).
Set up as a personal journal/activ
Ramie
This came up for review just as I had bought a traveler's journal to do art in. So I figured why not? If nothing else a few of the prompts could be useful.

Luckily for me, the first rule of this challenge is that there are no rules. Good thing as figuring out how to do the burning while living in an apartment wasn't a fund prospect (I listened to the no rules, rule and did a shredding instead) -- same concept, less of a chance of setting off smoke detectors.

This is a useful book and I do like i
Janis Hill
I would like to thank HCI Books for providing me with an ARC of this book via Netgalley for an open and honest review.

I’m not going to score this book as I don’t want to give it a bad score - as I don’t feel it deserves one. Nor do I want to give it a high score for the same reason.

Basically, this book was not for me. There is nothing wrong with the writing or the story; I just couldn’t get into it.

This does not make it a bad book, and I really want to emphasise this. Despite not liking it and
Deborah
This is a self guided introspective to discover who you are and what your goals are. It gives you a place for creativity, a place to think creative thoughts and write them down, think about them.This book is inspiration, it makes a great gift for a graduate (female), or retiree. It is self motivation and exploration, self help and a place to write your ideas in a give and take with the book to guide your thoughts, and a place for you to record your response. There are lists to make, and check, b ...more
Alexis
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a neat book to read about a subject that few people want to talk about. The illustrations seem a little juvenile, but some made me laugh out loud (like imagining my impending marriage to a hamster). I could have really used this book as a teenager with little self-confidence, and it probably would have made an impact on me. A lot of the exercises are silly, like designing a shirt, and others more serious (making a life long dream lis
Victoria
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Find your Awesome is a thought-provoking, engaging and entertaining book that helps you tap into yourself and find out what makes you unique. I love to journal and the only regret I had is I didn’t have a copy of the book in paperback so that I could jot down my thoughts on the page. This book presents a 30 day challenge to help you dive into your feelings and discover your love for self. It is very motivational and inspirational. Contains cute illustrations and delightful daily tasks. So much f ...more
Rhonda
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Imaginative self awareness book

Judy Clement Wall did a great job with this instructive journal.
More than a self-help book, it is a rather light hearted way to see yourself and the world. I loved the graphics. I read this in ebook form and definately needed another notebook for some of the activities. One of the things I liked is that you could move around the days, the activities did not have to be done daily or in order.

I received an Advance Reader copy of this book.
Harshita Gupta
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Find Your Awesome is a sweet little book to enjoy few leisure activities. It’s a light novel with only 120 pages.
It’s a 30 day of journaling for falling in love with yourself. This book includes few fun loving daily exercises and projects to explore self-love.
Activities are fun, silly but not mundane. It includes writing your lists, doodling, colouring and other fun activities.
Few fun activities in the book:
• Be Unapologetic
• Write a self-love mantra
• Make a Not-to-do List
• Draw a Self Portrait
Toyin A
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Any book with illustrations is a big yes from me. What I enjoyed about Judy's book is the way she gives practical steps to show how you can motivate yourself.

It is definitely a self help book but with the colours and illustrations, it feels like a self help adventure you can undertake in 30 days to reveal a new you.

Although it is to be read as a daily devotional/ challenge, I read it in one sitting and was surprised at how 'gingered' I was to doodle and write things about myself (especially the
Laura Reading
Whether you pick up this book and open to a random page or dedicate a month or more of your life to increasing self appreciation, you won't be sorry you started this adventure.
While I would have preferred reading this in a print format, so I could doodle along with the artist's brilliant sketches, the ecopy I received from Netgalley for review purposes was very inspiring. It was a joy to read and I know I will revisit this book from time to time.

The ideas are simple to implement. Some seem silly
Irenic
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. The challenges are easy to do and can be done in the 30 days or as a standalone challenge. One could need a "boost", simply pick up the book, select a page and run with it.

The artwork was simple, yet true to the nature of the book. This is the type of book that is better suited to an actual bòok, however my copy is an ebook and it was still easy to follow, with the help of a paper journal.

This review is based on a free copy received from Netgallery.com and is an honest rev
Christine
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This adorable journal is filled with delightful illustration and plenty of space for you to create your own responses to the challenges or simply color in the doodles throughout. It's SO important for us to take care of our own selves before we try to take care of the rest of the world, and each of these self-love challenges reminds us of that.

and if you like to color, check out this part of the author's website: https://judyclementwall.com/coloring-...

I received this book through NetGalley in
Adna
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The only terrible thing about this book was that I got an ebook version and not a paper copy in which I could contribute my cool doodles as the author suggested. (As far as I know you cannot doodle in the Kindle app.) If you are thinking of purchasing this then most definitely get a paper copy and some coloring pencils to go along with it. :) I enjoyed the illustrations and inspiration which filled this book.

I would like to thank the NetGalley for a copy of this book.

Nonfiction Deals

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
  • Restless: Because You Were Made for More