Start by marking “Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)” as Want to Read:
Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)

Stunner

(Alexa O'Brien, Huntress 0.75)

Alternate Cover Edition: B007HBKZOQ

A prequel short story from the urban fantasy Alexa O'Brien Huntress series.

Reckless and young, Alexa O’Brien has finally met her match. A werewolf with unusual power, Alexa has a talent for finding trouble. This time trouble is a vampire who will change her life forever.

Plus Chapter One from Huntress Book One: Once Bitten
Published by Dark Mountain Books (first published March 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stunner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stunner

Theresa
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a combination of two short novellas that are prequels to the Alexa O'Brien Huntress Series...they tell the story of Alexa's connection to the three primary men in her life, Raoul, Shaz, and Arys...it also shows a more vulnerable and naïve Alexa as she grows into her powers and abilities and becomes aware of both sides of her being...however, in the same respect Alexa was shown as bold and confident, not yet a slave to her power...I enjoyed these short reads because they focused on ...more
Bud
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Nice Intro to the Series

I thought that this Prequel to the Alexa O'Brien Series was okay. I enjoyed it but I wish it delved slightly more into the story, not a lot more but just a little bit more. I have the first book on my Kindle as well and I should be starting it soon. I think this Series is going to be really sexy, romantic, and pure fun. That being said I cannot wait to see the ride this Series takes me on.
chucklesthescot
Alexa manages to get herself into trouble trying to kill Octavia and is saved by the mysterious and dangerous Arys. Now she has him to worry about and when her rejection of Raoul leaves him furious enough to hurt her, Alexa has problems.

Again I liked the character of Alexa and the rough time that she has had makes her a sympathetic character. I'm not normally interested in paranormal books where romance seems to be a major plot....but something about Alexa's story intrigues me and I plan to go a
Thenia
A turning point in Alexa's life, when her recklessness results in the first meeting with a very powerful vampire who seems intrigued by her.
Hbeebti
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
This was really good and got me intrigued about the rest of the series.
Ashden Collige
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
had potential but should have been longer
Shannon Curry
Simplistic

The book could be much more engaging, but lacks the depth of character required for a book that grabs you and sucks you into the works it creates. Not a bad read if you just need to fill a bit of time.
Diana Gioia
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
could have been better
Renae Rogers
If this was fanfiction, these would be considered little timestamps of the prequel variety in terms of the main series.
Tami
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More interesting with each book

Love the twists and turns of Alexa's world. My niece and daughter in law would love it. Can't wait to finish the next in the series
Renetta DeBoer
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a good start for Alexa and Arys relationship plus it gives the reader a quick look at Alexa's firey personally especially after what Raoul did to her. I really liked it.
sheri perez
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stunner

I really enjoyed this book. Alexa has a way about her that you don't see very often in heroine. She is very down to earth for a werewolf ha ha
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

A prequel short story from the urban fantasy Alexa O'Brien Huntress series. A brief look at Arys and Alexa's first meeting.

Short Story: 8000 words
Plus Chapter One from Huntress Book One: Once Bitten

My Thoughts:

This is a short novella with two prequel stories for the Alexa O'Brien Huntress serie
Kim Chappell
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
IbNancy
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read these to short stories after reading the first 4 books in the Alexa O'Brien series. I have to say I liked it much better than a couple of the books.
The one story explains her relationship with the Alpha wolf that saved her after her attack and changing her into a werewolf at 16, which then of course turned into love for her and another notch in his belt for him.
In the second book she is able to move out of the Alpha's house and keep away from him physically ..... although it doesn't menti
Katie
This read a bit like a typical urban fantasy. There are vampires and werewolves, a mysterious and dangerous vampire who seems to be potential love interest, and a werewolf who thinks he's a big bad wolf.

Men with ego problems, it sounds like. Arys, the dangerous vampire, meets Alexa (our MC werewolf) when she's out one night trying to take out some vampires. She makes a mistake and ends up caught with no easy way to escape, that is until Arys comes into the scene.

In the second chapter, Alexa is a
Dora-lee
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed this book I finished and was SCRAMBLING to the store for MORE MORE MORE lol. How exciting the twists and turns the struggle for which way to go was an incredible popcorn popping eyes watering while crossing to NOT MISS a thing . So much for sleeping though I did crash when I finished to DREAM about sexy wolves and stunning vampires ohhhhhh how could you do this to a poor defenceless woman .
May I say how much I happened to GROWL when ever Raoul's name came up (was like the good ole
Sadie Forsythe
I'd have to say that this is better that Huntress but not as good as Once Bitten (the only books in the series I've read so far). I actually think the writing is better than in either of the other two, but being only a short story of two people (er...a werewolf and a vampire) meeting, it leaves quite a bit to the imagination. It was fun to see Alexa and Arys meet. He drops quite a few more hints that it may not be all coincidence than in the book. All in all it was a fun little addition to the s ...more
Adrian
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this short story after reading the first book of the series.
Alexa was born with natural ability to manipulate energy. In her teens, she and her family were attacked by a werewolf. Her family was killed and she was left to die. She lived and became a werewolf due to the attack. Raoul, the local pack leader, took Alexa in. He is quite a few years older than Alexa. This short story didn't make me like Raoul any more than I did in Once Bitten, book 1 of the series.
We also got to read about A
The BookWhisperer
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Stunner is a much anticipated thrill ride. This short prequel shed some light into this debuting series. Jeaniene Frost has always been my comparison to strong female heroine leads, but her novels are much more than that when you include the romance and protective nature of hunky men. Stunner has previewed that series strongly follows those same characteristics, and I couldn't be more excited. Stunner is a very short prequel, but it gives enough attention to grasp the reader’s attention and dema ...more
Carrie
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: calibre-library, 2016
This was a very short and quick read, set in and introducing us to the world of Alexa O'Brien. She's clearly a gifted girl - she's a werewolf who can manipulate energy like the vampires of this world. Her emotions are all over the place, being drawn to the alpha of her pack but knowing it's not right, fighting with a vampire but feeling a bit like a scaredy cat. All of these things end up bubbling up while she decompresses back at the pack house.

The story did it's job - I'll check out the serie
T.
May 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My copy of Stunner, also included another (very) short story. While the writing was comparable to the first book of this series, Once Bitten, I didn't find either of these stories added anything much to the plot line. All of this was explained in Book 1, and going back for the fill-in didn't add anything to my appreciation of the series. Stunner was free on Amazon, so no loss- but not a biggie if you skip it, either.
Meigan
Nice introduction to the characters, the different supernatural creatures, and the world they share. We get a small glimpse of how some of the characters interact with one another and you can sort of see who will become allies and who will become enemies. Arys is an interesting one, he seems to have some attraction to Alexa and I am interested enough to move on to the first book in the series just to see how that plays out.
Crystal Simpson
this short story didn't really give you any new information from the start of the other stories. if anything it just feels like the first couple of chapters that didn't make the cut from the series and for good reason they were not crucial to the story and were boring. I am glad that I didn't read this before the series because I was second guessing alexa's strong independance through this short story. I am glad the series portrays her as a bit more fiery and less broken than this short story.
Kipi
Jul 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013, e-books
If the rapey parts were not there or if they were, at least, aknowledged as rapey, I might really like this book. This is a collection of short stories I got for free on Amazon, and I think I'll check the first "real book" out too! The "mandatory sex scene" left me rolling my eyes a bit though, but I guess in UF books its kind of a given...
2,5 stars, because its a bit better than the 2 star books I've rated, but not nearly as good as some of the 3 star books.
Monica
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Alexa, huntress of wayward supernaturals, is adapting to life as a werewolf with extra supernatural powers. In these two short stories, we learn some of her history and how her environment is set.

A somewhat darkly and mysterious narrative guides the reader through these tales and interactions between characters. Characters are authentic, for the reality, detailed, and develop as the tales progress.

Overall, an interesting read.
Leslie
This prequel to the Alexa O'Brien series is basically a bundle of short stories giving tidbits of Alexa's life. It gives us an intro into her relationships/lack thereof with the different males in her life. It doesn't really give you anything spectacular. You don't really need to read this book to understand the main series. It's like an appetizer to the main course.
Jenny Miller
This was an incredibly short snippet prequel, and I don't recall it mentioning anyone named Arys. I think this must be a newer version? Anyway - sounds like it could be interesting but this didn't give me much to go on at all, and the other 'prequel' isn't available for download so I have no idea what else I've missed.
Nereid
Mar 24, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Short and sweet these two stories offer a prelude to the first book in this series. Having read "Once Bitten" first I can appreciate this book as it gives me more of an insight into Alexa and what motivates her, enticing you in to read the next chapter. I would definitely recommend reading this first before you start the series.
MsBDiamondDiva1
I think that I will start reading the next story in this series as soon as I can download it :-) I really want to know how Alex is going to get over her heartache and move on with her life. I do love the intro of Arys, I do think he will bring on the drama and everything is so much better with drama :-) Well at least with books it is :-)

• Sunrise at Sunset (Sunset Vampire #1)
  • Foreplay (Succubus Diaries, #0.5)
  • The Taste of Magic
  • Enslaved in Shadows (Shadow Unit, #1)
  • Bound to Night (Sisters of the Moon, #1)
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
  • Tranquility (Otherkin, #2)
  • Before The Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves, #1)
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • Unafraid (The Forbidden Bond, #0.5)
  • Wicked Werewolf Night (Werewolf Society, #1)
  • Rising Dawn (The Jessica Dawn Series, #1)
  • The Vampire's Warden (Undead in Brown County, #1)
  • The Werewolf Whisperer (Vampire Love Story, #2)
  • The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1)
  • Heart of Darkness
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life #1)
  • Reapers (The Druid Series #1)
I am the author of the Alexa O’Brien Huntress and the Rebel Heart series. I write urban fantasy that is dark and gritty with a twist of romance and horror but which is ultimately about people in dark places discovering who they are and what they’re made of.

I’ve been writing since the age of 9 when I had a Christmas themed short story published in the local town paper. A lover of rock music, vampir

Alexa O'Brien, Huntress (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Once Bitten (Alexa O’Brien, Huntress, #1)
  • The Wicked Kiss (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #2)
  • Only Vampires Cry Blood (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #3)
  • Blonde & Blue (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #4)
  • Death Wish (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #5)
  • Darker (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #6)
  • Freak Show (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #7)
  • September Moon (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #8)
  • Forget About Midnight (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress #9)
  • Crazy Bitch (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #10)