Start by marking “Zombies, Run!: The Way of All Flesh” as Want to Read:
Zombies, Run!: The Way of All Flesh

Zombies, Run!: The Way of All Flesh

It's barely a few months since the shambling dead began to rise.

Now nine people are trapped together in an English country house by the zombie horde outside. There's a journalist, a student, a professor, a surgeon, a housekeeper, a math teacher, a bank clerk, a taciturn Scotswoman, and a celebrity actor. They are strangers to each other. There would be no reason for any of
Audible Audio
Published August 8th 2016 by Audible Original

To ask other readers questions about Zombies, Run!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombies, Run!

Start your review of Zombies, Run!: The Way of All Flesh
Esme Stevenson
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nothing like a murder mystery in the midst of a zombie apocalypse.
Kitvaria Sarene
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was nice as an extension of the story told in the Zombies Run game.
I really love the app, and therefore enjoyed this story quite a bit, but I am sure that if I wasn't a fan of the world and characters before, I'd have found this one a bit lacking.
You can easily understand it without knowledge of the app, but the murder mystery wasn't enough of a puzzle to work through to work like "Columbo" for example, and the zombie side of the story was so little it doesn't work too well as fantasy
Danielle
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. It was nice hearing from these characters and the story was engrossing and well written. It was super well acted and as always with the Zombies Run products (from apps to races, other things) made me excited to hit the road again and hear more of this world.
undertherowantree
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alayna
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carola
I absolutely love the Zombies, Run! app. To me it's one of the most perfect pieces of media: immersive, motivating (it gets me running, so good job), and the world & story building is interesting. Amazing characters. Plot twists. I love it.

The Way of All Flesh is a tie-in audio book... although it's not so much an audio book as it is a podcast/audio drama. No narrator, just on point voice acting. All the more reason for me to love it tbh. Plotwise it's a pretty decent murder mystery, but
Pamela Scott

Zombies, Run! The Way of All Flesh was a fun listen, not great but not terrible either.

I enjoyed the premise, a group of apparent strangers end up seeking refuge during the zombie apocalypse and discover they are in the company of a murderer.

The episodes contain a range of special effects that pull you into the story. The narrators were good for the most part, though some the characters were a bit over-the-top and cheesy.

I enjoyed the audiobook a lot
Neon Snake
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
So good.

(I don't know if this works if you haven't already finished, say, a season or so of Zombies, Run!)

Six episodes, full voice acting, by the wonderful Naomi Alderman. Old-school murder mystery in big rich mansion - what's not to like?
Carol
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Considering the fact that I used the app this is based on to go from couch to 5km I really enjoyed this. That said, I think you would need to have some idea of the story from the app to get the most out of this zompocalypse murder mystery.
InkFire
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this audio production a 7/5 stars, I would! This is an amazing story. The pacing is good, the inside jokes are good, the characters are vivid and real - this seems like a thing that could actually have happened, and that's fantastic. I LOVE IT.
Tessie
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect supplement to the Zombies, Run! app storyline! So entertaining!
Frances
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
I did not really like this , seemed very trivial
Wulfwyn
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, zbooks, horror, comedy
I enjoyed this take from the zombie genre. I liked how there were several narrators. It gave it a real feel. I have a affection for black humor so I found parts of it funny. Id like to hear more. ...more
Željko Filipin
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting story about a murder mystery during zombie apocalypse.
Erin
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereads
I listened to this way back when it first came out, and decided I needed a relisten. It's even better the second time around, especially now that I'm re-meeting some of these characters in the game.
Wendi Kavanaugh
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, audiobook
Such a great little story to listen to while working from home!
Johanna
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
A good ole murder mystery set in the middle of a zombie apocalypse 💀 ...more
Barry Raifsnider
Actual rating: 3.5 stars. There were a lot of characters and I couldn't tell some of them apart some of the time. I also had some issues with part's of the queer characters stories. (view spoiler) ...more
Katrina White
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this. Brilliant. Love a good twist at the best of times never mind one that combines my two favourite genres crime and zombies. Brilliant.
Tom
Jenna
Dec 31, 2016
Jess
Mar 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Locked room murder mystery complete with a colorful cast of characters...and the ever looming threat of the undead. You'll not need to have played Zombies, Run! at all to follow along, but it just adds to the enjoyment when you recognize a few voices from Abel Township.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Six Degrees of Assassination
  • Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow
  • Escape From Jonestown
  • The Temp
  • Alien: Out of the Shadows (Canonical Alien Trilogy, #1)
  • Countdown to Peace
  • Slaving Away: Series 1
  • Slaving Away: Series 2
  • Alien: Sea of Sorrows (Canonical Alien trilogy, #2)
  • The Jester (The Riyria Chronicles #2.5)
  • A Grown-Up Guide to Dinosaurs
  • Blood On Satan's Claw
  • The Zeta Family
  • So Long, Lollipops (Until the End of the World, #1.5)
  • The Owl Field
  • The Ricky Gervais Guide To...
Naomi Alderman (born 1974 in London) is a British author and novelist.

Alderman was educated at South Hampstead High School and Lincoln College, Oxford where she read Philosophy, Politics and Economics. She then went on to study creative writing at the University of East Anglia before becoming a novelist.
She was the lead writer for Perplex City, an Alternate reality game, at Mind Candy from 2004