Start by marking “Dazed and Divorced (Rom-Com on the Edge #1)” as Want to Read:
Dazed and Divorced (Rom-Com on the Edge #1)

Dazed and Divorced

(Rom-Com on the Edge #1)

It’s been almost twenty years since Claire met her ex in high school, and now she finds herself thrust into the dating world for the first time as an adult, armed with little more than confusion and lack of experience. Not only is Ron the only man she’s ever been with, she’s also coping with the loss of her fertility, and if she goes on one more hideous blind date – possib ...more
Published October 24th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Dazed and Divorced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dazed and Divorced

Start your review of Dazed and Divorced (Rom-Com on the Edge #1)
Coco.V
Apr 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/14/2020)! 🎁
Jeanna Smith
Jun 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
I can't say I enjoyed this read. I just wanted it to be over. I didn't like any of the characters. The two main characters Claire and Ron are so unlikable and I just couldn't relate to them as people. Now I've read some of the reviews and some people said they are so real. God I hope not! Claire is so clueless for someone that is in her 30's. Yes she went through something terrible. Not being able to have kids when you want them is devastating but she still acts like she's in high school. Yes sh ...more
Becky
May 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: avoid-authors
Main characters were incredibly annoying. Entire book was incredibly annoying. I will not be reading this author again.
Cindy
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily received a copy from the author. This does not affect the contents of my review, or my opinion.

"I know this looks bad, but I am not drunk and sitting on the floor in front of the refrigerator, at my best friend's house, in front of her little girl." -Claire, Chapter one.

This is how the protagonist is introduced in the first chapter. No, she's not drunk because she isn't drinking alcohol. Claire isn't drunk because her friend Jane doesn't make her Pina Coladas (also known as: happ
Lonna Cottrell-Thompson
This story oscillates between the first person accounts of two separated people, Claire and Ron. I found this literary maneuver and the plot (minus the ending) interesting, but many other aspects prevent me from gives this book a four star rating.

Any rom-com needs to be funny most of the time. Not hilarious, just laterally funny. The plot was fine and so was the characterization, but I didn't find this book to possess adequate laughing opportunities. The only time I was amused was the scene conc
Teresa Kander
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I absolutely adore this series, and this prequel is no exception. This story tells us the story of Claire right after her divorce from her childhood sweetheart, Ron. She suffers through dates set up by her well-meaning friends and neighbors and becomes a dog mom to an adorable yet destructive dachshund puppy.

We also get to know Ron fairly well in this story. He has realized he messed up his relationship with Claire, and wants to try to fix things between them. His plans are complicated by Stacy
Janet Graham
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Culture Shock of the Newly Single!
This is a very funny but true novel about a newly single woman. I laughed to tears at some parts. However, most of the book was also painful because I have been there and done that. Needless to say, the characters and plot were very realistic. The conflicting emotions and resulting craziness were also life-like. In spite of experiencing the pain again, I definitely recommend reading this book. It is funny, painful and inspirational. I would like to read more
Debbi Perman
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I wanted to scream "grow up" while reading this whole book. Dependent female who craves independence but just keeps talking herself back to its clutches. "Grow up Claire!" Male who wants to dominate his exes thoughts, all the time being deceiving to gain what he wants. "Grow up Ron." Unfortunately, this story was probably based on some true life situations.
Jessica Berry
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This book gets a strong 3 stars from me. I liked it, but i didn't love it. Claire and Ron are a married couple, going through a separation that has lasted for almost a year. Ron has stalled signing the divorce papers, and Claire has delayed dating anyone that hasn't been forced upon her by family and friends. It's a chick lit comedy, told from both Claire and Ron's perspectives.

What worked:
The dialogue. The author did a great job writing realistic dialogue. Sometimes you read a book and you're
Saigon
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Goth Gone Grey
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2019
Lacking both comedy and romance

Calling something a laugh out loud comedy is setting the bar high before the cover is even open. Most books don't cross that bar, and this is unfortunately no exception.

The book opens with Claire being set up in a blind date, drinking "happy juice". The POV shifts a few times, primarily Claire and Ron, her husband. A bit from his often self-righteous point of view:

"I’m sure Claire has spent most of the day thinking about my offer, and what a nice guy I’ve become.
Christine
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not a favorite

It was okay for the most part, however I don't enjoy books that go back and forth between characters. Its hard to get into the story when all of a sudden your thrust into the other characters POV. Also I felt a bit like there were some questionable parts that seemed homophobic. I usually pick books I can relate to the author but with this little things were too annoying to let pass. Constantly saying how someone could be gay or the main character even thinking about going back with
J Young
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Moving on?

Claire and Ron have been getting divorced for the six months now but Ron still has not signed the papers and Claire is finding it hard to enter the dating scene. The men her friends set her up with are comical nightmares and the church speed dating night was a disaster. Ron is having only slightly better luck, but he would rather get back together with his wife.

This book has humor but the situations are also sad. I felt sorry for the couple but it was obvious that there could be no re
Krystyna
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Two mis-matched people who are afraid of the new

Not for me. Found the whole thing slightly forced and unreal. Some of the situations where amusing but all in all this isn't something I would read again. A pending divorce and two people who have been together for over 20 years but still know nothing about the deep emotions of the other.
I got this in a giveaway.
Carole Mckee
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Great Story

This page turner is one of those books that is so realistic a reader can believe that it's a true story. Some parts are so hilarious that I laughed out loud. Anyone who has tried the dating pools after a divorce can relate to some of the situations in this story. It's a fun read, but if you are divorced, it's simply "crying-out-loud" funny. Loved it.
Rachel Abarca-Contreras
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Beach Read

This would make a great book for the beach. I read it during my toddler and infant’s common nap time and bed time, and still enjoyed it. There were many laugh out loud moments, but I feel like the climax was too close to the end. The structure of the story was unique with the varying perspective narration, which was attention-keeping.
Pat M
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this rom com. Together with the same manipulative man since they were 16, Claire and Ron have been separated for a year. They have argued over many issues within that year but have they solved any of them or do they just keep playing the same old same old over and over? Read their story and find out.
sheila
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Oh

I think this is a terrible story. Few funny things happen and Ron is a complete .....insert your favorite... He wants his wife back but is doing other women, looking up Russian women to .... Something. And women on his ups route. I can't even finish this. It makes me sad
Debra
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Dazed &Divorced

This is the first book in this series. It's her ability to move forward from the divorce. She has many dating disasters and her ex husband has decided that he wants her back. It is just the beginning of her adventures in dating.
Michele
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk About the Proverbial Edge...

Laugh out loud, funny. So true to life. I was secretly hoping... I am unable to say without spoiling. Looking forward to more reads by Carol Maloney Scott!!
Barbara George
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
That's life...and love

Claire has had her world turned upside down when she discovers shell never be the mother she planned to be. Ron her husband has to find his fit now. Their marriage is in trouble. Both test out their changing selves in hilarious fashion.
Carol
Jun 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Gloria Markus
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Disappointing, but the dog is adorable

Parts of this book are funny, but overall it is too choppy and has a distracted feel to it. The title hinted at something more fun. The book had a decidedly distracted feel to it and just did not entertain.
Lorraine
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
The good news is I finished the book. Some parts were funny. Some parts I wanted to slap Claire silly. Just wanted her to make a decision and stick with it. I doubt I'll read the other books in the series.
Cathy
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had to stay up and finish this book to find out what happened between Clare and Ron. I was delighted to see that everything worked out for the best!

I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway.
Lisa
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Short and entertaining

I'm not a huge fan of switching back and forth between character perspectives, but the story is relatable and Claire is likable.
April Duplanti
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Exes And ohs

For a prequel, this book was super hard to get into. There were some funny scenes with the blind dates and the dog.
Kayla
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute story. I will continue the series.
Jackie
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable story of second chance romance. Claire hasn’t really been in the dating world since High School. Not an easy place to be in. Totally enjoyable.
Pam
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dazed and divorced

A great read lots of laughs well interpreted could of carried on for more of the story thank you x

• What Happens in New York: Two friends. One life-changing vacation.
  • Talk to Me
  • Lovestruck (Lucky in Love, #3)
  • More Than Just Mum
  • Some Call It Love
  • Flirty Thirty (Nerdy Thirties. #1)
  • Best Friends & Other Liars
  • Breakup Boot Camp
  • The Extra (The Extra Series, #1)
  • A Tangled Summer (The Summerstoke Trilogy)
  • Head Over High Heels
  • Escape to Indigo Bay: Four Sweet Beach Reads (Indigo Bay Sweet Romance Series, #2, 4, 6.4, 11)
  • Dear Rosie Hughes
  • Just the Way You Are: Love and Family Life in a Seaside Town (Dunlin Shores Book 1)
  • Always Room for Cupcakes (Cupcakes, #1)
  • The Beach Wedding (Married in Malibu, #1)
  • Home on Seashell Island (Seashell Island Series Book 1)
  • Building Fences (Cedar Creek Families Book 1)

Carol Maloney Scott is a frazzled wife, mom, and wiener dog fanatic. She is a lover of donuts, and a hater of mornings. Now that she has unearthed a childhood passion for writing, she can once again be seen carrying around a notebook and staring into space. Her stories are witty, fresh and real, just like life.

Rom-Com on the Edge (5 books)
  • There Are No Men (Rom-Com on the Edge #2)
  • Afraid of Her Shadow (Rom-Com on the Edge #2)
  • The Juggling Act (Rom-Com on the Edge #3)
  • Accidental Makeovers (Rom-Com on the Edge #5)

News & Interviews

“all the older single men she meets want Victoria’s Secret models, but look like walking advertisements for beer and pork rinds.” 0 likes