Start by marking “White Lake” as Want to Read:
White Lake

White Lake

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  65 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Cynthia Lewis was living a predictable life in suburbia. Big house, daughter in college, son in his last year of high school, career as a nurse at the local hospital, and a successful husband. Life was good. She and her husband Philip were so close ... she knew him so well ... or did she?

After many years of marriage, Cynthia is encountering a doubt all women may have cons
Paperback
Published October 15th 2016 by Warren Publishing, Inc

To ask other readers questions about White Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Lake

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of White Lake
Your Favorite Book Corner Blog
White Lake is a story of love, loss, and life after it all. What every woman wants in life is to love and be loved. This story is just that. Cynthia is a nurse who lives her usual life of work and family. She and her husband, Philip, visit an island and decide to move there. But that is when her life starts to fall apart. The day she moves in, she finds that she may not know the man she is married to, she is there alone, and she has to learn to survive her life on her own. Cynthia's best friend, ...more
Clara McAtee
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book brought me out of my stagnant non-reading coma!!! Such a deeply connected work of art based in my hometown of Saint Simon's Island & Jekyll Island. A beautifully written tale of Mid-Life and the many emotions we face as aging Women. The characters are creatively crafted to make you feel you know them in real Life....and can't wait to see them again.....(or await with baited breath for the sequel!!!!) This Author definitely kept us waiting too long to get our hands on her work...... ...more
Sue Marshall
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished rereading Susan Amond Todd's premier novel, White Lake. Having recently visited the predominant location in the story (Jekyll and Saint Simon's Islands, GA), I feel that Todd has seamlessly woven the interesting history of this area into her storyline. Her characters and plot development are realistic and relatable, but with intriguing and unforeseen twists and turns. I can't wait to see how Todd continues Cynthia's metamorphosis in her upcoming sequel, Return Home.
margaret patterson
So enjoyed reading this. Looking forward to the next one

So enjoyed reading this and am looking forward to the next one. Was very captivating and kept me going. We know you Ian personally!!!!!
Georgine
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Was glad I bought this book. It had it's sad moments, but it was a very good and realistic story. Can not wait for the sequel to come out.
Would recommend this book.
Rose Anderson
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read by a local author. Interesting characters. Looking forward to reading the sequel.
Claudia
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The story line was okay; kept my interest. But I didn't think the title had much to do it's the story. I kept thinking something really big was going to bring the title into the action.
Myndie Mcfarland
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing must read book:)
Debbie Leverance
I just finished reading White Lake, and I just loved it. I'm not a big reader, but it kept my interest all the way to the end. I can't wait for the next one to come out!!!
Cathy Pearce
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely summer read

So enjoyed this book by a new author. Hoping for many more! Well done Sue. You owe us a sequel please?
Monique
Tina Casillas
May 08, 2018
Elizabeth
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
White lake was a very enjoyable read. The story catches your attention and keeps you wanting to read more. Susan Amond Todd writes about every day experiences, however she does so in a manner to make them feel real and interesting. I felt like the characters were very relatable- as if they could be friends or family of mine. As the story progresses, I felt like I could understand and identify with the decisions the characters made, especially Cynthia. Cynthia grows though out the story and I fee ...more
Christina
« previous 1 3 next »

• Window on the Bay
  • A Life Without Water
  • A Stranger on the Beach
  • Rosemary and Crime (Spice Shop Mystery #1)
  • And Then They Were Doomed
  • Hot Shot (The Men Of The Sisterhood Book 5)
  • Cut and Run
  • Blessing in Disguise
  • Christmas Cocoa Murder
  • Secrets in Summer
  • Every Breath
  • The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Poinsettia Puzzle (The Darling Dahlias, #8)
  • Pride, Prejudice and Poison (A Jane Austen Society Mystery, #1)
  • Mr. Doodle and the Flying Emu
  • Spirit of the Season
  • The Bodies in the Library (First Edition Library Mystery, #1)
  • A Legacy of Murder (Kate Hamilton Mysteries, #2)
Susan Amond Todd has lived in North Carolina for the past 30 plus years but was born and raised in Neenah,WI. She is married with two grown daughters and grandmother to one little boy.

Her career has been spent raising her daughters and in banking.

As a young person she enjoyed writing short stories and poetry thinking maybe someday she would pursue more. White Lake is her fi