Start by marking “Little Girl Lost (DI Robyn Carter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Little Girl Lost (DI Robyn Carter, #1)

Little Girl Lost

(DI Robyn Carter #1)

A teacher goes missing under suspicious circumstances.
A millionaire is murdered at a local reservoir.
Published January 19th 2017 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Little Girl Lost, please sign up.
Asteropê Did you have a physical copy or an ebook?
This is the very last sentence of the book - does your copy have it? -
"She would look out for her. After…more
Did you have a physical copy or an ebook?
This is the very last sentence of the book - does your copy have it? -
"She would look out for her. After all, that’s what family did." (less)

Deanna
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

This is the first novel I have read from Caroly Wyer and I thought it was a pretty good read. With so many characters and so much going on in this novel, I will try my best with this review.

As the book begins 9-year-old Alice is upset because she doesn't want her mummy to go out that evening. Her mother tells her to be a big girl. But Alice has her reasons for being nervous.

"It was going to happen again - even though he wasn
Sue
LITTLE GIRL LOST (DI Robyn Carter #1), is the start of an excellent new psychological thriller series by author Carol Wyer. This is the first novel I have read by this author, and now she is on my radar. I loved it, and I should have known, it is from my favorite publisher, Bookouture.

“A perfect family hiding disturbing secrets. A killer who wants the truth to be told.”

A teacher (Lucas Matthews) goes missing and a millionaire (Paul Matthews) is murdered while out jogging at a local reservoir.
Linda Strong
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good book, I hardly know where to start. This was like a merry - go - round .. up and down, around and around.

Detective Robyn Carter has just returned to work following a bereavement leave of absence. A teacher goes missing and a man is murdered while on a run. There is no connection between these two deaths, but that soon changes.

Abigail is happily married, with a new baby. But Abigail has secrets .. and those secrets are haunting her. Someone knows who she is .. and what she's
Brenda
Apr 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 9-dnf
When it becomes drudgery to pick up the book I’m reading, it’s time to quit. It’s taken me five days to get just over halfway through. I do believe there’s a good story inside the covers of this book, but it’s so bogged down in insignificant details!

Take page 139, for example, when a main character was ill, and a friend of a friend visited. “She stooped to bend into her car and pulled out a large bouquet of flowers exploding with colour; sunflowers with their vibrant golden petals and radiant, s
Kendall
May 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
Ugh.... what a disappointment. I did NOT enjoy this book.

Wow... super predictable and ridiculously slow. I honestly should have abandoned this one but it's been sitting on my kindle for so long that I felt I needed to finish. This book was 409 pages and you could have cut it in half and made this a book.

I did not connect with any of the characters and the title states "a gripping thriller that will have you hooked". Yeah hooked with boredom.

I think I'm going to stop reading new series and sti
Sean Peters
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Bookouture, Carol Wyer and Netgalley, for a ARC digital copy; it was my pleasure to write an honest review on the nail biting, gripping and tense thriller.

Bookouture you have found a great author here, I loved this book.

Another great female Detective Inspector character that I will have to follow.

Carolyn
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Detective Robyn Carter is returning to work after bereavement leave following the death of her husband and unborn child. While on leave she has been helping out a friend who is a private investigator and her last case involved looking for a man reported missing by his wife. When his disappearance starts to look suspicious and a sudden death appears linked it becomes her first case back in her police job.

Abigail Thorne is a seemingly happily married mother of a gorgeous baby girl but she has sec
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
The promotional material promised 'a gripping thriller that will have you hooked.' I didn't find Little Girl Lost thrilling, and I definitely wasn't hooked. In fact it has, for me, taken an inordinately long time (5 days) to read because I just could not feel any involvement with either the characters or the plot. It was quite a flat read. If anything, I felt it was all slightly 'overdone' and the writing was quite laboured and superficial in places.

I didn't have any real trouble with the time-l
sue

I discovered a new author when I read book 3, I hadn't realised there were prior ones, so the last couple of days I went back on them

So this is book 1
I absolutely loved it.

Lots going on in this book, not confusing, but so much is going on in my mind that I don't know where to start, its all good.

Alice is the little girl in this story, shes worried because her mother is getting ready to go out, she feels something is not right, she asks again, are you going out.
Her dad has only been gone for a
Louise Wilson
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Detective Robyn Carter series. Book 1.

I struggled to get through the prologue as it is quite graphic. Plus I don't like reading explicit details.

Ignoring what I have written above this is quite a good book. We are introduced to Detective Robyn Carter who is returning to work after the death of her husband. Her first case is to find a missing person. Then, well I'm afraid you will have to read the book to find out as I would give away too many spoilers.

There is a lot of red herrings along the way
Lee
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and although it is a difficult and sensitive topic to write about and I felt the author did an excellent job. A teacher disappears, a millionaire is murdered and this sets the pace for a very interesting journey. Detective Robyn Carter is returning to the police force after a break away for personal reasons. She starts looking into this case just before she returns while she is working for her brother-in-law's private investigation agency. This b ...more
Liz
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley

This one starts off in a confusing manner. Each chapter throws a different character at you and I, for one, was getting lost. But once I got all the players straightened out, I found the story engrossing. The subject matter is very dark though, revolving around pedophilia which could put some readers off.

Robyn is the DI investigating the case of a missing husband. She has recently returned to the force after the death of her fiancé and the loss of her unborn child. She is an interesting charact
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
Finally, my first 5 star review for 2017 is here! It took 6 books for it to happen, but it did! Detective Inspector Robyn Carter is returning to the police force after the death of her husband, and her first case lands her with a missing person's claim. Lucas Matthews has gone missing, and his wife is worried. As she starts her investigation, another man turns up dead, and the people nearest to Lucas start dying, too. Robyn Begins to think they are connected, but can't immediately figure out how ...more
Amy
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

I’ve read Wyer’s romantic comedies in the past and really enjoyed them so when I heard she was delving into the world of thrillers I was totally interested. Would the same author who wrote such heartwarming and fun books deliver a chilling and compelling thriller? Yes, yes she would. I was blown away by Little Girl Lost and am now in complete awe of the talented Carol Wyer.

Robyn Carter used to be a detective and now works as a PI with her cou
Emma
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is one of those crime books that has some good moments but has no lasting impact. In fact, though I read the whole thing on a plane ride home from LA just two days ago, when I opened my laptop to write the review today, I had to remind myself of the specifics of the story. It's entirely forgettable.

Arc via Netgalley.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 3 STARS
2017; Bookouture
(Review Not On Blog)

Little Girl Lost, is the first book in the DI Robyn Carter series. As the novel opens up, Robyn is just returning back to the police force. I really liked Robyn and all the other characters in this book. The reason I only gave it a three was that the alternating chapters was not my favourite for this storyline, and it could be confusing at times. I am going to stick with it for book two.

***I received an eARC from NETGALLEY***
Nicki
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
WARNING,this book contains subject matter that some readers might find upsetting.

To be honest this was a bit of a meh book for me,I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would when I read the synopsis.The book is well written and there was parts that I did like,I just wasn't hooked in by the story and actually stopped reading this for a few days,read another book and then returned to finish this one.

DI Robyn Carter has just returned back to work with the Staffordshire Police force after spendin
Renita D'Silva
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a book! I started reading it and couldn't stop - kept turning the pages and finished it in one sitting! I have read and enjoyed Carol Wyer's other books, so I was waiting eagerly to read this - her foray into crime fiction. And I am absolutely blown away. The story is fast paced and grabs you from the first page, not letting you go until the last and even after you have finished, the characters, their angst and their motivation for doing what they did stays with you. Amazing and unputd ...more
G.J.
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: thrillers
I was utterly sickened at an unexpected, very explicit section in the prologue of this book, and I was seriously tempted to stop reading,why on earth the author thought this was justified is beyond me!
However, not one to give up on a book easily I took a short break from it and continued. I still can’t decide if that was a good move or not. I would give too much away of the plot if I raised all issues I have with it, suffice to say, the subject of sexual child abuse is not a topic to be taken l
Adrian Dooley
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well well well, so this is Carol Wyers first attempt at writing a thriller. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't read it in her notes at the end of the novel. It read like a book that was written by someone who was an old hand at the genre. If this is what she accomplishes with her opening gambit then she is certainly one to keep an eye on.

I'm trying to think of a quick synopsis of the story but it's hard to do without revealing spoilers.
The story is told from different perspectives, both f
Chloe
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-series
Detective Robyn Carter is returning to work after a leave following the death of her husband and unborn child. During her break she was working as a PI for her cousin looking for a teacher named Lucas who was reported missing by his wife. Meanwhile Abigail Thorne is happily married mother to a baby girl but she has secrets which might threaten her marriage .

Little Girl Lost by Carol Wyer is a start of a new psychological thriller series.Alternating between Alice’s flashback from the past and pre
The Book Review Café
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All my reviews can be found at http://thebookreviewcafe.com

arol Wyer is better known for her light hearted novels but she has taken a bold step and moved to the “dark side”, and I for one was surprised at just how well she’s adapted to writing a Crime thriller. Little Girl Lost has all the hallmarks I look for in a crime thriller and then some. The first chapter made for a dark and disturbing read and this set the tone for the rest of this book. After reading Little Girl Lost I’m convinced Carol
Deanna
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
A tangle of timelines and POVs.

Too much abuse, including sexual and abuse of children, for me. I’m a fan of serious crime fiction and am accustomed to hits of horrific as needed to establish a crime and continued danger. But then we need to be on with solving, saving, and bringing to justice.

With this one I think we spend more time in the the land of victims and perpetrators than investigating. More emotional energy, development, and time are spent there. I didn’t feel the characters or work o
Ingstje
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This is my first time reading a book by Carol Wyer and if I didn’t know, nothing would have let me on that this is her first time writing a crime book, the plot was tight and the suspense was fantastic.

This is a book about revenge, loud and clear. We also know who wants revenge and why, the only thing we don’t know is where this person is hiding in the present day, but the chase is on!

The harrowing opener that lays the base for the book are the events happening one evening to 8 year old Alice wh
Best Crime Books & More
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well, well, well.....there is certainly more to Carol Wyer than the last release she has which was a romantic comedy. I LOVE this cover which is always a plus and the synopsis was pretty intriguing too. I started the book and found that the story was quite meaty and it didn't take long to get involved in the plot and various threads trailing. However the beginning of the book also reveals a dark scenario which took place clearly a few years ago and it adds to the disturbing feel of this book.

Rob
Book Addict Shaun
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that I am a huge Bookouture fan, even joking in the past about changing my blog name (when I still ran it) to Bookouture Addict Shaun as I have loved 99% of their books and their crime authors are some of the best out there. Unlike most others I wasn't surprised that an author that had previously written humorous, women's fiction stories could turn her hand to some of the darkest crime fiction that I've read. Robert Bryndza anyone? Most authors aren't just one-trick ponies and can ...more
Sam (Clues and Reviews)
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For all my reviews, check out Clues and Reviews

Detective Robyn Carter, returning to the police force after a series of personal tragedies, dives into several investigations; a husband has gone missing and a man turns up murdered. Once she begins her investigations, she sees a link between these men. As she digs deeper and deeper, her investigation leads her to housewife Abigail and her family. How is she connected to these victims and why is she receiving th
Zannie (darktwistybooks)
My review of Little Girl Lost by Carol Wyer

2017 has been a feast of 5-star books for me and Carol Wyer is at the top of my list. It was minutes between ending Little Girl Lost and beginning the next in the series, Secrets of the Dead.

Carol Wyer weaves a tale of hurt, pain, secrets, and changed identities. Abigail is the center of a whirlwind of activity. Missing people, dead people, and Abigail is being threatened. Creepy voiced phone calls, voices in her house, emails, texts... all that disappe
Joanne Robertson
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I saw that the second book in the Robyn Carter crime series was due out I have to give myself a kick up the backside as I still had the first book Little Girl Lost languishing in my TBR pile on my kindle. And so I knew I needed to catch up on it before book 2 came out. To be honest I had started to read it before but only got as far as the end of the prologue before I had to put it down. At the time I couldn’t cope with the very distressing scenes within those pages. But I had heard so many ...more
Kellie
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was chosen to read this book in exchange for an honest review of the book, courtesy of Netgalley.

I gave it 2.5 stars.

A teacher goes missing under suspicious circumstances.
A millionaire is murdered at a local reservoir.
For Detective Robyn Carter, there’s no obvious link between the men. But as she starts to delve into the cases, her investigations lead her to Abigail, perfect wife and mother to beautiful litt

• The Cross (Eddie Flynn #0.5)
  • Her Final Hour (Detective Gina Harte, #2)
  • No Love Lost
  • Dying Breath (Detective Lucy Harwin, #2)
  • Silent Victims (Prime Suspect, #3)
  • The Hunt
  • The Unquiet Grave (Damen Brook, #4)
  • The Silent Girls (Detective Anna Gwynne, #1)
  • Disappear
  • Behind Closed Doors
  • Deep Fear (DI Kelly Porter, #2)
  • Next to Die
  • Hurt (DS Lucy Black, #2)
  • First Drop (Charlie Fox, #4)
  • The Key to Death's Door
  • Broken Bones (D.I. Kim Stone, #7)
  • The Closet (Summerset Tales #1)
  • Gone Astray (DC Maggie Neville #1)
Carol E. Wyer, who also writes as Carol Wyer, is an award-winning author and stand up comedian who writes feel-good comedies and gripping thrillers.
Her book, Grumpy Old Menopause won The People's Book Prize Award for non-fiction 2015.
The DI Robyn Carter series has earned her acclaim as a crime writer and the first book in the series, Little Girl Lost, shot to the #2 best-selling spot on Kindle #9

DI Robyn Carter (5 books)
  • Secrets of the Dead (DI Robyn Carter, #2)
  • The Missing Girls (DI Robyn Carter, #3)
  • The Silent Children (DI Robyn Carter, #4)
  • The Chosen Ones (DI Robyn Carter, #5)
“Ross threw her a look. ‘Don’t you dare say anything. I have a marathon to run in a few weeks and I” 1 likes
“They are clearly talking about me. One of them is right. I don't want to be pretty. I don't want to look nice. I know what happens to pretty girls.” 0 likes