Start by marking “The Watcher (Crossing Realms Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Watcher (Crossing Realms Series, #2)

The Watcher

(Crossing Realms Series #2)

Hell bent on avenging his own death, former Keeper Dev Geary eagerly accepts when the Watchers task him with returning to the human realm to discover the secret for rendering Similitude—the very thing that killed him.

But to succeed in the seven days he’s been granted, he’ll need to work with the one human who wants nothing to do with him, and who he can’t help falling for—
Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about The Watcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Watcher

Carrie
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The Keepers are meant to help out humans whenever they can and often come to the rescue of those in danger when they receive transmissions from the Watchers from another realm. Humans have no memory of a Keeper when coming in contact with one but when not protecting humans the Keepers are normal hardworking members of society.

Keeper Dev Geary wants to avenge his own death so he eagerly accepts a task from the Watchers to return to the human realm to discover the secret for rendering Similitude,
Elaine
I had enjoyed reading the first novel in this series, 'The Keeper' and really looked forward to this sequel continuing this very different series. The idea of avenging his own untimely demise is what motivates former Keeper, Dev Geary, to agree to return to the human realm seeking the secret of how to create Similitude which was used by the Betrayers to kill him. He only has seven days in which to succeed. He re-connects with his friends who are now a couple then seeks Meda Gabriel, the human he ...more
Susan Hampson
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dev Geary was a former Keeper, a man who keeps humans safe without them ever knowing that they exist. Humans can see Keepers and interact with them but once they leave it is like the Keeper has been wiped from their minds. Now I said that Dev was a Keeper, the past tense, well he was killed by Similitude but the Watchers, more good guys, have granted him 7 days to discover the secret of the thing that killed him. He is certainly revved up and ready to go but, to accomplish his mission he must wo ...more
Aly
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second book in the Crossing Realms series. This series is shaping up well. I really enjoyed how these books flow smoothly together. Dev Geary is a great character and this book comes alive for me. I can't wait for the next book in the series! We know have a been idea of what the Keeper, Watcher and a Betrayer are now. There are all kinds of great characters in this book. I think this is an exciting series so far and I can't wait for more. * I received this book from the author-- ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review. This book kept me captivated a real pager turner! I have to say that Dev a former keeper is a risk taker so much that it got him killed. The watchers provided him the opportunity to return to the human realm to seek out the secret for rendering similitude by the betrayers. Dev has seven days to convince Meda a young woman who has the ability to read minds to work with him to complete his mission. I loved that this book has ...more
Jolie
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Watcher is the 2nd book in the Crossing Realms series. Told in 3rd person, this is Dev Greary’s story and oh boy was it a good one. Brought back from death, Dev has 7 days to convince Meda Gabriel, a woman with the power to read minds, to help Dev in his mission. He has to outwit Abel, Haenous’s son and now the leader of the Betrayers, while trying to figure out how to keep them from making more Similitude and keeping the Betrayers from destroying not only Earth but the realm that the Watche ...more
Lisa Book Shelf
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
From Net Gallley.
Ok =first you need to read the first book. This book was good but a little lost since I didnt read the first book. This book is about another Watcher coming back from the realm and working with a human. They find themselves healing each other and falling in love. But he has only 7 days on this realm.Can love survive.
Gwyn Plummer
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
More time with Dev! Neely has wowed me again!

I’m always up for a good romance, but I must admit, paranormal/fantasty/sci-fi are not my first choice. I always fear that I won’t be able to understand the alternate words and difficult names the stories usually have. I just don’t want to have to keep notes and reread to follow along. I took a chance and read The Keeper (the first in this series), and was so pleasantly surprised that I was all up for reading this one.

Good decision!

Dev is sent back to
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

This is a continuation of the story in “The Keeper”. Libby defeated Haenus of the Betrayers. Mount Verdant is safe and the Watcher’s Realm is healing itself slowly. This is Dev’s story. He was raised by Nick’s family after his parents died. They were devastated when Haenus killed him. He is now in the Watcher’s Realm. Without his help, Libby would have failed. His family didn’t know he lived in that Realm.

Dev was dissatisfied with his lot in life/death. He wanted to be back on Eart
BP34
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Crossing Realms Series and is the story of Dev Greary who is brought back to life. Dev goes back to earth to uncover the secret of the thing that killed him. He meets up with Meda who has a gift for reading minds and begs her to help him. With only seven days they must work fast. A good sci-fi with lots of action, suspense and romance. I received an arc and voluntarily chose to review this book.
InD'tale Magazine
Rebecca Neely has created an unusual new paranormal species.

Read full review in the 2017 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is the second book in the Crossing Realms series and I loved this!

Dev is a former keeper that has crossed over to another realm and has been given the opportunity to come back to the human realm on a mission to help destroy something known as Similitude, which is the very thing that killed him. Even though he's tempted to seek revenge for his death, there's much more important things to focus on and the future of the human race depends on his success.

I loved how intense everything was and
Whitney
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author and have chosen to review it. The Watcher is the second book in the Crossing Realms series and it features Dev Geary who you meet in the first book of the series The Keeper. I liked how this book takes place not longer after the ending of the first book and it continues with the same problems that they previously had. Also in this book not only do you get to see some new characters that you get to fall in love with you will also see some of the one’s that you pr ...more
P Leslie
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinion stated are solely my own and no one else's*

This was a great read and I really enjoyed it. It's fast paced, action packed, and full of surprises that will eagerly keep you flipping through the pages. I have to admit, I haven't read the first book and felt a little lost in beginning however, I got the general idea of what had transpired in the first book.
Kelly Ferrari
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading the first book in this series, "The Keeper" and was excited when the "The Watcher" came out. It was definitely another page-turner full of action and surprises to keep you intrigued until the very last page. I love the two new main characters in this book and their chemistry. You gotta love a man out to seek venengace for his death.
Karen
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the second book of the series and it is very good. This is a sci-fi/romance with touches of Native American Mythology. I think to fully appreciate this well-written storyline Book 1, The Keeper should be read first. The characters are developed and relatable. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
C bond
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
via netgalley

fantastic read.
Tami
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy

Definitely need to read the series in order. Fast paced and action packed PNR. The author made some good strong characters for her book.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Watcher is the second book in the Crossing Realms series, and focuses on Dev Geary, who actually died in the first book! I would say that it is definitely important to read this as a serial, rather than a series of standalones. This does not standalone, and even though I have read book 1, it still took me a while to remember what had gone on and with whom in The Keeper.

It is action-packed, full of new characters that have a story to tell. Dev has a job to do, and only a limited amount of tim
Carol Doucette
Vdubs
Feb 22, 2019
Britton Summers
Mar 08, 2019
Raised on a down home blend of Johnny Cash, Jack London, Sherlock Holmes, the Steelers, and all things small town, Rebecca feels blessed to have grown up in a close knit, fun loving and artistic family. Her mother, a voracious reader and scratch cook, and her father, an entrepreneur, English teacher and lover of literature, taught Rebecca and her brother to work hard, aim for the stars, and live l ...more

Crossing Realms Series (3 books)
  • The Keeper (Crossing Realms Series, #1)
  • The Betrayer (Crossing Realms Series, #3)