Start by marking “The Wolf of Allendale” as Want to Read:
The Wolf of Allendale

The Wolf of Allendale

The fates of two wise men from the same village living in different time periods are connected by one mythical creature—and forces they cannot control—in this compelling supernatural tale that imaginatively retells the historical legend of the Wolf of Allendale.

In a Druid village in Northumberland, England, Bran, the village leader, must face two dangerous oppo
Published January 17th 2017 by HarperLegend

To ask other readers questions about The Wolf of Allendale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wolf of Allendale

Therese
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am surprised more people haven't read this, it was quite good! I liked how it went back and forth between more ancient times when the Romans were invading and the end of the 19th-century. The two main characters of Barn and Bert were well-written and I could picture both time periods very well. I read it at night, which I highly recommend, it made the wolf spirit or "shadow walker" much more spooky! This would be good for people who like mythology, folklore, or Celtic tales. It was fun!
Alex Andrasik
Good read. A little slow-moving at times--I feel like I must have read a different, longer edition, because I can't believe it took me a week to get through a 112-page novella--but enjoyable even through the lugubrious pace.

Parallel narratives present struggles with the same demonic entity thousands of years apart. In ancient Celtic Britain, powerful Druid Bran must contend with the wolf-like creature while also shepherding his people through the first hints of change brought by Roman invaders.
shelagh milbourne
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderful ghostly story set around Glendale

Just had read this story because it's set in Glendale local to me I love the folk lore and once I started reading it was hard to put down would recommend anyone to read it
Sharie
Anna
Apr 04, 2017
John Fulton
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Wolf of Allendale cleverly weaves two time periods: Bran is a Druid in the time of the Roman invasions, a period of great upheaval; Bert is a shepherd in a world on the edge of modernity, a time of even greater change. Both men are rooted deeply in the soil and traditions of the land, and both men have to draw on their stores of ancient knowledge to face the supernatural darkness that threatens their communities.

The cycles of the seasons, the cycles of life and death, the cycles
Michael
Apr 05, 2017
Fox
Apr 17, 2017
May 22, 2017
I write fiction and non-fiction in between milking sheep on a dairy sheep farm in Warwickshire, England. Somehow they always seem to help me come up with ideas!
I love history, the paranormal and metaphysical and anything else which is weird, which form the main themes of my work.
My novel The Story of Light was published in 2014 by Moon Books, and The Wolf of Allendale was published in January 20