Start by marking “Dark Fragments” as Want to Read:
Dark Fragments

Dark Fragments

Dark Fragments: an edge of your seat thriller from the best-selling author of The Enemy Series

Murder. Money. Revenge.

Outwardly, Ben Stephens appears to be a normal, hard-working family man. In reality, his life has been in turmoil since the murder of his wife, Alice, seven years ago. The killer was never caught.

Now re-married - to the woman he was having an affair with whi
Published November 8th 2016 by Bloodhound Books

To ask other readers questions about Dark Fragments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Fragments

Start your review of Dark Fragments
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I was really intrigued when starting this book as to who had killed Alice and why.

Ben has moved on with his life since his wife’s death with Gemma, the woman who he cheated on Alice with. They now have another child and Ben is trying his best to be a good father and husband but due to being in debt, his life seems to be crumbling apart.

I wanted to really like Ben, even though he comes across as a loving father, he is very selfish and I ended up disliking him a great deal the further into the nov
Joanne Robertson
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first Rob Sinclair book I have read but my husband has read and enjoyed the Enemy series so that’s a good enough recommendation for me! Although this is promoted as a stand alone psychological thriller, it would be great if this was the start of a new series as there were certain characters here that I’d like to see again in the future especially if they were fleshed out a little bit next time.

Ben Stephens isn’t an ideal husband but he has had a pretty tough time of things recently.
Liz Barnsley
Really enjoyed Dark Fragments – another book that I read fast wanting to know the solution. Which actually was beautifully unexpected – I always like that.

I’m also fond of a good divisive character and Ben was definitely that. Told from his point of view at first you are sympathetic to his plight. But as things grow ever darker and his decision making becomes more erratic you’ll start to question his sanity. Mind you he has had rather a lot to deal with…

The short sharp chapters created a great p
Shell Baker
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
First of all I have to say what a massive fan I am of the Enemy series. And if you are looking for Logan you will not find him in this story. You will find a character called Ben. Rob Sinclair has turned his hand at writing a Psychological thriller with this story which I thoroughly enjoyed keeping me entertained from start to finish in one afternoon. I simply couldn't put it down. Wanting to know what was going to happen with this intriguing story.

Told from Ben’s point of view we follow his sto
Best Crime Books & More
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was a little undecided about this book but have decided 4/5 is a deserved rating. In this stand alone book we meet Ben Stephens whose life seems top be on an extremely hard and fast path downward. The reason I originally said I wasn't sure about the rating was the leas character himself. At time I couldn't feel anythimng than irritation at this man who seems pitiful at times. That aside, the book was written with a great pace and an easy flow to the writing. Once I was quite a few chapters in ...more
Tulay
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting plot.

Had questions about this book from the beginning. Ben and his twin sister Dani, completely opposite of each other, and the women in Ben's life. About third of the way conversations with the psychiatric giveaway the ending to me. Ben is very angry man and can't control himself, disturbing and volatile character, but he loved his children. Really liked the way author wrote about him. Interesting story.
Caroline Vincent
Nov 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What defines a man if not the decisions he has made in his life? When you grow up with loving parents, a devoted twin-sister and no care in the world: how did you become that man of the future, your present now, who ruins everything he touches? Do shocking events allow for a darker side of you to surface or is it your unique way of coping with grief and unhappiness? How far will you go in destroying the world, the people around you?

Rob Sinclair is painting a vivid, intriguing yet dramatic pictu
Wendy
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Whatever the opposite of the ‘Midas Touch’ is, Ben Stephens has perfected it. The brutal murderer of his first wife has never been caught, he’s constantly walking in the shadow of his twin sister, he works for his filthy rich father-in-law with dubious degrees of success, and has accrued massive personal debt. In fact, none of his efforts have made a positive impact on the world lately.

Tired of being herded in ways he doesn’t want to go, despondency erupts into rage causing him to take some pret
Janie Johnson
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. This is the first time I have read anything by this author.

Synopsis
Murder. Money. Revenge.

Now re-married - to the woman he was having an affair with while still married to Alice - Ben’s life is once again spiralling out of control, and he’s become
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
Having read and loved the first book in the Enemy series (I haven’t had a chance to get to the second and third books yet!!!) from Rob Sinclair I was really excited to hear he was switching up genres and moving into psych thrillers. Lately, this genre seems to be my most read so I was delighted to be given a chance to read it.

Dark Fragments focuses on Ben Stephens and the problems he is facing in his life. Falling apart at the seams, Stephens finds himself in big trouble with the wrong people, w
Susan Hampson
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-reads
This is the first book of Rob Sinclair that I have read and my very first thought was how absolutely delighted I was that I had already purchased the whole Enemy series because I wanted more. I found this story captivating from the very beginning as my heart broke for a man talking with what I believe was a counsellor of some sorts. Such a tragic opening. Rob Sinclair had me and what started out as sympathy ended up whisking all of my emotions into a frenzy before the story came to an end.
The st
Leona
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Having read and loved Rob Sinclairs enemy series I was thrilled to receive an ARC of this to review. I certainly wasn't disappointed. This was another fantastic book by this author. It was a complete page turner and although I absolutely detested the main character the book was unputdownable. The way the author developed the characters was brilliant. Very few of them were likeable but that was all relative to the story. I would highly recommend this book if you enjoy a good crime / psychological ...more
Melanie Lewis
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very rarely do I agree with the strap line of a book, but this hits the nail on the head. A very fast paced psychological thriller, which twists and turns all over the place and leaves you breathless, shocked and dumbfounded. I daren't say too much for fear of spoilers. But I read this book in a day, I simply couldn't put it down. Well written, very fast paced, every page is a revelation. Well done Mr Sinclair - This is a hit!! ...more
Mo
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
God how I despised the main character Ben in this book but the authors writing skill keeps you reading and wanting more . Ben sees his first wife dead murdered in their own home .. fast forward to his current life . Shaky marriage , two children , a mountain of debts , a criminal friend and a detective twin sister .. and so the story begins .. my first book from this author and I'm sure to try more. Thanks to tbc for my copy in exchange for an honest review ...more
Val
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this rollercoaster read. Thank you Bloodhound for the ARC. Ben goes from one disaster to another but I didn't see that end coming! There are some despicable characters in this fast paced thriller. ...more
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book that will keep you gripped and guessing right until the end
Elaine
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
It all went a bit bonkers at the end ! Decent enough read though
Elisabet
Thanks to TBConFB I got to listen to this audio book. Wow! The narrator did a very good and believable job as Ben. The book started out as a story about a man in live crises so to speak. He was struggling to joggle live, family, work, money and everything normal live struggles. He was a widower who remarried and still loved his late wife very much. But of course since this was a thriller, his life got to be so much more adventurous. I can recommend Dark Fragments to everyone who wants to hear or ...more
Jackie Law
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dark Fragments, by Rob Sinclair, is the first standalone thriller written by the author of the popular ‘Enemy’ trilogy. It introduces a protagonist who at first appears to be a standard issue male. He has macho tendencies but displays many weaknesses. He has suffered personal tragedy for which it is hard not to feel sympathy. Somehow he has become indebted to a barbarous crook. His attempts to extricate himself further complicate his life which is slowly falling apart.

Ben Stephens loves his fami
Tina Williams
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Addictive and Action Packed!
This is a fast-paced psychological crime thriller that sucked me in and left me gob-smacked with its unexpected dénouement. It contains a flawlessly constructed and suspenseful plot that kept me guessing throughout.
Ben appears to be just your average hardworking guy with a wife and young family. Yet we soon find out that his first wife Alice was brutally murdered seven years previously, an episode that preys on Ben’s mind, particularly as the murderer has not been fou
David Baird
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off I must admit I’m new to Rob’s work but I’ve heard many a good thing about his work so when I was offered the chance to review this book I jumped at it to see what all the fuss was about.

Did Rob live up to expectations? More than I could have imagined!

The book follows Ben. His past is marred by the death of his wife but we quickly learn that over time he has moved on.. the tone of the book is set early on and you know things won’t turn out rosy for Ben.

He's is in deep with a local crimi
Cathy Ryan
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ben Stephens’ life has never been the same since he discovered his wife’s body in their bed, although he has subsequently remarried to Gemma, the woman he was having an affair with during his marriage to Alice. Ben works, under sufferance on both sides, for his wife’s father but his career has taken a downturn as well as his marriage to Gemma, and to top it all off he’s involved in a ‘business venture’ with a well known, very dangerous criminal and is in serious debt. Ben visits Alice’s grave re ...more
Bev
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-read
Many thanks to publishers Bloodhound Books for providing me a copy of this book to read and review. My thanks also to Rob Sinclair.

After reading all Rob's other books and loving the Carl Logan series, I was initially a bit skeptical about reading this book. It is a standalone book and a different style from what I have been used to previously by this author. However, this was not a disappointment, in fact I loved loved loved it.

The story centres around Ben, a man with a lot on his mind. First
Jackie P.
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Before diving into my review, I feel like I need to tell you guys how high my expectations were for this book. I have been a fan of Sinclair's work since reading the Enemy series. To say I was thrilled when I found out he was writing another book would be an understatement. The Enemy series was different from anything I had previously read so I had no idea what to expect of Dark Fragments.

One of the magical things I love about reading is when you find yourself swept away by a book without even
Nicki Southwell
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was really looking forward to reading this and it did not disappoint. I had no idea that it would end as it did. Thrilling.

Ben is an ordinary man who is married, with two children that he loves. Gemma is his second wife and the mother of his second child. His first wife, Alice, was killed when their baby was one-year-old. He thought he would never recover. He did.

His life quickly spirals out of control. Alice's one night stand was the first indiscretion and he did not handle it well. He sought
Claire
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved the Enemy trilogy featuring the rugged Carl Logan so I was very keen to read this new offering from Rob Sinclair. It's a change of direction for the author. There's still an element of action but less James Bond to the story, more crime, intrigue, gangsters and twists.

Our main man Ben has a lot on his mind, the rather large debt he owes, the unsolved murder of his first wife and life with his second wife isn't as peachy as it could be. To be fair Ben is an idiot, he thinks he can get him
Misfits farm
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ben is in a nightmare. His previous wife was killed right next to him. He is having anger issues and lashing out. His boss is his current wife’s father- that’s how they met. He also owes a “businessman” money- a lot of money. His life is getting way out of control and he needs to sort himself out however the current issues have to dealt with first as otherwise there will be consequences and possibly of a grave nature.
This is a compelling read. Short snappy chapters that lead you on wanting to kn
Timea
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audio book version of this novel and liked it a lot! The narrator is brilliant; he really nailed Ben's character and made listening to the story very enjoyable.
Ben, on the other hand, doesn't have many enjoyable moments nowadays. His life has been a roller-coaster ride since his wife was brutally murdered and he seems to be going downhill pretty fast. He feels like the whole world is out to get him and it's up to him to seek revenge, sort things out and get his happy ending. Un
Susan Hunter
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was very curious to read this book as I loved The Enemy Series and Carl Logan is one of my heroes.
This new read is completely different, but just as good as The Enemy series.
This is a fast paced thriller which leaves you breathless.
Nothing seems to go right in the life of Ben Stephens, since the murder of his wife Alice, seven years earlier.
Now another murder has taken place with similarities to Alice Stephens.
As Ben gets into one scrape after another, you have to wonder where it is going
Samantha Borthwick
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Einstaat Brief (Harry Bauer Thriller #3)
  • Lotus (Verdugo #2)
  • Quantum Kill (Harry Bauer Thriller #4)
  • Contender (A Tanner Novel Book 38)
  • To Serve And Protect (A Tanner Novel Book 39)
  • Target: Tanner
  • Dying Breath (Harry Bauer Thriller #2)
  • In Hot Blood (Dead Cold Mystery #25)
  • Verdugo Dawn (Verdugo #1)
  • Unnatural Murder (Dead Cold Mystery #8)
  • Mommy's Little Killer (Dead Cold Mystery #22)
  • Death in Dexter (Dead Cold Mystery #19)
  • Mustang Sally (Dead Cold Mystery #20)
  • Blood Into Wine (Dead Cold Mystery #15)
  • Bleed Out (Dead Cold Mystery #23)
  • Unleashed
  • Dead of Night (Harry Bauer Thriller #1)
  • Black Sheep (A Tanner Novel Book 34)
Rob is the author of the critically acclaimed and bestselling Enemy series and James Ryker series of espionage thrillers. His books have sold over half a million copies to date with many reviewers and readers having likened Rob's work to authors at the very top of the genre, including Lee Child and Vince Flynn.

Rob began writing in 2009 following a promise to his wife, an avid reader, that he cou