Start by marking “Two (Count to Ten #2)” as Want to Read:
Two (Count to Ten #2)

Two

(Count to Ten #2)

Before the sun rises, another will fall.

When Brooke Mariano is found murdered on the grounds of the powerful Everette family’s estate, it looks at first as though she may have been killed in order to keep the paternity of her unborn child a secret.

However, when another member of the Everette family turns up dead each night, it quickly becomes a race against time as Detec
284 pages
Published July 26th 2016 by Bear Spots Publications

To ask other readers questions about Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two

Catherine ♡
*Thank you to the author for providing me a free e-copy in exchange for an honest review!*

Actual Rating: 4.25

Another great romantic suspense from Jane Blythe!

Two begins on the Everette family's estate, with the murder of Brooke Mariano. The case seems unsurprising at first glance - Brooke is pregnant, and the father of her child is unknown - and so the detectives assume that this is what the murder was centered around. Until a member of the Everette family turns up dead. And another. And another
Dianne

And to think, all this time I thought my family could be the poster children for the word dysfunctional. You will not believe what goes on behind closed doors in the prominent Everette family. Tyrannical control, brutal coldness, a lack of respect for love, humanity and anything that doesn’t directly benefit the family, from the patriarch on down, almost everyone has a secret, some more deadly and perverted than others, but none as diabolical as the ones belonging to the murderer working overtim
Sherry Fundin
Jane Blythe writes of serial killers and grotesque murders and I LOVE it.

Brooke Mariano is a pregnant teenager with dreams of wealth and leisure and her life is snuffed out like a candle, all to keep a secret, a secret I want to be revealed and the guilty party to pay for it.

I like that Ryan’s interest in Sophia began before they were shoved together because of the murder. Her mysterious illness may seem to make her weak, but she is strong enough and determined enough to live on her own, disinhe
Amanda Siegrist
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing...once again!

Two kept me enthralled just as One did. I couldn't seem to stop reading and just had to know what would happen next. Jane Blythe does a beautiful job of painting the world around you, dragging you into their lives and sitting on the edge with them. At times I did get frustrated with Sofia and her reactions, but I also was understanding her reasoning behind it all.
Can't wait to read the next book that merges these great characters together!
Paula  Phillips
I wasn't sure when I started this book whether it would contain the same detectives but just like it had a new mystery storyline, it also contained new detectives. The book begins with a young girl Brooke who wanted to be a "Somebody" instead of a smalltown farm girl. She ran away from home when she was fifteen. Now fifteen years later, she is heavily pregnant and goes to knock on the door of the father's house. She ends up being murdered, and the baby ripped from her womb. As the police turn up ...more
TDCbookreviews
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. This is the second book of this series and it can be read as a stand alone.

The book starts off with Brooke Mariano and her childhood. She lived in poverty and eventually ran away from home. When she is murdered, it isn't clear who murdered her but it is clear who ever it was took the baby.

This book is about the Everett family and the Detectives know one of the them is responsible for the murders but they aren't clear which one
Love Indie Romance
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Annie Arcane

Initial thoughts:

Another great installment in a punchy, well-written romantic suspense series.

What I loved:

Once again, the author delivered an intricate plot with no shortage of scary, creepy, and oh-so-satisfying gore. This is definitely where Blythe shines the most. Without a doubt.

(view spoiler)
Karen
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Detective Ryan Xander is a police detective on a murder case. A woman is found on the grounds of Logan Everette II, a retired judge’s estate. The woman was Brooke Mariano, a woman who ran away from home at the age of fifteen because she never really felt like she fit in at home and wanted a better life. She’s now thirty-two and the mistress of several rich men, but she’s also pregnant by Logan Everette II and wants more than just money from him, she wants it all. She figured out at a young age t ...more
Sassy Southern
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Detective Ryan Xander and his partner Paige Hood have just been sent to murder scene where the unborn baby has been taken out of the mother’s womb and the mother, Brooke Mariano brutally murdered.
The murder has taken place at the home of Judge Logan Everette II and it seems like almost everyone is a suspect. Soon more murders are occurring at the home and those remaining seem to be hiding something.
Sofia Everette is one the judge’s daughters who does not live at home after being disowned by her
Laura Thomas
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, thriller
Sofia Everette may be physically week, as she’s bound to a wheelchair because of an unknown illness, but she’s mentally strong and capable. This causes her domineering father to disown her. After a woman’s body is found on the families estate and someone starts picking off members of the Everette family, Sofia must dig deep to figure out the killer’s motive before more die.

This is a dark one, indeed. And the list of suspects is large, as most of them could be from the Everette family itself. A t
Rebecca Austin
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-sassy
Wow – this was another great book in this series and I really look forward to more.

I was shocked from the first murder down to the last and I was shocked at how cold the murderer was and how everything was so well planned out.

I thought Ryan and Paige were great detectives and really trying to do their job, which was difficult with Judge Everette. He was so difficult and you could tell right from the beginning how many secrets he had within his family.

Sofia was awesome but I was very worried abou
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romaine
If you think you have a dysfunctional family, well then evidently you haven't met the controlling, diabolical, elite Everette family. What goes on behind their closed doors is enough to make your skin crawl. Things you are forbidden to speak about that could hurt your family's reputation.  Someone has a vendetta against Everette's, killing them off slowly one by one.

Sophie is the only member of the Everette family that has the courage to speak to Detective Ryan and Detective Paige about her fami
Teri
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betrayal, rape, murder, and hell that's all within one family. This group is governed by a stern dictator who doesn't want his family name tarnished. But something happens and all of a sudden the family is in danger and being picked off one at a time. Dirty laundry doesn't begin to cover the deeds of this family and all they have done. This family takes dysfunctional to a new level. When they are judged and convicted in the eyes of one there is only one that might be spared and she has Officer R ...more
Nancy
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good murder mystery book. It kept me reading to the end. I would have never guessed who it turned out to be. Brooke was a 15 year old runaway who got pregnant by a man in the very wealthy Everette family. She thought that this was the way to make easy money and have someone take care of her. How wrong was she! Come forward sixteen years and she is pregnant again. This time someone murders her and cuts the baby out. The finger is pointing towards the males in the Everette family. ...more
Melissa

Omg! Omg! Omg! This book was amazing! I love books where it keeps me guessing on who done it! This book definitely did that and more.

This is Book #2 in the Count to Ten series. Each book has been getting better and better. I thik the Judge got what he deserved. It is called Karma. He did not teach his children the right from wrong. Beautifully written with well developed characters. I can not wait to read book #3, Three.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes
LisaMarie
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two is another great romantic suspense from author Jane Blythe!
Someone is killing off the Everette family... or maybe there's two killers?? Detectives Ryan Xander and Paige Hood must solve this mystery before there is no one left to save.
I was drawn in from the very beginning! Suspenseful and enthralling. Wonderful storyline. Raw subject matter made reading this story feel present and realistic.
A MUST read in my book! (Winks)
Paula D
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought the first book was intense this one is worse! Wow the Everette family is completely chaos! Dark secrets hide but the judge doesn’t want his family to speak to the police. But when deaths keep happening no one is safe. Detective Ryan is on the case and for years he’s had a crush on one of the members of the Everette family. Can Ryan keep Sophia safe? Edge of your seat book that you can’t stop reading till the end! 5/5 stars
Lovell Grant
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really enthralling.mystery/ suspense book full of oh so satisfying gore. It kept me.reading and guessing until the very end til I almost lost my job!. Just kidding. JB I blame.you.for writing such good books but thanks too you have satisfied my overs imagination too
Chantal Baxendale
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness! This was a tense, thrilling and gruesome read. I loved the cover and I even loved this book more than the first! The characters were intriguing and felt so 'real'. The story was crazy and unpredictable at times, absolutely fantastic read!
Nikkita
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic installment in the Count to Ten series. I couldn't stop reading, had to know what was going to happen next.
A truly dark and twisted family, so many secrets and twists uncovered.
Tricia
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great, just great
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was a great mystery. I never knew what was going to happen next.
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
This review is based on a digital copy I received from Author Jane Blythe. It is an honest and voluntary review. The complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating.

Author Jane Blythe writes a dark crime thriller that tells a twisted story of apathy, degradation and crime that should only take place in our nightmares. It was brutal and told with such conviction that it left me feeling disturbed at times. This is a story that makes the idea of “keep it secret, keep it safe” app
T.L. Clark
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More bloody murders are happening.
This time damaged detective Ryan is on the case.
Things get complicated when he falls for one of the family members in the case.

There's plenty of suspense and a quest for love in this tale.

Again, very nicely written. This author has talent.

Perhaps the murderer is revealed a little early, but there's still a lot of story to get through when they are. And it does not harm the tale at all.

There is a gruesome family with a gruesome past, present, but what of the fu
Romaine Heart
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you think you have a dysfunctional family, well then evidently you haven't met the controlling, diabolical, Elite Everett family. What goes on behind their closed doors is enough to make your skin crawl. Things you are forbidden to speak about that could hurt your family's reputation. Someone has a vendetta against the Everetts, killing them off slowly one by one.
Sophia is the only member of the Everett family that has the courage to speak to Detective Ryan and Detective Paige about her fami
Paula Genereau
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my!!! I love these books so far. I can't wait to see what the next book will be about
Samantha Patience
Aug 14, 2017
Lily
Oct 26, 2018
Mel
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of Two in exchange for an honest review.

Seond chapter packed an emotional punch and made me feel a little queasy - it's unusual a book can make me feel physically sick.

I couldn't help but think of An Inspector Calls by J.B. Priestley - a family all being connected to the dead woman but all lying about it and trying to deceive each other, let alone the detectives.

Different to One in that you become aware of the identity of the culprit much earlier on in the book, and this w
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Someone is killing off Sofia's family and she is the only way for the detectives to get anywhere, Ryan has been interested in Sofia for awhile and with people in her family dropping like flies he needs to figure out what is going on, her family is not the best in the world and probably deserve what happens but family is family
description description description description description description description description

Jane has loved reading and writing since she can remember. She writes dark and disturbing crime/mystery/suspense with some romance thrown in because, well, who doesn’t love romance?! She has several series including the complete Detective Parker Bell series, the Count to Ten series, the Christmas Romantic Suspense series, and the Flashes of Fate series of novelettes.

When she’s not writing

Count to Ten (10 books)
  • One (Count to Ten #1)
  • Three (Count to Ten #3)
  • Four (Count to Ten #4)
  • Five (Count to Ten #5)
  • Six (Count to Ten #6)
  • Seven (Count to Ten #7)
  • Eight (Count to Ten #8)
  • Nine