Start by marking “Lost Lands (Changing Times #2)” as Want to Read:
Lost Lands (Changing Times #2)

Lost Lands (Changing Times #2)

4.65  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Holly lies lost in a snow covered mountain pass, abandoned and left for dead. But her memory will never allow Carter to find peace. Not until he tries one last time to save her from the Evil that now permeates the Lost Lands.

He embarks on a quest to recover his young friend’s body, joining the last remaining Snow Bears sent South to recover the mysterious Crystal, stolen
Published October 23rd 2016 by Shaun L Griffiths

To ask other readers questions about Lost Lands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Lands

Kylie
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I enjoyed this book, but not as much as the first one which I gave 4 stars.
The writing in this one felt different and choppy. There were times when I felt several things were just repeated over and over.
I did really like seeing Vin and Naz as their human forms. It was so weird to think of them having human forms since they were bears the whole first book. I wanted to live with them in their village.
I liked how there were a few things that happened in the first book that seemed trivial
samyinbookworld
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Lost Lands is the second part of the Changing Times series by Shaun L. Griffiths. The story picks up where the first book left off, pulling the reader deeper into the ancient world of shifters. It continues in the land of Hounds, where the Clan of Mountain Lions escaped from the deathly rampage of Apes in their home land.

In this book we learn more about the magical and powerful Crystal that was introduced in the first book. Also we learn more background stories about these magical lands of shift
Fiona
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
An entertaining, fast paced YA fantasy adventure with some brilliant world building.
I haven't read the first book in the series and I was a little confused in the early chapters. However once I got into the book and was able piece things together it turned into an intriguing and imaginative read. With a satisfying ending the book can be read as a stand alone but I would recommend reading the first book. I certainly will be looking out for part three of this epic adventure.
The author pulled off
Gary Smith
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable quest through dangerous lands

Being a sucker for a good fantasy quest, I greatly enjoyed this novel. The character relationships continue to develop and there is a nice sense of world building as information about the bigger picture emerges. The main characters were engaging and I particularly enjoyed the camaraderie between the snow bears. I look forward to reading the third volume.
B. Fleetwood
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to score this book 4&1/2 stars, so rounded it up!
Lost Lands is the second part of the epic adventure created by Shaun Griffiths. It has a 'Narnia' style appeal as children and young adults cross in and out of different lands via magical gateways, shape shifting into animals forms in a quest to find the 'presumed dead' Holly. The struggle for power from an unseen evil force is tied up with a powerful crystal as the tale unfolds and darkens with storms, battles and a bid from 'Him' to
Colin Garrow
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Haunted by an evil, unseen enemy, Carter and the snow bears set out to find Holly who's been left for dead in a mountain pass. However, time is against them and with the apes in hot pursuit, the friends may already be too late to save her. Battling storms, ambushes and voices in their heads, they must also safeguard the Crystal and return it to their people, before their sinister rival can triumph.

This is book 2 in the Changing Times series by Shaun Griffiths, and while it's not essential to rea
Beverly Knauer
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I devoured the book Lost Lands (Changing Times Book 2) by Shaun L Griffiths in one day. What a talented author! Even though it was book two, and I hadn’t read book one, I had no trouble entering into the world of this intriguing saga. It has great pacing and characterization. The writing style is suspenseful, always encouraging you to turn the next page as you wonder who or what the “evil” is that is always watching and listening.

The vivid descriptions make you feel as if you are right there whe
Zora Marie
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Written by Shaun L. Griffiths, the Lost Lands is one of the best books anyone could ask for. If you like a heartfelt and action packed story in an intriguing world filled with the most wondrous characters, then this is it. This may be the second book in the series, but that didn’t stop me from enjoying it even though I’ve not read a single page of book 1.

Each scene is taken up from a different character’s point of view, there were a few times I had to step back for a millisecond to catch that th
A.J. Sendall
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All ages
An engaging and expertly crafted epic adventure.

I opened this book on the recommendation of a friend despite it being well outside my normal read, and was delighted that I did.
Shaun Griffiths is a skilled and intelligent author, and soon had me pulled into the story, and the intertwined lives of the many well-developed characters. I hadn’t read the first book of the trilogy, Changing Times, but Lost Lands reads as a solid, stand-alone novel in its own right.
It’s the epic struggle of good versu
Robert Crouch
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an entertaining fantasy adventure that pits good against evil to possess a crystal that promises the ultimate power. It’s well-written throughout with vivid, believable characters and some great relationships, such as the two snow bears that help Carter on his quest. The straightforward plot builds tension and suspense as the danger increases towards the final battle.

I haven't read the first book, but had no trouble picking up the story, set in a well created and described world. I enjoy
Ginny Clyde
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
A wonderful fantasy story with were creatures united to fight a common enemy. The development of the universe was excellent, making one thoroughly enjoy the journey. It is full of action and is well paced, but not too distracting. A great sequel to book 1. Recommended for lovers of fantasy and adventure.
Beverly
Mar 08, 2017
Dianna
Mar 13, 2018
Mandy Walkden-Brown
May 19, 2017
Kimberly Gordon
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Goes deeper into a magnificent world

Lost Lands picks up where the first book left off, pulling the reader deeper into an enchanted world of shifters, ancient relics and dangerous secrets. I loved the journey through the mountains with the endearing snow bears to their homeland. The magnificent scenery and vivid descriptions held me spellbound. A wonderful sequel full of rich detail that will capture your attentIon and your heart. If you enjoyed the first book, you'll love the second one even mor
Heidi