Start by marking “Gladiator (Galactic Gladiators, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gladiator (Galactic Gladiators, #1)

Gladiator

(Galactic Gladiators #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  2,148 Ratings  ·  221 Reviews
Fighting for love, honor, and freedom on the galaxy’s lawless outer rim…

When Earth space marine Harper Adams finds herself abducted by alien slavers off a space station, her life turns into a battle for survival. Dumped into an arena on a desert planet on the outer rim, she finds herself face to face with a big, tattooed alien gladiator…the champion of the Kor Magna Arena
Published October 23rd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Gladiator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gladiator

Mei
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf
This is a classic SF-gladiator-alien-abduction-sold into slavery romace.
It's well written, but actually nothing new is here. A nice light read for a lazy week-end! :)
Kiki
Because I’m weak and have zero self control and can’t stick to my principles when looking at that cover 😒
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Gladiator doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it was an entertaining read that exceeded my standard KU expectations.

Hackett's world-building is simple and straightforward. In a Star Wars-esque universe of different worlds and different beings, there are benign aliens and malevolent aliens and everything in-between. When alien slavers attack her ship, Harper, a United Nations space marine, is sold to a house of gladiators. On a planet dedicated to fighting and slavery and the brutality tha
CC
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I started this and got a little nervous. Really "tough" heroines are not my thing, but I REALLY liked Harper! She was a badass. I was also nervous about the free flowing sex always going on. But the hero was really into her from the beginning and other than some "flutterers" hanging on him for a bit - there were no OW about.

I really loved Raiden too and thought the world building was compelling. I was expecting a typical short, simple, fluffy KU sci-fi book and felt I got a lot more. SO even tho
Ira
Higher 3.5 stars.

I’ve read this last weekend, just like boogenhagen said, look at those abs! 😘😂

Her reviews about this series and those fabulous abs keep show up on my updates line!! LOL.
It was a fun read, a bit too short but the main storyline continues to the next couple’s book, lovely! ❤
Marta Cox
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
I was very excited when I heard that this author was starting a new series about alien gladiators as usually her heroes are more human. It's an interesting idea and one that whilst still sci fi has an almost historical feel to it as it made me think of the arenas used in the past here on Earth. There is technology in this story that has a futuristic edge but I thought that mainly it's a insight into a barbaric practice with pain and bloodshed being celebrated.
It starts with a space station bein
AvidReader
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An easy 5 star ⭐ read.
My only regret is I didn’t start the series with this first book. Well I guess it’s never too late.
Recommended.
Umaiya ✨Insignificant September✨

Not a lot of strong feelings for this. It was a nice way to pass the time, I'm not particularly regretting reading this. Though it could use more work and imagination. There wasn't much world building but it wasn't alien smut fluff either. Also at the same time it didn't feel very alien/sci-fi-y, I mean I can totally see this possible in some corner of Earth.
Celestine
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
3.5 rounded to four stars.

In under 50 words, my friend Katrina perfectly described my thoughts on this book. I thought I would just link you to her review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

♛ Garima ♛
Couple of months ago, I watched entire series of Spartacus on binge and even though it was very blood thirsty and lust driven, I ended up liking it. Same goes here...mixed with alien and abduction and several other things. But main thing is Arena and fights.

"Ready to fight?" Raiden asked.
"For Freedom and honor," Saff called out.
"For Freedom and honor," Thorin, Kace, Lore and Nero said together.

It has been premise which has been used many times but I ended up liking more than I should because
Rhea_Sways
*kissing my teeth*

Let's just put it simply so far I have not found a lot variety in sci-fi. The authors seems to come up with a generic barely passable plot and a mediocre love story. Nothing to write home about or I should say nothing to write a review about. We need a lot more of creativity in this genre.
Carolyn Reilly
Oh, I had so much fun reading this! Definite recommendation if you're into space gladiators, aliens and strong, kickass heroines.
Luckily book two will release soon. Can't wait :-)
Emma
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
My first sci-fi romance, it was a light read, I enjoyed a few chapters and struggled with others, overall it was ok.
Mara
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: futuristic, romance
This book showcases perfectly the difference between a competent author and a talented writer. Without using heavyweight word, like world building, this story lacks much: in logic, in characterization, just to name 2.
It has a plot, as in there's a story, yes. But it's not really interested in it, all of it screams superficiality.
Characters are cardboard, world building is clearly a prop, romance is non existing. There's just one word that fits: insta. You have insta-lust, insta-trust, insta-lov
Hollie
I have to say, this is one of my favorite books by this writer. Insta-love seems to be an assumed in this genre so when I saw the book was under 200 pages I almost expected this to be the case. I have to say, however, that I was surprised. The love shared between the main characters seemed pretty developed and solid and actually felt genuine. I love that the heroine was tough and held her own. This book had a great balance of suspense and romance. I do wish that some of the hero's alien like tra ...more
Katrina
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5*, rounded to 4

This is a "Yes" book

Formulaic - yes
Predictable - yes
Does not offer anything new - yes

BUT:
Easy to read - yes
Nicely written - yes
Fun - yes
Very likable characters - yes
Steamy - yes
Enjoyable - yes
Want me to read the next one - yes

Shari Kay
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
I skimmed. Skimming always rates a 2 on the GR scale. So issues...

I've read several books by this author and have enjoyed them, but this one felt very different then the previous stuff I've read. The flow was...inorganic. I felt like chapters were missing. I know it's a short book, but getting from point A to C and totally skipping B wasn't working for me. I didn't feel any chemistry between Raiden and Harper because there was no build-up and too much emotional whiplash between the two. The sex
'Q' aka CoCo
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Harper is stolen by the big, bad, ugly aliens, and she's taken to planet known for catering to every vice. Sold to the House of Galen because she's a feisty little thing, she trains with the other gladiators there to fight in the arena but catches the eye of Raiden, the uber gladiator everybody reveres and fears. They have a slow burn kind of thing going on until they just can't take it anymore, and there's a nice little sub-plot about Raiden wanting to get revenge on the same aliens who happene ...more
boogenhagen
I just have such a great time with Anna Hackett - tho I admit I was loving that cover. ( I refuse to confirm the rumor that I have watched 300 about a gadzillion times and gladiator about twice that much) So anyhows, based on my conspicuous consumption, imagine my surprise when the story was even better than the eight pack abs , erhm, cover.

AH is a great go to when you need a break read, she has fast paced, adventurous stories and sizzling hot romance and I am glad I found her. :P
Lyndi W.
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this one. I feel like this author always does really well with the first story in a series, but then it all falls apart after that with nearly identical stories.
Marlene
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

This one is purely for fun. There’s no great message here, and I’m not too sure about any overarching story, like Hell Squad or Phoenix Adventures. This is just plain fun.

It’s also a good take on the infamous “Mars needs Women” trope in science fiction romance, A trope I don’t normally like, but is done well in this case. Because it isn’t Mars as a whole (so to speak) that needs Earth women, just three intergalactic gladiators in particular.

It has to get st
Inka
Много ми хареса. Това е първата книга, която чета от тази авторка и определено няма да е последната.

Харпър е космически пехотинец. Тя работи на космическа станция в близост до Юпитер, където учените изпращат сигнали в далечния космос опитвайки да разберат дали има други форми на живот с които да установят контакт. За сега нямат особен успех, докато един ден не се отваря космически портал и не се появява извънземен кораб. Малката космическа станция бива нападната и Харпър, заедно с други хора от
Sherill
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
GLADIATOR HERO/FIERY ROMANCE

An exciting romantic tale that includes ghastly beasts, notorious aliens, gladiator heroes, deadly danger, true friendship, breathtaking scene descriptions, suspense, spine-chilling action, praise-worthy plot, and heavenly sensuous romance. There is a happy ever after but several obstacles need conquering before it is reached.

Harper Adams is aboard an earth research spaceship when she is abducted by Thraxian aliens and thrown into slavery. She is taken to Kor Magna an
Cheesecake
Vivienne Leheny is the audio reader and she does a great job.
....But that's about the nicest thing I have to say about it.

Meh

Harper the kick ass human and Raiden the alien who's about as alien as my next door neighbour. (Of course my neighbour is a bit odd... He vacuums every day!)

Harper and some of her colleagues get kidnapped by the *EVIL Thraxians* and taken to a Gladiatorial planet. Raiden tells her, "Nothing is as it seems" (and yet it is all painfully obvious... but still it has to be spel
Becca
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story was just so darn much fun! The premise is ridiculous on the surface, but worked really well for a fantasy escape read - at least it did for me. It wasn't realistic, the characters were far too invincible and capable of super human feats of daring do - and that was the heroine. It also wasn't particularly unique with unexpected twists, but it was well written with enough length to allow for a good escape. This is my first book by this author, and now I must go read some of the others I ...more
Raine
Great start to series!

This is my first book by this author and it was a very good start to this series it is a sci-fi romance of a woman abducted by aliens who was sold to The House of Galen to fight in a gladiator arena. There she finds a since who's world was destroyed by the same race who captured her.

The world building was well done and the story was action packed and well laced along with the romance of the two characters. I can't wait to read the second book about Regan.
Jen
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good story! Lots of action with the right amount of romance.
Amyiw
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
How it starts, I didn't think I would like it as it is not my type of scifi romance, alien slavery, then put to fight in the arena. Your not sure about the people that buy Harper but they have their own agenda and in the end it makes a pretty good story.

The good
1. the couple and the building of the relationship/romance. (in under 200 pages that is pretty good)
2. the plot, there is definitely an undercurrent and we realize that these are the good guys.
3. the characters, I think she did pretty wel
Hackmops
Two stars for a fun but ultimately rather basic space gladiator romp. Overall, the writing is fine, the characters actually work in the context, the hero is not an utter Alpha Asshole but actually admits when he acted wrong AND the action scenes are well done - so why only two stars? The main thing that stopped me from giving this book a solid three stars are the rather clumsy transitions between plot and sex scenes and the fact that I felt that the intimate scenes could also have done with a bi ...more
I’m Anna and I’m a USA Today bestselling author who’s passionate about action romance. I love stories that combine the thrill of falling in love with the excitement of action, danger and adventure. I write about people overcoming unbeatable odds and achieving seemingly impossible goals. I like to believe it’s possible for all of us to do the same.

My parents are to blame for my insatiable need to m

Galactic Gladiators (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Warrior (Galactic Gladiators, #2)
  • Hero (Galactic Gladiators, #3)
  • Protector (Galactic Gladiators, #4)
  • Champion (Galactic Gladiators, #5)
  • Barbarian (Galactic Gladiators, #6)
  • Beast (Galactic Gladiators, #7)
  • Rogue (Galactic Gladiators, #8)
  • Guardian (Galactic Gladiators, #9)
  • Cyborg (Galactic Gladiators, #10)
  • Imperator  (Galactic Gladiators #11)