Start by marking “Soul Blade (The Sword of Light Trilogy #3)” as Want to Read:
Soul Blade (The Sword of Light Trilogy #3)

Soul Blade

(The Sword of Light Trilogy #3)

The Three Nations are crumbling.
Darkness is gathering.
Only one remains to stand against it.

Eric stumbles through the wilderness, searching, hunting – desperate for sign of his sister. But the girl is gone, stolen away by the power of the Soul Blade. With each passing hour its hold on her tightens, her spirit fading before the onslaught of its magic. If he cannot save her
ebook, 1st Edition, 300 pages
Published November 28th 2016

Start your review of Soul Blade (The Sword of Light Trilogy #3)
Kevin Potter
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this as part of the collected edition. See my review of the trilogy as a whole at https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Aaron Hodges I was lucky enough to discover his books on a book tour and now I get to read his amazing series.

This book was dark, gritty and emotional and quite the page turner that I could not put down, I kept reading just waiting for the next moment of emotion that would hit me. I have fallen in love with these characters I have followed their journey and it came to this emotional point and I am going to go as far as to say that I think this is by far my favorite book in the series.

David Francis
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This a review for the trilogy.
I enjoyed the the story very much. Being able to read them back to back was very helpful. There are some really good characters in these books. A lot of adventure, and even some dragons.
I wanted to give it all five stars but settled on four. Maybe because it just didn’t have the amount of detail the last series I read had. That Might not be fair due to the fact that it started when the author was a freshman in high school. It would definitely be five stars if you
Gianna
Originally posted on G. Jacks Writes - About Everything.

Having the world and all the heroes pitted in such a thick cloud of darkness and doubt for the final chapter of this trilogy made this audiobook really enjoyable. Characters/heroes are only as good as how they react under such disparaging circumstances. I found that Eric’s character really seemed to come full circle in this last book as he and Anala find their way back to each other and the rest of their group while doing all that they can
Zachary
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This was quite a climactic ending to Hodges' Sword of Light trilogy. The stakes were pretty set by the end of the previous book, but the obstacles facing the protagonists loom even greater in this final story. Since I had read the Legends of the Gods trilogy first, I had a few spoilers, so a few twists I kind of knew were coming.

I believe this was the first trilogy Hodges wrote, so this seems to be his third book. In that perspective, he seems to have settled a little more into how he wanted the
The Mysterious Reader
The Sword of Light trilogy is a truly epic tale and this, it’s third and final book, provides the perfect epic conclusion. I don’t want to spoil anything so I will defer to the publisher’s blurb for a description, but I’m happy to confirm that this story has all the action and adventure, character development, twists and turns one could ask for - and will definitely satisfy those who have been addictively following along. But for the fact that I’m literally dictating this review to my husband ...more
Roger
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soul Blade (The sword of Light Trilogy #3, my eleventh read/listen from author Aaron Hodges is another re-read of an excellent book. I'm on an Aaron Hodges binge It was attention-grabbing and enjoyable as is all Hodge's writings. I was given an Audible copy of this book & am voluntarily reviewing it. The final book in the Sword of Light series. Aaron Hodges has moved high on my TBR list and since I own more than a dozen books by him that won't be a problem. (RIP Marley January 20, 2014 - ...more
Excelrn
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good fantasy trilogy for young adults

I enjoyed reading this trilogy. Decent character build up and world building; plot is somewhat convoluted but moves at a good pace; could have used a bit more editing/ proofing, but nothing that distracts from the story.
I think the ending could have used a couple more pages for resolving a couple of last minute twists.... the "happily ever after" is missing. ;-)
Gayreth Walden
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gripping conclusion

This was a great story. Well developed characters dealing with situations no one should have to deal with. I became completely invested in the characters and the world they live in. I have to say I was completely satisfied with the conclusion of this story. That said, I still wish there was more coming.
Tony Fecteau
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is not for the fainthearted! Be prepared for lots of action and a lot of hopelessness. The ending progressed as I thought it would. You come to care for the characters so much. Archon the dark mage is very powerful indeed. The sacrifices needed in this book are heart wrenching. Be prepared for an epic story.
Jill Urbanek Gauger
This book was so good. Finally good triumphs over evil but the sacrifices our champions made were heartbreaking. All was made good in the end.
This series was worth it all. Aaron Hodges wrote a amazing series.
Claire B. Platteuw
Great trilogy! The last book was full of plot twists and even if I thought the (very long) narration of the final battle somewhat boring, this was a satisfying conclusion of the story.
Jodi
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Satisfying end!

An excellent conclusion to a great adventure! I look forward to more of the Three Nations. Eric, Enala, and Gabriel made sure of that!
Aaaatomik
The whole trilogy is really bad. I don't recommend it. Sorry Aaron Hodges, but it really is that bad.
Kevin Hanks
Triple meh.
Chrys Cymri
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This is more like 3.5 stars.

This is the third book in a trilogy, and I will admit from the outset that I haven’t read the first two. My review should be read with this in mind.

The novel started well with a female army commander. I do value fantasy novels which give men and women equality in their world setting, and this novel certainly did. Even when a woman was found to be pregnant, she was still treated as an equal and still took part in the final battle. No ‘keep her safe in the kitchen, mum
Robert Parker
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fast paced and relentless

Soul Blade is the last book of a trilogy detailing the fall of the God powers by the hand of trickery and subjugation. These Gods of Light, Sky and Earth are exiled to the spirit world, their powers contained within mortal weapons. These weapons are lost over the ages until found and exercised by those mortals able to withstand their corrosive powers.

In their absence amongst the Three Nations, an evil rises and the very reason for their exile. Archon, a monster of magic
Heather Hayden
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Normally I don't read books out of order in the series, but when I got my hands on a copy of this, the blurb was engaging enough that I decided to give it a try. After reading a few pages, I was hooked.

Despite having not read the first two books, I never felt lost, and the author expertly wove information into the narrative to answer any questions I had regarding previous events in the series.

Readers of epic fantasy will enjoy this book (and the series for sure, if the other two are as
Lisa Reads & Reviews
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Although I've not read the first two installments of The Sword of Light series, I was able to enjoy the story in Soul Blade. This is due to sprinklings of backstory during the first 20% or so, which does involve a bit more 'telling' than 'showing' in the prose than I like, but the intermingled actions and descriptions were enough to keep up the pace. Some of the prose bordered on purple, other descriptions were spot on with evocative visuals.

Another praise-worthy aspect was the dominance of
Michael Shelton
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The Trilogy concludes with conflict both external and internal, love and loss, death and rebirth, and let us not forget, some pretty kick-ass battles. Our heroes have regrouped and are ready as they ever will be to protect the three nations from Archon and his horrific hordes. We learn that family is can be a great source of strength, but that it also can be your biggest downfall. We meet some new characters and get to know what makes them so great. But most of all, we learn the truth of the ...more
Jennifer L Page
Sep 22, 2017
florin peer
Mar 03, 2017
Aaron Hodges
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Albert Nicolau
Jiffy52
Apr 06, 2019
Adam Satterlee
Mar 21, 2017

• Cephrael's Hand (A Pattern of Shadow & Light, #1)
  • The Dragoneer: Book 4: Outposts
  • A Warrior's Path (The Castes and the Outcastes, #1)
  • The Dagger of Adendigaeth (A Pattern of Shadow & Light, #2)
  • Weremage (Nightblade Epic, #5)
  • Paths of Alir (A Pattern of Shadow & Light, # 3)
  • Hallow Wood (Furyck Saga, #4)
  • Power of Three (The Brindle Dragon #9)
  • The Tattered Banner (Society of the Sword, #1)
  • Junkyard Cats
  • The Huntsman's Amulet (Society of the Sword, #2)
  • The Telastrian Song (Society of the Sword, #3)
  • A Warrior's Knowledge (The Castes and the OutCastes #2)
  • The Spear of Stars (The Cycle of Galand #5)
  • The Dragoneer: Book 3: Aerona Stands
  • Interview with the Robot
  • A Warrior's Penance (The Castes and the OutCastes, #3)
  • The Furyck Saga: An Epic Fantasy Adventure (Books 1-3)
Aaron Hodges was born in 1989 in the small town of Whakatane, New Zealand. He studied for five years at the University of Auckland, completing a Bachelor's of Science in Biology and Geography, and a Masters of Environmental Engineering. After working as an environmental consultant for two years, he now spends his time traveling the world in search of his next adventure.

The Sword of Light Trilogy (3 books)
  • Stormwielder  (The Sword of Light #1)
  • Firestorm (The Sword of Light Trilogy #2)