Start by marking “Spark: Careen's Prequel to the Resistance Series” as Want to Read:
Spark: Careen's Prequel to the Resistance Series

Spark: Careen's Prequel to the Resistance Series

Is it too much to want a fresh start?

Though Careen Catecher survived a terrorist attack when she was nine, her childhood ended on that awful day. Now, nine years later, she’s ready for her life to truly begin.

A full scholarship to a prestigious university far from her beleaguered home quadrant seems like a dream come true, but when she arrives on campus, she’s perceived as
ebook
Published October 21st 2016 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Spark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spark

Catherine ♡
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Much more casual, light than the original series, but still with the same tinge of unseen danger.
Sherry Fundin
This is a wonderful and enticing introduction to Careen, who is running from her past to start her life anew, and The Resistance Series that reeks of government conspiracy and danger…and I am hooked.

To see more visit fundinmental
Clare O'Beara
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: america-fiction, sf
This is readable but nothing much happens. A girl goes to college and decides to dress more like those around her. She has been accepted although she is insecure because her parents were killed by a bomb blast when she was young, and we learn that the government controls much of life for everyone.
I appreciate that this is a short prequel and I have not read the other books. Some drama rather bigger than a tutor making the girl tell her story in class would have been a sensible idea if the freeb
Lorie Douglas
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!

Short,to the point prequel that hits at the core of dystopian genre...propaganda or advertising? Which is it? Should we believe what we see on the surface of things? You decide!
Teresa Fay - Texas Book Fiend
This short companion novel is the first I've read of Tracy Lawson's Resistance series and it does not disappoint! Cleverly written, engaging and unique, "Spark" leaves you craving more!

For fans of the Hunger Games, Mazerunner and Divergent series, Tracy Lawson's Resistance series is a must-read. Highly recommended!
Michelle
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Learning more about a world that is so fantastically done is really a treat and this story is written in the same engaging, easy flowing way as the rest of the series.

Careen is leaving her old life behind to attend a prestigious university. She travels far, with few belongings, and is determined to make something of her life. But it isn't as simple as that. At every turn, Career faces discrimination and outright scorn. No one believes she belongs - well, other than the cooky professor. Yet she
Patrick Hodges
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What was our heroine, Careen Catecher, like BEFORE she became a firebrand for the Resistance? Well, she was just a normal teenage girl trying to survive college in the totalitarian state of Tracy Lawson's creation.

I always love these companion novels to my favorite series, the ones that give a little background or a backstage look at great characters before they get got thrown headlong into their chaotic life. This was just such a look.

Very quick read, finished in less than an hour.

4.5/5 stars.
Candace
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are plenty of dystopian YA series out there, but this one rises to the top, imo. The plot and the pacing are so well done that you're immediately drawn in to the setting. Careen is a believable, strong female protagonist who, having survived a harrowing terrorist attack, is now trying to survive in a new "Quadrant" where she can't seem to fit in.
Judi Easley

Revolt

269 pages, book 3, Oct 2018, Teen/YA

Resist

240 pages, book 4 (final), Oct 2018, Teen/YA

Kindle, Paperback, Audiobook (except the prequel, which is only in Kindle format)

Provided, Author

Sci-fi Dystopian YA

✭✭✭✭⭑

The covers are interesting and present an interesting series. Initially, when looking at them, they don’t appear to be a t
Leila
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I knew this was the prequel, but I left it for the very last anyway.

It was a very short read and while I feel like the prequel still leaves room for more books, I did like being able to read it after the rest of the books to get a glimpse at how Careen fell into suspicion and how she came to be where she started.

If you read it first or you read it last, I don’t think it will matter either way. It won’t give away any spoilers (in my opinion) but will definitely leave you questioning!
D.H. Jonathan
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Intro

This little novella (or long short story) is a good intro to Careen and her world. As a free download, it's also a good marketing tool.
Brian's Book Blog
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A (very) short intro to Careen

3.75 out of 5 stars

I don’t think that people outside of the series would enjoy this as much as people who have read at least one of the books. I’ve read two of them so far and my biggest complaint was that it didn’t feel long enough. I knew it was a short story/novella going into it, but it just felt like it was missing something.

Careen ends up becoming a really developed character in the first two books, but in this one she’s mushy and I’m not sure what she would b
Tracy
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Janelle Wise
May 05, 2019
Missy G
Dec 28, 2016
Joyce E Smith
rated it did not like it
Oct 20, 2017