Start by marking “Poison Heartbeats” as Want to Read:
Poison Heartbeats

Read Book

Poison Heartbeats

(Heartbeat #2)

ISIL, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, will try to “poison the well” of America. The terrorists pick the Jackson River in northwestern Virginia as their target. If the jihadists succeed, thousands will die, and millions will shrink from the life-threatening terror of a glass of water.

“Poison Heartbeats” follows the paths of two twins born in war-torn Nuristan, Afg
Published October 23rd 2016 by Templeworks Properties LLC

To ask other readers questions about Poison Heartbeats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poison Heartbeats

Charles
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Temple Emmet Williams’s fast-paced, Poison Heartbeats offers up a magic carpet ride of mystery, terrorism, and suspense. This thoroughly engaging tale revolves around an ill-fated pair of Afghan twins—brother and sister—and the three-generation U.S. Marine family whose destiny becomes intertwined with them. Williams takes the reader on a wild ride from the mountains of Afghanistan to the mountains of western Virginia, where one twin, an ardent jihadist, attempts to poison a major water supply an ...more
Indiebrag
We are proud to announce that POISON HEARTBEATS by Temple Emmet Williams is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
Cheri Florance
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Poison Heartbeats is a mental jewel box of twists and turns. As an internationally known brain doctor, I review a book to determine the value of entertainment and brain exuberance.

Poison Heartbeats: A Critical Read

Poison Heartbeats is so captivating and timely that I could not put it down - reading till the wee hours and then again at dawn. We live inside the minds of the Director of Homeland Security, twin terrorists separated in war-torn Afghanistan, tycoons who are corrupt killers, down-home
Lisa Kearns
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second installment of the Heartbeat series, and a nail biter throughout! The author brings back the main characters from his first book, Wrinkled Heartbeats, including retired veteran George McKlane, his feisty assistant/nurse Sharonda, and the shadowy character Torbjorn. It’s not necessary to read the first book before this one, but I highly recommend reading it too!

Set in current times, the characters struggle to stop an ISIL terrorist event that would kill millions. There are seve
Ron Feldman
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Temple Emmet Williams’ latest novel, Poison Heartbeats, is both timely in its subject matter and in the clarity with which it presents various US government agencies. There’s much to learn from this rapidly evolving story and extremely satisfying ending. It is an action novel with fast-paced events exploding from its pages. Readers will discover a great deal to put in their kit bag of knowledge in this very confusing time in American history. Add the unique group of characters and you have a mus ...more
Robert Eggleton
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hats off to Temple Emmet Williams. It looks like he has another winner in his new book, Poison Heartbeats. The characters are well drawn, if not always sympathetic. His research is impressive. This book is not as much a sequel as it is a continuation in the lives of some of the characters in his previous book, Wrinkled Heartbeats. ISIL terrorists, government plots, love stories, you name it … it’s all here. Look forward to a good read.

InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

The second book in the "Heartbeats" series, this standalone read is an absorbing journey that takes one from war-torn Afghanistan, to Florida, to Africa and finally to the hills of Virginia!

Read full review in the 2017 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Awesome Indies Reviewers
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Poison Heartbeats by Temple Emmet Williams is a contemporary fiction novel about a terrorist plot that deals with real-world entities including the US Department of Homeland Security and ISIL. An introductory passage by the author lets us know that for the most part, his fictitious interpretations of these entities are accurate, although he has taken some liberties by extending the sphere of influence of the Department of Homeland Security. It becomes clear within the first few chapters that thi ...more
Leah Alfree
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very good book to read

I would recommend this book to my brother John. It was a book that I actually cannot put down a ready in two days which is part of my time that I need it for other things. but now that I have read this book I feel like I need to go back and read the first one of the series.
Rachel Parrott
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
"Poison Heartbeats" includes intrigue, international terror, domestic crime, mystery and more making for a good read.

My copy was a gift through Goodreads First Reads.
Chris Norbury
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
While perusing my Goodreads "read" list, I noticed my review was missing despite the fact I was sure I wrote one! Must have goofed up somehow. I'll summarize what I thought I originally wrote the best I can.

The plot was intriguing, certainly believable, and timely. The sibling terrorists seemed most realistic to me, but the McKlane men seemed a bit stereotypical. I liked Torbjorn Petersson as a unique combination of antagonist and anti-hero. Other characters were sufficiently drawn but not memor
Artemis
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A character-driven story with intricate plot twists guaranteed to satisfy.

From the first paragraph to the last sentence in chapter one, you will be captured by Williams' skillful portrayal of co-MC Holly Smolkes, recapping her early childhood with vivid action scenes, including events that create instant justification for her cool, heartless treatment of enemies. And that's all packed into the first chapter. Hang on as the tale continues with equally compelling description of Holly's estranged b
Irene Schyberger
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Temple William's latest book, “Poison Heartbeats,” is an eerily thrilling novel of what could happen, or maybe is happening, in ISIL's Holy War on Infidels. The narrative brings us to different countries and cultures, while we wonder if the terrorists will succeed in their murderous attempts on innocent people. The fragile love story somehow makes sense.

I love the author's way of writing: short sentences, to the point, his incredible humor which lightens up the plot, and the exciting events that
Josef Peeters
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Temple Emmet Williams at his best, getting the ‘Heartbeat’ racing once more in his latest novel, “Poison Heartbeats.” His latest stand-alone novel in the ‘Heartbeats’ series introduces new and exciting characters as well as reintroducing familiar names from his previous novel. An action-packed thriller immersing the reader into the twisted mindset of the modern terrorist targeting America and her citizens in a deadly jihadist plot. If suspense, drama, crime and action are your bailiwick, then Po ...more
Shari Risoff
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Poison Heartbeats is fiction, however it could come straight from the headlines. Although it is not necessary to read the first book in this series, I wish I had and now I will. This suspense-filled story is masterfully woven by Temple Emmet Williams, showing the reader the values, emotions and faces of terrorism in a jihadist plot against America. I look forward to more of these characters in his next book.
Kerstin Williams
Dec 06, 2016
New Apple Literary Services
Oct 05, 2017
Temple Williams
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
WordsAPlenty
In the war plagued Afghanistan, there are two twins – a girl and a boy who must come to terms with their destiny. One is a holy warrior or better known as a terrorist of ISIL while the other is removed and adopted into an American family.

Ahmed Khan sets about to poison the well of America; Holly Smolkes (his sister) has some unsavory connections with a “mob boss” and a romantic link with Mac McKlane the team leader within Homeland Security as well as a sibling link to her terrorist brother.

The
Temple Williams
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Robyn Cooper
Nancy Jones
Sarah Salvaggio
Agnieszka
Mar 01, 2017
Making Connections: 4720. - POISON HEARTBEATS by Temple Emmet Williams 3 4 Dec 15, 2016 05:16PM
Temple is a journalist nominated twice for a Pulitzer, an author, a publisher, and a former editor of The Reader’s Digest. His award-winning books include Warrior Patient, Wrinkled Heartbeats, Poison Heartbeats, and Warrior Patient Heartbeats.

He writes both non-fiction and fiction with humor and the quick, sharp punch of journalistic truth.

Heartbeat (2 books)