Start by marking “Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me” as Want to Read:
Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me

Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  7,222 ratings  ·  1,197 reviews
In this groundbreaking debut essay collection, featuring never-before-seen photos, actress Lily Collins—star of Mortal Instruments and the upcoming Rules Don’t Apply—is opening a poignant, honest conversation about the things young women struggle with: body image, self-confidence, relationships, family, dating, and so much more.

For the first time ever, Lily shares her life
Published March 7th 2017 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Unfiltered, please sign up.
Nihilistic Librarian I forced my way through it and I feel exactly the same way. It was a shallow self-help book on self-esteem issues. Unnecessary. Could have covered all…moreI forced my way through it and I feel exactly the same way. It was a shallow self-help book on self-esteem issues. Unnecessary. Could have covered all information in a People magazine interview. (less)
Asamii Probably ! It's available in Virgin Megastore in UAE .…moreProbably ! It's available in Virgin Megastore in UAE . (less)

·  7,222 ratings  ·  1,197 reviews

Start your review of Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me
Sasha Alsberg
so. freaking. excited. for. this. book.
Emma Giordano
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK. I needed a break from one of the other books I was currently reading and desired something lighter that required less commitment, and Unfiltered was a wonderful choice.

CW: eating disorders, abusive relationships, addiction

I really enjoyed the writing style. Lily Collins is my favorite actress and her voice throughout these essays felt entirely authentic and raw. I believe had I read this book without knowing who the author was, I would have a fair chance determining this was
Khurram
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked Lily Collins the actress (in fact she is one of the few actresses of who I would go to watch a movie simply as it has her name on it), after reading the book I really respect lily Collins the person and the writer. This is not a self help book but more like number of therapy secession written down. Lily shares a troubling experience (nothing in her life is off limit), boyfriend/relationship issues, body type issues, or even bulimia.

This is not a celebrity whining about how they had
Nat
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: essays, nonfiction, memoir
For the first time ever, Lily Collins shares her life and her own deepest secrets, underlining that every single one of us experiences pain and heartbreak. We all understand what it’s like to live in the light and in the dark. For Lily, it’s about making it through to the other side, where you love what you see in the mirror and where you embrace yourself just as you are. She's learned that all it takes is one person standing up and saying something for everyone else to realize they’re not ...more
Carmen
Apr 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Young People with ED; People With Insomnia
I've never been shy about being silly. Life's just too short for that. It's important to do the things you love, even if other people think they're weird. And who are they to say what's weird anyway? Do THEY set the cool standard? No. Doing what we love is what makes us unique. Goofball, nerd, dork, geek, nutcase, and eccentric are all nicknames I'll wear proudly if it means living each day laughing and smiling and being happy!

This book is poorly written, very boring, and consists mostly of
Lola
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir, coming-of-age
3.5 stars. There is much I feel was left unsaid - I really wanted her to discuss her experience filming City of Bones - but this was a lovely memoir all in all that I'm sure many young girls (and boys, why not) will appreciate. Lily's candor is heart-warming and it may seem strange for me to say it was a ''lovely'' memoir since the actress does discuss her eating disorders and abusive relationships, but there is just so much love coming from her words. She wants everyone in the world to know ...more
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Be you and embrace your differences as things that make you unique and special. “Different” shouldn’t be considered confusing, negative, or something that divides us. It should be a quality we applaud and admire within ourselves and others."

I love Lily Collins so damn much, even before she started writing this book.
She was such an inspiration for teenagers like me. Long before I started reading books and finding an escape route to the fictional world, I grew up thinking that girls on the
Sid
Nov 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Okay well, was it even a book!
I mean seriously bro, I felt I was reading something written by a teenager. Well I don't understand why does everything starts and ends up on ex-relationships in this book. And well there's a huge differnce in between a confident, bold, grown up lady talk and childish rants and considering experiences of your failed relations to be the centre of your learning. Grow up man. There's hell lot of real life shit going on in people's lives. A lot of people younger than
Kate
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read, favorites
BLOG REVIEW:

•••••••••
I guess I’ll start this review off by saying Unfiltered went straight on the favourites shelf.

Yep, I loved it.

I’ve always admired Lily Collins, always loved her movies/acting abilities, so when I saw that she was coming out with a book I,
1. freaked out.
2. knew there was no chance I wouldn’t be buying it.
3. had to patiently or not so patiently wait for it to come out.

This collection of essays really was something special. You know when
Jasmine
***Actual Rating: 3/5 Fearless Stars***
”I will never need anyone to complete me. I am enough on my own.”

As we all know, Unfiltered is a memoir about the well-known actress, Lily Collins. She starred in the movie City of Bones as Clary Fray and Rosie in the film Love, Rosie. Basically, Lily Collins talked about her struggle with eating disorder; she initially suffered from anorexia and later bulimia. She also shared her childhood memories as well as personal experiences of heartbreaks and
Cristina
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I found myself in a lot of things Lily described and the way she wrote about her problems, illuminated my mind. I also faced a few problems she wrote about and I would have liked to think the way she did, to be able to move on from those problems.
I also found some quotes I had to share:
"We all want to feel part of something greater. But sometimes, though we recognize this shared instinct to connect, we get stuck in our own heads, convincing ourselves that no one else
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
This woman is my girl crush. She even made me like Clary Fray! That's how good she is so of course I'll listen to this one.
Penny Quotes
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was a cold winter’s night of 2015 when I was first welcomed into the world of Mirror, Mirror - a movie starring Julia Roberts, Armie Hammer and Lily Collins. I remember being totally shocked (see below gif) when I saw Lily Collins - I could only see her eyebrows!

Shocked Lily Collins

I don’t say that as a mean comment. At the time, I was just projecting my own securities onto her. I had been struggling with the bushiness of my brows since I was a pre-teen. I thought that was all anyone looked at when they saw me.
Katie
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lily Collins has always been and always will be one of my most favorite humans in the world. I get to know her through her talent for acting and since I know that her book is coming out, I just can't resist the temptation to read it as soon as possible!

Just like the name of the book, Lily's writing is so beautifully written and raw, it seems to me that she's empowering all young readers by telling us her own stories, experiences and her own struggles, and the way she fights for her pursuit of
Romie
Okay, yes I read this book because I actually really like Lily Collins.
I've been following her for some time now, and I like seeing the way she's evolving into this amazing woman. She's what I like to call a real inspiration.

This isn't an autobiography per say, you won't learn everything about Lily's life, but you'll learn how she became the person she is today, how life shaped her.
You'll learn that she went through a lot, that she's more than what the medias say about her, that she is her own
Aimee
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
4.5 stars :)

Absolutely loved this, Lily Collins is such a wise, accepting, strong and inspiring female. There's so many quotes I've taken from this for when I need them & I cannot recommend this book enough, it was so lovely and reassuring <3
Rissa
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I didnt know what to expect going into this book, I have seem a few of Lilys movies and i am a fan of her but now I absolutely adore her! I love her strong relationship with her mom and her struggles with her dad, her story and inspirations behind her tattoos, her own health problems that remind us all that shes human too. I enjoyed her writing style and the pictures throughout. Reading it felt more like a conversation, like she was telling me a story, telling her secrets, goals, inspirations ...more
Kat
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would totally give her a million of stars for this book if I could.

First of all, Lily's writing is absolutely wonderful and the way she tells her stories is just amazing. The topics she wrote about were partly pretty sensitive and I was able to relate to a lot of things she had written about.
I think it's the kind of book that makes you feel less alone with your anxieties and struggles, especially when it comes to things like eating disorders or being in an abusive relationship.
I honestly
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
I decided to try something different from what I usually read and this particular memoir has always captured my attention. Though I wouldn’t say that I’m a diehard Lily Collins fan, I am familiar with her work and movies. And I chose to read Unfiltered because I felt as though it would be the easiest to relate to because Lily is not much older than I am.

After reading this book, I can definitely say that Lily is every bit as classy, kind, and well-rounded as I thought she would be. She is a great
Eli
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
I don't even know why I started this in the first place (I didn't really know anything about Lily Collins except this City of Bones movie which I didn't really like) but I'm glad I did! Lily is a really cool person and actually has a lot to say and is really brave for admitting all these things
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I LOVE Lily Collins! She is one of the most beautiful people I had ever seen, and I believe she is as beautiful from the inside as the outside. I can't wait to read her book. She is a talented actress and photographer.

Nicolette (FallingOverBooks)
Lily Collins is so strong and she is truly an inspiration.
Janani(ஜனனி)
I don't even know her before her role in The Mortal Instruments. When I was obsessed with the shadow hunters world, I found that there was a movie adaptation. So I finally pluck up my courage to see the movie. And I was infatuated with Lily #girlcrush. She is so cute and I really liked her. And after some time I watched Love Rosie for Sam. That's when I started to like her more. So when I heard she was writing a book. Of course, I need to read it. So here we are!

description
"The quirky things that make
Antonia
"Our greatest triumphs in life don't come without having to navigate both the ups and the downs."

My first biography: Done! I always loved Lily Collins so I figured why not read hers first? 3 Stars probably wouldn't tell you, but I enjoyed this far more than I expected it to. It's cute, nicely written, handles important topics and is interesting to read. It's veeeery short, which makes Lily only talk about topics on the surface. I get why people would criticize that, but I wanted some cute short
Clara
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such an amazing book! I finished reading it quickly, and the whole time while reading it, I felt like I was talking to a friend.
Nina
Dec 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
LILY COLLINS IS MY LIFEEEEEE I LOVE HER, so excited for this book.
Mel
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, read-in-2018
My thing with celebrity memoirs, and why I don’t read them, is I literally spend the entire book saying: who cares. What makes a certain person (I’m going to specify celebrities for this review since this is a celebrity memoir) more special than me, and therefore more deserving than me of a memoir? Just because you’re in a few movies or a tv show or sing some songs doesn’t mean your life holds so much esteem that you need to write a memoir.

I love Lily Collins. I have enjoyed all the movies she’
Angela
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5/3 stars review to come
Meags
3 Stars

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them.”

In Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me., Lily Collins shares her deepest thoughts, feelings and experiences with her readers about a myriad of topics that impact woman all around the world. Body image, eating disorders, identity, self-confidence and unhealthy relationships, are just some of the often profoundly personal matters Collins opens up about in her candid and heartfelt memoir.

“The world is made up of all kinds of
Justine
The first audiobook I go through and it was definitely a good experience this time. It might have been the non fiction aspect that did it, or Lily's voice.

Quite a few things hit close to home in what she shared, and for that I really enjoyed it. It helped.
But it was also quite repetitive so a few things got old really quickly.

But I really had a good time listening to this book and I want to do it again, maybe for self help books.

• Scrappy Little Nobody
  • The Witch Doesn't Burn in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #2)
  • Meet Me at Christmas
  • Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3)
  • The Sun and Her Flowers
  • Again, but Better
  • The Mermaid's Voice Returns in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #3)
  • The Princess Saves Herself in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #1)
  • Glass Heart (Cold Kiss, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • My Neighbor Totoro 4
  • Unlucky 13 -- Free Preview -- The First 14 Chapters (Women's Murder Club)
  • Ritmo Al Exito: Como Un Inmigrante Hizo Su Propio Sueno Americano
  • My Neighbor Totoro 3
  • Emily Carr
  • Radio Silence
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)

Entertainment has been a big part of Lily Collins’s life since her childhood in England. Once she moved to Los Angeles, Lily attended the Youth Academy of Dramatic Arts and performed in numerous musical theater productions. In 2009, Lily made her film debut in the Academy Award-nominated film The Blind Side. Her other films include Mirror Mirror; The English Teacher; Stuck in Love; The Mortal

“I am whole just as I am. I am defined not by my life experiences but by how I let them affect me and how I handle myself in each situation.” 66 likes
“No matter what I've endured in the past, what I've put myself through, or what others have done to me, I have the ability and the will to move forward. I will not give up. I will not undervalue or underestimate my capabilities.” 51 likes