Start by marking “Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)

Rhapsodic

(The Bargainer #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  26,944 ratings  ·  2,599 reviews
Callypso Lillis is a siren with a very big problem, one that stretches up her arm and far into her past. For the last seven years shes been collecting a bracelet of black beads up her wrist, magical IOUs for favors shes received. Only death or repayment will fulfill the obligations. Only then will the beads disappear.

Everyone knows that if you need a favor, you go to the
Published November 15th 2016 by Lavabrook Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Rhapsodic, please sign up.
Laura Thalassa Story time! Way back in 2014, Rhapsodic was originally called Moonlight Rhapsody, and it was intended to be a story included in the Moonlight Cravings…moreStory time! Way back in 2014, Rhapsodic was originally called Moonlight Rhapsody, and it was intended to be a story included in the Moonlight Cravings anthology. The anthology never happened, but I still wanted to write the book. I decided to shorten the title to Rhapsodic so that readers who'd been interested in reading it up until then wouldn't get confused.

As to why "Rhapsodic", the simple answer is that a siren's power--Callie's power--is to draw people in with her voice, a voice that's both musical and hypnotically lovely. It also came to represent to me the process of Callie finding her voice over the course of the book. :)(less)

·  26,944 ratings  ·  2,599 reviews

Start your review of Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
Candace
This was one of those stories that takes you by surprise. I had never heard of this author and wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did. I had already braced myself for disappointment. Was I ever wrong! This book ended up being great!

The first book in 'The Bargainer' series, 'Rhapsodic' was a terrific love story. It had plenty of romance and angst, as well as danger and adventure. It was sweet, without being overly cheesy and had just enough tension to keep me on the edge of my seat.

jessica
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
uh oh. someone please admit me into rehab because i am A D D I C T E D.

i started this last night, just wanting to read a couple of chapters before bed. and the next thing i knew, it was 2.30am and my eyes were glued to each page. i swear this book is a drug, with each chapter feeling like taking hit. i just couldnt put it down.

this is far from perfect. the writing is nothing special and the world building is lacking, but goodness me. this story is exactly what i needed. fellow mood readers
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
Bargainer, I would like to make a deal.
FAST FORWARD SEVEN YEARS
I know why hes here. This is it, the moment Ive been waiting seven years for.
I exhale. Youre finally here to collect.

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AN AMAZING START!!!
descriptiondescription

We go from past teenage Calie~trying to survive AFTER MURDERING HER STEP DAD to present Callie~ badass detective who basically owes her life to the Bargainer)

The Bargainer aka Des is a legend within the supernatural world. Speak his name and you can bargain for what you want
Laura Thalassa
Jun 29, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Happy reading! <3
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

[image error]

I havent read a whole lot of paranormal romances this year but this one was really well done and the romance aspect of the story was simply delicious!

description

The story is told in a past to present scenario as a young Callypso Lillis, a siren, living in our world calls on the Bargainer, the Lord of the Night for his help. Each time she calls on him or asks for his help she acquires another bead on her IOU bracelet. In the present, the Bargainer/Desmond Flynn has appeared after not
• Lindsey Dahling •
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bitchin
How I happened upon this book:

Me: *obsessing over finishing The Wicked King in less than 24 hours and nearly passing away because I know I have to wait a year for the next one*
Friend: I need you to read this book. It has a fantasy world AND a modern world, kind of like that Cruel Prince book you told me about.
Me: No. I cant go on. Im not ready for anything new. I have to mourn.
Friend: Okay, well just let me know when youre ready. This one is a lot like ACOTAR, including an excellent slow burn
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
Chelsea Humphrey
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chelsea by: Irina Humphrey
Shelves: kindle-deals
My breath catches in my throat as my gaze meets his. The way he looks at me, the way his thumb is rubbing circles into the soft skin of my hand... I know why he's here. On some level, I knew it since I first caught sight of him on my bed. This is it, the moment I've been waiting seven years for. I exhale. "You're finally here to collect."

description

It's ironic that I found this a breath of fresh air when it's basically ACOTAR fan fiction, but for some reason this really worked for me. It was an easy,
HENRY CAVILL AS DESMOND, THE BARGAINER

SAFE READ RECOMMENDATION
SAFE READ RECOMMENDATION
SAFE READ RECOMMENDATION I don't know about the sequels but this one is safe of OW AND I haven't found anything that suggests OW in sequels, I'll keep looking
Thank you everyone who recommended this book to me and my dear Shari for the safety info. I would've never given this book a chance without the feedback of my trusted friends.

Update and Review 02-24-2019
I wrote a longer review to recommend this brilliant
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!

People like us are not victims. Were someones nightmare.

Rhapsodic is the tale of Callie the Siren, present day bounty hunter with a past thats always tied to her. When she was a teenager, she needed help and called upon The Bargainer to help her clean up her mess. Lost and alone, she kept calling him back for more and more favors until her wrist was wrapped in the hundreds of favors she owed him. Until one day, he left her and she didnt see him again.

Now, seven years later he
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

And mountains may rise and fall,
and the sun might wither away,
and the sea claim the land and swallow the sky.
But you will always be mine.
And the stars might fall from the heavens,
and night might cloak the earth,
but until darkness dies, I will always be yours.

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ever had a problem you needed a solution for?
Yes? Well, the Bargainer is the perfect guy for you. Hell find a solution and solve your problem. But such things always come with a cost, a price you need to pay.
Seven years
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
32731881._SY475_

Oh, My Giddy Aunt!!! I bloody loved this book.
This was just so good, I found Rhapsodic a delight and this has been on my TBR pile for quite a while, well it was certainly well worth the wait it really was fantastic capturing my attention instantly.
Rhapsodic basically tells the tale of Callypso Lillis a human Siren and Desmond Flynn AKA The Bargainer and King of the night.
Callie has tried to forget The Bargainer after having her heart broken into two, but when a certain Des Flynn comes back into
Jacqueline's Reads
4.5 Raptured Stars

I was looking for a fantasy book and I was seduced by cover and reviews. A lot of people liked this one and so I dove in.

This is the thing I love about Kindle Unlimited, I try so many new authors.

Rhapsodic is part of The Bargainer series, but it kind of reads as a standalone (at least in my opinion). The thing that I really liked about this book was the writing style. It flowed nicely, there was never a dull moment and I was really into the storyline.

I also found some oh cute
Cheryl La Pa
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fae, fantasy, 2017-aug
Rhapsodic was an addictive, mesmorising read for me. I love a good fae story and it did not disappoint.
Callie calls the Bargainer when she needs him to clean up after a murder, which leaves her owing him a debt. From then on, a friendship of sorts develop, with Callie traumatised and alone, seeking out the Bargainer's company to fill the lonely void in her life.
I was intrigued by the Bargainer and just as keen to know his secrets as Callie was. It is written with a dual timeline and I found it
Whitney Atkinson
I picked this book up because I saw a lot of people on Twitter talking about it, and I generally enjoy books that the twitter community likes, especially the hidden gems. This book is another fae book, and idk if people consider it an insult to compare it to ACOMAF, but the two are pretty similar.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. I'm not mad that I read it. However, it's just not great. The storyline is solid and I feel like there was so much potential if this were written by a different person or
Alaina
"Bargainer, I would like to make a deal."

OH MY FREAKING GOD! YYYAAAASSSSS - I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK!

Rhapsodie does a great job at switching from the past to the present throughout the book and within each chapter or so. The MC, Callie, was freaking amazing and so likable. Of course the prologue get's you hooked instantly because you're sitting there and wondering who the hell just died and why did she feel the need to kill him?!?

Okay, it might've just been me but trust me.. I ate
AMY (Ah-Mei)♔♔Queen Of Fat Cats ♔♔
Desmond♥

description
This is much better than ACOMAF and that's saying something 'cuz I LOVE the ACOTAR series. I never wrote a review for Rhapsodic, but I recommended this to every single one of my friends and that took me a while, so if that doesn't tell you how much I love Rhapsodic I don't know what else. So so good!
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
Re-read Nov, 2018

RATING: 5 Soulmate Hearts!! :) <3

Rhapsodic is a brilliant start to this series. I'm a huge PNR fan, and this read met all the requirements on my checklist on what makes PNR amazing and irresistible. Three-dimensional characters, intricate world building, engaging plot, and a sweet and sexy romance; this book had it all! I loved Callie and the Bargainer, and can't wait to see what's in store for them next, especially after that ending.

So excited for book 2!

Posted: January 20,
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Not really my thing. Going to leave off a rating.

I'm really just not a fan of urban fantasy, but much less so for this one. The world building was totally brushed over. The concept was there, but I didn't feel grounded in the world. I needed more. And the writing style? Aghghg yack. Not for me.

Before I forget - Trigger warning for sexual abuse (it isn't described in detail, but it happened to the heroine.)

Now for the big question - was this like ACOMAF?

Scarily, yes, but not in a good way. Very
Ida
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
⭐2.5 ⭐
The more I think about this book, the more it annoys me.. How it can have a 4.16 rating is beyond me.

My biggest pet peeve when it comes to books is an author stating that a character is a certain way, instead of actually showing it during the book.
He stares into my eyes. I am the scariest thing out here. And if anything tries to touch you, they will reckon with me.

Sure you are, cinnamon bun..
Most of the time Im simply Callie the PI. But when I need to use my power, another side of me
Stacey is Sassy
I think I heard the Siren's song...

It's only my second story by Laura Thalassa, but I think I'm in love. With her words...not her...that sounds weird but BOOK NERDS UNITE...it's author love, not stalker love. OK, that's probably a bit of a dodgy start to a review. It's Saturday night, hubby bought me a bottle of champers to celebrate Harry and Meggsies wedding, so I'm FLYING!!

The wedding stuff hasn't started yet and I'm one glass down, and I finished this AWESOME story. Seriously, Laura Thalassa
Kat Valentine
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful enchanting tale!!! So! Very well written,if I could this would get 10 stars!!! The storyline was fabulous and the characters were unforgettable!!! In the world of fae, night king Desmond Flynn is the stuff of nightmares and feared by all,but when he makes a bargain with callie a human who has just killed he stepfather who has sexually abused her for years Desmond knows that callie is more then she seems she's a siren who hasn't come into her powers yet. As the years pass callie ...more
enqi ☁️✨
always one of my favorite new adult fae romances to read. honestly, i'll read anything laura thalassa writes, because i spent the entirety of this book swooning over desmond flynn
 Simply Sam ツ
Maybe I'm getting old, but an immortal falling for a 16 y/o just seems squicky. I'm SO relieved that nothing really happened until she became an adult, otherwise I'd have totally different feelings for this book. Fortunately, the feelings I do have are definitely more positive than negative <3 RTC.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
I'm a bit surprised, and not actually, that I ended up being hugely disappointed in this book. The story was mostly about Callypso Lillis (23-24?) and The Bargainer aka Desmond Flynn (how old is he?)'s relationship. The only action that actually happens is very small, if you look away their relationship. And frankly, when it's all about romance, I'm outy. Too much romance and I yawn and want to sleep.
I fall asleep like that, locked in the strong arms of Desmond Flynn, one of the scariest, most
Kim
I enjoyed the hell out of this, although it has its flaws. But since I was in the mood to overlook all of them this was a solid 4 star book for me.

Cant wait to start the next one!
Penny
Actual Rating 3.5 stars

I didn't give this book 4 stars, because of the ending. It is too much damsel in distress and prince to the rescue for my taste. Callie is a strong woman. It would have been nice to see her acting as such when she was captured.

Despite that, the romance was nice and so Ill keep reading this series.
Just Josie
This was WICKED, dark, powerful, beautiful, and I swear to god it was EVERYTHING! ❣

I dont do Fey books. I dont. Fairies are NOT sexy. But FUCK THAT BECAUSE THIS WAS JUST THAT!

I am hereby converted. I bloody DIG Fey stories, especially when they turn out to be this bloody good!

This book was just so well written, the idea was unique and enchanting and the whole universe was to die for!

Thalassa writing style is so captivating. Its filled with strong emotions, beautiful descriptions, and a NEED

• Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1)
  • Shadow Wings (Darkest Drae, #2)
  • Blood Oath (Darkest Drae, #1)
  • Rising Queen (Court of the Sea Fae, #3)
  • Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • Black Crown (Darkest Drae, #3)
  • A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)
  • Fantasy of Frost (Tainted Accords, #1)
  • Trickery (Curse of the Gods, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Eidolon (Wraith Kings, #2)
  • Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3)
Found in the forest when she was young, Laura Thalassa was raised by fairies, kidnapped by werewolves, and given over to vampires as repayment for a hundred year debt. Shes been brought back to life twice, and, with a single kiss, she woke her true love from eternal sleep. She now lives happily ever after with her undead prince in a castle in the woods.

or something like that anyway.

When not

The Bargainer (3 books)
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer, #2)
  • Dark Harmony (The Bargainer, #3)

News & Interviews

“And the mountains may rise and fall, and the sun might wither away, and the sea may claim the land and swallow the sky. But you will always be mine. And the stars might fall from the heavens, and night might cloak the earth, but until darkness dies, I will always be yours.” 107 likes
“People like us are not victims. We’re someone’s nightmare.” 42 likes