Start by marking “The Ranger Takes a Bride (Texas Rancher Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
The Ranger Takes a Bride (Texas Rancher Trilogy #2)

The Ranger Takes a Bride

(Texas Rancher Trilogy #2)

Alternate cover edition for B010EN1YSO

The bloody Las Cuevas War robbed Alejandra Diaz of her father, her fiancé, and her home—and left her with an intense hatred for men in uniform. She escapes across the border with her almost-mother-in-law and finds work on a quiet Texas ranch. The place seems like the safe haven she’d been looking for. Until she meets the rancher’s
Published October 2016 by Misty M. Beller Books (first published August 1st 2015)

Start your review of The Ranger Takes a Bride (Texas Rancher Trilogy #2)
Beth Erin
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Series featured on FaithfullyBookish.com and this title was also featured on Diversity Between the Pages

What a lovely trio of redemptive, feel-good stories! I completely enjoyed getting to know all the folks on this small-town Texas ranch. These stories have just the right amount of spunk and action to liven up the sweetly romantic plots. Settings and cultures are figuratively painted across each chapter with vibrant brushstrokes.

Alejandra’s plight is heartwrenching yet inspiring as she
Susan Snodgrass
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am slowly working my way through all Brenda Minton's books since I only discovered her a few months ago. And I am having such a good time. She writes with heart and her characters and plots seem so real. I highly recommend this author.
Jackie Layton
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a sweet inspirational romance. The heroine challenges you to be braver and better, and the hero is definitely swoon worthy! You won't be disappointed if you decide to read The Ranger Takes a Bride!
Janet Ferguson
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, fiction
This a sweet western romance, but the action will still keep you on the edge of your seat! It's the second in a series, but you don't have to read the first one to enjoy!
Randy Tramp
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alejandra Diaz's father died in the war. She escapes across the border and finds work on a Texas ranch. Edward Stewart, Texas Ranger, wants to prove to Alejandra that he's different from the cruel soldiers she's known before.

I love Beller's books because they transport me to yesterday and the opportunity to look through the eyes of her characters, who were relatable. There was struggle, pain, and reward. Alejandra must let go of bad memories and bitterness. Isn't that what everyone has to
Patricia
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 3.5. This was a nice story about Edward, brother of Anna, and his romance. I couldn’t decide whether to round my rating down or up but, because I am sick today and my head is foggy, I am going to benevolently round up.
Kelli
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first

4.5

I adored Edward in the first book and I was thrilled to see him take center stage here. It had a bit of a Ruth and Boaz thread to it (my fav) as well.
Viola M. Tara
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christian West at its best

Clean good read. Private issues left behind closed doors. Interesting look at the old southwest. Totally en joyable. Thanks for the good read!
Lynda
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mail-order
A nice story with no ending

This is part of a trilogy and you'll need all three books to be satisfied. Trilogy can have endings. This one doesn't.
Ester
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of a troubled young woman who has had bad incidents with the soldiers in Mexico. Having left Mexico for the United States she finds friends and love.
Claudia
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
The premise was good but there was something about this story that just felt wrong from beginning to end.
Thomas Havens
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ranger takes a bride

This book has an easy to follow plot and interesting characters. I recommend this book to all lovers of Christian, historical, romance novels.
Kirsi Johnson
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clean, Old West Romance!

I have to say that I love a good ol' fashioned romance. Add in a cowboy and my world is complete. This is the second book in Ms. Beller's Texas Rancher Trilogy. Like all of her series, you don't have to read them in order to enjoy the story, but you'll appreciate the background characters more if you do.

There is lot of Spanish in this book. I speak Spanish so it wasn't a problem for me, but I do wonder if people who don't speak the language might be turned off by it.
Julia
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars because I thought this was a fairly good story, but it was too predictable and had too few highs and lows. It could have been recycled as most any love story by changing the setting slightly.

The big distraction to me were the repeated editing and word-usage problems. A character doesn't stand quietly "so he wouldn't disturb her revelry". "Revelry" is a celebration of sorts - certainly not something you stay quiet for. The word you want is "reverie" which is when someone is lost in
Ann Wilson
Not my favorite!

I have loved all of the other books, but I could not like Alexandria. She could not be bothered to leArn English for her wonderful new family and she seemed selfish and self centered not at all like Anna. I loved Anna and Jacob's story so much more. They were a Chrstian pair. I have loved all f 's. Ellen's books.
Orphaned Annie
Marlene Thompson
Good story.

Nice continuation of the same characters from book #1 & good story line. It took the main character some time to understand American language & ways but her life was better once she did.
Amy
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Ranger Takes A Bride is the second installment of the Texas Ranger trilogy. What a great book! It is a little over 180 pages and it took no time for me to read it. I cannot wait to read the conclusion to this trilogy. Great book!
5 plus stars
Carol and Gary Curtis
Quick and easy book. Throughly enjoyable reading experience. I enjoyed the characters and the plot.
Susan
Jun 21, 2018
Barbara J. Stepens
Feb 17, 2018
Misty Beller
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Goodreads Librari...: Need cover change 9 32 Oct 27, 2016 02:31PM

• The Rancher’s Second Chance Bride  (Brides of Inspiration #3)
  • The Rancher’s Bride Arrangement  (Brides of Inspiration #1)
  • The Rancher’s Marriage of Convenience (Brides of Inspiration #2)
  • Temporary Bride (Dakota Brides #1)
  • Abandoned Bride (Dakota Brides #2)
  • Second-Chance Bride (Dakota Brides #3)
  • The Rancher’s Bride Surprise (Brides of Inspiration #4)
  • Wagon Train Wedding (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #2)
  • Wagon Train Matchmaker (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #3)
  • A Convenient Engagement  (Brides of Brighton #1)
  • Wagon Train Baby (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #1)
  • A Love Worth Searching For (Oregon Trail Dreamin' #3)
  • A Love Rising from the Ashes
  • Reluctant Bride (Dakota Brides #4)
  • Marrying Miss Milton  (Brides of Brighton #2)
  • An Unwelcome Suitor (Entangled Inheritance #4)
  • We've Only Just Begun (Oregon Trail Dreamin', #1)
  • The Rancher’s Bride Blessing (Brides of Inspiration #5)
Misty M. Beller writes romantic mountain stories, set on the 1800s frontier and woven with the truth of God’s love. For a limited time, you can get her bestselling novel, The Lady and the Mountain Man, FREE here: http://bit.ly/2gvrW1a

She was raised on a farm in South Carolina, so her Southern roots run deep. Growing up, her family was close, and they continue to keep that priority today. Her

Texas Rancher Trilogy (4 books)
  • The Rancher Takes a Cook (Texas Rancher Trilogy #1)
  • The Rancher Takes a Cowgirl (Texas Rancher Trilogy #3)
  • Texas Rancher Trilogy: Books 1 - 3: Texas Rancher Trilogy Box Set