Start by marking “The Cure Hotel” as Want to Read:
The Cure Hotel

The Cure Hotel

There's no doubt about it, the Cure Hotel situated on the outskirts of Manhattan is one of the most run down establishments in the whole of America. This is a hotel that not only boasts dampness, poor decoration and lighting, but also welcomes the most sinister type of overnight guest. Shady loners, men with prostitutes, bosses and their assistants - It all takes place und ...more
Published November 4th 2016 by Static House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Cure Hotel, please sign up.
Ashley Clancy There was never any plan to do a second book. Considering I've got two or three projects to tie-up for 2017 shortly, I shouldn't even be thinking…moreThere was never any plan to do a second book. Considering I've got two or three projects to tie-up for 2017 shortly, I shouldn't even be thinking about it. For now, let's just say "Never say never".

(less)

Kelly
Nov 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Well...this was unexpected. I thought it was a simple sex book, a story about a horny receptionist who liked to entertain male guests who stayed at the hotel. At the beginning, thats exactly what it was, however, halfway through that all changed.

All in all I think the story had great potential and it was quite exciting with its twist and turns; the characters were interesting and I found myself reading most of the book in one sitting because I had to know what was going to happen next. However,
Ashlyn Stelmach
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! I love books written in first person and I loved the twist in the middle where it switched to a different person's point of view. I was definitely not expecting what happened but I couldn't stop reading! The only reason it took as long as it did was because of school and other things I had to do at home. But I will definitely be reading more books written by Ashley Clancy!
Hirdesh
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pscho-thrillers
Great Psycho-thriller.
As story comprises couple of thrills, I like the writer moves the story.
Jenna,the leading character have shown like a normal person like us.
Certainly, Thriller lover's should read it.
Heartily Thanks to Ashley Clancy,the writer.
Jodie Keith
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
‘With a small spy hole in every room, which viewing will leave the biggest hole in someone’s life?'

The Cure Hotel is not a book I would immediately gravitate towards, however the blurb and tagline intrigued me so I thought I’d give it a go. Seeing the private going-ons of the inside of a hotel room just seems too appealing – everyone is nosey and I must admit, I don’t know about you, but I’d sure like to know what others get up to in their hotel rooms!

We follow Christina, a young woman wo
michelle peckham
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book for free for an honest review. I'm afraid I have nominal aphasia so I'm not the greatest at writing and grammar but I can honestly say that I really did enjoy this book, a welcome change from the normal crime thrillers I normally read. This book was original in its story line for me and would be hard to categorise thriller horror with some voyeurism. It also was an easy read good for me with aphasia as some books with complicated story lines i have to read over or have to c ...more
Kelly Morgan
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
For me it took me a while to get into for some reason I didn't really jell with Christina to begin with but the more I read the more it captivated me to continue reading.

The story telling was great from first person view definitely would read more books from Ashley.
Claire Shaw
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was planning to read this book within two days, but finished in just one sitting. It took three or four chapters to warm up, but when it did, it certainly did. At my planned stopping point on chapter seven, the story twisted on it's head. This was something I really didn't see coming. After chapter seven it's literally one cliffhanger after another, holding your breath and then at the end of every chapter, wanting to know what happens next.

This book is a little hard to write a review for, with
Jennifer Doyle
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Thanks to Ashley for sending me this book. This isn't the type of thing I would pick out for myself to read so I wasn't sure what to expect, I did end up enjoying it.
I found the story a bit slow at first but a few chapters in It did start to pick up and I then got through it very quickly. There are a lot of unexpected twists and it kept me guessing right until the end.
I really liked the style in which the story was written, and the two main characters Christina and Jenna were believable and like
Tyler Smith
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was honoured to be given this book to review and I'm so glad I accepted. This was by far the most gripping book I've read in a long time and for an author just starting out, it was an amazing start.

I totally loved what she did with the main characters and it became a book where I couldn't vision the end until I got there. Overall, the best thriller I've read this year and I certainly will be on the look out for the next book from this lady.
Nikky Taylor
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lauren Humphrey
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
First of all I wanted to thank Ashley for sending me this book, it was incredibly sweet of you!
I actually liked this, I'm more a fan of psychological thrillers or ya, so it was a change. There were some parts where I thought the story was slightly slow but I found the twists definitely made up for that.
P.s. I never want to work in a hotel now
Jeni Margaret
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
3.75 stars, I loved the story of this book, very gripping! My only downside was I'm not too into books with sexy scenes, I found myself a little uncomfortable at times but that is just my own personal preference.
The writing was amazing! As a debut novel Ashley should be extremely proud!!
Xx
Sian Dawes
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was an interesting start and development of the characters, and it really kept me wanted to read to the end! Definitely kept me engaged. A really good write, and made me think I was the one who was going crazy! And such a good ending. I didn't expect that! I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good thriller.
Courtney Hawkins
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book in PDF form from the author. I enjoyed it immensely! It had the perfect amount of sex and murder! I couldn't put it down! Definitely going to be keeping my eye out for other books by this author!
Claire Hood
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in return for an honest review. I enjoyed this book and read it in a couple of sittings. Enjoyable characters, easy read.
Written as a first person, I liked that it changed characters halfway through.
Hoping there's a series of cure hotel books.
Samantha Arzuaga
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
WOW! It's really the only word that comes to mind while reading this book as well as the first word that comes to mind when it's all over.

This book is definitely a solid 4.5 stars! I can not begin to tell you how much mystery and suspense and twists there are in this story and that is a great thing. I loved being kept on my toes the entire time while reading this book because just when you thought you knew where this story was headed, you were shocked into a twist that you NEVER saw coming.

I c
Leigh Richards
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Thoughtful and thought-provoking. Not at all the book I was expecting.

“The Cure Hotel” is a complex story about voyeurism gone wrong. This kind of story can be found at the blink of an eye on Amazon. What this book does differently however, is take the conclusion of the book and give it an intelligent meaning. Usually a killer will murder in a book, yet we seldom find out why they do it. It's sobering and totally satisfying to understand why this all happened and projects the book from an averag
Ruth
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to The Cure Hotel

Ashley is a new author to me and this is the first book I have read by her and what a great book. This story is the biggest head mashing what the hell no kind of book I have ever read. Think Dexter but in a hotel and a very very very disturbed young lady who thinks she is doing the right thing. This is Christina and Jenna's book even though it's the one story you will see what I mean once you read it. I couldn't put it down and read it in a few hours so enjoy this weird
Feed The Crime
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book, I was just going to read a few chapters to get me back to sleep, however 7am and I have stayed awake just to finish it.
You are taken on a journey of emotions with the two main characters and all the plot twists. It was so fast paced I could not stop reading especially from half way through, I did not expect what happened. However I feel like my journey was too short and would of absolutely loved more chapters. I will definitely have to read this book again and can't wai
Megan
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
I was given this book for an honest review. Whatever you expect to read in ‘The Cure hotel’ don’t! The cure hotel is full of twist and turns and I never could have imagined the ending at all! I usually like my standard stories where you know how it’s going to finish from the very start but this took me by surprise! I was hooked from the start, if I was to categorise the book in to three words it would be GRIPPING, SUSPENSEFUL and SHOCKING.
These aren’t usually the type of books I read but after t
Suze
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was sent this book to give an honest review of it. Too much sex stuff! That's just my personal opinion, it's just not what I'm into reading about. The story was good though, and written in a "diary" type way made the timelines more understandable.

A bit of a twist half way through that I was not expecting, turned the story around (for the better) and the ending was totally different to what I thought would happen.

All in all, a good read.
Laura Pierce
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got given this book for an honest review and thank you Ashley I enjoyed this book had me gripped and the twists were unexpected
Tammy
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was one of the most gripping, unexpected thrillers I've ever read.
Not only does the author excite you and make you unable to put the book down, but she shocks and amazes you page after page.
I haven't read a book this quickly in a long time so it was definitely a nice, accomplishing feeling!
Thanks to the author for a lovely read.
Natascha Housen
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
I really struggled to read this book, it just wasn't for me and I found the writing poor and the storyline a bit far fetched.
Jill
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-thriller
I'm not sure what I loved about this book, but I just did. At one stage I wanted to kill the main character myself and at the next, she got me feeling sorry for her. Very enjoyable
Joanne
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was kindly given to me in exchange for an honest and fair review. Would have to give this book 3.5 stars out of 5.

*be aware there are spoiler alerts*

When I first started this book I was worried. It is not the type of book I would pick up or recommend to my reading group, HOWEVER I am so pleased I persevered.

The two main characters are fairly young and seem naive in their own ways. At first this grated on me a lot, especially as it was written in first person. I can't quite put my fing
Keriann Davey
This book was bad, the whole story was very far fetched and unbelievable, it was a bit silly in places too, nope not a book for me.
Katin
Jun 04, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Heather Smith
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Eve K
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is really hard to rate.

It's about a run down hotel that has some questionable staff and even more questionable clientele. That's pretty much all I can say without giving away spoilers.

I'm not sure, but I think this is the author's first book and it does show. It needs some editing, since there are some words and phrases in it that are repeated a lot, but not to an annoying extent.

The writing can be a little bit clunky at times, but the author has her own unique writing style that's re
« previous 1 3 next »
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap 741} The Cure Hotel by Ashley S. Clancy 9 14 Aug 13, 2017 04:36PM

• The Insides of Banana Skins
  • The Ouija Board
  • How the Universe Works: An Illustrated Guide to the Cosmos and All We Know About It
  • The Best Little Bread Book
  • Brood X
  • The Tufa Coloring Book
  • Recruits
  • Surviving Gretchen
  • Thunder Moon (The Witches of Langstone Bay #1)
  • Anything for Him (No Escape #1)
  • Rise of November
  • Sekkol (Galaxy Alien Warriors, #2)
  • Nadia: The Girl Who Couldn’t Sit Still
  • Resurrect (Fuzed Trilogy #1)
I want to become a writer on this site who reaches out to readers and reminds you just how important you are to an author's career. It doesn't matter how good we think our writing is, without your support, we are nothing but a human-being with an imagination. Your thoughts, opinions, reviews (good or bad) really do make the difference, so I choose not to write about myself here. Instead, thank all ...more