Start by marking “Good Sick” as Want to Read:

Good Sick

They called it a cult. I called it home.

ABIGAIL
I dont regret running away from home six years ago. I wound up at Good Souls, a secluded farm where I could fight my dark, dirty impulses and remain pure. I knew that soon I would receive the ultimate reward: ascension straight to heaven. Then the police raided our farm and took everything away. They called it being rescued.
I
Kindle Edition
Published by Sasha Rich Books

To ask other readers questions about Good Sick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Sick

Start your review of Good Sick
Aղցela W.
I had to take a few days to process this book it was something else. Abigail ran away from home at an early age and ended up at a secluded farm or cult called Good Souls. For six long years she was brainwashed by an evil man named Brady Booker. When the farm is raided and she is rescued her reentry into society is not an easy. When her doctor suggests that she try making friends and maybe even dating Abigail decides to give it a shot. On her first night out she meets the handsome and sexy Mason. ...more
Danielle Harris
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mind Blowing.

To me this was bad a$$. I will not go into detail, but Abigail had it rough for awhile. She is now able to live her life. Having trouble moving on from her past she meets sexy man beast Mason. Mason has some secrets of his own. Check this book out this will not disappoint.
Ayesha Singh
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 STARS!!

This book was fantastically written! Oh my! And this is Sansa Rayne's first full length novel! The way she has described the story, that is the way the heroine struggles with her demons, the way the suspense gets unfolded, the way we move further into the story - is just captivating! I could totally connect with the heroine!

"The agony of the body feeds the serenity of the sole."

This book is definitely written for the lovers of dark romances. The topic of the book is so different!! I
E.M. Summers
Title: Good Sick
Author: Sansa Rayne
Series: standalone
Genre: erotic suspense
Themes: BDSM
Heat: 4/5
Rating: 3/5
See more of our reviews: www.summersevereads.wordpress.com

Watch out, Abbi, I thought in Brady's voice. The demons are going to be coming for you.
Let them come.

This is the first book I've read by Sansa Rayne/Sasha Rich - and I found it thrilling and steamy. It has a wonderfully original plot, following the life and re-intergration of Abigail in society, after she is rescued from a cult. It's
Sonya
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was not dark at all! Not darkish. It was however not good. No connection, no build up...just yuck!
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of Sex - 5/5
How explicit - 4.5/5
BDSM/fetish - 4/5
Romance - 4/5
Overall - 4/5

Good Sick is Sansa Raynes debut novel, which is a dark erotic romance. This novel touches upon some heavy subject matter including cults, BDSM, kidnapping, and more. The story line was great as well as the characters. My emotions were all over the place while Ms. Rayne took us on this journey into Abigail and Masons romance.
Abigail joined the Good Souls religious cult, lead by Brady Booker, hoping to seek
Marie
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Abigail ran away from home six years ago and met Brady. She was on the streets and had no idea how she would survive and ended up joining a cult ran by Brady. The cult was suppose to allow her to ascend to heaven in she did not give into her dark desires. Abigail is rescued and put back into society but is having a hard time readjusting after six years of being brain washed. While she is seeing a therapist that therapist encouraged her to make friends and maybe even date.

Masons sister went
Christine
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ARC review For honest review.Abigail is in a commune for sex trafficking when it gets raided she meets mason after the ordeal . This is a moving and a great read.
Debra
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I'm not going to start with an overview of the plot. I'm sure you have already read the synopsis, and know what the book is about. This author is new to me, so I didn't know what to expect. For me, this book was more of a thriller with some BDSM thrown in, rather than a dark romance. The story started off a little slow and unorganized, but as the story moved along it started to come together, and became intense and intriguing, I couldn't put it down. Abigail's story was heartbreaking. ...more
Renee
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book intrigued me so much. A girl in a cult with a past that you can't even image. I was all in. I loved this book. It kept me guessing then second guessing myself through the entire thing. Poor Abigail has been through it having just been taken out of Good Soul's. Donations keep her living in the city and she sees a therapist to help her adjust to her new life. Abigail however is angry and hurt and knows she is missing something in her life. After all she never ascended. Every believer in ...more
Nessa
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
THIS WASN'T SICK IN THE LEAST....AT LEAST NOT IN THE DEPRAVED WAY. DEPENDS ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT. IF YOU CONSIDER PEOPLE WHO ENJOY BDSM, CONTROL AND HAVING GONE THROUGH SOME CULT SHIT...THEN MAYBE IT CAN BE CONSIDERED SICK.

BUT, IF LIKE ME YOU THINK IT'S A STORY THAT'S MORE THAN BORDERLINE CRAZY?

IT AIN'T. SO DON'T GET YOUR HOPES HIGH IF YOU LIKE READING DARK, EROTICA WITH TWISTED CHARACTERS AS IN PSYCHOPATHIC SOCIOPATH.

I'M NOT GOING TO DELVE INTO THE STORY, I DON'T THINK IT'S WORTH MY TIME TO
Carissa Janes
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blessed Be

This was captivating with an original storyline! I loved going through the roller coaster of emotions with Abbi as she tried to adapt to living in the city. Kerri was perfect for Abbi to talk to, and it was more like an older sister or mother giving advice than a therapist. I wasn't sure what kind of story would come about with Mason's background, but it was perfect, and he was perfect(ly broken)! My first book by this author, and I'm looking forward to future projects from her!
RLoves2Read
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark-romance
I really liked reading Mason and Abigail's story. This story gives is more of a psychological thriller with some BDSM, rather than a dark read, but I enjoyed it regardless. Abigail is a runaway that falls into a cult life and when rescued, struggles to come to terms that her 6 years in that life was a lie. Mason meets Abigail with motives of his own, but falls for Abigail quickly. Their HEA romance is a whirlwind with some hot BDSM scenes.

Will definitely continue to read more from this author!
Christina Del Moral
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abbi was part of a cult for 6 years. Having to adjust living a normal life style then what she is used to. Believing what she had learned from being in the cult, she believed her impure thoughts were evil and not natural. Having met Mason at a BDSM club she realizes that everything she has known was a lie.
The story has great BDSM scenes that will leave you squirming and melting the panties right off. This was a great story for a dark read.
Shannon Mcfarland
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Good Sick is a dark read that grabbed me from the beginning and held me until the very end. Abigail had just enough spunk to override the meek mouse she was supposed to be. Mason is the hot Dom that is the flawed hero you cant help but love.

Good sick selves into cults, kidnappings, and sex trafficking. It is a good story with a HEA that also gives you some VERY sexy scenes.

I cant wait to read another of Ms. Raynes books.
Closet Erotica
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is about Abbi who just got rescued from living in a cult with a sadistic leader. She thinks her desires of pain equaling pleasure is a sin and tries to to hide it. She doesn't understand how something so complex can be so simple. However, fate would have it that she runs into Mason who just so happens to be a very dominant figure with an alternative motive. This book will grab you and make you wet in all the right places.
Korena Kerner
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ran away when she was sixteen, Abigail Lamb was befriend by a cult leader named Brady Booker, head of Good Souls. Good Souls taught Abigail to sub press her sexuality. When Good Souls was raided by the police, Abigail felt like she had no family. Her psychiatrist told Abigail that she was in a cult and it was alright to explore a relationship with a man. Abigail followed the psychiatrist advice. Abigail meets Mason outside a BDSM club. Mason is an ex-cop who is trying to correct a past mistake. ...more
Tersia Eloff
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Sick

I love Sansa Rayne's writing. Might have said this before! Good Sick had suspense, a few surprises, one in particular that I wanted to know more about, maybe in a later book.
Jackie Campos
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldnt put this down once I started reading. Great story! Great job Sansa Rayne!! On to your next book. ...more
ocdbookreader
3.5 with great thought.

This book I have a feeling is a stand-alone going into a series (will explain).
This book may cause triggers. Some abuse. Heavy on pain fetish of the BDSM variety (S/M). Some brain washing with the cult religion.
I went into this book with nothing but knowing this is a "new author" to me with a book that involves the dark romance, cult type.
So of course I was interested.
I started meeting Abigail, she has just been "rescued" from a place called the farm. It's pretty much a
Holly
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reviews
This was a good fast read. It kept me on my toes and I did not want to put it down. This story is about Abbi who just got rescued from living in a cult with a sadistic leader. She thinks her desires of pain equaling pleasure is a sin and tries to to hide it. However, fate would have it that she runs into Mason who just so happens to be a very dominant figure with an alternative motive. Together Abbi and Mason discover what is really important.
Jay Williams
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

I eas recommended this book and i tealli enjoyed it. Abbie had been part of a cult for 6 years and Madon is an ex detective who jad an interest in the cult. I will not give too much away the sex is well written and a good twist within the book
Carla
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Good Sick is Sansa Rayne's first full length novel, and let me just say it is a really great read! In this book, we follow the life of Abigail Lamb from the time she is rescued from a cult up until present time.

Abigail ran away from home at an early age and ended up at a secluded farm called Good Souls. For six long years, she was brainwashed by an evil man named Brady Booker. When the farm is raided and she is rescued, her
Nicola
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Read on behalf of a Book Lovers Emporium.

I loved this book. From start to finish I enjoyed every word of it. The way the author writes is easy to follow and she makes the chapters exciting enough so you just have to read one more. I finished this book in a mater of hours.

We met Abigail who had lived on a farm with a cult since running away from her foster home six years previous. She has been brainwashed onto believing that sex is evil and that monsters made her feel the way she does. We also
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I loved this book. From start to finish I enjoyed every word of it. The way the author writes is easy to follow and she makes the chapters exciting enough so you just have to read one more. I finished this book in a matter of hours.

We met Abigail who had lived on a farm with a cult since running away from her foster home six years previous. She has been brainwashed into believing that sex is evil and that monsters made her feel the way she does. We also meet Mason, who at first seems really
Liz
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, abuse, dark
I would not call this a romance. This was a weird BDSM thriller that had hints of romance but it was really BDSM sex.

It was a thriller about a woman who ends up in a cult for 6 years that gets raided and she has to re-assimilate into regular society -- in NYC of all places. She meets Mason at a club she tries to get into (her court-mandated psychologist suggests that it's time to meet new people) and it's a BDSM club. The leader of the cult (who has escaped capture) used BDSM techniques on her
Shelli
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a really interesting read! A bit different from most books, a little dark in areas, but really fascinating!

You see the main character coming out of a cult, and struggling to deal with the fact that she was brainwashed, trying to come to terms with what is true and real, and what isn't, and what she really believes.

I think this was a fantastic first book for this author, and I'll definitely keep my eyes on her to see what she publishes next!
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader
Toni Lewis
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic , yes there are things in this book that we may not like but truth is . Human trafficking is a real thing in life and cults so with that being said ! You really need to read this book . With Mason and Abbi there's a story there you can only understand if you read it ... with Abbi spending six years in a cult somewhere she called home to now find out everything she believed is all wrong .. Mason was determined to right a wrong but once he got to know Abbi he wanted so much ...more
Candice Barrier
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sansa Rayne, a brand new author did an awesome job on her first book. Although, not as dark as my normal reads. It was very well written, had some grammatical error and such. Overall, loved the story she brought to life with Mason and Abigail. Seeing their ups and downs throughout the story. Had a couple dark scenes in it, but very tastefully done. Definitely, give this Author a go and read her first book. I look forward to reading more of hers to come.
Amber Sikes
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sansa Raynes new book Good Sick is set in New York, and tells the story of Abigail Lamb a 24 year old woman rescued from the Good Souls cult, and Mason, a former cop who has given up everything to try to fix a past mistake at all cost.
This is my first read from Sansa and I loved the detail she put into each of her characters, the hot steamy BDSM scenes, and the overall story. Id really love to read sequel to Abigail and Mason's story or maybe a spin off of one of the other characters.

• Iron Crowne
  • Unforgettable (Indulgence, #3)
  • What Girls Are Made Of
  • Jasmine
  • Sweeter Than Hate (Darker Than Love, #0.5)
  • Born A Free Spirit
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Bait
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • A Single Kiss (Irresistible Attraction, #2)
  • A Single Touch (Irresistible Attraction, #3)
  • Use (Forbidden, #2)
  • Mr. Spencer
  • The Ring
  • Tell Me to Stop (Tell Me #1)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy Book 2)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Fallen Petal