Start by marking “This Time Around (Our Time for Love #1)” as Want to Read:
This Time Around (Our Time for Love #1)

This Time Around (Our Time for Love #1)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  19 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A Second Chance at Love…

Raef Alvero has been groomed his entire life to take over as CEO of Alvero & Alvero. He’s also spent his entire life trying to please his father…Even if that meant giving up the one woman he ever truly loved. Now fate has intervened. Raef is faced with handling the buyout  and closing down of a chain of hair salons…one in which Gemma works. Fiv
200 pages
Published October 25th 2016 by C. Kaye Books

To ask other readers questions about This Time Around, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Time Around

Myra Espino
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paperbacks-won
I have this book for a while now but I haven't got the chance to read it yet. But now, finally I read it.

The story and the characters are good. This book is a second chance romance book. Despite raising their daughter by herself, Gamma did great. At first, I kind of not like Raef but as the story goes I started to like him. Overall, the story is good and I liked it.
Carla Turcotte
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Romance is not the usual genre that I read, but I just HAD to read C. Kaye's book! Gemma and Raef - their love didn't work out the first time around, but Gemma was left with a daily reminder of their love for one another. Now 5 years later, because of a business deal, they get a second chance. They forgive one another so completely and yes, they both contributed to the fault factor, so it's wonderful when they can put the past behind them and start new. Except - there's a twist! I won't give out ...more
Kathy Wideman
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a second chance romance book and I really enjoyed reading it. C. Kaye did a great job with this book. Raef and Gemma are great characters. I really felt for them and what was happening in the book. Raef and Gemma had dated 5 years ago. Gemma thought everything was going well and had big news for him. But when she went to tell him he broke up with her instead. He thought he was doing the right thing and Gemma didn't really blame him. Gemma kept her big news to herself. Now Raef is ba ...more
Whitney Cannavina
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review
Review by Country Gals BOOK Blog

Raef has been working hard to get to the position of taking over his fathers company. Leaving the only woman he's ever loved behind in the process has always weighed on him, but it seems now as if he may get his second chance with her. But finding out his one love had his little girl and didn't say anything has tilted his world and now he needs to figure out how to make it right.

Gemma is a single mom by choice. She works har
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gemma Warren's life hasn't been the easiest, after she lost her parents when she was eighteen years old. She fell in love with a man name Raef, and thought they were forever, but when he left her out of the blue, she was very hurt, but he left her something in the meantime. Now five years later, she knows that her salon has been sold, but when the owner shows up, she is shocked to see the man she never stopped loving. But at the same time, she's in fear since he isn't aware that he left her preg ...more
Marialee
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Copy received from Author for honest review.

This is the first book that I have read by C. Kaye and I thought that it was a very sweet second chance romance book.

This is the story about Gemma and Raef. Gemma is a hairstylist and Raef is a higher up in his fathers company. What neither of them know is that they are both about to come into each others life after not seeing each other for 5 years.

Raef's father just bought out the salon chain that Gemma works at and it is Raef's job to go and talk
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I really liked this book, the story definitely made me shed a few tears and I was quite emotional at a few points in the story. I had sort of predicted the way the story was going to go from the blurb, but I was surprised by the turn of events at one point! Held my breath for a while there.
I can't tell you the feelings I have for Raef's father! He is one nasty piece of work. I love little Charlotte. She is a proper character, a real credit to her mum, Gemma.
Poor Gemma, being treated the way she
Lita Thomas
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Time Around by C. Kaye is a cute tale about Gemma, a young lady who took an incident that would have devastated other young ladies but she held her own. She now has a salon with a friend and they love what they do. When they get the news the salon has been bought by a large beauty corporation she and her co-owner are worried what is in store for their little salon. When Rafe the owner of the corporation goes to visit the salon he discovers that the girl he broke up with has been keeping a s ...more
Paula D
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gemma is a single mother a hairdresser owner and loves her daughter Charley with all her heart. Five years later Gemma's ex Raef shows up and is shocked to find out he has a daughter. Will Raef forgive Gemma? Will the past come out about why Raef broke up with Gemma? Lots of drama in this book but one thing that overpowers everything is love. I loved this story and so happy they got there happy ever after they both deserved. 4/5 stars ****Reviewed for Sweet & Spicy Read provided for a volunt ...more
Kaye
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a good story about second chance love that is sure to keep you hooked for hours! A fast-paced read that will intrigue you, keep you guessing, and will help you believe in true love conquering all.

Gemma and Raef and Max and Charley are great and interesting characters that will amuse you, delight you and touch you.

I was gifted a copy and this review was made objectively and without influence from anybody.
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a second chance romance. Raef Alvero left the love of his life five years ago to pursue his career. Gemma raises their daughter on her own without Raef's knowledge. Business intervenes causing them to cross paths once again. This time around Raef must prove to Gemma and Charlotte that he is not leaving. All of this is tested when Raef's dad interferes. This book I felt too wordy.

review by Ann
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
This was a good book about two characters that have the chance for a second chance at love. This book was sweet and the characters were both understanding and forgiving of the other. Just when you think you know exactly how everything is going to play out BAM you are left shocked and surprised. The author did a great job at giving us the unexpected that's for sure.

I really enjoyed this book and if you are looking for a sweet second chance romance than this is for you!
Ann
Jan 13, 2017
Marcie Little
May 14, 2018
C. Kaye
Oct 22, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Candace
Sep 13, 2017
Jos
Oct 30, 2017
C. Kaye
Oct 29, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shirley White