Start by marking “Ivy Introspective (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #2)” as Want to Read:
Ivy Introspective  (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #2)

Ivy Introspective

(The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #2)

ebook, 1, 222 pages
Published June 24th 2017 by Kellyn Roth

To ask other readers questions about Ivy Introspective, please sign up.
A. Lei Simpson I agree that IvIn can stand alone and be fine. Though there are a few things that are clearer when you read TDS.

Start your review of Ivy Introspective (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #2)
Kellyn Roth
Ivy Introspective is now available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BXM8C32

I'm super excited about this book! I can't believe it's finally out in its final form!

For the time being, at least, it is free on Kindle Unlimited. ;-)

Enjoy!

TTFN!
~Kell~
Victoria Lynn
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a delightful tale with endearing characters and lovely writing. I can't wait to review it further upon publication!
Kellyn Roth
It's probably cheating just a bit to rate your own book five stars ... but oh well. Everyone else is doing it, so I'll continue on until Goodreads bans me. ;)

The second book in The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy follows the story of Ivy Knight, Alice's younger sister. This Christian Historical novel can be read as a standalone. Recommended for ages 12-18.

I'd never intended to write about Ivy, so this was an interesting book to write! I actually had to come up with something for once instead of just
Gracelyn Buckner
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

RTC
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

12-year old Ivy struggles to get along as easily as her twin sister Alice at Pearlbelle Park their new home. When her parents hear of a boarding school, McCale House, they decide to send her there, where a doctor can work out the best way to draw Ivy out of her own mind.

I LOVED the characters found in Book 1: The Dressmaker's Secret and you can read my review here. I quite welcomed the opportunity to return to Alice and Ivy's world. From the sta
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Trapped in a world where she doesn't belong, twelve-year-old Ivy struggles to keep her head above water as her simplicity is brought to light by her new position as a young lady growing up at Pearlbelle Park.
After much thought, Ivy's parents decide to send her to McCale House, a boarding school in Scotland for girls and boys like her. However, scared and worried away from her beloved mother, sister, and nurse, Ivy can't seem to focus.
Will Ivy ever learn what Dr. McCale is try
anika
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
First off, bravo!!!! Encore!!! Amazing job, Kellyn! These books have to be among my favorite historical novels I've read. I enjoyed this one a bit more than I did The Dressmaker's Secret, but they both reminded me somewhat of A Little Princess. Maybe it's the setting, or the time period, or the sweet little girls (or all three), but I LOVED it. A Little Princess has always been a favorite for me, and the relation of the books to it but also how they were different made it a splendid read.

The pl
Andrea Cox
FTC Disclosure: I was an editor on this book. No review was required. These are my honest thoughts.

Such a charmer! I simply adored Ivy’s story. There were lovely surprises and shocking moments and wonderful twists. The pacing was great, and I really enjoyed the characters, especially Ivy and Violet and Jordy and Nora. The journey of discovery within these pages was lovely and kept my interest throughout. This was exactly the story Ivy deserved, and I’m so happy that the series is continuing. I w
Marguerite Gray
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am planning on following Kellyn Roth through her career. She is a model of finding your passion and pursuing it. Wow, she is a teenager on a mission. This is Book 2 of the Chronicles of Alice and Ivy. One of my favorite passages is "...when they sense that the grownup in charge of them is tingling all over with anticipation, worry, doubt, and all those splendid emotions that keep the soul walking through glass." I look forward to the next book in the series.
Mya Gray
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, indie-published
4 Stars
I loved this! Ivy is such a sweet and interesting main character. I loved her and Violet’s friendship and the way Ivy grew while she was at the McCale House. Her perspective was well done.
The only thing I didn’t love is how a certain ship turned out in the end. It seemed a little rushed and unauthentic. But overall this was a great read and I’m looking forward to the next one!
Loretta Marchize
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
First of all, can I just say that Kellyn did a great job of writing Ivy and Violet? Violet is just wonderful (well, not in that way) she's fully developed, has issues, but isn't always just an angry person.
Jordy was interesting, but we don't find out much about him. Maybe we will in the future? (Kellyn?)
Ivy.... oh Ivy is amazing. I love that she doesn't always know what's going on even when the reader does. I love that she (view spoiler) I love
Lilian
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
Wow, this book was good. Probably my favorite of the whole series.

Review:
Ivy Introspective is about Ivy, who has high-functioning autism. I wasn’t really sure how this would play out at first, but my doubts died away pretty quick, because Kellyn wrote about Ivy’s condition with a really soft hand that wasn’t condescending at all + with a familiarity of that subject, which I was very appreciative of.

Also, in the story Ivy gets sent to a boarding school named McCale House (not a spoiler- it’s in t
Lisa Elis
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pls first go read my review of book one because I said all the important stuff about plot and writing there. Here I am just saying a couple of things about the characters.

In book two, there is Ivy's pov, and again, I was slightly skeptical, wondering how that would come out. Ivy is, after all, a bit more simple minded than others. WELL I NEED NOT HAVE WORRIED. IT WAS TERRIFIC. No less interesting than Alice's.

Another thing about book two. We have the perspective and story of Mr. Parker, who is a
Abigail
i'm not crying, you're crying. (that's a lie i'm totally crying)

"Could you back up and explain a little bit?"
"About what?"
"The talking river!"
"It's a fairytale. I don't have to explain."

This was so WHOLESOME. my HEART. I'm EMOTIONAL.

Okay hold on let's get a hold of ourselves here.

So this was pretty much perfect. A couple of years ago, I read At Her Fingertips and Beyond Her Calling and fell in love with both of them. (And yes, I read The Dressmaker's Secret too) But somehow this one got mi
Lana
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was so sweet and gave me all sorts of good feels by the end (especially about Jordy...let's all just fangirl over him, shall we?). I loved Ivy--so sweet and just trying to figure out things. (view spoiler) And then Violet was so harsh and yet broken and she just needs a hug. And then Jordy was so awesome, and I want to actually meet him 'cause he'd be so ...more
Daisy Paquet
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I *love* this book! It's kind of something I've never seen before because neurologically atypical MC in HISTORICAL CHRISTIAN FICTION doesn't happen so often? But this was INCREDIBLY well done and just ADORABLE and I can't even.

*offers Kellyn all the stars*
Sarah Briel
Dang, I'm just getting emotional, which is weird. :P Alright, so Ivy Introspective is the sequel to The Dressmaker's Secret, focusing on 12 year old Ivy as opposed to The Dressmaker's Secret which had Alice as the main character. This one was naturally, stronger in some points and weaker in others .... I liked it quite a bit more than the original The Dressmaker's Secret, but probably about equal with the updated one? Anyway ...
STUFFS THAT NEED MENTIONING

- The characters are smol beans who n
Tarissa
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Really impressed! While this sometimes is a sorrowful tale, it's also quite a cozy read. I think this sequel is even better than the first book in the series. Perhaps it's just because I could connect better with the characters through Ivy's perspective. (And still, what a beautiful cover these books have!)

Ivy's family knows she was born simple, that she "struggles to cope with the world". Her senses are very, well, sensitive -- to things like loud noise, bright lights, or being overwhelme
R.A.
Well, I finally finished this! ;)

The Characters:
Ivy - she's so sweet!! I honestly like her more than Alice! :p Her attitude is so sweet and (view spoiler)
Violet - *coughs* She has some difficulties, but I still liked her!
Posy - :D
Mr. Parker - what can I say? I have to be honest and say I like him, but he still drove me crazy too! And what flirt! (view spoiler)
Miss Selle - she had a serious an
Rebekah Duncan
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the first book in the series, but I was pleasantly surprised! The characters were just as endearing as I remembered them, and Violet's character was very developed and interesting, which I liked. The only thing I didn't like was the subplot of Miss Selle. I just couldn't seem to keep interested in it. But other than that, it was a delightful read! 😊
Merie Shen
Review and rating to come closer to publication. Though I wish said publication could come sooner!
Hanne T
Previous books in this series:
The Dressmaker's Secret by Kellyn Roth (Alice and Ivy #1)

This was such a sweet book! I didn't know how much I would like reading a book from the perspective of Ivy, since I enjoyed Alice's so much; however, it was done super well! It never felt slow or stilted, and I actually really fell in love with Ivy's narration style!

Overall, I think I liked this story line better than Alice's (from book 1): the storyline and narrative was a lot more internal (i.e., happening i
Angie Thompson
So, I freely admit that I waited much too long after reading The Dressmaker's Secret before I picked this one up, but I was a little disconcerted at the way it picked up where the other left off without much explanation at all. I found myself not remembering several important things--like how old Alice and Ivy were supposed to be or who exactly Mr. Parker was--that weren't explained until well into the book. I know it's my fault for taking so long, but a bit of a refresher would have been helpfu ...more
Jane
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction
As an educator I like to see people of differing abilities represented in the books I read. In Ivy Introspective Ivy has a hard time relating to people. Author Kellyn Roth doesn’t specify a diagnosis for Ivy but to me she displays traits of having Autism Spectrum Disorder. Since Ivy Introspective is set in the Victorian Era, Roth did research into the time period in order to accurately portray the setting. She admits in her note at the end that while she could find no evidence of anything like t ...more
A.G.
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ivy Knight has never been normal. For the majority of her life, people have put her down as “simple”, unable to truly cope with the world. This is normal for Ivy, but it disturbs her because all she really wants is to be loved. With all the recent changes in her life, however, she begins to doubt her mother’s love. Then her parents send her with her grandmother to an experimental school in Scotland, where the teachers can hopefully teach her how to “be Ivy”. Ivy doubts they can actually help her ...more
Bethany Rose
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Young ladies will love Kellyn’s work, adore the characters (I have a feeling a certain fellow known as Jordy will gain special status), and learn valuable truths about mental illness. In my Virtuous Girls ministry, I work with girls around 8-14, and they would fall in love with Ivy’s sweet spirit and relate to her insecurities.

I also believe this sweet book will help readers appreciate the real struggles of mental illness.Kellyn is honest about how God doesn’t necessarily take our struggles away
kathi worley
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Huge love for Ivy!

Kelly Roth hit it out of the park again with book 2 in the Alice and Ivy chronicles. Wonderful to see the inside workings of Ivy's mind.
Hanna
I beta-read Ivy Introspective and then reread it. That means I'm pretty familiar with it, so maybe my review is a little biased.
The characters, most of whom are from The Dressmaker's Secret, are well-developed, and most were necessary(I'll get to the exceptions in a bit). Mr. Parker's struggle was good, because it portrayed such a personality well(I would have a difficult time with that). His actions were laughable, which added humor. Ivy was very sweet, innocent, and amazing. Her 'preaching'
Charis Rae
3.5 STAR RATING.

RTC 4.25.18 at charisrae.com.
Tara Savanna
In this series, Kellyn Roth has created realistic characters navigating believable scenarios. In this second book, we learn more about Ivy, what she is dealing with, and what is going on in her head. It was such a pleasure to watch her grow as I read this book.

Miss Roth delicately deals with things like abuse and mental issues through her characters during a point in time where not much was known about them, much less discussed or dealt with. I appreciate her approach to these subjects and how
Beta Reader Group: Historical Fiction Novel 1 12 Mar 20, 2017 08:34PM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Adding Series 6 22 Oct 24, 2016 07:47AM

• On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness (The Wingfeather Saga, #1)
  • Finding Hope (Librarians of Willow Hollow #0.5)
  • Dust (Heirs of Neverland, #1)
  • A Strand of Hope (Librarians of Willow Hollow)
  • Window Fellow
  • North! or Be Eaten (The Wingfeather Saga, #2)
  • Still Small Voice (Towers of Light #2)
  • Finding Home (Baxter Family Children, #2)
  • The Little Green Jacket
  • The Most Amazing Bird
  • Hot-Tempered Hannah (Mail Order Brides Rescue, #1)
  • A Well-Trained Lady (Seasons of Change, #4)
  • The Seer (The Kalila Chronicles, #1)
  • Midnight's Curse: A Cinderella Retelling (Beyond the Tales Book 2)
  • Two Steps Forward (The Deacon's Family, #3)
  • Farewell to Manzanar: A True Story of Japanese American Experience During and After the World War II Internment
  • Beloved
  • Lawfully Courageous (The Lawkeepers)

Kellyn Roth is a Christian historical women's fiction and romance author. Sound boring? Well, she includes lots of adorable children and mischievous animals—as well as a generous dose of BBC-style drama.

Kell lives on a ranch in North-Eastern Oregon with her family, crazy border collies, conceited fluffy cat, and assorted cows and chickens.

Other than authoring, she blogs, teaches young writers to

The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy (4 books)
  • The Dressmaker's Secret (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #1)
  • At Her Fingertips (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #3)
  • Beyond Her Calling (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #4)