Start by marking “Changing Colors (Seasons of Love, #4)” as Want to Read:
Changing Colors (Seasons of Love, #4)

Changing Colors

(Seasons of Love #4)

Tony Quinn has a knack for figuring people out. He likes labels, likes to be able to put everyone and everything in tidy boxes. As a theater director, it allows him to run a production without too much drama. But when he meets Gentry—“call me Gee”—in a bar one night, he discovers that some people aren’t so easily defined.

Gee Parnell is unlike anyone Tony has ever met befor
Paperback, 1 edition, 245 pages
Published October 23rd 2017 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Changing Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing Colors

CrabbyPatty
I really struggled to finish this book, starting it back in the fall and finishing it in February. During my first attempt to read it, I grew so frustrated with one of the MCs, Tony, that I had to stop reading. Picking up the book again, and starting at the beginning, I pushed past my extreme irritation with Tony, resisted the urge to DNF and finally finished.

Tony was raised in the theatre, is currently a successful director and is hired to direct the pilot of a television show that is similar t
Annie ~ Queer Books Unbound
Reviewed for From Top to Bottom Reviews.

*A copy of this was provided via NetGalley

How do I even review this book that broke me, made me cry and had me rooting for the protagonists from the get-go. The moment I started it I could not put it down. And I expected that... but at the same time I was surprised by how much I needed to get back to these characters as soon as I could. Changing Colors is the conclusion in Springer's Seasons of Love series and for me the definite favorite; with Thaw a clo
Under the Covers Book Blog
I've been seeing this series around quite a bit in the "online book world" and thought I should give it a try to see what the hype was about.  I probably did go in with high expectations because of that.  But I quickly realized a few things.

1 - The author's writing style is not for me.  I'm usually the one that hates when authors get very descriptive and prefer something quick and to the point.  However, this was an extreme.  I was left feeling a bit of backlash after every scene ended by just
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
3.75 Stars

Ugh, some people are so infuriating! I really liked Tony and in the beginning, I even felt bad for him when he lost Gee, but I also wanted to beat him at times. How can you love someone if you can’t truly accept them for who they are? The answer is you can’t and Tony learns that the hard way. And why do characters do things that they know will blow up in their faces? Is it just to make the reader have an anxiety attack?! LOL Tony’s actions were, as I said, infuriating. I sat on the edg
Carol (bookish_notes)
This is the last book in Elyse Springer's Season of Love series and it's been a year in the life of some wonderful characters. Whiteout, Thaw, and Heat Wave were fun stories that were never too angsty and I loved that this series had both m/m and f/f pairings. In Changing Colors, we've come full circle to Tony's story. We first met him in Whiteout, and now it's Tony's moment to find love.

Tony's story actually starts ten months before the "present-day" events in this book. We already got an intro
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is one in a series, but can be read as a standalone. I read Thaw a little while ago, so it was good to catch up with that couple at a party.

I found this to be a thoughtful and thought-provoking read. Most people have been conditioned to consider certain things to be absolutely unacceptable, and even when it is blatantly wrong, it is difficult to not react. Tony has definitely been subjected to that from childhood,
Rennie
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. I probably would have liked this more if not for Tony ( what a piece of work he is) and if I had got Gee’s POV ( Gee is lovely and wasn’t at all protected at all costs).
Critterbee❇
Tony is a theater director in New York City, off Broadway but loving his job. Gee is a mysterious non-binary southerner who has relocated to the big city. The story starts off with a first-night-sexy-times encounter, and then stumbles into an awkward relationship.

Tony is very controlled, has major Daddy issues, and struggles with accepting anything that doesn't fit into his neatly labeled boxes. Gee is uncompromisingly determined to be happy, but is defensive due to past experience. There are i
Shirley
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 - 5 stars... so good, so sad, so...

I've been waiting for Tony's book since he was first introduced in White Out, the first book in Elyse Springer's Seasons of Love series. Since then, he's made small appearances in each book, but he's made an impact on almost everyone. Once he reached out to Sara in Heat Wave, readers got a little bit more of Tony's story... and that was the perfect set up for Changing Colors.

So, confession time. I could kind of relate to Tony. I'm not proud of that fact,
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
One thing that caught my attention with this series is the beautiful covers for the books. They are so fitting to series and I adore them. But, I also love the series itself. The stories are beautiful, wonderfully written and tug at your heart strings and in the end make you happy.

Tony is living a life....that he's not entirely happy with. I am not really sure how else to describe it. He loves what he does, but he's trying to fit a mold to please his father without conforming, but conforming non
Jess Hale
Apr 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jessi
Tony Quinn likes the world to be well-defined. People go in boxes and that's where they stay. Even in the world of the theater, he manages to keep his life very tidy that way. At least, that's until he meets Gee in a club one night. It's lust at first sight. But then Tony muffs it up. See, Gee is a man who likes to wear women's clothes. He is not transitioning in any way; he just likes to wear women's clothes. Half the time, he doesn't even shave. And Tony can't handle that. They are together fo ...more
Suze
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5*
I do find the writing style easy to read
I enjoyed Gee and wanted more of him and to see how he ticked.
The single pov from Tony shows him very repressed. The first time they date it is too much for Tony to overcome.
Up to 40%ish I was ok with that but they start dating again and Tony is still compartmentalising like mad but I did feel he got his comeuppance for keeping it all in and not telling Gee and keeping Gee a dirty secret.
Glad he did own up to everything and made some good decisions
Claire
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Solid m/m romance that nicely wraps up this quartet. Seeing Tony as a protagonist after he'd been a supporting char in the other three was neat, and Springer walks a good line wrt having his problems and hangups feel realistic while also contributing to the challenges he faces in forming a relationship with Gee. Gee was an absolute delight, too.

(cw: features an interrupted physical assault against a male character; mentions past stalking from an ex-boyfriend.)
Sheryl Beesley
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite book in the series... I adored Gee so much...
GlamLawyer
Dec 14, 2018
Sam
Apr 29, 2018 marked it as stuck-did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
A protagonist who says they can split their life in two and never the twain shall meet has problems. One who wants to split their life in three is TSTL. I wanted to hit Tony upside the head.
Nin
Rachel
Aug 30, 2018
Berangere
Mar 02, 2018

Seasons of Love (4 books)
  • Whiteout (Seasons of Love, #1)
  • Thaw (Seasons of Love, #2)
  • Heat Wave (Seasons of Love, #3)