Start by marking “Faultlines” as Want to Read:
Faultlines

Faultlines

Six months ago Vanessa Raines lost her best friend.

Lisa had changed, pushing away everyone close to her, even Vanessa. She had quit soccer. Started wearing dark and dismal clothes. She refused every offer to talk and suffered whatever she was going through in silence. Now she’s really gone. Suicide they claim, but Vanessa knows that isn’t right. It can’t be.

Vanessa blames
Paperback
Published November 15th 2016 by Bella Rosa Books

To ask other readers questions about Faultlines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faultlines

Start your review of Faultlines
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Faultlines by Lucienne Diver

A teen suicide brings together and splits apart friends. Why did it happen? As Vanessa tries to understand, grieve, and survive the loss, school becomes a torment of accusations and a frightening battleground.

A dark young adult thriller. Compelling.
Vanessa’s little sister brings relief to many situations throughout the book with a mischievous impulse. Her behavior saved the book from being to much tortured darkness.
Cheryl
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
My feelings towards this book was just alright. Let me explain why: First off, in the beginning I knew nothing about Lisa; therefore her death did not have a great impact on me. Although, I did experience the bond that Lisa and Vanessa shared. Due to the reaction that Vanessa had towards Lisa's death. The second factor is that all of the other classmates it seemed did not share that great a love to Lisa. Again, due to this factor, Vanessa trying to advocate for Lisa felt like a one man band. The ...more
Mia Siegert
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: twisted, ya, young-adult
While I received this in November (book swapsie!), with moving, writing deadlines, and everything I didn't get to read more than the first chapter until today. I'm absolutely kicking myself that my time management skills sucked since this was a page-turning, one-sitting read. I also made a fan playlist for it on Spotify.

FAULTLINES revolves around Vanessa--an independent seventeen-year-old who is struggling to come to terms with her best friend (Lisa)'s suicide. From the very first chapter, the
Maria Kay
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Lucienne Diver's first-person narration. Love. It. Her writing style catapults the words into my head. Vanessa, the main character in Faultlines, gave a sense of action and danger throughout her secret investigation of her best friend's suicide. Like a detective novel. Each clue she discovered led to more questions. More finger-pointing. The intrigue of characters had me suspecting everyone like a whodunit (which I love). With each chapter, the anticipation surmounted making me doubt the ...more
Evergreen
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really love this book. It tackles a lot of hard topics and has a very realistic feel for how the events take place. In particular, the way it shows how easily lies spread (and can lead to bullying), I think is particularly informative. The characters are also very real and fully-fleshed, with shades of grey instead of black-and-white.
Lucienne Diver
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: fans of Thirteen Reasons Why.
This is my own novel, so I'm absolutely biased, of course. I just couldn't leave it off my shelf, since it's my latest and the closest to my heart. ...more
Jan 18, 2017
Igrowastreesgrow
Apr 13, 2018
Jaycee Tovar
Mar 26, 2019
Lucienne Diver is a literary agent with The Knight Agency and also the author of the Vamped young adult series—think Clueless meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer—and the Latter-Day Olympians urban fantasy series from Samhain, which Long and Short Reviews calls “a clever mix of Janet Evanovich and Rick Riordan”.

Her short stories have appeared in the KICKING IT anthology edited by Faith Hunter and Kalay