Start by marking “Paradise (Expeditionary Force, #3)” as Want to Read:
Paradise (Expeditionary Force, #3)

Paradise

(Expeditionary Force #3)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  4,957 Ratings  ·  202 Reviews
While the crew of the starship Flying Dutchman have been trying assure hostile aliens do not have access to Earth, the UN Expeditionary Force has been trapped on the planet they nicknamed 'Paradise'. The Flying Dutchman is headed back out on another mission, and the UN wants the ship to find out the status of the humans on Paradise. But Colonel Joe Bishop warns that they m ...more
Published October 21st 2016

Montzalee Wittmann
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paradise
Expeditionary Force, Book 3
By: Craig Alanson
Narrated by: R.C. Bray
Series: Expeditionary Force, Book 3
This continues the great fun and adventures of Skippy and Joe as they travel the universe again. This time they are cleverly saving the people on Paradise. It is always a lot of crazy situations, lots of humor, and great banter between the team. Lots of action, adventure, and suspense thrown in there too. I truly love this series. Of course I have to listen to the series so I can hear RC
Gud.Spelar.Too
Nov 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Entertaining stories that desperately need an editor

I read the Author's three stories together, so my comments address all three. While the plots are clever, fresh and inventive, and the majority of characters engaging, there are so many mistakes and errors in the writing, that it significantly distracts from the story. Throughout the books passages and phrases commonly repeat themselves almost verbatim. There are a large number of spelling autocorrection mistakes, where the wrong word has been
Eric
Book 3 continues the antics of Joe, Skippy and The Merry Band of Pirates like the previous two books. R. C. Bray also continues with his excellent character portrayals and storytelling.

After saving earth again in Book 2, The Fly Dutchman is back in earth orbit. Joe is called on the carpet for his judgment calls during the last mission. Much discussion and argument ensues until a new mission is developed. One of mission parameters is find out the status of the earth troops stranded Paradise. Sinc
Anthony Doyle
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
So, not a trilogy. I thought this would be the last in the series but nope. The ending is a set up for the next installment. I hope the 4th one has some new elements because this one just seemed more of the same: Skippy the Magnificent being an abrasive ass who can manipulate space-time but just can't fully grasp humans, Joe the dumb grunt coming up with amazing ideas to get them out of trouble, and the Merry Band of Pirates overcoming long odds to outsmart and defeat far more advanced aliens. A ...more
unknown
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing reading romp...

This is a recommendation that you read the Expeditionary Force series...not just this book o k but all three. Alanson spins a fun realistic tale with great characters, plot and story. He has created my favorite AI ever...worth the read just to meet him. I can't wait for the next book.
CB
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks, sci-fi
I am soooooooooooo obsessed with this series!!!!!!! I wish there were 100 more hours of traveling the galaxy with Colonel Joe, Skippy, and the merry band of pirates to listen to right now!! Also I wish that RC Bray narrated ALL science fiction books, he is clearly the best. Well actually if he could just narrate all books that would be fine by me as well. I hope Craig Alanson keeps cranking these stories out and that Audible continues to provide them! Will definitely reread again and again!

05/2
David
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Best beer can ever!
Fred Nielson
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Could have been so much better.

I read a lot. I read a lot of science fiction. I read a lot of military science fiction. A cursory glance at my Kindle library supplies adequate proof. I also write quite a bit. I know that avid readers usually have very active imaginations and actually picture what they are reading in their mind's eye. On the rare occasion when I read a piece of fiction that eventually becomes a movie I always marvel at how differently the director imagined the story than I did.

A
Soukyan Blackwood
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
All reviews in one place: Night Mode Reading

Skippy the Magnificent, the glorious sassy ass of an artificial intelligence created by an ancient, now long gone alien race, and Joe Bishop, continue their questing among the stars in search for answers, and, really, anything that could help Skippy find his own folk, and maybe help protect Earth doing so. While they're at it, Joe, with Skippy's help, does his best to try and help humans left on an alien planned they dubbed Paradise, which is now more
Doug
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great story. With typohs (sic)

Really good story and points of interest. The typos don't bother me a lot but does require a pause or to go back over a sentence and that's disruptive to the flow.
shaun holmes
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wicked sense of humor

I couldn't put this or the pervious 2books down and I can't wait to read the next installment all I can so is go Skippy lol
Steven Carranza
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These books just keep getting better and better! Can't wait for the next one.
Lori
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun with a snarky AI.
George Price
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read the entire series and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am a sucker for books who's theme is based around improbable heros.
Brett La valley
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series and the main character.

Please don't change a thing with the main characters in this book. I love the interaction between the main character and his computer side kick. Please keep these coming.
Joe Vella
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More, please!

All the right mixture of fun, science, and military action. I hope the band of pirates recharge batteries and head off for another adventure. The AI character made this series a cut above you would expect.
Mike Anderson
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, military
This whole series combines sci-fi, comedy, and Tom Clancy-level military detail into a story that entertains on many levels. Combine that with the exemplary voice of R C Bray and you have an amazing audio experience. The author expertly captures the experience of military life in a way that feels authentic (note: this comes from a former sailor who has known many Army and Marine personnel).

On top of all that, the series features perhaps the most entertaining AI character ever. Despite Skippy's g
Kc Merrill
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Trust the awesomeness.

Seriously, trust it. It's awesome. Best series I've read in all of 2017. One in which my Alexa will never look the same.

I haven't enjoyed a series like this for a very long time. The humor, wit, action and adventure. The back and fourth between Skippy, Joe and the Merry Band of Pirates is so good.

This book, narrated by RC Bray was non stop action.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but seriously, download this series. Craig's writing and RC Bray's narration makes fo
bobby dubuque
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This trilogy is awesome!

Really enjoyed all three books. Joe Bishop is an outstanding character and I really enjoy his back and forth with Skippy. I'm gonna miss the hell out of these characters, can't wait for the next entry in the series.
Jamie Lewis
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, aliens
I loved the book and the series so far is awesome! Skippy is still one of my favorite characters, you have to love the smartassed shiny beer can. RC Bray is a great narrator for the audiobook version of this book. I can't wait for more!
Kyle Boedeker
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The continuing adventures of Skippy, Colonel Joe and the merry band of pirates! Another great entry in the series. Though, as with the last two books, it kind of ends on a cliffhanger. Hopefully Mr. Alanson gets to writing book 4! As always, the audible narration was really great!
Johnny
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book three

While I did find some mistakes throughout the book, the overall story was enjoyable, for the most part.
There were times that the story just lagged.
However I am interested in the next book and can recommend this series so far.
Fidilip
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Expeditionary Force is such a clever and funny series! This book is no exception. I'm really looking forward to next book hitting Audible.
Bob
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trust the Awesomeness!
Stacey Smith
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-reads
Must read after the first two in this series. The audible narrator is super !! Love these stories.
Janice
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series!

Loving this book series. Great characters and an awesome continuous story! Now to book 3.5 Trouble on Paradise! Don't miss this series!
James W. Owen II
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paradise, a fun read

This was an enjoyable read. I loved the characters and am very excited to read more by this author. I hope this story does not end here.
Mary Ann
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love these stories. I listened to the Audible version and it was AWESOME. Maybe not as awesome as Skippy but very close. Though I'm sure Skippy would debate that assessment.
Robert R George
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

Love Joe and Skippy! An effortless read, can't wait for the next book! There were times I laughed so hard!

Expeditionary Force (7 books)
  • Columbus Day (Expeditionary Force, #1)
  • SpecOps (Expeditionary Force, #2)
  • Trouble on Paradise (Expeditionary Force, #3.5)
  • Black Ops (Expeditionary Force, #4)
  • Zero Hour (Expeditionary Force, #5)
  • Mavericks (Expeditionary Force, #6)
“Friedlander chuckled. “Why did the two blondes freeze to death at the drive-in theater?” “I don’t know?” “They went to see ‘Closed for the Winter’.” “Ha!” 6 likes
“This farmer has a rooster that is growing old, and the farmer decides it’s time to get a new rooster. So he goes down the road to his neighbor Gilroy, and he buys a young rooster. When he gets home,” Skippy was already laughing at his own joke, “he puts the young rooster in the pen. The young rooster struts up to the old rooster and says ‘Hey old-timer, you need to hit the road. This is my place now’. The old rooster says ‘You’re right, it is my time, but I’ll tell you what. Someday you’ll be old, and a young rooster will come along to kick you out. I don’t want the ladies to see me just walk away. Could you chase me around some, we’ll fight for a minute for me to keep my dignity, and then I’ll leave?’ And the young rooster feels sorry for the old one, and says ‘Sure, old-timer, let’s go.’ So the young rooster chases the old rooster around the henhouse, and the farmer comes out to see what the commotion is. He says ‘What the hell?’ He grabs his shotgun and blows the young rooster away. As the old rooster is chuckling, the farmer says ‘Damn Gilroy done sold me a gay rooster’!” 5 likes