Start by marking “Stormhaven (Whyborne & Griffin, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stormhaven (Whyborne & Griffin, #3)

Stormhaven

(Whyborne & Griffin #3)

Mysterious happenings are nothing new to reclusive scholar Percival Endicott Whyborne, but finding one of his colleagues screaming for help in the street is rather unusual. Allan Tambling claims he can’t remember any of the last hour—but someone murdered his uncle, and Allan is covered in blood.

Whyborne’s lover, dashing ex-Pinkerton detective Griffin Flaherty, agrees to p
Published December 1st 2013

Simone
My feelings for the mystery part here:
Bildergebnis für creeped out gif

It's official now, I'm a wuss. Yeah, please don't judge me, but I could basically feel every single hair standing on end sometimes...

My feelings for the romance:
Bildergebnis für swooning gif

Oooh, this was lovely and absolutely balanced out all sorts of creepiness...

My feelings for Ival and Griffin:

*activating tackle-hug-alert*
Ähnliches Foto

... aaaaand bounce! ;-)
Susan
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I thought this was the last book of the series and I almost cried! But, turns out there are at least 2 more books...so I'm doing my happy dance (don't look...it's disturbing and all kinds of unattractive but it's mine!)

Stormhaven had a fantastic story, disturbing beyond (anything w/ asylums kinda freaks me out...), and lots and lots of our favorite trio (yes trio, no not menage)...of Whyborne, Griffin, and Christine!

If you haven't read this series, let me just tell you why you should:

-Percival E
K.J. Charles
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, historical, m-m, victorian
I would write a proper review but the dead gods sing to me from their fathomless palaces and also I'm on my phone. Sexy Lovecraftian fun with plenty of tension and real horror. Our boy Whyborne is learning to kick some arse. Highly satisfying.
Barbara➰
This was another awesome installment in this series. It put me through every emotion.

All the asylum stuff was CREEPY and had me shivering more than once. And boy, is Whyborne a magnet for the supernatural and weird!

There were definitely some sweet and swoon-worthy moments.
"I’m yours, for as long as you want me.” He stilled and pulled back, his face revealed to me in the soft glow of the night candle. “What if I want you forever?”

“Yes.” I kissed the nearest patch of exposed skin within reach, o
Ami
There was murder in the first chapter – the suspected killer covered in blood and couldn’t remember anything … and THAT was how you hooked your readers.

The 3rd book in Whyborne and Griffin series was definitely my favorite to date. It had the great combination of mystery, romance, a dash of humor (Whyborne was grumpy about the progress of electricity coming to Whiddershin, it was adorable!!), emotional angst (oh Griffin, poor Griffin), and horror (seriously, stories in an asylum where they treat
Ingie
Written June 22, 2014

4.3 Stars - Partly adventurous and scary but at the other end incredibly intensely hot and grandly about earnestly grand male love

Book #3

Stormhaven is the third part in the Whyborne & Griffin series. Historical crime and a bit paranormal spooky adventures featureing a wonderful couple of lovebirds.

I enjoyed - another good one in this series.

***********************************************************

The former Pinkerton Detective, Mr Griffin Flaherty, is a quite newcomer
Ms. Smartarse
You've been dating for almost a year now, things are just fine, and you're even living together. Granted, you may have to get a bit creative when it comes to fooling the maid, but this is the 19th century and your relationship isn't exactly legal. In any case, it's now time to meet your boyfriend's parents... and not tell them anything of importance, because they have rather incriminating antecedents.

Squirrel hyperventillanting

But then the parents show up with a fiance-candidate in tow, you start having lucid hallucinatio
☙ percy ❧
have you ever wanted h.p. lovecraft but with longer stories and more gay?? of course you have!!! well, now you can live your dreams with the whyborne & griffin series by jordan l. hawk, which is fast becoming one of my favourite fantasy series ever.

if you don't read it, cthulhu will drag you into the deep and you will never be seen again. you have been warned.
Miriam
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Solid, although dealing with too many serious issues (abuse of patients in asylums, the grief of people who are rejected by their families for homosexuality, women's difficulty in obtaining education) to be classed as a fun light read.
Kaje Harper
This series continues to be one great ride, with a nice blend of adventure, paranormal, and period romance. This installment brings Griffin face to face with an echo of his greatest nightmares, an insane asylum like the one in which he was unjustly imprisoned before coming to Widdershins. As he works on the case of a murdered man, despite the looming shadows of that experience, he encounters one of the very men who kept him there, and must face difficult memories.

Whyborne has troubles of his own
Vivian
Sep 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-pn
All about Griffin.

The third saga of Whyborne and Griffin has the usual chills and thrills with a gruesome murder that leads them to try and prove a colleague's innocence. A relic, some supernatural shenanigans and a family visit all keep one entertained. But, their relationship is tested and words are spoken.

Words are spoken. Yeah, Whyborne's been meddling with his spells again and--Whammy! Good times. Nice take on the foe in this one. Who's the monster???

Wished there was more action and less p
Richard Derus
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindled, quiltbag
My Young Gentleman Caller buys me these. He does it because 1) it earns him major points against problematic behaviors elsewhere and B) he gets to read them too. All readers of romance do it because it's a way of deriving satisfaction not ordinarily available in the real world.
I’m here because I wish to be. Because I love you as you are, right now, today.

Everyone breathing wants to hear that. How many of you have? Ever? And here it is in black and white, clear and unambiguous. Stated as fact fro
Amy Lane
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore Griffin and Whyborne, and their freaky, supernatural nexus of a town. The historical details were spot on and the characters both charmed me and moved me. I love this series, and I adore this author's deft touch and quirky mind.
Meags
4 Stars

Herein lies another fun, spooky and wildly romantic addition to the Whyborne & Griffin series.

This installment follows Whyborne, Griffin, and the always fierce and fabulous Christine, as they work to save a museum colleague, after he is arrested for the murder of his uncle and locked away in the terrible Stormhaven asylum.

The asylum setting proved adequately creepy, as well as troublesome for poor, dear Griffin, who was forced to relive many of his own horrible and traumatic memorie
Chris
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed enjoying this paranormal/ historical series. I really feel for Whybourne & Griffin that they can't express their love for each other in public due to the scandal that would be caused in these times but I'm glad that both men have now clearly chosen each other rather than their small minded families. This episode revolved around Stormhaven - the lunatic asylum and really brought back some terrible memories for Griffin. Of course drama and magic prevails and these two find their ...more
Gina
The exhilarating ride continues in book 3 of this series. How many OMG’s can I write and not have them sound tired, but I really do love this series. OMG OMG OMG!

In this book Whyborne, Griffin and Christine run into a friend of Whyborne’s running down the street screaming for help covered in blood and not knowing how it got there. Well the local police to put the man in an Asylum, (Stormhaven) deciding he is mad because he can’t remember what happened. The man’s brother reaches out to Griffin f
Jenni Lea
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

These just keep getting better and better.
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

"Screams and howls rose from every room, the madmen struggling against their bindings or slamming into the doors, as if in a panic to get out before the monster in their dreams erupted into reality.”

See this one was always going to freak me out. Asylums and the 1800’s? Scary!! Add a new cult, nightmares from the sea, more information about Griffin and a trip from his parents?

‘Stormhaven’ had a lot going on and I think this one is another favourite in the series for me, not least of all because t
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

Thoroughly enjoyable series that has so far, consistently delivered on the mystery, the fear factor, and the smart writing. What also counts significantly is the relationship between Whyborne and Griffin, which is only further strengthened, the depth of their feelings now firmly known and cemented in this installment.

This go around Whyborne and Griffin, along with the unflappable Christine, try to prove a man’s innocence in a most suspicious murder. Nobody does prim and proper better tha
Sofia

Good to be back with Why and Griff.

Quite a creeepppy come back with Whybourne in the grip of hypnotic siren call of the underwater depths and Griffin having to face his past at each turn.

I enjoyed reading this very worthy instalment in this series. Together with deep sea exploration, we also delved deeper in the inner workings of their relationship. To see them dealing with circumstances, which hit them where it hurts, and flared up their insecurities. The places where, doubts and jealousy pre
Isabel
Knowing that there will be more books of this series is a relief! I'm addicted, there's nothing I can do (or want to do)...

I love these books... I love the characters, the plot, the magic, being scared and the way I can't stop reading it!

In this book, Whyborne improves his magical skills and he has some hilarious inner thoughts! We know some more of Griffin's past, and how much he suffered in the asylum... No wonder why he is so broken... but he has by his side the strength of the man he loves.
Karen
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy hell!!! This was one freaking good read!!!

Ok so here's me roaring through these books dealing with the whole aliens, monsters and who knows what that are coming at me and I'm enjoying it...a lot! Or at least I thought I was and then I read 'Stormhaven' and now I know. I've just been reading the warm up.

This for me was superb!!! I loved it. Oh there were still monsters, demons or whatever you want to call them. Only this time they were more abstract and only made a very small appearance in
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
°•○★5 Stars ~ KAPOW!★○•°
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!! Give yourself plenty of time, settle into your comfiest chair, and prepare to be consumed by the latest uncanny adventures of the incomparable Whyborne & Griffin. This book rocked my world!! Reading it was like watching a 3D movie on a huge screen. Jordan L. Hawk advances the awesomeness of these intrepid lovers while gifting us with another unforgettable tale.

I am ecstatic to have had the opportunity to review a
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Packaged within and winding its way through this entire book is a simple thing: a story about love and trust, brought to irresistible life in the form of Ival & Griffin. That love and trust is respected and relied upon. No cheap or faulty assumptions that lead to transparently lame avoidance and temporary abandonment – no stomp-aways here, people. Their time together is treated like the complex, joyful, sexy and meaningful thing that it is.

A new, if somewhat fledgling, development is Whybo
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
Reread review 3/20/19:

The dweller in the deep and the first hint of things to come, and I'm getting a little impatient for those things to finally show up, lol. Amelie is a favorite minor character here (view spoiler)

I didn't realize, given the time between reading the various books, that (view spoiler)
Mel
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genre-sff
Stormhaven was perfection on several levels for me, but Whyborne and Griffin themselves stole the show, there’s no doubt.

Let me begin with my delight over how they have grown in their relationship. They actually talked and fought, the just assuming and misunderstanding has come to an end. Hallelujah! #LetUsKillAllAngst

We learn awful, really awful things about Griffin’s past with the asylum. It was heartbreaking, but it felt like heaven seeing Whyborne taking care of him, giving everything, lovin
Rhys Ford
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have had the immense pleasure of reading the Whyborne and Griffin series as they have come out. And I truly mean the IMMENSE Pleasure.

Jordan L. Hawk is a master at building a world of intrigue and elegant paranormal nuances then fills it with vibrant, heartbreakingly interesting characters. Whyborne, the point-of-view in the series, is a strong, quirky man trapped by a Victorian sensibility and norms. He also happens to be in the middle of every single paranormal storm blowing his way. His com
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
Stormhaven Sweetness!

The Pocket Watch and oOh My Gosh♥

My review disappeared this is a re-cap of what I remember.

I love this book...

Because, this is really true love story with a sweet diversity intertwined in the tale.

♥ The Writing was Tight

♥ The Plot was Solid~

♥ The MC's and their Romance was Adorable and Beautifully Written.

♥And again in this book, my favorite part was the romance and the gift of the pocket watch...you'll see....and oOh my gosh, when he said...

"I may not be able to take yo
Ann
These stories are SO DAMN fun! And by fun, I mean, crazy creepy and sexy as all hell. I finished listening to this audiobook today and I was so bummed when it was over. For me to describe the story, it would be me wrecking it. It would sound over the top, but the way it is written and the way the characters are portrayed I get sucked into their world and believe every little thing they tell me.

Griffin and Whyborne are the perfect pairing, add Christine to the mix and I'm in story heaven. This i
Trio
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book, mm
Wow - that was really intense. She really pushed the boundaries with all the details of the insane asylums from that period in our history. The thought of what they did to people back then is just horrible - poor Griffin! How do you recover from something like that?

Anyway, clearly five stars - this is such a marvelous series, so beautifully written and absolutely flawlessly narrated and produced by Julian G. Simmons.
BR #3 Stormhaven - June 18 - Ingela, Bev, Sofia and.... 64 18 Jun 26, 2014 06:28AM
  • Remnant: A Caldwell & Feximal/Whyborne & Griffin Mystery (The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal, #3; Whyborne & Griffin, #3.5)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
  • Another Place in Time
  • Tinsel Fish (Tyack & Frayne, #2)
  • Beguiled (Enlightenment, #2)
Jordan L. Hawk is a non-binary queer author from North Carolina. Childhood tales of mountain ghosts and mysterious creatures gave them a life-long love of things that go bump in the night. When they aren’t writing, they brew their own beer and try to keep the cats from destroying the house. Their best-selling Whyborne & Griffin series (beginning with Widdershins) can be found in print, ebook, ...more

Whyborne & Griffin (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Widdershins (Whyborne & Griffin, #1)
  • Threshold (Whyborne & Griffin, #2)
  • Necropolis (Whyborne & Griffin, #4)
  • Bloodline (Whyborne & Griffin, #5)
  • Hoarfrost (Whyborne & Griffin, #6)
  • Maelstrom (Whyborne & Griffin, #7)
  • Fallow (Whyborne & Griffin, #8)
  • Draakenwood  (Whyborne & Griffin, #9)
  • Balefire (Whyborne & Griffin, #10)
  • Deosil (Whyborne & Griffin, #11)
“If the director fired everyone here who might go mad, half the museum would be depopulated", Christine replied. She exaggerated, of course - I felt fairly confident less than a quarter of those who worked here could reasonably be said to have taken leave of their sanity at some point or another. The library staff would be rather decimated, though.” 11 likes
“That would be quite the headline: Niles Whyborne’s Son Run Over by Own Train. Father would probably raise me from the dead just so he could kill me himself.” 10 likes