Start by marking “Dragon Bond” as Want to Read:

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  603 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
General Zala Shaylinor has led her troops against the dragons since they first invaded her homeland. Respected by her soldiers and wielder of a powerful storm blade, she’s a dedicated warrior who would never seek out love in the middle of a war. All she wants is for her people to be able to walk the world without fear again.

But when a captured prisoner turns out to be a d
Published October 22nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Bond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Bond

Mei
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I love Ms. Lionsdrake (and Ms. Buroker's too) books!!!

She has a way with words that appeal to me; the beautiful balance between the hotness and the action/adventure!

I has a slight problem here, but it is really a very, very small one: I cannot immagine how she will reconcile the human and the dragons... I know that the relationship between Zala and Talon is pointing in that direction, but I think that some minor miracle should occur and I just want to continue reading and find out what Ms. Lions
Marianne
I'm afraid I have to disagree with all the 4 and 5 star reviews of this novel, too me it was just a decent(ish) read.

Kudos for making Talon fall for the older human female instead of the pretty, young one. Seriously though, there is insta-lust and then there is ridiculous insta-lust. Talon's peen reacts to Zala the first time he sees her in his human guise. Granted, he's met her in battle whilst in his dragon form, but still...

There was something simplistic and juvenile about this story. Despite
Hollie
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love the idea of a badass leading female and this book certainly had that. The story and characters were likeable. I'll check out more of this.writers work.
Mike
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've long been a fan of this author's other persona, Lindsay Buroker, and while the space opera written as Ruby Lionsdrake doesn't appeal to me for some reason, I'm always up for dragons. When I saw this on a promotion, I thought I'd give it a try.

It was fully up to the usual standard, and had the familiar elements: competent characters in a situation that threatens to overwhelm their level of competence, bantering, bickering, and ultimately uniting against a major threat. The difference is tha
marz
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Interesting story, but a bit disappointing that Talon was immediately attracted and devoted to the heroine. I expected more tension and animosity between enemies, but it was easily explained away by their honourable actions on the battlefield leading to mutual respect and trust. Still a decent book for the fantasy romance genre.
Alexandra
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1018
Now I need book two!
Heike
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, r-rated
Imprisoned by his own kind a dragon finds himself as a slave in a human form. A female human general frees him for the promise of his help in the fight of the humans against the dragons.
I guess these people do not have many trust issues, however, the story is well told and the tension and action makes it a page turner.
Anna
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Such a treat, catching this on sale for 99 cents! Ruby Lionsdrake/Lindsay Buroker never disappoints with her perfect blend of fantasy, adventure, and romance. The coffee-bean-popping heroine was fun and the soul-searching dragon-shifter lead was perfect. My only slight regret --- there's no author's note to let me know if this is the first book in a new series or merely a standalone. Either way, it was a delight...but I want more!
Navdha
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5?

I love books with dragons and I love Lindsay Buroker's writing but this just wasn't my cup of tea. Even though there was no insta-love just insta-lust lol and it had a decent plot line, it didn't work out for me. I don't think I'll be continuing with the series.
A.M.
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, i-own
General Zala Shaylinor is forty, scarred and a little tired of the war that started when dragons came through a portal into their world to hunt humans. But as she carries one of the magic blades - the only things that can cut through dragon scale - she keeps fighting. Zala doesn’t know the dragons are fleeing a battle of their own. In their world, they are the smallest dragons. Here, they are strong.
Zala and her friends Salena and Vorkan have stopped battling dragons to try and free some human s
Literati Literature Lovers
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Steamy Dragon Love Story

First I want to say I want more of this world Ruby Lionsdrake created, as the end of this book left room for more stories. Second, I adored that the female lead was a woman, mature and a leader of her people. Third the 'dragon' was alpha and vulnerable at the same time as he was in human form. So great characters exploration.
The relationship between Zala and Thorn the dragon jumped to the physical quickly. I like a good romp, but I adore the quiet moments of the charact
Pauline
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I actually finished this a while back, but I'm really behind on my reviews. This was a short romance, based around an alt-history where interdimensional dragons have found their way to earth and taken over at least one continent. I think the technology puts the book at around WW2 era...? I liked both the main characters, with the only flaw imo being that were attracted to each other much, much too quickly (but that's probably to be expected with a romance novella that's also trying to follow a s ...more
Cc
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, ebook
Zala and Talon

Their country/world has been invaded by shape-shifting dragons. The five year war has killed millions of people, the few remaining have gone underground. The last resistance fighters are led by their General Zala, who welds a magic dragon-sensing sword. When she frees slaves from the mines she also finds a dragon who is trapped in human form. Talon agrees to provide a map of the dragon's mountain headquarters in exchange for his freedom from the mines and his magic collar that keep
Andre
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
So I quickly read this last night...

There are not enough hours to read in darn it! I loved the storyline. The characters are strong with distinct personalities, that, given more time could grow. I would love to read more of this particular set of people and how they come to live together. I would love to see the outcome of certain joinings and the results there of.

:^)
Cori  Miller
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I usually don’t mind when there’s some instalove going on in a book, but when we don’t even get to see the characters interact for more than a few pages, and then the heroine announces out of no where that she might be “falling for” the male interest, it just doesn’t feel realistic. I found myself skimming the pages, which I never do, and actually looking forward to the ending. I absolutely love dragon novels, but this one was a little bit of a let down.
Darren Gray
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book.

Another great read by ruby, this author has definitely made it to the top of my list. I had a hard time getting any work done while reading it, kept finding excuses to read instead 😁 Since the overall word conflict has not been resolved, I hope she will write more in this word. Salena seems like she needs someone 😏😉
Badh
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this author, both under this name and under her other pen name. This is a great book with a really interesting premise and I wish that she would write more of them because I want to have more about Zala and Talon.
Llaph | No Frill | No Shill
I like it when she has a character who is not the norm for heroines ... the older battle-worn female in a leader position who thinks she is too old for love.
Really cute and I wouldn't mind a sequel in this world.
Shieldmaiden Darcy
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m a sucker for sweet love stories.

I’m an even bigger sucker for love stories where both the lead an the heart throb are tough. Dragons, swords, magic, and female generals. All the good stuff.
Jen
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story from one of my favorite authors. I can't wait for the next in the series.
Tami
Mar 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Boring. And too much fascination with the dragon's penis.

I had too skim a lot in the end, because it got so tedious.

It had a fair shot at an original world-building, but the "hotness" ruined that as well.
The characters remained pale and stereotypical.

Kelly
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book pretty much hit the spot with me. Well-respected general stumbles over a sexy, tortured dragon while freeing slaves. Feeling a pull to him, she negotiates his help in bringing down the very dragon who put him in the slave pens. Naturally, things aren't quite that cut and dried since her soldiers don't trust him and she's caught between wondering if he's there to seduce her into a trap. There's also the lingering question about whether Talon will hold true to his word if she releases hi ...more
Felicia Dozier
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Talon

It was okay but it ended to quickly. The author could have expand more on the battle with the dragons.
Rachel Smart
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

This is a great story. Dragons have have come to General Zala's world and have been fight the humans. When a Dragon "Talon" who has been leading the invasion expresses an option to make a treaty with the humans and stop fighting he is sent to a prison to "rethink" his opinion. General Zala rescues the prison came and finds him there. She is able to strike a bargain with him (info for freedom). There is a pull of attraction that Talon doesn't understand. He has been in the prison bound i
Elle
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Wyrdness
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

Some nice ideas and characters, but the world-building was rather threadbare and I wasn't thrilled with the insta-attraction, especially considering how inappropriate it was (view spoiler). Also the ending was pretty abrupt as if the author just couldn't think of a convincing way out
Kara Prem
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dragons have come through a portal to a new world where they are the only dragons (versus the larger dragons hunting them in their past world). They virtually wipe out humans on one continent, and the self declared King wants to enslave the whole world. One dragon, Talon, opposes and is sentenced to work in the jewel mines in the form of a human.

Zala is a human general leading a raid on the mines, she frees the human slaves along with Talon and convinces him to help her try to destroy the king.
Kat W
I'm afraid this book was not for me. If you're looking for insta-attraction and insta-lust-romance, this book may be for you. I prefer a slower paced storyline and stronger relationship building that has more than one or two instances to endear the characters to each other. The romance didn't feel earned and I'm not sure I got much closure overall. I did like the action descriptions and the world building had good potential (it reminded me of the Dragons Blood series's first book with more steam ...more
Rachael Chua
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

My attention was snagged in the prologue, my curiosity piqued in the first chapter, and completely engrossed and invested by the third. Ruby Lionsdrake has created an interesting and detailed new world where the dragons have invaded the planet and the humans are putting up a fight. The characters find themselves questioning their allegiances, morals, and of course romantic feelings for the enemy. A perfectly spun tale with action and romance. Hopefully this will be the first of many.
Amber
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dragon Bond

If you're looking for a warm read about adventure and conflicted lust, this book is for you. I was very happy with the quality as it's a kindle unlimited book. I loved the adventure of the book and the premise, but the bond between the two "in love" characters was forced. There sure was an illustrated development of lust that the author immediately and unnaturally turned into love.