Start by marking “Sire (Beautiful Monsters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sire (Beautiful Monsters, #2)

Sire

(Beautiful Monsters #2)

“Because love is the easiest way to control someone and I needed a way to control you.”

Still mending a broken heart, Matthew has spent a year avoiding incubi and their army of hunters.

Now he has a new goal: lift the shroud on his past. Why had he been turned and abandoned by his sire? Why didn’t he feel the initial bond between sire and child that vampires
Published October 20th 2016 by Jex Lane

To ask other readers questions about Sire, please sign up.
Jex Lane I've had readers telling me Goodreads sent out an announcement saying Sire was released. I had nothing to do with that. Sire is not out yet. When it's…moreI've had readers telling me Goodreads sent out an announcement saying Sire was released. I had nothing to do with that. Sire is not out yet. When it's released I'll be sending out a newsletter announcement. =)

Edit: It's out now! (less)

Start your review of Sire (Beautiful Monsters, #2)
Claudia Ramírez
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
MATTHEW WHY. SAM TOLD YOU IT WAS BETTER NOT TO GO, WHYYYYYY.

I'm crying angry tears. This is so unfair. Poor Matthew. Poor Devak. Poor MY HEART.

PS. This book was SO. GOOD.

Nazanin
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2016
4.5 Stars

WTH, Jex Lane!?! Seriously??? You gave me what I wanted just for crushing it later at the very end!!!! Now I not only hate Tarrick but also hate all of the incubi army for what they did to Matthew, for what they did to his guardian! HATE them! I hope you find a way and have created a witch or a weird creature in book three to resurrect him! Please! I thought Matthew found his happiness, something that he deserved but then at the very end you took that happiness away and replaced it with
Shin Mon Thway
I thought the first book rocks and the second one is even better. We meet with many new characters and the storyline is a bit different from book one. While the first book focused on how Matthew was captured by Incubi and how he fell for assh*le General Tarrick, we now have a new MC who I absolutely adore. And it picks up right from where the first one ended.

After escaping from the imprisonment of Incubi with the help of vampire Lord Ascelina, Matthew had been roaming around searching for so
Jex Lane
Sire: Beautiful Monsters Vol. II has been released!
Dia
5 huge stars

I thought the first book, Captive, was awesome, but the second was even better.

We get a lot of action, so many fights, unexpected turns and less romance. But I loved it way more than the first one. I got to love Devak and Sam. I was so glued to the pages that I sneaked and read on my phone at the office. It's really addictive! When I couldn't read I kept thinking about it. The world building is amazing!

Unfortunately I've stumbled upon some spoilers before finishing the book and I
Sara
Why!!!!! Why!!!! That ending!!! o___O
Just kill me now!!! Hasn't Matthew suffered enough?!!!! My poor Devak!!!!! (TT)

Please Tarrick!!!! Be useful for once and help our boy!!!!!

I need more!!!!!!

4.5 Stars!!!

Awesome book!!!! If I liked Captive, Sire has stole my heart!!

Love all the action, the mystery and the new characters. The tense moments between our boys, the sweet moments with Sam, and the sexy times with Devak.

But damn, I have suffered with Matthew too.
And that ending, just broke my heart!!
Lorraine Lesar
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fucklogy came out to play big time in this second book. As did, shitastrophy, dumbfuckery and certainly, assholian (yes Tarrick, I’m talking about you).
I thought book 1 was irr-fucking-tated, this one took the gold medal and left book 1 in its wake.
I’m normally on the ball with books, not this one though. I never knew what was coming next? I felt like I had just gone 10 rounds with Tyson Fury, I’m now officially punch drunk on overload.
My head is not only spinning, it’s mushed with that WTF
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
*Had expected something...more*

We're back with vampire and incubus, Matthew Callahan (41?, though changed at 32). Free from the High Lord incubus General Tarrick (thousand-years-old), Matthew is on the run, hiding from the incubus as they want to re-capture him to use him as a weapon. After the freedom he start with the vampire who saved him for four months until he couldn't stand them any longer as most hated him and wasn't afraid to say so. Since then, he traveled across the country in
Deborah
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This review is going to be short because I seriously need to start the next book now.

Sire is probably even better than the previous book Captive (and yes you must read Captive first).
This book has all the best elements of the previous book plus Devak (who’s brilliant) and Samantha (who’s cute and funny) plus Jet (who’s adorable).
It’s brilliant, it never lets up and yes Matthew finds his sire and discovers the identity of his mother.

The ending is awful, seriously awful and if the next book wasn’t
Donna
Argh, terrible cliffhanger! And someone I grew to love in the story died! Poor Matthew, he still never catches a break. Lots of action in this story, less romance, but the story was so good anyway. Have to wait for the third book to be released early next year. This book was so way better than the first one, despite the way it ended. I hope Matthew will get his love story somehow in the next book.
Wynne Katherine
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Well holy.fucking.shit

What a fucking ride. This book was even better than the last, way way way better imo.

And I don't know about you, but I'm shipping Matthew with Devak. I rarely ever ship the main character with someone who was later added into the series, but fucking hell if Tarrick isn't a piece of hot shit. I don't know why but overtime, the more that I read, the more this "relationship" between Tarrick and Matthew feels like an abusive one than one that is made out of feeling of love.

A
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
After starting book one this morning and finishing it, I could not wait to start book two, I had to order in because I couldn't spend the few minutes I needed to cook away from this book. I loved Devark, I don't even know what else to say. After that ending I was reading to jump into book three but I see book four is yet to be released, I am going to try my best to put off reading book three until there's a release date for it. It's not hard to do because right now my heart is broken. Thanks a ...more
Micah
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My star rating may change in a few days. I think I have the post-good book glow & my emotions are running high. So a year or 2 ago, I read the 1st book in this series & despised it. Matthew is literally tortured by Tarrick but ends up falling in love with him. I genuinely hate the trope of someone falling for their abuser. So Idk what the hell made me read this book... but... it pains me to admit it... but I’m glad I did? I mean the action, the gore, the adventure, the suspense, there’s ...more
Bookreader87(Amanda)

F THIS BOOK!

F THIS ENDING!

F TARRICK & F MATTHEW!!

Why? Why? Why?!!

(view spoiler)

Dammit bring on book 3...
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.5 Stars

So, I liked the first one; I thought the world-building and mythology was very interesting and the characters engaging (even if I wasn't impressed with the Matthew/Tarrick "relationship")...but I wasn't really feeling the overwhelming adoration for this series that seemed to come from every reviewer on my feed.

Yeah, I totally get it now.

Where I was meandering through Book 1, never really all that invested, with this one OMFG I couldn't put it down, even though I was dog tired. I fell
Kindle Alexander
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hands down, Jex Lane has built a world equal to the greatest authors of the paranormal genre. This series came as a referral from a friend who pushed me to read. Thankfully, I listened because I was so clearly missing out. This entire series is full of twists and turns that Jex so artfully lays out, I just flat don't see them coming - the Beautiful Monsters series is so great and so original and so consuming, I recommend you stop what you are reading and give this series a try whether you're a ...more
Mamacita Slacum
This series is very original. Book 1 Wowed me, book #2 still held my interest & I will be moving forward in this series. I did love Captive more than Sire. However the author still found twist & managed to surprise me. Have loved seeing the development in characters. This book is still one of the more interesting books I've read. There were things I loved, things I didn't. But that happens with most books. Start this series. You won't be disappointed.
Sanaa
5 stars.

HOLY SHIT.

WHAT. NO.

OMG.

*sobs*

Poor Devak. And Matthew.

My f*cking heart is shattered.

I just can't deal with anything right now. *sobs even harder*

This series is one of the best I've read this year, hands down.
Jill
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!
Santy
THIS BOOK! GAH! SOOO GOOOOOOD!

I absolutely loved everything about it! It drained me so emotionally that at that very heartbreaking end, I teared up. It was so friggin sad that Just when Matthew seems to be getting happy, everything goes to hell.

And with that CLIFFHANGER as an ending, I’m moving right on to the next.. I’m so glad I have book 3 at hand because I don’t know what I would’ve done to myself had it not been already available...
Fani *loves angst*
Amazing. Unstoppable action with lots of heartache but little romance. There's a love triangle that spiced things up (when the action didn't, which was seldom anyway). I've been unable to put these books down all weekend and I'm moving right now to the next one. Once more though, this is
not a series for anyone, there's a lot of gore,violence and sleeping around with any genre -male or female- going on.
Pippa DaCosta
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a picky reader. I can't help it. Because I spend my days writing/editing, I'm very difficult to please when it comes to reading. At the end of 2017, I DNF a lot of books that I don't track on GR for obvious reasons. I was in a reading slump and it sucked.

But this series...? Dayam, it's SO good. Thank you, Jex Lane, for creating a fabulous world and populating it with tantalizing characters. The writing is superb, the pace is perfect (not too fast, not too slow - never a dull moment), it's
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Full Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the author. This has in no way influenced my review. Quotes used in this review were from an ARC and may be different in the final book.*

This book was kind of different from the first because, whereas the first book was all sex and violence and torture and not knowing who to trust, this one was kind of quirky and funny and focused more on Matthew's newly acquired ragtag band of misfits/strange little family. And though this book took an
Lala
4.5 stars.

Everything I expected, and then some more. What can I say, I love Matthew, in all his Mary-Sue glory, and I loved how he stood up for himself in this book. I still despise Tarrick, and can't wait for the next book and the adventures it will bring.
Aղցela W.
This was book 2 in the " Beautiful Monsters" series. Matthew has spent a year avoiding incubi and their army of hunters because he has a broken heart. This was a really good read that I liked this series only got better with this book. This book introduced some new characters like Devak "the blood guardian". I really liked them together and how Devak was so submissive to Matthew, despite being so powerful himself. I also liked Sam the oracle I liked her and most of the things predicted came ...more
Andersón.
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for book 3
Zaey
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5/5 stars.

The ending of this book was fucking brutal..like can my dude Mathew get a break god damn it!
jessica ☾
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I first started reading the second installment, I was a little put off and definitely didn’t think it would live up to my expectations after finishing the first. But oh boy was I wrong. I couldn’t put it down for a second, and that ending??? I’m deceased.
Mimizuka  (Pia)
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dagajaihsjskwojduaydg!!!!

I CAN'T WITH THIS ENDING!!

I finished this book like an hour ago, it's after 2 am and I can't sleep because I can't fricking stop thinking about what happened here!
My poor heart just broke!! I'm ANGRY AND SAD AND POOR MATTHEW!!

And the next book is called BROKEN! I have the feeling I'm going to cry my eyes out tomorrow when I'm reading it in a 4 hour bus drive I have to take, I'll scare all the other passengers and it will be all Jex Lane fault
Javi reads and reads and reads
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, read-2019
I want to see all incubi burn

• Silk & Steel (Silk and Steel #1)
  • Iron & Fire (Silk and Steel, #2)
  • Blood & Ice (Silk and Steel #3)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • The Chimera (Bound Gods, #1)
  • Exhale (Flesh and Bone, #1)
  • Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)
  • Chained (Bound Gods, #2)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • NoX
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
  • Sinister Hunger (Bloodstream #1)
  • Pendulum (Kingdom of Night, #1)
  • Dominion (Gods and Slaves, #1)
  • Chosen: Episode One (The Demon Gate, #1)
  • Liminality (Kingdom of Night, #2)
  • That Irresistible Poison (Calluvia's Royalty, #2)
  • Bleed (Flesh and Bone, #2)
Quick update: I don't buzz around Goodreads anymore, but I am really active on Facebook. So if you want to connect with me, you can find me there. Thanks, BeMos!

~~~

I enjoy writing about hidden worlds full of vampire hunters, epic battles, steamy sex, and, of course, beautiful monsters. Join me on Facebook and say hi! I don't bite…I let my vampires do that for me.

Get Pearl and the Dread King for

Beautiful Monsters (4 books)
  • Captive (Beautiful Monsters #1)
  • Broken (Beautiful Monsters, #3)
  • Blood Prince (Beautiful Monsters, #4)
“You always tell such beautiful lies” 4 likes
“What was with everyone and laces lately? Was something wrong with just a plain t-shirt?” 0 likes