Start by marking “Not Quite Free (Lowcountry Mysteries #9)” as Want to Read:
Not Quite Free (Lowcountry Mysteries #9)

Not Quite Free

(Lowcountry Mysteries #9)

4.61  ·  Rating details ·  136 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
This will be the 9th installment in the Lowcountry Mystery series. It all starts with "Not Quite Dead," which you can read for free!
Published January 10th 2017 by Author Published

To ask other readers questions about Not Quite Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Quite Free

Jamie Davis
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Clock is Ticking...and Her Life Is On the Line

The Lowcountry mystery series is, without a doubt, my favorite mystery series. Lyla Payne never ceases to pull me into each book with a tether that doesn’t release me for weeks after I’ve turned the last page.

Gracie’s looming trial spreads palpable tension and a feeling of dread as the clock ticks closer to conviction she’s sure to face. No matter the success the planted evidence seems to be, the danger is far from over, and Gracie is forced to f
Elisa Hordon
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another thrilling Lowcountry Mystery.

What I loved the most was Gracie putting herself first for once even if she did have a few pity party days I think after everything she has been through that's ok...lol at least she can express her feelings I really enjoyed how Gracie evolved more in this one it was more about her than her relationships.

I also loved the history learning more about her family and local ghosts that is one of the main reasons I keep coming back to this series it fascinates me.

I
Betty
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has characters you can fall in love with because of the closeness of the friendships. Gracie just semi-broke up with Beau. There is a lot of uncertainty about their relationship in the future. But, Gracie realizes her feelings for Leo. Are they true feelings or just feelings of familiarity of the friendship of their relationship? Do you ruin a lifetime of friendship for a romance? There are several attempts on Gracie’s life. Who is behind these attempt’s? There is also a creepy ghost t ...more
Jacquelyn
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great installment for Graciela Harper! Not Quite Free delves more into Grace's father's family tree and the history behind those relatives who have the "gift" and those who don't. While so far a lot of the dangers Gracie has faced were of the ghost variety, this book shifts away from that and creates a lot of real world threats that are different but definitely exciting. As for Grace's love life, I have to say the breakup with Beau was for the best. Although I really liked him, it's nice ...more
Jamie Lynn
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Miss Lyla never fails!
Gracie is amazing, per usual!
Always a cliff hanger!
Always planting little seeds that grow into huge storylines later!
Always a cliffhanger!
AND AS ALWAYS MISS LYLA PAYNE ALWAYS LEAVES YOU WANTING MORE!
Every couple days wondering when you’ll be reading Gracie’s crazy, lovely and inspiring rollercoaster ride of a life! And the rollercoaster ride of the lives of everyone in Heron Creek.
Brandy Barber
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good and scary

This book scared the crap out of me. I could not read it at night for fear of what was lurking in the shadows. Very good and we'll written. I am sad about Gracie having to all question some of her friendships. She really is strong and hard headed. Nice to see some everyday life getting in the story. I have so many questions about how the next book is going to go. Look forward to the plot twist.
Debbie Stephens
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just devour these books once I start. I have come to feel for and cheer for Grace throughout this series. She brings a lot on herself, but her intentions are good in trying to help people. Love this series and can’t wait until the next book is available. Good to see her thinking/contemplating her relationship with Leo. Definitely Team Leo!!
Jamie
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Read

I love this series and can't wait for the next book. It's a great story and keeps you interested book after book
Sandra Lancaster
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another great book in the series. I'm loving the turn that Gracie's life is taking. Some things are resolved, but as usual there are many more questions. So looking forward to the next book in the series. I could read about Gracie for years.
Abby Legrange
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gracie and Heron Creek always deliver

These characters and this town pull at my heart strings. This installment took new and unexpected twists and turns and I can't wait for the next one!!
Cindy Mathis
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite Gracie book yet! Yes, shes nursing a broken heart after breaking up with Beau, she's on trial for murdering her father and the creepiest ghost yet keeps popping up, but Gracie is growing by leaps and bounds. She's taking the bull by the horns, not feeling too sorry for herself and is prepared to shape her own life.

Lyla Payne has found a way to resolve some of the problems in Gracie's story, while leaving the reader with a sense of peace that while things may not turn out lik
Ashlee Thatcher
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gracie is nursing her broken heart, while trying to unravel her families secrets and find herself. The book, in the arc of the series, is still building up for the final books, so focuses a lot of finding out information to frame the remaining books.

As always the story is well written, and leaves you wanting more! More questions will have you begging for the next release to find out if life in Heron Creek will ever settle back down for these characters, who feel like friends.
Heather
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another thrilling installment of the Lowcountry mystery series. It was a real page turner! I really can't wait for the next book, primarily because I still can't shake the feeling that the resolution of the big mystery, still isn't completely over. Not to mention Leo and Beau, and Millie and Brick... so much to look forward to and so much more...
Leigh Gwin
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!

I have loved every book in this series. This one was a bit more melancholy than those before it, but I appreciate the author's ability & willingness to write a series in which the characters change and grow rather than basically writing the same book over and over. Like always, I can't wait for the next!
Cindy
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great book in a wonderful series.
Sherinel Matter
Feb 15, 2017
Juliana Andaku
Jan 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I've been publishing New Adult romance novels for a little over a year, starting with Broken at Love and continuing with the rest of the Whitman University series. I adore telling stories, discovering the little reasons people fall in love, and uncovering hidden truths in the world around us – past and present.

In my spare time I cuddle my two dogs, pretend to enjoy exercising so that I can eat as

Lowcountry Mysteries (9 books)
  • Not Quite Dead (Lowcountry Mysteries, #1)
  • Not Quite Cold (Lowcountry Mysteries, #2)
  • Not Quite True  (Lowcountry Mysteries, #3)
  • Not Quite Gone (Lowcountry Mysteries, #4)
  • Not Quite Clear (A Lowcountry Mystery, #5)
  • Not Quite Right (Lowcountry Mysteries #6)
  • Not Quite Mine (Lowcountry Mysteries #7)
  • Not Quite Alive (Lowcountry Mysteries #8)