Start by marking “Turn (Gentry Generations #2)” as Want to Read:
Turn (Gentry Generations #2)

Turn

(Gentry Generations #2)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  2,443 Ratings  ·  223 Reviews
TURN is coming....
January 12th, 2018

TURN (Gentry Generations)
By Cora Brent
I’m determined to leave my mistakes in the past and turn things around.
These days I’m back in school, I’m surrounded by my wonderful, crazy family and I’m working for my dad.
Then Curtis Mulligan happens.
A supposedly reformed gang member from the rundown prison town where my folks grew up, Curtis l
296 pages
Published (first published January 12th 2018)

Deborah

My 3* are for Curtis.

I really liked the blurb and cover for this and while I hadn’t been exactly overwhelmed by the previous book Strike I was looking forward to this one.

When Cassie looks at Curtis she sees a tattooed bad boy who looks tired from partying all night. When Curtis looks at Cassie he sees a beautiful spoilt girl with a perfect life.
Both are wrong.
While Curtis certainly used to be a bad boy now he’s struggling to keep his brothers together, fed and safe. On the surface Cassie’s lif
Sabrina
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Turn takes readers back to the Gentry family with Cassie Gentry. Feeling a little lost in her life she takes a job at her dad's tattoo shop for the summer. Which puts her right in the path of Curtis Mulligan, her dad's new hire and her new fantasy.

Cassie and Curtis had a fun story and I liked that they both kind of underestimated the other. Curtis thinking Cassie was nothing more than her father's spoiler princess, and she thinking Curtis was a rude wanna-be b
Jewel Ann
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love a story with such strong family roots. This is my first Gentry book, and I can't wait to go back and start from the beginning.

Curtis stole my heart from the start—the brother stepping into the parenting role. Gah! Sexy. Hard-working. And he knew when it was time to swallow his pride and accept help. Strong but humble.

The slow burn between Cassie and Curtis left me flying from one page to the next. A heartfelt and sexy story with an outstanding cast of characters. Thank you, C
Melissa
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Authors! PLEASE understand that internal monologues and excessive detail are not what the reader wishes to endure page, after page, after page. I bet I skimmed through 75% of the book trying to get to character dialogue. Ugh! This took too much away from the story for me and made it less enjoyable. For those reasons, I give it 2 stars.
April Symes
Cora Brent has written another amazing story in the Gentry series. We have Gentry Generations book 2! This is Cassie, Cord and Saylor's daughter and her story. Cassie Gentry has had her life turned upside down in high school due to a terrifying and horrible experience. She is trying to find her way back from that. Then she meets Curtis , who works at Scratch – and where she will work for the summer.
Cassie tries to get back out in the land of the living and when she meets Curtis, she is friendly
Sue
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BIG SIGH...a big romantic and dreamy sigh. I absolutely LOVED every word of this new book from Cora Brent. It makes me sad and weepy to think that those hottie Gentry boys are all grown up and middle-aged with adult children who are living and loving just as hard as they did when I first started reading their stories.
Cassie and Curtis seemed like the wrong couple to get together but in my experience it's always the opposites that are the most fun pairings and these two have chemistry off the cha
Lisa Mcintire
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had this one on my kindle forever and finally read it and really loved it. Loved curtis's and his brothers. Im hoping we get some resolution for his younger brother. I really enjoyed this one
Polly Barreto
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love those Gentry Brothers!

I can't figure out which Gentry I love more, between Creed, Cord, Chase, Deck, Stone and Conway, they are all strong, loving, and protective of their loved ones. These Gentry men just prove that there really is strength in brothers and will always have each other's back. Saylor, Truly, Stephanie, Jenny, Evie, and Roslyn are really lucky to have found these brothers and I hope they always have a happily ever after!
Milena
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Turn was another gem in the Gentry saga. I love this family as a whole and I was very excited to see the kids were getting their stories told. This book was just as amazing as the first one. Curtis reminded me of all the things I loved about the Gentry boys when I discovered this series. Cassie is the perfect match for Curtis and reminds me a lot of her mom and the strength she had in her story. Watching Curtis trying to be both parent & brother was heart wrenching and inspiring at the same ...more
Melissa Ledet
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another beautiful story from Cora Brent on another Gentry. Cassie and Curtis have their own battles to beat in their life and when the two of them get together they are able to conquer the world. A fantastic read.
Amy Davies
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved

Cora always knows how to deliver a great book. Loved this book, I love next generation books. Seeing the Gentry boys again was awesome.
But it was Curtis and Cassie that made this book. I totally loved their relationship, their connection was deep.
Robyn
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 Good Guy Stars
Kimberly Givan

Curtis was the best part of this book.
I wasn't feeling a forever connection between him and Cami, lust yes, love no.
HAYLEY SMITH
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Love the Gentry family and Turn is another brilliant story. Curtis and Cassie are great characters and this is addictive reading!
So good catching up with all the Gentry's.
I voluntarily read an advance review copy of this book.
CarolBee
I love the Gentry clan! And I love Cassie and Curtis. However, the pace here was slower than a turtle.. Still looking forward to the next one.
Jacey Jeffrey
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She absolutely knocked it out of the freakin park with the latest book in the Gentry Generations series!!! This is by far my favorite book to date...I loved everything about it. Cassidy (Cassie) Gentry hasn't had an easy past. Her last year of high school was absolutely horrible and it has forever changed who she is. Cassie after learning her job for the summer fell through decided to work for her dad Cord at the tattoo shop. Curtis Mulligan hasn't had it easy his whole life. He left home at an ...more
Melissa Horvath
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Great One!!

As a fan of the Gentry series I couldn't be happier that the author is doing the kids and this book did not disappoint! Love the story, subtle sexiness and so. Much. Angst. As with any good Gentry book <3
Kerry Fletcher
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED IT!!! Cora Brent always delivers a book that you want to hold in your heart and hug the hell out of. This is no exception!!

Gentry Generations book 2! Up now is Cassie, Cord and Saylor's daughter.

Since a devastating incident in her last year of school Cassie has hid away from the world. She doesn't know what she wants to do as she lost all her confidence. On summer vacation she helps out as a favor to her dad in Scratch, the tattoo place her dad runs with her Uncle Deck. There she encoun
Jen Jen
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Cora Brent. I would give it more stars if I could.
Kept me wanting more.
I was rooting for Curtis the whole time.

Cassie Gentry has a past. A past that has haunted her to this day. When her job puts a wrench in her summer plans to work, Cassie takes her dad up on his offer to work at Scratch. Where she finds herself face to face with Curtis Mulligan, bad boy from the wrong side of town.
She doesn't trust easily and her past defines who she is. She's taking things slow to get
Melanie
Check out my review on my blog: https://www.auniversaltruth.com/?p=1692

I was very excited when I read this book as I just love anything Gentry. This story is about Cassie Gentry, daughter of Cord and Saylor and twin sister to Cami.

After a devastating incident in the last year of high school, Cassie’s confidence was shattered and consequently she has been feeling a little lost and unsure of what she wants to do with her life. During summer vacation Cassie is left without a job so she ends up work
Jenny Wood
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love them, and I feel like I need more of them, right now!
In this one, we have Cassie and Curtis.... Cassie, of course, the daughter of Sayor and Cordero, and Curtis, who Cord just hired at the shop.... Their meeting wasn't ideal, and both of them kind of have a chip on their shoulder....for good reason on both parts....
Cassie because of a traumatic experience in high school that made her learn to hide, and Curtis, because bad decisions in a nowhere town made him become a person he couldn't b
Vallsykes
CB has been a pretty decent I'm-in-the-mood-for-NA reading choice since I read Draw and Unruly.

TURN is the 2nd in the spin-off of the Gentry series, which features the children of the gorgeous, diamonds-in-the-rough triplet sons of derelict prison-town parents.

This story has heroine, Cassidy Gentry, a twin and daughter of one of the triplets, Cord Gentry. Cassidy, or Cassie, falls for a man, Curtis Mulligan, who resembles her father in origin, experience and sentiment.

This was a swe
Sara
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Are you a fan of the Gentrys? I fell in love with the Gentrys with Cord's book and now we get books with his kids as the MCs? Count me in!

Turn is a new adult romance featuring Cord and Saylor Gentry's twin daughter, Cassie. Cassie suffered a humiliating event in high school that changed her as a person leaving her closed off and untrusting. Now, a twenty-something college student, Cassie is working at her father's tattoo parlor. Enter Curtis Mulligan, a former gang banger from Emblem (y
Bellereader
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
With Cassie and Curtis, it’s abundantly clear that when a reformed bad bad with a heart of gold meets a Gentry darling sparks will fly and there is no denying their well deserved HEA! Cassie knows it’s time to finally pop the protective bubble she has been hiding in since high school. She was so grateful to have her family support her, but she needs to start really living again. When she meets Curtis Mulligan while working at Scratch, it’s instantly apparent the handsome tattooed gent seems less ...more
Nightbird Novels
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

Curtis Mulligan is trying his best for his younger brothers. Leaving Emblem and landing a job where he can make an honest living, he would do anything to make their lives better.

When Cassie Gentry takes her Dad up on his offer to work at his tattoo shop she isn't expecting his other new hire to be so intriguing... or such a jerk. It seems that Curtis took one look at her and decided he has her all figured out...

Both Curtis and Cassie are harboring so major misconceptions about one anot
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Turn Just may be the best book by Cora Brent yet! As a huge fan of her Gentry series I was so excited for the Gentry Generations series, and I loved the first book Strike, but Turn completely blew me away. Everything about this book is phenomenal. From the beautiful family connections and heartbreaking circumstances to the swoon worthy sweep you off your feet Romance there isn’t a bit of this book that isn’t incredible. I was moved to tears more than once by the pure beauty and kindness from so ...more
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone but part of a series
Ages of H and h: early 20s
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Leavemealone  Givemeabook

Okay, so this was definitely not my favorite of the entire Gentry clan. I would venture to say this was my very least favorite.

I’ve never really thought of Cora Brent as a slow burn author, but this was turtle pace burn. And the angst, oh the angst. I really just wanted to say “hurry up and get on with it already!”

Curtis is the proverbial bad boy
Cassie is the stereotypical good girl, twin daughter to Cord and Saylor Gentry, with skeletons of her own in the closet.
They get off on the wr
Crazychriss889
Yassss!

Loved that one sooo much. Thanks for it!!

So what's it about? A spoiled princess and a bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks? Seems like it at first. But that's not the case. Or at least, there is more to the characters' stories.

I adored the hero, loved him when he was brooding, loved him when he smiled (what he rarely did in the beginning), adored him as a big brother. Very responsible character.

The heroine seemed a bit naive, especially when you take her past into account. She was th
Jess Kogel
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by author in return for an honest review***

Every time I finish reading a Cora Brent book, I always think I've found my new favorite couple. This book is no different. Rather than just falling in love with the couple of this book, I fell in love with the supporting characters which I hope get their own book in the future. ::: fingers crossed:::

The typical cast of characters established from the others 2 series make appearances as you would assume but its those characters interacti
I love wild romantic stories, grunge era flannel, my vintage Kenmore sewing machine, embroidered dishcloths and absolutely everything that has to do with 1980s pop culture (i.e. leg warmers, scrunchies, big hair, early Madonna, boom boxes, wood paneled walls, stonewash jeans, etc).

If you believe in Happily Ever After and the unique magic of a John Hughes film, chances are I'll love you too!!

Email:

Gentry Generations (3 books)
  • Strike (Gentry Generations #1)
  • Test: Gentry Generations