Start by marking “See All the Stars” as Want to Read:

“A gripping and atmospheric contemporary thriller.” —Kirkus Reviews
“Complex, captivating, and gorgeously written.” —Karen M. McManus, New York Times bestselling author of One of Us Is Lying

We Were Liars meets Goodbye Days in this thrilling debut novel that sweeps readers away as they try to solve the mystery of what happened then to make Ellory so broken now.

It’s hard to f
Published August 14th 2018 by McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about See All the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See All the Stars

Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi AdeyemiThe Hazel Wood by Melissa AlbertSky in the Deep by Adrienne YoungEverless by Sara  HollandAmerican Panda by Gloria Chao
YA Debuts 2018
156 books — 639 voters
The Cruel Prince by Holly BlackWar Storm by Victoria AveyardQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareA Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa TahirObsidio by Amie Kaufman
YA Novels of 2018
1,030 books — 5,274 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-"
"I took the one back to you."

I really wish this wasn't the case but, at this point, I think I’ve just read a few too many YA Contemporaries that do the same things and pull out the same twists as See All the Stars.

This is a book that relies heavily on the discovery of what happened in the 'before' of the novel. For me, at least, the journey was dragged out and overlong. The story alternates between the past, in which Ellory, Ret, Bex and Jenny are close fr
Chelsea Humphrey
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Simon & Schuster Goodreads
This is going to be an extremely difficult book to review, and I probably should have left this as a mini review solely for the fact that the less you know the better. See All The Stars is a character driven novel full of suspense with page turning compulsion, and I believe fans of YA novels that cross over between contemporary and mystery will eat this up. I am cautious to scream "READ THIS BOOK" because I know it's the fastest way to build hype and set up for unrealistic expectations, but I re ...more
(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-books, 2018
4 You Got Me stars for Kit Frick's See All the Stars!

Have you ever had a friendship or love/relationship that completely consumed you? You know the type that barely toes the line between normal and obsession. I think many of us have been there at some point in our lives. You almost lose yourself in the other person. That is the bulk or Ellory's tale told here in split timeframes - the then & now.

To be honest though, this was more than a complicated tale of first love, friendship and betraya
Larry H
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm between 4 and 4.5 stars.

I really enjoyed this book and found it surprisingly poignant. Think of it as not-so Mean Girls crossed with We Were Liars or One of Us is Lying , where you know something happened, but you just don't know what or who was responsible until you get further into the book.

Once the four of them were practically inseparable friends—Ellory, Ret, Jenni, and Bex. While Ret always had control over the group's dynamics (or the others paid the price), they spent most of the
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to First to Read for providing me a complimentary copy of SEE ALL THE STARS by Kit Frick in exchange for my honest review***

Holy unputdownable, Batman.

GRADE: A
5 STARS

SEE ALL THE STARS is one of those books that gave me a tingle in my stomach, an excitement that only book lovers can understand. Even in the first chapter, I knew I was reading something special. Kit Frick’s gorgeous words danced off the page into my mind. And heart. I wanted to read quickly to see the source of Ellory‘s p
Karen McManus
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Complex, captivating, and gorgeously written. Kit Frick nails this story on so many levels: suspense, swoons, and sheer page-turning goodness--not only for the mystery at hand, but for what's going to happen for these beautifully drawn characters. They leap off the page so vividly, I felt as though I knew them and I'm still thinking about them a week after finishing. A stunning debut, and I can't wait to see what this author shares with us next.
♛ Garima ♛
Caution: This is not an actual review.

I have been noticing a trend that famous authors keep their book in Netgalley's read-now section and once you noticed and overjoyed by that - publishers give you protected PDF.

I hate reading PDFs, they are not great format to read. The difficulty is that I read all my books in eReader where I use Black background and white font color. It strains my eyes less and as my father is ophthalmologist, he simply agrees with the decision. There is no way to make su
Carlene Inspired
Pre-order available now! Amazon
4.5 Stars

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I . . . "

Yes, I read this super early, several months in advance of its release date, but I couldn't get it off my mind once I saw the cover and read the blurb. When a book like this is sitting on your Kindle, you read it, publish date ignored. Within a handful of pages, I knew this was the sort of book that required my full attention. Kit Frick's beautiful prose pulled me into the solar system made up of Ellory, Ret,
Michelle
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I . . .

I chose to follow her.
Ret, Ellory, Jenny and Bex. They were four friends, inseparable. Ellory was the artist, Bex, the dancer, Jenny the grounded one and Ret the center of their universe. Each girl lived to please her and be noticed by her. They sought out her approval in all things. For her part, Ret knew the power she held over them and reveled in their competition for her affection.

I lied to myself.
A coming-of-age story, See All the Stars is also
Rachel Solomon
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: electric-18s
I was fortunate enough to read an early version of SEE ALL THE STARS, and I absolutely loved it. There is so much poetry in Kit Frick's prose, so many gorgeous lines. This is a book that manages to be both chilling and lovely, with a nonlinear timeline that keeps you guessing. Longer review to come closer to pub date!
Kit Frick
Jan 08, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Hello, readers! *waves*

See All the Stars is now out in the world! Huzzah! If you're a fan of gritty, heartbreaking contemporary YA novels like Jeff Zentner's Goodbye Days and Courtney Summers' Some Girls Are and twisty suspense like E. Lockhart's We Were Liars and Stephanie Kuehn's Complicit, you're in the right place. I'm glad we found each other!

See All the Stars unfolds in two timelines with chapters alternating between Ellory's junior and senior years of high school. It combines a few of my
Jamie
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
This YA thriller is filled with teen angst, young love and tough friendships. Split into two time frames in a before and after format, I was left guessing what the twist might be - while it was in front of me the whole time, I didn’t even see it! I think once people read this, it may be compared to another popular YA novel, which I won’t name for spoiler purposes - but I’ll be curious to see how that impacts reviews for some - for me, this was definitely a hit!

I received an advance copy. All op
I thought I had this book figured out, but things took a much darker, edgier turn than I expected. The story follows a girl named Ellory during her senior year of high school. We know that something traumatic happened the previous year to make her life absolutely miserable, but the book takes its time retreading the past and revealing exactly what happened. Frick is especially insightful about the ways some friendships (especially teenage friendships) can be incredibly manipulative, while also s ...more
Milena
Nov 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I..."
"I took the one with this book on it..."
And I got bored to death.
Procrastinating Slytherin
Hm… okay... wow.

There are some books you know you are unlikely to read again, not because they are bad but because they click something inside you and then they unlock something you buried deep –something you either fought against and won or compromised with, accepted and move on, much like its main character. They touch you deep and you are not sure if you are willing to go through that again.

I am not sure I can explain what this book was about –I’m even less sure I want to- but if I had to use
Brittany Lamb
You can read this review at https://bookwormbrittanyy.wordpress.c...

Disclaimer: I was sent a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

*Rating: 3.5 stars*

"Whoever said that time heals all wounds didn't know what he was talking about. Time dulls the wounds, makes them bearable. But it doesn't patch you up and send you on your way, good as new.

I'm the only one who can make that happen. And it's freaking hard."

Do you guys ever read a book and come across a line tha
Bianca St.
Oh my God!!

This book was extremely captivating from the very first chapter. The switching perspectives from 'NOW' to 'THEN' keep the mystery and intrigue alive throughout the whole novel and they keep you reading so you find out what the massive event that caused such a change in these characters' lives is. And the plot-twist at the end will leave you speechless!

This book follows our main character Ellory throughout her last high school years, unveiling two timelines 'NOW' and 'THEN' until the
Vicky Who Reads
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: drcs
2 stars

I've been having a really good track record with YA mystery/thrillers (especially debuts) so far in 2018, so this ended up being a really huge disappointment for me. None of them have dipped below 2.5 stars & some just totally blew me away.

Until this.

The summary is honestly kind of vague. Ellory loses her friends and her boyfriend & is tormented by something. But besides that, I'm just at a loss at what the main point is supposed to be, even after reading the book.

The best way I c
Shanannigans
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
It’s not until adulthood that we can finally look back and fully understand the complexities of the core relationships from our youth. And they were complex. At the time we told each other we would be best friends FOREVER and meant it. Our first loves felt like the center of our universes, and they were. Everything was life or death at the time and we couldn’t possibly see that this period of our lives was nothing more than a stepping stone to something bigger, something real.

This wonderfully wr
Dawnie
I am sure that a lot of people that will read this book will love it.

But sadly i just read to many books telling a very similar story - toxic friendships between girls, bad things that happen that destroys friendships, told in past/now plotting...- and there was just not that one thing that stood out to me that made this book go from "its okay" to "this is great".

Everything was good.

The writing is good, the characters are okay, the plotting and structure of this book are good -even if some sec
Kaila
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, netgalley, ya
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I—"

"I took the one back to you."

See All the Stars is a thoroughly impressive debut novel from Kit Frick that explores themes of toxic friendship, young love, and finding oneself. A powerful coming-of-age tale, this young adult contemporary manages to be unexpectedly fun despite being laced with dark themes, and I couldn't be more pleased to be sharing my thoughts with you today as part of the blog tour leading up to its release.

Told in a dual timeline
Lauren Stoolfire
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

THEN - They were four—Bex, Jenni, Ellory, Ret. Electric, headstrong young women; Ellory’s whole solar system. Lazy summer days. A party. A beautiful boy. Ellory met Matthias and fell into the beginning of a spectacular, bright love. NOW - Ellory is alone, her once inseparable group of friends torn apart by secrets, deception, and a shocking incident that changed their lives forever. Ellory returns to Pine Brook to navigate senior
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
3.5 Stars

You are the sun, and I am the moon.
Though intended for the young adult reader See All the Stars will be enjoyed by readers of all ages. In this novel Kit Frick exhibits a unique ability to write about extremely difficult issues with a captivating prose.

For a second, it was like he saw me as a vase teetering on the edge of a shelf, and if he reached out fast enough, he could still keep me from falling.
Her characters felt so real, like a story I could have lived through in high sch
Simant ♥ Flipping Through the Pages
Full review on: Flipping Through the Pages

See All the Stars was no less than a movie or a show. I went into reading this without any expectations or pre-knowledge and it totally surprised me. I loved this book.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-“
“I took the one back to you.

This story is about Ellory, a senior year student, and her life in Junior year. The book is basically written in two parts (not divided into two parts). The first part is about the present life of Ellory in senior year and se
Katie
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was hard for me to rate because while I liked it, I also had trouble connecting to the characters in the book. I ended up with a 4 star rating because I did not see the end coming at all.

This novel alternates between taking place in the past, starting the summer before Ellory's junior year (then), and the present, starting just before Ellory starts her senior year (now). We know that something happened between then an
Vani
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s, ya
I knew this was special right away, commenting on how I loved the voice as early as the first few pages. But HOLY COW did I not know how much I would ultimately love this book.

See All the Stars does something I LOVE which is that it makes me care a ton, even though I don't love the characters. For the most part.

Ellory, our narrator, is so special. I adore her in both the Junior and Senior year timelines. Ellory feels real. Flawed in all the right ways and so, wholly teenagerific. Nothing bother
Danielle
See All The Stars is a bunch of different themes put it into one well-written novel. It's part romance, as the story plays out main character Ellory's first love with a boy named Matthias. Part friendship story, as it shows Ellory's complicated friendship with Bex, Jenni, and especially her best friend Ret. And part mystery novel as the story slowly unravels what happened in Ellory's junior that left her so broken in her senior year.

Overall, I really enjoyed this novel. The writing is extremely
Maxine Kaplan
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book....wow. It's hard to put a pithy label on what SEE ALL THE STARS is and that's part of why I loved it. It's a love story, but not in the way you think it is. It's a story of a crime of passion, but not in the way you think it is. It's a thriller with a twist I never saw coming until it was there and suddenly the whole book was thrown into a new and staggering light. And it's a deeply humane and beautifully written story about healing. Definitely recommend to fans of thrillers, stories ...more
Kay McCray
Thanks to Pitch Wars 2017, and landing the amazing Kit Frick as my mentor (THANK YOU KIT), I've become one of the lucky few granted permission to early-read this utterly raw and poetic masterpiece! This is a book about friendships--why we choose the friends we do, and how sometimes we have to say goodbye to people who aren't good for us. I do not want to spoil anything, but Kit broke my heart in the most beautiful way. I'm so excited for the rest of the world to be able to read this!!
❤ Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Find this review and more on my blog Sometimes Leelynn Reads.

"I think you know what it's like to be the star of a story that you didn't write."

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first ARC that I ever received, and I was so excited to read it! Thank you so much Netgalley for this opportunity.

This book has been described as a mix between We Were Liars and 13 Reasons Why. Unfortunately, I haven't read either one of those books, s
  • 500 Words or Less
  • Your Destination Is on the Left
  • We Regret to Inform You
  • Interlude (Love, Lucas, #3)
  • Where I Live
  • The Last to Let Go
  • The Three Rules of Everyday Magic
  • The Pros of Cons
  • The Calculus of Change
  • My Awesome/Awful Popularity Plan (Justin Goldblatt, #1)
Hi there! I use Goodreads primarily to keep track of my own TBR, and I don't add friends on here. It's not personal! You can follow me for occasional GR updates, and I'd love to connect on other platforms. You can find me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. See ya there!

Kit Frick is a novelist, poet, and MacDowell Colony fellow. Originally from Pittsburgh, PA, she studied creative writ