Start by marking “Bones” as Want to Read:
Bones

Bones

Content advisory: The following book contains vivid depictions of gore, graphic sexual violence, endless mind games, will induce strangely beautiful feelings of paranoia, and lots of bad things. Really bad things. It's not recommended eating before, during, or after reading this story. Prepare for a one way trip to Hell.

I'm haunted.

Not by ghosts, but by a face I
Published November 6th 2016 by Yolanda Olson

Start your review of Bones
Tara Dawn (Colourful WordWench)
HOLY....WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST READ?!
I just finished editing this ... truly disturbing, psychologically fucked up, realistic horror story. Those words do not do this story justice when it comes to how twisted it really is. And that fucking ending ... I can predict shit pretty easy, but Yola totally got me with this one. I did not see it coming even as I flipped to the final page. It literally felt like I was trapped in the mind of a fucking psychopath, and those are my faves reads. The ones
Sassyreads
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! i have been screaming at my friends on fb throughout this book!

Read Bones they said
You'll like it they said....
(they were right...but holy hell!)
See...this is why i love my book buddies! I asked for dark and taboo book recs...several ppl said Yolanda! Inferno! Bones!
Sooo, I happened to have both on my kindle...ya know...just sittin there waiting for me to read them, hiding amongst all the others waiting for me....and i want to kick myself in the ass for waiting!

Why did I wait so
Trigger warning; this book has some pretty dark content. The worst of which involves and infant.

[image error]

Overall the book had some good bones, but it felt unfulfilling. The ending especially felt rushed, incomplete and confusing.
Liz
Jan 29, 2017 added it
"My smile makes people trust me.
It's tragic sometimes."

This book had my mind so, so twisted! It's the hardest i've read.
Thoughts from it and of it came on my mind every other day since i read this one.
I could have choosen to no write a review, but i can't. Because i can't hold my thoughts.
It was awful to read it. The images are stuck in my head. And God, as a mom, i can't and won't understand why someone would even think of the things written in Bones.

My disappoinment comes from the fact that
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Blushing Book Review
Bones Yolanda Olson
I can’t decide if I loved or hated this book! This book will have you dancing with the devil!
A dark psychologically horror story with no trace of romance to be seen. This is not for the soft of heart it has major disturbing scenes within that will leave you stunned, revolted and sick to your stomach.
Reading this story has you venturing into the mind of a psychopath and quite frankly it is not easy to read, in fact I had a hard time digesting some of it.
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, horror, dark, beta
I beta read a copy of this so I won't give anything away. For those of you who like dark, you're going to love it. For everyone else like me who can't watch horror movies, read fast and hide under the blankets. It was intense, I read faster at times because I needed to know what happened next right NOW. My heart raced, I was grossed out at times wondering how on Earth the author thinks of this stuff.
Yolanda always leaves me thinking what the!!! at the end. This time it was totally different,
Sarah  - Kindle and Koffee Book Blog
This is the first book I have read by this author and I started with trepidation; I love dark but I also know this author writes black dark, borderline horror. So I put on my big girl panties and dived in.
For the most part I loved it, it was sick and twisted and one of those "I can't believe she went there" book. Whilst it had me gasping and occasionally retching I couldn't put it down.

Told from a male POV the book was too fast paced; I think it needed slowing down a little. More plot and
Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm
A twisted tale

I've read a lot of fucked up things but this definitely wins the "Most Fucked Up Thing I've Ever Read" award. Guy takes you along on a journey of madness, his madness though remember he's not crazy (or so he says) the descriptions of his delusions and his justification for everything is masterfully done.
Ebony
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This book is AMAZING!!! I am a huge fan of Yolanda Olson's leading men and Guy Burress is right up there with the rest of them!!! If you are a fan of blood, gore, and sick leading men...this book is definitely for you!!

This book is dark, twisted, crazy, and left me with more questions then I had when I first started reading...and that is a good thing ;-) Yolanda has a way of sucking her readers into her stories and not letting them go - even after the story ends.

There are a few scenes in
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
This is one horror, mind bending read from Yolanda, it's not one for the faint hearted, and not your typical HEA. So be warned.

Guy is a man that is in total control of his life, but doesn't lead the normal life like others. You could class him as a deviant, a serial killer, but he knows that he can stop at anytime. It's a compulsion not like others, that he feels he needs to do the things he does.

He has a beast within him, that needs to be fed from time to time, a part of him that requires
Lisa Molina
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First off, to say that this book is disturbing is somewhat of an understatement. "It's a good thing that I'm not a smoker", if I were, I would have become a damn chain smoker!! One scene in particular was especially difficult to read, deeply disturbing and pure evil. There were many other times in this story that I questioned myself and wondered wtf am I reading. That being said, do I recommend this book, yes!! Especially if you like dark reads that leave you wondering what the hell did I just ...more
Sharon Obelenus Holland
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My first thoughts after reading this story is, if Yolanda ever flips her lid, someone is going to be in a world of hurt AND its times like this that I am happy I dont live close to her. Like most of her books, (yes she does actually have ones that dont involve mutilation and death) THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. Again, she takes us down a long dark road into the mind of a crazed psycho. Drawn to one, but has a few distractions to take care of first. Pleasure and pain sometimes go hand in ...more
Ellie Midwood
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-read
Guy. I don’t think I have the right words for Guy. I mean, how do you explain having such an unhealthy interest in following a serial killer’s story after merely the first chapter? Yet, that’s exactly what happens. Guy allows the readers into the depths of his dark, cold mind, and allows them to see him so close, experience every emotion, understand every reason of his twisted, yet sounding so normal, mind, that it becomes impossible not to get inexplicably infatuated with his enigmatic persona. ...more
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017

What a great read never saw that end coming.
Stacey
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have to start by saying that this was my very first Yolanda Olson experience. I can quite honestly say, it was one of the most disturbing and terrifying experiences I've endured in quite some time. But every sadistic bone in my body is screaming for more...so I will be going back for more!

I strongly recommend abiding by the warning. It is there for a reason! This book is very graphic, to the point my stomach was churning and I felt nauseous. There was no shortage of sexual violence and the
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
4 "Blood Gore & WTF" Stars

photo tumblr_mv1pitFP3D1qk08n1o4_250_zpstja9ow5k.gif

Well....where to begin....hmmmm....

photo PicsArt_12-27-07.53.36_zps411tzy76.jpg

Guy is crazy...that is all there is to it.

"I can stop anytime I want to. I am not a serial killer."

A serial killer that you don't dare confront in any way. But how do you avoid a seemingly normal, sexy guy. Yeah, none of his victims see it coming either.

If you can't handle:
blood
gore
sexual cruelty
sexual deviance
AND
cruelty to a child

Do NOT read.

I like dark and disturbing but this one even pushed my WTF sensors.

This
Lis Garcia
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
"There really aren't enough warnings for this one. Read at your own risk:

Don't ignore the author's warning. BONES is like the abyss of darkness.

You will have some wtf moments. After you try to process what you just read, lift your jaw off the floor and continue reading. You must continue reading. Guy Burress has a... certain profession if you will, and does it well. He is searching for this person, the one that will complete his collection.

I give this book .
The author totally messed me up with
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
OMG!! This was such a deviantly twisted and disturbing book.... I LOVED it and every single stomach turning moment. The story was written in such a way that I could practically hear the the victims last breathes right in my ear and could smell all of the spilt blood. Guy is truly a pathological deviant and in tune with himself. Bones would make an excellent movie. Kudos to Yolanda for allowing us the opportunity to delve into her dark and twisted mind. This is a must read but not for those who ...more
Barbara Gartman
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are no words that will do this book any justice but I am going to try. I was on the edge of my seat until the very end! This book will most definitely have you questioning your sanity but it's so worth every intense minute. Prepare yourself for the darkest ride you'll ever take. By far my #1 favorite book of Yolanda's and possibly even my new all time favorite of all books I have read to date. If you think you're brave enough to walk on the dark side with Guy, I challenge you to read ...more
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog

I was one of the lucky ones to Beta read this book and I have to warn you it is not for the faint hearted so head all of the warnings but in saying that, if you are a fan of Yolanda's books then you are in for a real treat.
I' m not going to give anything away but if you like to read pitch black stories then Bones has it.
I was so engrossed with the story and everything the Guy does and thinks that it was doing my head in (pun intended). At times I was questioning the sanity of Yolanda and also
Linda Cotter
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable!!
Yolanda Olson has become the Queen of the twist. You see the book going in one direction, and you're watching that road, and when you least expect it - BOOM!! The road you were on ends and you find yourself in a completely different place!
She has done it again, and I don't even know if I can say more than that, and watch out for Chapter 6, without giving anything away!
Be ready. Hold onto your hats. Buckle your seat belt and...enjoy??...the ride.
Carissa Lynch
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yolanda is QUEEN of the twists! Especially when those twists are sick and shocking! Bones is one of her best books to date, and Guy might be one of my favorite twisted characters.
Just when I thought I had it figured out, the story shifted in a way I didn't expect. Brilliant!
Intense, gruesome, and totally addictive! For fans of Yolanda, this is one of her books you do not want to miss.
Amanda
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
PLEASE HEED THE WARNINGS ON THIS BOOK, EXTREMELY GRAPHIC SITUATIONS!!!!

You must read this book if you enjoy extreme darkness. I read it in one sitting and what a bloody ride, there is a certain chapter that I read through really quickly as it was rather gruesome but on the whole I enjoyed it. You need to read this book, all is not what it seems x
Danielle Harris
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
More than 5 stars

Yolanda Olson is sick! I love this book its definitely disturbingly horrific at its best. If you are looking for a disgusting good time then you found it right here.
Katrina Haynes
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow.. This was such a great read even though I think I am going have nightmare now reading. If you love reading anything horror this for you.
Charlotte
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Someone posted in facebook "whats the darkest book you've ever read?" And someone commented "Bones by Yolanda Olson". That was wrong, very wrong. If someone posted "whats the sickest, most disgusting, fucked up book you've every read?" Then Bones by Yolnda Olson is the answer! This woman is cray-cray! I mean, Guy is crazy but he came from this woman's mind so......

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! That last paragraph gave me the motherloving creeps. HO-LY SHIT. I'm going to be having nightmares for weeks.
Elizabeth Cash
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Baby Jesus

First, read with caution, as this book has some content that may not be suitable for everyone.

Second, I don't even know where to begin. BONES was... Well, it was fucking awesome! Dirty, gritty, gory, and very satisfactory.

Guy Burress is a unique human being. He is not vain, he is not messy, and he is not crazy! He is simply feeding his darkest desires at the mercy of those who are unknowingly willing to do so. And I feel so dirty so loving this so much. I devoured it in half a
Thai Holman
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This maybe the darkest book I've ever read. I LOVED IT. I CAN NOT GET OVER THE ENDING.
"I am not crazy"
OK warning this is pitched black, please be warned. May cause triggers.

Its hard for me to cringe but I cringed. I was trapped in this book and felt like I was there watching and screaming. This is inside the mind of a killer. A cold blooded killer. Who collects skulls. It's graphic its dark and so deep.

5 captivating stars.

Be warned very graphic. If you can handle dark enjoy this ride. Its
Amanda Anderson
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Messed up!

Wow. This book was pretty messed up. So dark I couldnt see in front of myself. Holy crap. I dont know what to think. I just want to pick up another book by Yolanda Olson now. I cant even focus on a review right now. That book was MESSED UP MAN. BUT I LOVED IT AND I WANT TO READ ALL OF HER STUFF!!! 5 STARS

*SPOILER*
This book has some super twisted parts in it, that even involves an infant so, you MIGHT not want to read it if you dont like super evil books. This guy does not hold back.
Nikki
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by this author and I can confirm this was one huge dark depraved and twisted read!!! Just what I needed for yday!
Guy gives us an insight into his mind when he carries out some very twisted and terrible acts.
He is NOT crazy and NOT a serial killer.. although I'm not sure you would agree with that Haha
Fab quick dark read.
*read as part of KU*
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Verboten: An Inferno World Novella
  • Rules of Bennett
  • Play Me
  • Pretty Broken Dolls (Pretty Little Dolls #4)
  • 27009 (Welcome to Whitlock, #2)
  • White Out (24690 #2)
  • Stalk Her
  • 27011 (Welcome to Whitlock, #3)
  • 27001 (Welcome to Whitlock #1)
  • Iniquity
  • Breaking Beth
  • You Will Bow (Rules of Bennett Book 2)
  • Pretty New Doll (Pretty Little Dolls, #3)
  • Burned
  • Stranger (Happily Never After)
  • Blood Lust (Royal Bastards MC, #1)
  • The Emporium of Fear: A Halloween Horror Anthology
  • Obloquy
Bestselling Indie Author. Alice in Wonderland Junkie. Horror Obsessed. Arsenic Laced. Welcome.

Yolanda Olson is an award winning and international bestselling author. Born and raised in Bridgeport, CT where she currently resides, she usually spends her time watching her favorite channel, Investigation Discovery. Occasionally, she takes a break to write books and test the limits of her mind. Also an
“Vanilla people are very quick to judge what they don’t understand.” 6 likes