Start by marking “Guards of Folsom: Gezügelt” as Want to Read:
Guards of Folsom: Gezügelt

Guards of Folsom: Gezügelt

(Guards of Folsom #3)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  1,038 Ratings  ·  142 Reviews
Auf der Suche nach einer dringend benötigten Koffeindosis findet Max im Coffeeshop um die Ecke mehr als erwartet. Barista Aiden ist jung, attraktiv, sympathisch – und ein Sub, auf den der Dom in Max stärker reagiert als je zuvor auf einen Mann. Doch Aiden hatte bislang nie Kontakt zur BDSM-Szene und trotz gemeinsamer Kinks ist der Start in eine Beziehung mit einem dominant ...more
Kindle Edition
Published October 19th 2016 by Cursed Verlag (first published December 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Guards of Folsom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guards of Folsom

Monique
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is an exclusive short story from the Guards of Folsom over on our blog... If you want to see what the boys got upto on New Years Eve... go have a nosy

Love this book, love the series, love the author… that’s just a whole heap of love pouring out of me for this latest instalment in the Guards of Folsom series.

photo SJD3.jpg

I have fallen head over heels for Max and Aiden, they are EXPLOSIVE! …which is pretty much what happened to my ovaries reading this book, their
Gigi

This one started off kinda shaky for me. I found Max to be overbearing and a bit creepy, but he grew on me and I ended up enjoying how much he loved and cherished Aiden. I adored Aiden and watching him and Max explore their mutual kinks was hot as hell! Their relationship was insta-lovey but I bought it because of the passion these two expressed and had for each other.

There was glaring annoyance that had me dropping a star. (view spoiler)
Macky
3.5*

This is one of those times when I really wish Goodreads allowed half star ratings...Annoying!

The Guards Of Folsom series has been both hit and miss for me up to now. Pup didn't do it for me because of an issue with Micah's ADHD but Tag Team was a different kettle of fish. I really loved that story! Tag, Bobby and Masons book really burrowed its way under my skin so I was pulled back into the series and left really looking forward to Max's story. A character who I really liked in Tag
Tina
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-awesome, bdsm

Oh my God… I have no idea where to begin. I was looking forward to the third book of the Guards of Folsom series and it was even better as expected. In Tag Team Max was such a great character that I couldn’t wait to read his story. Finally!

Since Pony happens along the same timeline as Tag Team you get a little different view at things that happened in the previous book.

This book was freaking brilliant… the best of the series so far. The sizzling tension between the guys was palpable from the
Vivian
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-contemp
First time shame on you, second time--Shame on me.

I like the story. I like the writing. I like Max and Aiden. What I did NOT like is the title's unfilled promise. I swore after Pup and the non-existent puppy play that I wouldn't fall for another. Well…hit me with a stupid stick and leave me out in the rain 'cause I did it again. Here, there was the tease and that's it!

I'd say more, but after being strung along the whole book with the unmet expectation I don't have anything else to say. Therefor
Gina
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, contemporary, meh
This was so not a winner for me, which was a shock because I have loved the other two books in this series. But, to be blunt about it, I found myself giggling when I wasn't supposed to be, rolling my eyes at other times and honestly waiting some type of story.

When I first started this book I quickly realized it was mostly about sex, and light on substance. I am not complaining about this, hot sex is well….hot! In my opinion a book which is light on substance and heavy on sex should titillate, y
Catherine
More sugary sweet than I expect BDSM books to be, but I quite enjoyed it. What I didn't enjoy was that the promise made by the title ended up being more a tease than anything. Boo hiss the lack of pony play.
Vanessa
4.5 Saddle Me Up Stars!

**WARNING ~ It is STRONGLY recommended that you have a B.O.B. or a ready and willing partner on hand before you attempt to ride this particular Pony!!!**

Um, DAMN!!!!! So, what makes a great steamy read? Passion? Check. Sexual chemistry? Check. Some of the hottest, kinkiest, sex scenes known to man? Check, check, CHECK!!!!!

Pony delivered all of this and much more! However, while being seriously HOT, no detail was spared in the plot development department. The story
Debra
I've been waiting for Max's story in this series after hearing about him for the past two books, and then finding out who exactly Aiden is in the last installment, and I was not disappointed with his story.

Max is blindsided by the attraction he feels after seeing Aiden behind the counter of his local coffee shop. In fact, it takes him days to work up the courage to ask him out. The two men easily hit it off and it quickly becomes clear that Aiden has more than a little interest in exploring his
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
I'm really enjoying this series and this book is no exception. I loved the chemistry between Aiden and his Dom, Max. I also enjoyed watching Aiden grow and change and find himself as his love for Max grew and his total immersion in being his sub evolved.

I always enjoy the way this author takes the time to the explain the step-by-step process of whichever aspect of BDSM she is focusing on in each book. It's always a learning experience and I appreciate her research.

I had one minor issue with th
Marc | Rainbow Gold Reviews
4.5

For me this was by far the best of the first three books in this series. Max almost stole the show in book two and in the audiobook his accent is sexy as hell and to die for. Getting to read his story made me really excited. Pony play is nothing I knew of and I tried to be open-minded when I started to read.

The book begins with attraction and two guys hitting it off. Max and his love interest are cute, sexy, charming, have great chemistry and I know from the very beginning this would be good.
Jackie Mckenzie
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this third book in the Guards of Folsom serieswe get to see Grant “Max” Maxwell pursue his very won sub. Max's story was hinted at in Tag Team, the second book of the series. I know I was looking very forward to seeing what Max and Aiden were up to and I can honestly tell you that I was not disappointed.

Max's road to a HEA starts very innocently. His coffee maker craps out one morning and while he is out getting coffee he runs into what may possibly be the most perfect man he has ever laid ey
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Der Barista Aiden James bringt den sonst so gelassenen und selbstbewussten Psychiater Grant Maxwell völlig aus dem Takt. Der jüngere Mann geht ihm einfach nicht mehr aus dem Kopf und Grant, der von jedem nur Max genannt wird, bittet ihn schliesslich um ein Date. Aiden ist mehr als willig auf die Avancen des attraktiven Mannes einzugehen und kann diese unbestimmte Attraktion und Anziehung nicht leugnen. Max fühlt sich schnell bestätigt und erkennt in Aiden einen devoten Mann, der noch völlig unbe ...more
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
3.5 Giddyup Baby Stars

3 for the story; 4 for the riding crops, hoods, and tails.

This was an easy, smutastic read. It was delectably dirrrrty and raunchy, not for public consumption lest you self-combust or beg to hump the coffee boy.

Yes, COFFEE. That's where it all starts. Max (aka Grant Maxwell the psychiatrist) falls in lust with the cute boy working at his local coffee shop and asks him out to dinner. Aiden is all that AND wants to be a pony. They begin dating and generally getting it on (D/
Jodi Pushkin
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First I need to say that I am a huge fan of SJD Peterson's writing. From the first page, I could not put this book down. Pony is a great addition to this series. I realize you could read this book as a stand alone, but it had more impact for me knowing the background of the other characters. Of course, any time TY and Blake show up in a book, it makes me smile. That being said, this book does stand on its own.

Max and Aiden are great characters. I fell in love with them both within the first f
Lisa
I always find it intriguing how a Dom can look at another person and know they are a submissive even if they don't know it.
This is the story of Max and Aiden. Max comes across Aiden when he stops in the local coffee shop to buy a coffee after his cofee machine goes on the blink.
The begin a journey exploring Aiden's submissiveness. Curiously after watching it , I guess on the internet, Aiden blurts out that his favorite type of sex is pony. However, we have to wait until the last few pages of the
Jacq
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HOT as HELL!
Max was a perfect Dom sweet and strong as all get out!

Just for you Awwwwww ...I loved Aidens introduction to the D/s lifestyle a sweet process of finding ones self.

Yes no maybe so :)

Another Sweet read with a treat!
I totally enjoy this series..

Leah
~dropping EVERYTHING~ house, boyfriend, and sleep be damned.
I wanted to love this....after the last book but I was excited to read about Max. I thought--bring on the kinky shrink--woohoo but Jo you're just a BIG tease!
*kinky girl pout*

Book #3? Hell yeah!!
Liam Elliot
Dec 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm. So. Bored.

I tried. I really really really tried. I've been trying to finish this for like a month, but it's just. so. booooooring.

There's no story. There's no conflict. Nothing happens. It's just sex. And not particularly good sex. Clinical. Regimented. Boring sex.

I've had more fun doing my taxes. And while that might be an unfair comparison, because I do kind of get excited by Excel spreadsheets... it shouldn't even be a contest.

I think that's it for me and sjd peterson. I really liked th
El Ma
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Eine wirklich schöne Serie, mit drei Bänden auf hohem Niveau 👍

Dani Elle Maas
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-review
4.5 Stars!!

This book started out fantastic for me as I loved the chemistry and the built up between Max and Aiden.

I have to say after the first two parts of this series, which I highly recommend, I was already hoping for this third part to be between these two men.

I have to say that to me the book is split in two parts. The first part is the meeting and the two main characters getting to know each other. Their chemistry sizzles from the screen.

And the second part is about establishing their D/s
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Story Rating: 5 of 5 Stars
Narration Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Overall Rating: 4.5 of 5 Stars

My View – Story:

I wasn’t actually looking forward to this book on audio as much as I was the other books in the series as I didn’t like how the narrator portrayed Max’s voice in book 2.

I am so glad I gave it a chance! Although there were times when he still sounded a little like a cockney geyser this may have moved up to be my favourite!

Max is a super confident man both in regard
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Another Smokin Hott Cover!!

--------------

This is one of my favorite series..I just can't get enough!!

Max walks into a local coffee shop after his coffee maker dies on him and is thinking that he'll get his cup to go and be on his merry way. Well once he notices the young man behind the counter all relevant thoughts fly out of his head and he's left staring wonder how he's going to get this man.

I loved that Aiden wasn't into the D/s lifestyle and really didn't know anything about it when he mee
Chris-Wait-For-It-Awesome
Ok this one is hard to rate. To be honest it could somewhere between 3.70 than 4 whole stars. There were parts I liked, parts I really liked BUT... there weren't parts I loved. And that is a shame because I loved Max in the previous book and was intrigued by the glimpses of Aiden. There was no major plotline, which is fine I guess, not all romances need to be eventfull but I've come to associate S.J.D. Peterson with a wee bit heartache. I really liked the glimpses of Aiden's family that are clev ...more
Jewel
Not my kink, but I must say, it was kinda hot.

I loved getting to know Max from his side of the story, after seeing him from Bobby, Rig and Mason's side. Max is a very compassionate man, who never expected to be blindsided by a young man in a coffee shop. Aiden didn't know what hit him, either, I think.

I loved this story. Aiden discovering what a small world it is, when he encounters Ty, and also finally finding his place in the world, with Max. With Max, Aiden doesn't find New York so daunting,
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Really enjoyed this one. Nice to get other character updates. The Pony Play is very tasteful and mild. Not a bunch of BDSM 101 although, since the sub is a newbie, there is a certain amount of it that must be included. I thought the men had pretty explosive chemistry together and the kink matchup's were great. I do wish there'd been a bit more description of the pain/sadism/masochism parts (but then I'm a masochist so I always want more of that). A very good entry in the series.
Mandi
Look at that cover! I think this series has the hottest covers. :)

Good story, enjoyed the characters and the writing was good (as usual). Still there was just something missing for me. I loved the second book in this series, and while I enjoyed this one, it didn't have the same 'oomph' for me.

Still a hot and sexy read though. :)
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
I thoroughly enjoyed Max and Aiden
Full review to come
But I will say I loved that this story was about them and not preconceived ideas of what happy is

I am very much looking forward to more in this series!!
This series is a must read for me!!!
MandaLee
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, rbc
ARC w/RBC 4-4.5 stars review to come. But it's for sure her best IMO
Dreamspinner Press: Pony by SJD Peterson 1 7 Jan 01, 2014 09:25PM
  • Trusting Thomas (Collars and Cuffs, #2)
  • Fettered
  • Power Play: Awakening (Power Play, #2)
  • The Boy Who Belonged (Boy, #2)
  • Room at the Edge (Room at the Top, #2)
  • Painting Fire on the Air (Survivor Stories #2)
  • Safeword (Power Exchange, #2)
  • Leather+Lace (Opposites Attract, #2)
  • The Foster Family
  • Screwing the System (Screwing the System, #1)
  • Of Being Yours (Another Way #2)
  • If It Flies (Market Garden #3)
  • Straight Shooter (Rear Entrance Video, #3)
  • Ricochet
  • Bound: Forget Me Knot
It's been an amazing journey since DSP first contracted Lorcan's Desire in January 2011. I've published 2 free reads with the M/M Romance group, my back list is growing, met some great people and have made some amazing friends.
I'm still in shock that I'm listed among the many talented authors at Dreamspinner Press! The little voice in the back of my head is screaming, "You are so out of your leagu

Guards of Folsom (6 books)
  • Pup (Guards of Folsom, #1)
  • Tag Team (Guards of Folsom, #2)
  • Roped (Guards of Folsom, #4)
  • Mauled (Guards of Folsom, #4.5; Beyond Duty, #2)
  • Bound (Guards of Folsom, #5)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)