Start by marking “Paid For” as Want to Read:
Paid For

Paid For

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  5,057 Ratings  ·  435 Reviews
Mason foster goes through assistants like some people go through tissues. He’s sick and tired of having to replace them, so his best friend and business partner decides to help him out.

Kennedy Myers is here for a job and nothing else. But when the money is too good to be true, there’s nothing she won’t do to please her new boss. She’s bought and paid for, so who is she to
Published November 1st 2016

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
2.75 Smut Scale Stars

Not my favorite AR by any means, but still an entertaining enough read.

Find me at:

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
XxTainaxX
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
While we can expect AR books to be short, this one felt incomplete or rushed to me. The transitions happened really fast and I didn't have enough time to form a connection to the characters. The pace didn't really give Kennedy and Mason a chance to experience any kind of growth or development. The tale had the typical OTT possessiveness but some of Mason's assumptions and his behavior as a result didn't really sit well with me. The sexy times are good but with the aforementioned, it did take som ...more
Alexa Riley
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
She's LIVE!!!

pf_teaser3

pf_teaser2

pf_teaser1

pf_teaser4
Maya
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

Well...you all know I'm a fan of AR but lately I feel like their books are getting shorter and shorter and thus that the story is loosing on plot a lot! I don't know if it's just me or what but I really want the old AR books, where you got the sweetness, the smut and the plot. It didn't feel like you were reading just another short smut book where sex happens and that's that. So the way things are going now, I fear that just might happen with AR book
Chantal ❤️
3.75 ERRATIC STARS

PLEASE NOTE SOME SPOILERS AHEAD

This book for me sounded like a Harlequin Presents (HP) story meets Alexa Riley smut.

Firstly, we have the rich entitled business God Mason, whom it seems is able to treat his employees like whores and get away with it. There is no such a thing as sexual harassment or abuse.
Just like in most HP.

Secondly, the heroine Kennedy is a poor innocent sweetheart who is just working to support her family. He grandfather is ill and she must pay his cost o
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
When I was a little girl, I was a sucker for fairy tales. Now I still love them, and very much enjoy erotic fairy tales. Because that's what Paid For is.

Beware! Spoilers ahead! Honestly now, can such a book go any other way?

Take one poor, curvy princess woman.
description

Add the rich prince hot guy.

They meet.

He thinks her a hooker.

She is a virgin.
description

They fall in love have hot sex.
description

He finds out she's a virgin (She is MINE!).
description

He marries her (he would have anyway).

They have a baby.

The End!

P.S. There are no stu
Mysza
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it

Swear to god, ever single time when reading Alexa Riley. Such a guilty pleasure!
Coco.V
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Jayme
This is one of those more sexy and wicked books from Alexa Riley. Very quick office romance with age gap, possessive hero, innocent heroine and several filthy orders. No matter what you like, it definitely turns you on.

Mason is in need of a good assistant. With the help comes his best friend, who gives advert with high salary to find someone competent. Kennedy is in need of a well-paid job. When she sees the notice decided to lie a little bit and try to get a job that would solve hers problems.
Bookloverme
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's a great first read for me this year. I always start my reading challenge with Alexa Riley's book and I loved it!

The story is about Mason and Kennedy.

He and his business partner own Foster and Crate Company. She needed a job and applied as his assistant.

He thought she's an escort and she thought he did it with his former assistants.

There were few misunderstandings and he's been hot and cold because of that but they can't help what they feel for each other.

To be honest, doing what they did
Janie
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. This story is cute and typical AR which I love. The one issue I had though was Mason calling Kennedy sweetie. Just doesn't sound very "alpha" male to me. He calls her that 19 times in the book. I know, I'm crazy because I counted. But the books not long and every time he did, it kinda threw me out of the story a bit. Other than that, it was good ol' AR smut.
Gi's Spot Reviews
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.25 Smutty Stars
Denna✌
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Safe ,insta everything, OTT Alpha hero and smoking hot!! I will say I was a little scared in the beginning, wasn't sure i was gonna like the hero but he pulled it out in the end!
Claire Robinson
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 - "Just you... Always you." Stars!

ITs LIVE!

Amazon US : http://amzn.to/2fyBDKd
Amazon UK : http://amzn.to/2eVKCkL
Amazon CA : http://amzn.to/2e7k3aF
Amazon AU : http://amzn.to/2foR1JG

Alexa Riley, I am discovering has various levels of smut when it comes to her novella writing, and Paid For, for me was on the higher levels of the smut-o-meter.

Mason Foster, super grumpy, excessively alpha, uber dirty, pretty much falls for Kennedy Myers from their first meeting, even though he thinks she is some
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Probably closer to 1.5 stars than 2

I actually enjoyed the first 40% then it turned to shit and was just stupid.

Think I need a new author who writes short smutty stories.
Michelle
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, alexa-riley
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 07227ac7cbca4877835db61adb4bdf_zpsbpdzwsy3.gif

Fact One: I will drop anything and everything to read an Alexa Riley book. Fact Two: They are the only authors who can get away with their insta-love stories for me to enjoy and savor every page. Fact Three: Reading an Alexa Riley will bring a smile to anyone’s face as they make you believe in happily ever afters. And so in this over the top office romance story in Paid for, you are presented with a sexy in charge alpha male hero boss who w
Elle
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
2* work explicit version STARS!

Zzz... I'm so bored. Alexa Riley really disappoint me many times with every short, non-sense story. Everything they have new releases, I'm really excited but the truth was such a let down. It was like they're recycle the same formula over and over again. But I'm still read it, such a guilty pleasure!
Not until I have her under me and she’s bred with my baby. I want her bound to me as tightly as possible before she finds out she doesn’t have to work on her knees an
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
I enjoyed this one for the most part. The storyline was ridiculous, and the heroine basically whores herself out from the minute they meet. I loved the hero though. I like a little "asshole" in my heroes and he had that in spades.

Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
Smut-tastic!

If you're looking for a quick and easy read that's also a smutty little tale of sexy times and dirty talk, this might be for you. It’s totally OTT, but I enjoyed it well enough.

If you're looking for fleshed out characters, a believable storyline, and relationship development...this is a definite PASS.

3.5 Stars
Grecia Robles
Oct 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
No sé si reír o llorar

Nanci **Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
Once again Alexa had me panting and smiling. I did get sad a little over the grandpa :(. Too cute!

However, be warned the endearment for the heroine is Sweetie! Ugh I hate that word. Makes me think of 80 year old grandmas. So each time he said it I cringed a little and read over it. "sweetie" yuck. Oh well my issues!!
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #
** 4-4.5 “interesting” STARS **
Carmen de la Rosa
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Debido a que mi lugar en el infierno no ha estado suficientemente asegurado este año, me puse a leer este libro... ¡solo para estar segura! Atención TODOS los amantes de los chicles, aquí hay una lectura para ti!
Nicole
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
~5~ Can't get enough stars from me!!

Wow, just wow that was one of the hottest stories AR have created, the whole theme was extremely juicy from page one till the last page with the two sweet epilogues we have used to love.

Kennedy and Mason have an amazing chemistry, their roads crossed when Kennedy desperate decided to apply for a job which was beyond her knowledge, there will meet her boss who has wronged her situation and so things will get slightly complicated...

Enjoyable with fast pace, ste
Barbara➰
Typical AR that I love...Little bit of angst, some sweet and a lot of dirty. It reminded me a lot of her book Mechanic which is funny because that was the book snippet at the end. Coincidental? Maybe...but that was one of my favorites so it's all good ;)
Jos
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it
3 Stars....Just ok for me

I love Alexa Riley and I will always be a fan of hers regardless of how I felt about this particular story! It was just an ok read for me and definitely not one of my favorite stories by her but that's ok, she can't be perfect every time, wink, wink!
Leonor
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Sorry but I can't rate this more than 2.5 stars.
Just because this book wasn't for me it doesn't mean it's not for you.
And you know it's AR so it's safe.
My main problem was the hero and heroine.
I can't get over the fact that the hero was an asshole for more than half of the book thinking that the heroine is a (view spoiler) He keeps being an asshole until 51% and the book ends at 71%, sure it's a misunderstanding but where's the hero that AR always writes? I al
Astraycat
*Received an ARC from Ardent Prose*

Great read, and more intense than AR's some books: H thought h was someone she was not due to his business partner' s joke/misguding. However, it didn't prevent him from wanting her. Totally an OTT alpha male! Liked how he took over everything to remove her burdens, and gave her everthing, including a lot of hot scenes. Yes, he was rude at first, but he made up for it afterwards.

One thing I wished AR enlight us more was about Finn' s motive to lead H believe h'
Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.

They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!

Feel free to follow us ea
More about Alexa Riley

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“something in. I wonder what the heck he’s doing. It was almost like he was waiting for me. I don't say anything, not wanting to be rude. Maybe he lives in the building. He’s not a tall man, maybe five-eleven, which doesn’t seem so big after having Mason in my space. Mason’s more than a few inches over six foot. But what this man doesn’t have in height, he has in muscles. He looks like someone who used to wrestle, I think absently. His gray hair streaks over his once-solid black hair. If I had to guess, I’d say he’s in his early fifties. The elevator dings, and he follows me on, hitting the button for both of us. When I step out, he follows me out the building and down the street. I start walking faster, unsure what the heck is going on. “Miss Myers.” When he says my name, I stop and turn, and he almost runs into me. “I’m your security. No need to be scared of me.” “Security?” “Seems you like to wander. I’m here to make sure you don’t wander into trouble.” “I don’t wander,” I fire back. He raises his eyebrows and smiles. “Just doing my job, ma’am.” His easy smile forces me to release the tension in my shoulders. Sometimes things would get a little scary when I walked home to my old apartment. It wasn’t in the nicest neighborhood. Heck, sometimes I didn’t even feel safe in my apartment.” 0 likes