Start by marking “The Bluebird (Wings of the West Book 5)” as Want to Read:
The Bluebird (Wings of the West Book 5)

The Bluebird

(Wings of the West #5)

Molly Rose Simms arrives in Colorado to meet her brother, but instead finds herself searching for the mythical Bluebird mining claim with a man known as The Jackal.

“The Wings of the West series is a fresh take on women in the Old West and the men they love. I’m addicted to Kristy McCaffrey’s sexy westerns and adventurous heroines!”
—Ann Charles, USA Today Bestselling Author
Published October 31st 2016 by K. McCaffrey LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Bluebird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bluebird

Ann Green
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you love to read about Old West adventures in the time of silver and gold prospectors, this romance is for you! Although I did not read the other books in the “The Wings of the West series yet, this book can stand alone. Molly Rose Simms arrives in Colorado to meet her brother, Robert. However, Robert is no where to be found. Instead, she finds herself searching for the mythical Bluebird mining claim with a man known as The Jackal (Jake). As partners they don't always get along, but the chemi ...more
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-westerns
The author gives you a highly entertaining read that holds you attention with mystery, suspense , love triangle, with a touch of humor, fear that takes you on a compelling read leaving you guessing to who, what, when and where. Everyone is looking for the mine of all mines with a little bit of everything in it. The finder will be wealthy beyond his or her wildest dreams. Is there really such a mine or a old wife’s tale?

Molly is a very independent woman who wants to have the same rights as men.
Cynthia
I won this book from the author. I was not asked for a favorable review. All thoughts are my own. This is the 5th book in the series and this has the children of the older sister Mary from the first book, I loved each of these books in the series and the descriptions of the area that each happened was so vivid you could imagine you being there And by putting each of the girls in a challenging situation showed how women living in the west during this time had a lot of struggles and overcame a lot ...more
William Lichtwald
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gold in them there hills !!

I'm so grateful for you sharing your author talent with everyone who reads your books. I loved everyone of these bird books as my husband said .which bird you reading about tonight ! You are awesome. I will continue to read your books and share the joy of each one with my family and friends. Thanks so much Kristy
Respectively:
Joyce Lichtwald
Sue
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Molly went to visit her brother but couldn't find him. She thought he might be in some kind of trouble with him looking for gold and all. He wasn't there when she got there. She ran in to Jake literally, because he was looking for him to, they are/were partners. So they set off together to find him. They both run into trouble along the way, but turned out well in the end.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

This lively piece captures the essence of what life was like during the days of the mining boom in Creede, Colorado.

Read full review in the 2017 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Terri Walsh
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is only the second historical fiction book that I have read. I really enjoyed it and following the journey of the characters on their mining adventures! This book is number five in a series but it works well as a stand alone.
Jeanette Hurrelbrink
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blue bird

This was a great story. It was well written like book 1. Molly Rose set out to visit her brother. Little did she know that it was the beginning of a great adventure.
Beverly Hanners
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Molly Finds Love

This is a definite 5 star book. I couldn't read fast enough to suit myself. I highly recommend this book.
Maia Gomez
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely gripping new addition to the series! While the first 4 books were closely connected with the characters, this book is set a few years later after young Molly Rose has grown up. She arrives in Colorado to visit her brother, only to find he has disappears. While trying to uncover details about his absence, his old partner and friend, Jake the "Jackal" decides to step in and protect her. With breathtaking adventures into the mountains to search out a mythical lode, they must deal wit ...more
Kari Trumbo
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Molly Rose is looking for her brother, what she finds is an intricate scheme and he's right in the thick of it, and because she's trusted Jake, now she is too.

Molly and the mysterious Jake don't get off on the right foot, but the chemistry between them is palpable through the whole story. I loved the action, suspense, and wonderful tension between the H/h through the whole novel. Highly recommend.

This novel was given to me so that I might review it. I was in no way required to leave one and the
TJ
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story sat at 3 stars for me (lack of depth - surface story only) until the second half of the book when things got interesting! The twists and turns were both surprising and creative. So... surface story only but a great story it ended up being!
Robyn Echols
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

I thoroughly enjoyed the characters in this exciting romance. This tale of with its motley collection of silver and gold prospectors chasing the dream and stumbling over each other, sometimes with deadly results kept things interesting. In the end, it was surprising who ended up as partners and their motives. Well-written written, as usual.
Vickie Raynor
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The attraction between Molly and Jake was spot on with humor, magnetism and heat. Full of action, suspense and so many characters coming into play that it just worked. I absolutely loved this book! I can't wait to read more from this author. Book was gifted to me.
Lesia Chambliss
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another successful Wings of the West book. The Bluebird is another wonderful and unique western story by Kristy McCaffrey. There are many twists and turns in this adventure that will have you guessing and re-guessing before you get to the happily ever after. It's a fun and exciting book and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
NoraJLeSueur
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a hard time of putting this book down. The storyline was captivating and showed what one woman goes to keep her man alive. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a book with a western flavor and love mixed in.
Judy Esposito
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Bluebird!

I loved it! Wonderful characters, adventure, romance and a little suspense, made reading this novel, time well spent! I hated to see it end, but the added epilogue left me feeling very satisfied. Sexual content. JudyE
JoAnne
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read my review on RomanceJunkies.com by clicking on the link below:

Kitty Thompson
Jan 24, 2017
Elizabeth West
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Bluebird

A story full of adventure, drama and drama suspense. A romance of two people not certain they can trust one another.
arma austin
Andrea
Jul 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Loveland
  • Double or Nothing (Double, #2)
  • Leah and the Bounty Hunter (Men of Defiance, #3)
  • Audrey's Awakening (Oregon Sky #2)
  • Prairie Desire (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #3)
  • Wild Violet
  • The Wanting Heart
  • The Double Cross (Spanish Brand, #1)
  • The Lady and The Cowboy
  • Her Wicked Captain (The River Rogues, #1)
  • Dust Devil
  • Spring's Delight (Cowboy Seasons, #4)
  • Endless Heart (Heart, #3)
  • Home by Morning (Heroes of Heartbreak Creek, #3)
  • Heart of Gold (Mercers of Montana #2)
  • Wild Burn (Wild State, #1)
  • The Gunslinger's Untamed Bride (Bride, #2)
  • Laying Down the Law (The Triple Horn Brand, #1)
Kristy McCaffrey writes historical western romances brimming with grit and emotion, and she recently branched out into contemporary adventure stories packed with smoldering romance and spine-tingling suspense. Her work is filled with compelling heroes, determined heroines, and her trademark mysticism. Life is a wondrous endeavor, and she strives to bring that sense of awe and joy into the tales sh ...more

Wings of the West (5 books)
  • The Wren (Wings of the West Book 1)
  • The Dove (Wings of the West Book 2)
  • The Sparrow (Wings of the West Book 3)
  • The Blackbird (Wings of the West Book 4)
“For the right woman, we all strive to be a man worth his salt.” 0 likes