Start by marking “Alchemist (Orion Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Alchemist (Orion Chronicles, #2)

Alchemist

(Orion Chronicles #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Seventeen-year-old Rémy is a Conjuror—someone who can alter reality with his music. But such a talent comes with a price. He and his superpowered friends, Matt and Em Calder, are engaged in a dangerous battle to save humanity as we know it. If they are to succeed, they must first decipher a coded message in Rémy's dead mothers journal. A message which will lead them to an ...more
Published July 1st 2017 by Head of Zeus

To ask other readers questions about Alchemist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alchemist

Melenia
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!
Dreximgirl
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this instalment to be much better than the previous one. Where Conjuror was confusing this, I felt was clearer. There were still some confusing moments particularly a bit towards the end where I was like 'seriously?' and I'm not overly sure what is happening romance wise (honestly I'd be happy if they just didn't go there) but overall it was a good read and I'd say 3.75 from me.
Claudia
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
„Nephilim“ is the second book in the „Orion Chronicles“ by the Barrowman siblings. And what „Conjuror“ brilliantly started, is continued in „Nephilim“ in a superb way.
When you read this book you get on a rollercoaster ride all over the world and through time. And if you love the arts, music and history you are even more in for a treat. In a most imaginative way the authors create a web of different worlds of art and music and of different historical periods of time and connect them in their gri
Lyn Flanery
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One the best book I've read! Me and my daughter love to read Carole and John's series of books and this one is just simply amazing. Can't wait for more!
Irene
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Similar to the first book, it was disjointed. It got a bit better at the end, when the storylines sort of converged. Still confusing though.
Claudia Lindner
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With this book you go on a rollercoaster ride all over the world and through time. And if you love the arts, music and history you are even more in for a treat. In a most imaginative way the authors create a web of different worlds of art and music and of different historical periods of time and connect them in their gripping storytelling. The book's characters are vibrant and come across to the reader as three-dimensional. We get to know some new and different characters than in "Conjuror" befo ...more
Lasciel
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Like many others; I'm torn. I love the concept and the characters, they are lively entertaining and just broken enough to make them relatable. I hate to say it, but it is the writing that lets this book down. Continuity between chapters is patchy and the paragraphs have such a similar style throughout it is almost boring.

As others have said, the book gets better towards the end, becoming more fluid to read and gripping. The ending itself did feel anticlimactic. I wouldn't mind reading the rest o
Sanne
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bought-in-2018
I'm... once again torn. I really like the book, but on the other hand, this whole part of the series seems to be building up to a non-existent climax. The first novel in this series is basically introduction and some background, and this one is where all the action happens. And none of the climax.
Overall, though, it's a very good novel - well-written, reads easily and it drags you under immediately, but well... no climax. That's why it's four stars and not five.
Wendy
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear what a disappointment!

I loved the premise of this book but the reality was very disjointed and I didn't really get the ending at all. In fact I'm not it ended as much as just fizzled out. I'm not even sure how I got to the end as I was tempted to give up many times.

I don't think the rediculously short chapters helped as I lost track of the 'action' as the story kept jumping about especially in the latter stages.

Sorry John......and Carole.
Denise
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
The action-packed follow-up to Conjuror introduces a powerful new adversary and sees Rémy and the Calder twins get into a bunch of new trouble - which a certain 17th century artist may or may not have something to do with...

I do believe I enjoyed this even more than the first one. Very much looking forward to seeing this series continued.
T.L. Searle
I honestly have no idea what was happening most of the time.
Jeniece Goellner
Jul 27, 2017
Deborah
Jul 09, 2017
Shannon Fay
I have no clue what this book is about (well, I do now, after reading the synopsis, but I didn't when I bought it). But who cares? It was written by John Barrowman. I'll check out ANYTHING he does.
Debbie
Sara
May 08, 2017
Leigh
Nov 27, 2017
John Barrowman was born in Scotland, and moved to Illinois when he was eight years old. He is bi-dialectal, doing much of his stage and acting work in his American accent, but speaking with family in his Scottish accent.

He moved back to Britain in 1989 when he was hired to play the lead in Anything Goes. He took on a number of West End roles, including the leads in Sunset Boulevard and Miss Saigo

Orion Chronicles (3 books)
  • Conjuror (Orion Chronicles, #1)
  • Inquisitor (Orion Chronicles Book 3)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99