Start by marking “Such a Hope (Paths of Grace #1)” as Want to Read:
Such a Hope (Paths of Grace #1)

Such a Hope (Paths of Grace #1)

Washington Territory, 1871

Anna Warren grew up on the seat of a wagon, the daughter of Seattle's busiest freighter. After her father’s death—a tragedy away from home—she returns to their cabin on the outskirts of Seattle, seeking the sense of belonging that eluded her childhood. But will her desire to pray for miraculous healing for the sick and wounded endear or alienate
Published October 18th 2016 by Trail House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Such a Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Such a Hope

Start your review of Such a Hope (Paths of Grace #1)
Rebecca
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"It's not healing. It's not prayer. It's yourself. Your spirit, a spirit filled with His Spirit."

The young, recently orphaned Anna Warren has come home, home to Seattle where she and her father spent their life as freighters; hauling, talking, communing with God, barely belonging to the local community. Upon arrival she discovers that her property has been occasionally "borrowed" by a neighboring farmer, a protégé of her father, a talented agriculturalist who has great vision for educating area
Jessika
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a nice, clean inspirational romance--perfect for ending the year!

I enjoyed it & thought the message about faith was touching and profound. It was a slower read, but I mean that in a pleasant way--it didn't drag. It had a nice, relaxing pace. I truly enjoyed Tristan & Anna's journey through healing and forgiveness and ultimately towards love. I just loved Anna--she was an inspiring example of a Godly woman and yet she still held onto her spunk & wit. Kraak's writing was beautiful & flow
Susan Snodgrass
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read and enjoyed Sondra Kraak's first two books, but this one, her third, blew me away. What an amazing story.

Anna Warren's father has died and she goes home to their cabin and land, only to find Tristan Porter in the cabin. He suddenly finds a gun drawn on him as Anna wonders who would have the nerve to be poaching on her property.

Tristan Porter knew Peter Warren and deeply respected him. Tristan is a farmer and desperately wants the local university to begin a course in agriculture. He sees
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
I love Sondra Kraak's writing. It is beautiful, emotional, and just pulls you in. This story had me from page one all the way to the end. The best thing about it? I really felt that above being a fictional story, it was kind of a lesson in relying on the Lord and the wonderful power of prayer. Sondra is not afraid to show the gospel in her stories and that is one of the reasons I like them so much!

Mixed in with this powerful lesson is a bit of comedy. You don't see it a ton, but when you do you
Brenda Poulos
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Waiting Hearts

A delightful love story. Beautiful language and aptly-chosen scripture. Well-written, inspiring, and enjoyable. I look forward to reading book 2.
Tonya VanWinkle
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed it

I enjoyed reading this book and more about Oregon too. Thanks for writing and sharing it with all of us.
Dana Michael
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a Hope Was A Wonderful Read

This is the first book that I have read by this author. It won't be my last. Why? Because, this was such a sweet romance about a precious Christian young lady who recently lost her father and a handsome farmer who has his doubts about faith. This book is rich with inspiration and I highlighted many passages. This is such a sweet story and I definitely recommend it.
Kelly Tyree
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a Hope was such a wonderful book! Anne Warren returns to her cabin in Seattle after the death of her father. When she arrives at the cabin she sees it is occupied by her father's friend, Tristan Porter.

Tristan is a farmer who has big ideas. He wants to bring an agriculture program to the local university. Anne's father believed in Tristan's vision and before his death, wrote a letter that left his land to Tristan. Anne does not know this and he does not have the heart to tell her.

Anne lov
Josephine
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved it!

I have to say, though, I put off reading it out of concerns over how healing was handled, but the viewpoint I worried about was manifest in a character that got rejected for it, and the viewpoint I had was in the main character. In fact, the author expressed the theology concerns in words of the characters way better than I could, so I feel wiser now. And on top of that, the character with erroneous thinking still had tremendous good values and character, so he had very rede
Kathleen Denly
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: historical christian romance fans
Why This Book:

I first discovered Sondra’s writing when I happened upon her debut novel, One Plus One Equals Trouble. It turned out to be the first in her Love That Counts series and I eagerly awaited the next installment. After reading Two Ways Home, the second book in her Love That Counts series, I knew I’d found a new favorite author. So when I learned that Such A Hope would be releasing soon as part of a new series, I immediately added it to my TBR (to be read) list.

Then I attended the Ashevi
Elizabeth Fiscus
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting and Powerful

Anna is a very spiritual woman. She feels called by God to pray for people who are hurt or suffering. Some people see her as a threat, others say that she heals people instead of God, and others want her excommunicated and driven away.
Tristan was a friend of Anna's late father. He is driven by farming and wanting to teach others about it just like Anna is driven to pray. He doesn't like Anna praying for others and giving them what he sees as false hope due to his past.
An
Sue Caldwell
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming reminder of grace

This book made me laugh and cry. It is eloquently written with purity and innocence through the pages. It reminded me that in the end of it all, the only thing that matters is Jesus. The experience of the characters is so well written that you want to be their friend and go into the story to visit them for a while. I was sorry to read the last page because I became so intimately involved with Tristan and Anna that I didn't want my relationship with them to end.
Christine Dillon
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an easy, smooth read.
My favourite part was the whole issue of healing. Seeing people's misunderstandings and the ease with which they elevated the person doing the healing. How stupid we are. The author had her character says many helpful things on the subject.
The other thing I liked were many fresh ways of expressing things - "He stopped like a hoe hitting a rock." "His jaw tense enough to crack a walnut." "His gut felt like someone had beaten it and fried it for breakfast."
Dorothy Beer
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
An unusual,story. Anna returned home after losing her father. Her deep faith and,committed prayers cAused some of the town's people to mistrust or misunderstand when several people appeared

to be miraculously cured. Tristen didn't know how,to tell her that her father had,left the property to him. A lot of surprising twists took place before the truth was finally revealed. Gave,it 4 stars
Monica
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Liked it but didn't love it

First of all I really enjoyed the premise of the book. The setting is familiar territory to me since I live in Washington state.

I like Tristan A LOT! I loved his character and integrity. I also really liked Anna. I didn't like how it took 75% of the book for either of them to realize they were developing feelings of them. And I really dislike it when the characters wait until the very last of the book to say I love you.

Haley Resseguie
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

I have read and enjoyed all of Sondra Kraak's books, but this one is the best. I loved the relationship between Anna and Tristan and how it naturally developed throughout the book. And Kraak did a wonderful job of describing Anna's gift, not as a healer but as a prayer warrior led by the Spirit and acknowledging that only God heals at His own discretion. Highly recommend this book!
Audra
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More than I thought it would be

This book was a pleasure to read. It was also one that needed to be read while I struggle with my own issues. The book centers on Faith and forgiveness and believing in the power of prayer. A relaxing book for chaotic days. It's helps to have a bit of romance along with it as well!
Anne-Marie Webster
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A story of faith and forgiveness

What do you do when life's trials are bigger than you are and beyond your ability to reconcile with a good God? Will hardship make you bitter or stronger? Will they make or break your faith? Is it possible to be peaceful in the midst of turmoil? Will forgiveness truly bring healing to the hurting heart?
Niki Farkas
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely surprise!

I just discovered this gem of an author and this book. I was fell in love with the characters and their journey. What a deeply engaging story! I will make sure I read everything else she has written! Don't miss this story!
Jessica
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and its main characters. The premise was quite interesting and I had not read a Christian fiction book before with this character plot. I would definitely consider reading more from this author.
KyLee Woodley
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read

Good clean read. I thoroughly enjoyed Sondra's portrayal of historic Seattle, and also the way she communicates Biblical values in this book. I was surprised by some of her ideas, in a good way. 😊 Thanks for a great read, Sondra.
Heather
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Having lived outside of Seattle, I appreciated the historical references and setting. I liked both Anna and Tristan and enjoyed watching their growth. I like a novel where characters grow in faith, but this was pretty heavy on those conversations, with quite a bit of repetition.
Shirley McClay
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoyable

A fun to read book with a different perspective on farming during Pioneer times. Also a different perspective on healing ministry that really makes you think.
Jane Rayburn
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a Hope

Very good book! I couldn't put it down. You experience so many emotions. Great characters, great plot. And faith in our Lord always present. Clean Christian romance.
Patricia Fuller
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
a great read - God's mysterious ways and His grace make this a faith-filled story ...more
carol ann miller
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great

This was a wonderful religious story. A story about courage, family, community, faith and love. A feel good book worth reading
Wildia Maness
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spirit filled

What a wonderful book. It shows that you can write a great story and keep it clean. Anna is a wonderful testimony. Definitely recommend reading it.
Lucienne Ouellette
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a hope

Very well written. This story shows how lies and dishonest means can bring break relationships. I enjoyed the scripture verses used so very appropriate.
Kemi Ola
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Deep

Love the characters
Love the plot
Love the message on faith and healing
The only reason why I give it four stars is because the ending felt rushed
S Hromas
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hard to put down.

I liked the characters, the storyline, the tension between them, it was a great read. Good Bible facts too, made it a natural part of the story.

• Love Finds You in Last Chance, California
  • To Steal a Heart (The Bleeker Street Inquiry Agency, #1)
  • The Runaway Pastor's Wife
  • The Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams, #1)
  • Calming the Storm (Healing Hearts #1)
  • The Bridge to Belle Island
  • Weaver's Needle
  • Marrying Miss Marshal (Wild Wyoming Hearts, #1)
  • Triumph and Treasure (Highland Heather Romancing a Scot Series Book 1)
  • A Time to Say Goodbye (The Abolitionist Chronicles #1)
  • Buried Beneath the Boarding House: A Shocking True Story of Deception, Exploitation and Murder
  • Jenny is Free
  • My Thomas: A Novel of Martha Jefferson's Life
  • A Slave in the White House: Paul Jennings and the Madisons
  • The Outhouse
  • Fireball: The true story of a Tennessee plow girl who survived poverty, abuse, and eleven husbands with wit, wisdom, and tenacity.
  • Harriet Tubman: The Road to Freedom