Start by marking “Who's That Girl” as Want to Read:
Who's That Girl

Who's That Girl

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  426 Ratings  ·  105 Reviews
At seventeen, I had almost-kissed two people.

When Natalie McCullough-Schwartz finds out that her crush, Sebastian Delacroix—a smoking-hot musician who went to her high school—is back in Philly to play a show with his band, the Young Lungs, she takes it as a sign to make contact. Again.

“Again” because they shared that moment at the pool party in June. It was fleeting, but n
Published July 11th 2017 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Who's That Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who's That Girl

Lola
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bring this book to the beach, you won’t regret it.

It’s a light contemporary romance story that does discuss serious themes from time to time. Nattie and her friends struggle to make this gay-straight alliance strong at their school and Nattie is proud some of her friends are gay or lesbian.

Though what is mainly on Nattie’s mind is the new song Sebastian—her crush—composed and sang at this mini-concert. Her name is mentioned, but still, she’s not sure it’s actually about her. Though she hopes it
Jodi
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This book has some of the best dialogue I've read in a looooong time. The snappy banter between the characters was one of my favorite things about this fun new YA! I felt like I was right there hanging out with the two Zach's, Tess, and Nattie, and following all their inside jokes (Jamba Alert!). This book's clever hook will draw you in from the get-go, but the well-rounded, awesome characters will keep you turning the page.
Julie
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was perfect with the romance and the friendship. I loved tess, Sam, and and Zach, and the whole gang. natty was so normal and loved her parents. this book was perfect ❤❤
Stacee
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved this synopsis so much and I sort of breaks my heart to say 3 stars might be too high of a rating.

Nattie was a decent enough MC. Her inner monologue was rough for me to settle into and I'm not sure I ever really did. There were a lot of secondary characters, but they all felt flat and clichéd. I struggled with Tess and Zach because I didn't get to know them: it was pretty much all Nattie, all the time.

Plot wise, I straight up loved the idea. I think it was the execution that didn't work
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
3.5 Stars

This was a really fun story that combined everything you could want in a summer contemporary: friend drama, romantic drama, family drama. Basically a lot of drama, but in a fun and light-hearted way. The story was a breeze to read and I found myself laughing a lot!

Things I Liked :
The family dynamic was so fantastic. It felt like a scripted sitcom family, but in the best way possible. There was such great situational humor blended with incredibly real relationships and conversations.

The
Tracey Neithercott
Well, this was all sorts of adorable. is the kind of book you want to curl up with after a long and possibly terrible day. That’s exactly what I did, and I couldn’t help but smile pretty much the entire time I was reading it. Part of that came from Nattie’s quirky family, especially her father, who was hilarious and stole every scene he was in. If you loved the parents in Easy A, you'll adore Nattie’s, too.

Then there are her friends, each of whom I completely adored, especially Zach. Because of
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
While this was cute and easy enough to read, it felt a little forced. I'm all for diversity but the YA genre has been inundated lately and for me, this felt like a bit of everything had been added in just for the sake of it. There was no feeling of authenticity and instead felt a bit over the top.
Samantha (WLABB)
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, ya, contemporary
Rating: 3.5 Stars

This was a super-cute rom-com that had me laughing out loud and often. I am pretty sure I wore a smile from the beginning until the end of this book. I am of lover of all things fun and cute and this one really delivered.

Things I loved:

*Nattie was adorable, quirky, a little nerdy, and a bit awkward. I really enjoyed her Lucy-esq antics, and that she was just so normal. Her emotions, fears, and joys were so commonplace. It was easy to relate to her.

*Nattie's friends were such a
Eric Smith
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
ADORED this. Full review soon.
Katherine Locke
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an entertaining, funny, awkward as hell in a very deliberate way and a VERY UPSETTINGLY REAL WAY romantic comedy. It's ripe for TV, so someone really needs to get on that, okay? Just. The parents! The exchange student! The friends! THE AWKWARD! Natalie's voice! UGH SEBASTIAN.

This was an utter delight and YA contemporary fans, this is a must read. It hits alllll the right buttons. Super recommend for fans of Cath's voice and awkwardness in FANGIRL and the friendships and quirk of Morgan
Hristina
A fun read overall. Here are the remarks from my notes:
-the lead's behavior was a little confusing at times
-the whole Tall Zach & Zach the Anarchist thing isn't pulled off properly, going back to reread happened a few times cause I had no idea which Zach was talking
-odd comments here and there that could've been worded better disrupted the flow ("“That’s how we’re going to turn a profit.” Zach narrowed his eyes at me as I chewed the cookie. It was, of course, really good." is the example tha
Carolyn
First thoughts: Just okay.

Review: Had to bring this one down to two stars.My biggest problem with this book is that I didn't care for Nattie. She had no personality, she had nothing going on in her life, she was just there.

Nattie has a crush on Sebastian, who graduated the prior summer and is an aspiring musician. Sebastian's band has a hit song, "Natalie." So for some reason, Nattie freaks out and becomes a shell of a person. Makes some really odd decisions and allows others to make plans for
Sam (AMNReader)
Adorably adorable, predictably predictable but also had me chuckling multiple times. Fun characters. A great debut but doesn't add anything to YA genre for me.
Ava
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't think of anything I hated about this book, so I think it's more of a case of it didn't impress me very much or stand out in any way. Review to come later.
Deborah
Fun and enjoyable read. Most of the characters are believable. The relationships are intriguing and the dramatics often come with a dose of humor. I don't really care for Sebastian. In both arguments Nattie was involved in, I was on her side even though I don't think the book wants you to be. One of the best things is following the unique circumstance Nattie has found herself in.
Hannah
Aug 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
I'm in the minority for this but that's okay. It happens. I was not impressed with any of the characters. Nothing special about the main character. Her friend Tess or whatever was a complete piece of work. She reminded me too much of someone I don't like in real life. I tried but this just wasn't for me.
Laurence R.
This is a really cute book! It definitely succeeded in making me forget about work.
Amara ⚔

Sort of nice and fun.

RTC
Lilly (Lair Of Books)
***3.75 stars***

Review to come on LairOfBooks (Link is in the bio)
Suzanne
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quirky characters, gripping teenage angst, familiar locale, a bit too wordy but quite a fun and easy read. I believe my teenage self would have loved it!
TS
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I was reading the book, I was thinking this would be two stars, but it picked up towards the end, and so I think it warrants a 2.75 or something along those lines. BT's writing is flawless; it flows easily, she knows how to construct her sentences to make them seem almost poetic or at the very least, crucial; but the plot, although its premise was promising, was boring. I thought I wouldn't be able to put this book down but instead I kept just picking it back up to get it done with. Unfortuna ...more
Sophie Brookover
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, ya
A delightful YA romcom/classic friendship & family-ship, set in my beloved Delaware Valley, in & around Philadelphia. Prep school kid & Latin whiz Nattie has a couple of intense, not-quite-making-out moments with a hot boy who graduated for her school, and now it seems like his catchy indie rock song might be about her? Also, she & her bestie need a good band to play the LGBTQIA dance, so...maybe the Young Lungs could do it? Wackiness and genuine emotions ensue, and resolve very ...more
This was fine. I'm really unenthused by most of this year's YAs... it's possible it's me, but they seem like a lot of the same. Anyway, cute enough read, I was irked that there was a random running joke than Sam Huang the foreign exchange student was always called by his full name like Huang was soooooo funny. I know this is a thing that happens but it was pretty icky to read, to be honest.
Nicole
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cute and funny!! i really enjoyed this. the only flaw was that it was too straight. but every character other than the leads wasn't so i can let it slide.
alex
This was so good up until the 2/3rds mark, and then it all kind of fell apart. Oh well, I still thought it was pretty enjoyable overall, and there were some GREAT gay jokes tossed in.
Noemi Martinez
May 25, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It didn’t really explain the characters and their actions! It was very confusing.
Trista
I went in to this book thinking it would be a cute read with some romance, a growth arc, a little angst, and it had all of that. It also had great friendships, great dialogue between characters, and was a lot of fun to read. I loved the group of friends, the family dynamics, and the plot.

Nattie was an easy character to like, even when she was making bad decisions because I could understand her reasoning behind them. That didn't mean I agreed with her or that I couldn't see the bad outcome that w
Sonja
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was completely charming, and perfectly captures both my high school and the neighborhood where I grew up. This book filled me with joy and nostalgia in equal measure.
Mary-ellen
This book had a slow start. I was waiting for a "Save the Cat" moment, so I could like Nattie more, but it didn't happen. I struggled to care for her. I didn't like the character of Tess either. At times I couldn't understand why Nattie would want to be friends with her. Then towards the end of the book, there was a line of dialogue that read as so heavily didactic, that it really put me off. "Where would you rather be, off drinking wine coolers and having pre-marital sex?" Ugh. I'm not sure the ...more
F.M.
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A YA contemporary debut with adorable/funny awkwardness, a strong group of friends, musical theming, and compulsive readability. I loved the voice in this book -- for such a large cast of friends, the dialogue came naturally and felt very distinct, which is a difficult task! The basic premise is that main character Nattie discovers that the boy she had a massive crush on / sort-of kissed the previous summer has hit the big time with his band's song "Natalie"... and when the band comes to town to ...more
Young Adult Conte...: #46 Who's That Girl by Blair Thornburgh 1 7 Nov 22, 2017 11:51AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please help with title fix! 3 135 Apr 14, 2016 10:59AM

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Black Bird of the Gallows