Start by marking “Tuwing Ikatlong Sabado” as Want to Read:
Tuwing Ikatlong Sabado

Tuwing Ikatlong Sabado

Every Third Saturday

May guro, flight attendant, med student, at tarot card reader. May lisensyadong physical therapist. May copywriters ng ahensya. May wannabe artista. Ang mga miyembro ng Words Anonymous ay pinagtagpo-tagpo ng parehong pagmamahal sa spoken word poetry sa isang maliit na cafe sa isang malit na cafe sa Malate, Manila.

Isang safe space kung tawagin ang open m
Published 2016 by ABS-CBN Publishing

Kumiko Mae LovingSunshine
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
yung mga ganitong libro yung tipo ng mga babasahing iniiwan akong iniisip na hindi na rin masama. hindi na rin masamang magbigay. hindi masamang sumubok. hindi na rin masama kahit malungkot. na minsan mapait sa dulo. kasi minsan hindi na rin masama yung ang tamis ng simula. na sa gitna'y may fireworks. kahit panandalian lang yung kislap, hindi na rin masama. yung ganitong mga tula yung hindi ko mapigilang basahin ng ulit-ulit hindi dahil sa mga salita. hindi dahil sa pagbuhol-buhol ng bawat tala ...more
Star is Late to Everything
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Mahusay ang mga taga-Words Anonymous.
Mostly, though, mapanakit sila.

Pero sobrang hinahangaan ko ang pagmamahal nila sa sining ng tula, at sana alam nila na ilang beses kong kinailangang huminto sa pagbabasa para lang yakapin 'yung libro.

My personal favorites:
Dulo't Simula by Zuela Herrera
Para Sa Mga Naghihintay at Naiinip and Buo by Jihad Mambuay
Unnatural by Louise Meets
EVERYTHING BY ANGEL CRUZ, HONESTLY.
Isang Pagsusuri Sa Tipo ng Taong Hindi Minamahal by M. Manese (also known as Shet, tal
Eunice Moral

Para sa Naghihintay at Naiinip
and Women Need Saving
Mizhelle
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Picked this up at the airport, excited to read something in Tagalog for once. I found some pieces to be entertaining, a few moving, but overall, I found most to be a handful of beautiful words that are easily forgettable.

The book still makes for a pleasurable read while passing time, but it doesn't have that aftertaste that haunts you long after you've finished reading.
Caye
This book is a discovery of native talent. I haven't read much books written by fellow Filipinos, so this compilation of poetry and pieces was a refreshing read.

Confession: I expected that this book would be mostly about love. I was kinda dreading it. I was so used to reading the "I'm a hard person to love" narrative, the "don't date the girl/guy who does this and that" etc. that I really hoped this book wasn't all about that. I wanted fresh thoughts that didn't entirely tackle love, and if they
Aviecayl Uy
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
There were poems in this collection that just hit me. Hard. Especially the pieces about mental illnesses.
Eren Belle
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Maureen
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Inaamin ko binili ko 'tong libro dahil kay Juan Miguel. Nabaliw na kasi ako sa kanya. Nabaliw na rin kasi ako sa mga piyesa niya. Pero ang pagmamahal ko sa spoken word poetry ay mas lumala pa nang mabasa ko ang sulat ng iba pa niyang kilala.

Para sa akin, dalawa lang naman ang makikita mo sa librong ito.

1. Puso at damdamin
2. Kasarinlan

Puso at damdamin ang pinag-ugatan ng mga ito. Malalim ang naging hugot na nagbunga ng mga magandang piyesa. (At ibig-sabihin ng hugot ay hindi lamang romansa.) Naka
Judy Grace Legaspi
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I have a penchant for collection of poems, short stories, etc as you can feel the pieces were borne out of pure emotion, #feels. Tuwing Ikatlong Sabado is a voice of the struggling millenials. Hugot sa social issues, hugot sa pag-ibig. Nice read overall, but the reading experience could still be improved by arranging the stories per emotional intensity or angst (instead of by author), such that at some part you'd recognize a climax* -- i have 4 nominations for this (very feminine tho): Dulo't Si ...more
Beverly Vasquez
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: filipino-gems
I don't usually buy compilations of poems - this is my first one. And I could say I have no regrets in buying it. This is the book I'd bring to an overnight with friends and let them borrow it, just because I know they will like it as well and it's an easy read (since it's just a poem, longest na ang 2 pages).

It gave me thoughts to ponder about, minsan kahit 'di ko pa gusto - just because the message really BOTHERED me. Inunti-unti ko pa ang pagbasa, one to three poem per night, kasi na i-stres
Atlas
Nov 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Honorable mentions (pieces I loved):
Marka by Zuela Herrera
Transition Girl by Roch Lazarte
Isang pagsusuri sa tipo ng taong hindi minamahal by M Manese
Biyaheng Malandi by Jonel Revistual
'Yung Nakatayo at 'Yung Nakaupo by Jonel Revistual
About the Good Days by Angel Cruz
Museo ng Mga Mananampalataya by Angel Cruz
☆☆☆ Ina by Kat Roxas ☆☆☆
☆☆☆ Melting Chocolate by Kat Roxas ☆☆☆
Jobert
Mar 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Again, it is better to hear it first. Unlike poems, spoken words are weak when not spoken. Uhmm hence the name. Anyway, I liked two entries: Isang Pagsusuri sa Tipo ng Taong Hindi Minamahal by M. Manese and The Echo by Trevor Viloria.
John Vincent
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Napakahusay ng mga tula at tuluyang pinagsama-sama sa aklat na ito. Mabisa ang pagkakagamit sa mga salita. Hindi puro ukol sa pag-ibig ang tema ng mga piyesa na nakalimbag, tumatalakay din ang ilan dito sa mga napapanahong isyu, sosyal man o politikal.
Kim
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
I have a lot of issues with the editing.
Michael
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: filipino
I am in love with Spoken word poetry. I can't be saved.
Ivy Catherine
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
siguto may dalawa o tatlong piyesa lang akong nagustuhan, the rest mejo paulit ulit na.
Victor Kim de Luna
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It can break you really hard!!!

If you are trying some fresh from young writers of poetry you should try this one. It envelops most specially everyday crisis, love -bittersweet-, LGBT rights, family, that you can relate as an individual.
Warlou Joyce Antonio
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-read, poetry
Now that I’ve been to various shows of Words Anonymous (WA), I tend to imagine the poems in Tuwing Ikatlong Sabado being performed by their respective writers.

Through this book, the WA members trace back their roots to their so-called home. While some of the pieces are relatively new, this collection comes across as a tribute to their first stage as a group, the Sev’s café. It brings to mind the nights my friends and I would visit this unassuming little café where WA would bare their souls to a
Kristina Noelle
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A collection of poems that are so good when you see it performed but breaks your silently when you read it by yourself. Makes you want to write more poetry and adore poets.
Fatima
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Matagal ko na natapos ang libro na ito at hindi ko na matandaan kung kailan ko natapos ito pero alam kong October lang tapos ko na basahin. Ngayon ko lang din kasi nakita sa goodreads 'yung book niya. MABUHAY KAYO!!! Iyan ang masasabi ko sainyo, sa husay ninyo gumawa at magpahayag ng sarili niyong damdamin. Napakagaganda ng nilalaman at talagang tatamaan ka sa bawat salitang iyong mababasa. Sana magkaroon ulit ng third book kasi sobrang nakaka-inspired kayo. HANDS DOWN TO THE TEAM!!!!
Andrea
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
I could hear the writers performing the pieces inside my head and I think that's amazing. I love Words Anonymous and spoken word poetry in my mother tongue. This book broke my heart, made smile, made me laugh, and ultimately made me feel so many emotions all at once I cannot find ways to articulate them perfectly.
Arrianne
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've seen these group of people perform. From the walls of Sev's Cafe, their home, to stages with more crowd than ever. I've always been a fan of spoken word poetry. And it makes me so happy that there are people who are doing this locally, because there is so much content that the world has yet to see. Words are so beautiful, amazing, and remarkable.
Jan Jimunzala
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: favorites
I always wanted to watch the shows of Words Anonymous (WA), but due to my hectic schedule I can’t. However, through this book I feel I was transported during their live shows.
Their words just hit me. There are times that I stopped reading it for a moment because my heart & mind can’t handle the impact of their works.
Another book like this please!! :D
Dale
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: local, poetry
Collection of poetry about different forms of love, heartbreaks, depression, sexuality, and patriotism. I fell deeper in love with local poetry. Magnificent. Outstanding. Superb. Looking forward for more marvelous masterpiece. I highly recommend!
Maricon Lastrilla
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the poems in the book. And 95% of the poems there, I can relate.
Kara
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
The Zuela Herrera and Serge Gabriel pieces were A+. I think I may have found my future wedding vow.
Kurt Agunday
  • Lakompake!
  • Si
  • Stupid is Forevermore
  • Project 17
  • Heartless, Part One (Heartless #1)
  • The Other Side
  • Halo-Halong Kwento Presents: Sago Serye
  • The King of Jerks
  • Ang Buhay na Hindi Bitin: How to Live Life Content, Blessed and Worry-Free
  • In Sisterhood—Lea at Lualhati
  • Si Janus Sílang at ang Labanáng Manananggal-Mambabarang (Janus Sílang, #2)
  • Pag-Ibig Thingy