Start by marking “Perilous Hunt (Fallen Empire, #7)” as Want to Read:
Perilous Hunt (Fallen Empire, #7)

Perilous Hunt

(Fallen Empire #7)

After failing to catch up with her daughter Jelena so many times, Alisa's optimism is battered, but her determination has never waned. She, Leonidas, and their eclectic crew are hunting down a Starseer research station in the heart of the Kir Asteroid belt—Jelena's supposed location. Alisa vows that she will find her daughter if she has to search a million asteroids to do ...more
Published October 18th 2016

Start your review of Perilous Hunt (Fallen Empire, #7)
Tammie
After failing to catch up with her daughter Jelena so many times, Alisa's optimism is battered, but her determination has never waned. Alisa vows that she will find her daughter if she has to search a million asteroids to do so.

But Jelena and her close friend, Prince Thorian, have attracted the interest of many factions, and the Star Nomad isn’t the only ship on the hunt…

3.5 stars. Another fun entry into the series. We finally get some results. There are a couple of things that bother me about
Jamila
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excuse me while I cry, rejoice, freak out, laugh out loud, panic, and melt
Hallie
Dec 31, 2016 added it
Shelves: sf
Still too much 'banter', still too much talk about Leonidas's penis, still too many improbably escapes from unbeatable odds. Having read this many books, though, of course I had to get to the end.
Kelly
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alisa's mission to rescue her daughter has taken her to some interesting places. Deserted space stations and hidden bases are only the next step in this crazy cross-galaxy chase she's on. With different factions closing in for entirely different reasons (kinda), she's racing against the clock and one power-mad rogue Starseer who doesn't have any qualms about destroying those who get in his way.

Which means Alisa needs to be on her toes as she follows her intuition and the clues leading her on.

Lorre
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in this awesome series!
The usual banter between the crew members keeps making me snort or grin while reading.
Lots of action again as well which is no suprise with the never ending list of enemies the crew of the Star Nomad has.
LAB☺
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
More like 3.5*
Denise
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016, own
After a series of near misses, Alisa hopes to finally catch up with the group containing her kidnapped daughter Jelena at a Starseer station in the Kir Asteroid Belt. The station turns out to be deserted, but what she learns there proves promising: The Starseers and their young charges left only a short while ago, on a short range shuttle that can't have gotten very far. If she has to, Alisa will search every single asteroid for her missing daughter. Unfortunately, the crew and passengers of the ...more
Literati Literature Lovers
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.25 Stars

This is one action packed science fiction adventure. I absolutely adore the Fallen Empire series because of the characters and their banter. Buroker's book is full of quirky characters and danger as Capt. Marchenko tries to locate her kidnapped daughter and save the universe from destruction from a powerful ancient relic. She happens to be added by the very delicious cyborg Leonidas who was on the opposite side in the previous war that divided the galaxy.
This book is chocked full of
Kati
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
The adventure continues as Alisa finally makes some headway towards finding her daughter, and Leonida's, ahem, problem. But as usual one step forwards and two steps back as this story is set to wrap up in the final book coming up. A fun series!
Jenny Koch
I love this author and while I appreciated how the series plot is finally really moving forward, I just wasn't feeling it. Something about the romantic aspect in this book felt a little forced.
Navdha
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Finally!! Shit's just about hit the fan whoop whoop!
Jason
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is probably one of the most pivotal books in the entire series, as Alisa desperately continues the hunt for Jelena. Of course, there are several other key plot lines running through the story and in this penultimate book of the series (ignoring Cyborg Legacy), Buroker does a superb job of wrapping up a few of them, resolving things that have been there since book 1. Of course, these open new plot lines, making it all the more interesting, and it is both clever and creative the way she ...more
Kay Dee
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
still love the series and the characters but...

i really like the characters especially Leonidas, Mica, Beck, and Yumi. Alisa is rather annoying in this book. Aleberdaus has always been annoying and i don't get why he is still on the ship or still in Alisa's head. why hasn't she asked the other starseers to make him stop or reprimand him or teach her to block it or something? i mean, either do something to prevent it or stop complaining about it already. (i feel that way about most things.
Tim Seabrook
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
They're all back in space with even more crew that ever before. Having helped save the Starseers base and come close to getting the Staff of Lore, Alisa and crew of the Star Nomad now have several more Starseers on board and the turncoat Admiral Tiang who has knowledge of cyborg anatomy along with Stanislav, Alisa's father.

All say they are there to help or to get to her next destination and she trusts none of them except for their own self interest. Yet despite their stated intentions, she now
Banshee
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was another good addition to the series. Although I still enjoyed the novel I didn’t love it like I did the first four novels in the series. I found the later books had less humour as I loved the banter between Leonidas and Alisa. Now that they are more or less a couple, their comedic conversations have really gone down hill.

The plot was great with tons of action and suspense. The middle started to drag a bit as they explore the asteroid belt but the ending was epic. I thought the novel
Pauline
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Book/episode 7 in the Fallen Empire series (second to last) Perilous Hunt sends us deep into space where we uncover a mysterious starseer base hidden in the asteroid field that remains of Kir. Unfortunately abandoned, the research base does contain state of the art medical facilities, and Alisa and Leonidas make a sudden decision to see if there's anything they can do to help restore Leonidas' (ahem) functions.

Unfortunately, peace doesn't last long as the Alliance is hot on their tail,
Karen
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perilous

This series has been a great journey as the Nomad, a seventy year old freighter, scours space looking for Starseer children and an ancient artifact. The Empire lost the war with the Alliance, yet an Empire cyborg and the emperor's surgeon have found passage, along with an alliance mechanic and a security officer/chef and a group of Starseers. Alisa, a former Alliance fighter pilot, captains the freighter as they go up against the Alliance, remnants of the Empire, rogue Starseers, pirates
Susan Crutchfield
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Find the daughter yet?

Although I realize there is 1 more book to this series, I'm not going to read it. I was enjoying this series-- at first. The first few books were cool in the fight scenes and dialogue. Then book 6 & book 7 became just silly. Okay, okay, cool the heroine is in love with a cyborg. But the overuse of not just 'innuendo ' but the word itself made me speed read through the last couple of chapters. It took 7 books to find the daughter. Oh ok. Not that worried, huh.
My advice
Debra Novotny
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this author. I've read other material she has written. This series presents a new group of characters. I like the differences and the struggles their complex personalities provide.

The only reason I am not giving the books a 5-star rating is because it seems to me that the thoughts of sex pop into people's heads in the middle of battle. This is distracting from the story and not meaningful. Instead it feels like filler material.

I love a good romance and steamy reading but put it in the
Francene Stanley
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Plenty of action is this penultimate novel—both on the interpersonal level and below the asteroid belt. Alisa is adding more passengers to her spaceship without even trying. I’m not sure anyone pays their way, but they sure appreciate the security officer’s cookies.
Lindsay Buroker handles the numerous battle scenes with brilliance, along with scene-setting to satisfy her avid readers, who, like me, are no doubt impressed by the incredible imagination needed to weave such a complicated cast into
Mike Lovell
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
A little harder for me to finish

Overall I have enjoyed this series, but after reading this book I'm ready for it to end. I find the sexual banter tedious and annoying. I had to speed read a few chapters to get through this book and I'm looking forward to the conclusion of then series. I will be buying the last book and will keep my fingers crossed that our Serenity knock off crew will be able to stay on task for once. I guess this book is to be more light hearted, and I am looking for more
Linda
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read_in_2017
The books in this series are full of hype, stereotypes, often stupid humor, 'lewd comments', mad scientists, cyborgs, adventure, android ships and the like, and I enjoy them immensely. Whatever is not perfect with this book didn't matter.

This is the seventh of the eight books in the series, and things are starting to 'come together'. I immediately started with the last book and can't wait for the conclusion of this series.
Timelord Iain
The transition from loving a series to hating it can sometimes flip on a dime. This series was great for awhile, but it just dragged on too long. Characters never really grew, and it started to feel like the series could continue forever at a certain point... and the innuendo has gotten ridiculous...
Jailyn
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, 2018
I gave previous books lower ratings (4 stars), possibly because I was comparing it to the Emperor's Edge books, or possibly because something was missing. This book encapsulated what I was looking for. Perhaps it was the romance heating up, or maybe it was the growth of other relationships. I just enjoyed it more. As always, it was action-packed and full of adventure.
Robin
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maybe the best one yet (Fallen Empire series).

I was immersed in the story from beginning to end. Lots going on throughout. Complicated relationships and conflicting emotions. If you read this one there is no way you won't want to read no.8 immediately afterwards . That's what I'm going to do...right now!
Rita C
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice to see Alisa finally get her daughter back. I will be really glad when the quest to retrieve Thorian and the Staff are concluded and Alisa can finally have her happily ever after. Hopefully she can also offload most of her obnoxious passengers then! Each installment does have a lot of humor and excitement, to keep you going on.
Brian White
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I think this series has run out of steam a little bit. I plan to read the eight and final novel just to see where it all comes out but I enjoyed the earlier novels better than I did this one. Still, I mostly listened to this in the car while driving and it is an entertaining way to fill a long road trip.
Kian
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finally she found her daughter and She and leo DID IT. I still live this series and hope it continues with similar path and doesn't stagnate. Some author tend to do that after couple of books. I didn't like how they were alway a step behind but I enjoyed the continued banter between all of them.
Amber
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Space opera rules

I have enjoyed the entire series so far and this installment is no exception. No spoilers here but I will say there are some satisfying moments in PH in the overall storyline.
Sheity Williams
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist
I forgot to mention previously how happy it made me to see my ships come true. Jump-around-the-room levels.

Thrilling story, but I'm sad to be so close to the end. Will write the long review once I've finished the saga.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Perilous Hunt [June 2019] 5 24 Jun 26, 2019 02:51PM

• Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company, #1)
  • Trial and Temptation (Mandrake Company, #2)
  • The Tracker's Dilemma (Mandrake Company #6)
  • Star Rebels: Stories of Space Exploration, Alien Races, and Adventure
  • Mercenary Courage (Mandrake Company, #5)
  • The Assassin's Salvation (Mandrake Company, #3)
  • Frost Station Alpha: The Complete Series (Frost Station Alpha, #1-6)
  • The Ruins of Karzelek (Mandrake Company, #4)
  • Across the Galactic Pond Box Set: Far Beyond Complete Series
  • Orion (Star Guardians, #1)
  • Ruined Terra (Empire of Bones Saga, Book 11)
  • Jumper's Hope (Central Galactic Concordance, #4)
  • The Pirate Captain's Daughter (Mandrake Company, #5.5)
  • Mandrake Company (Books 1-4)
  • Sagitta (Star Guardians, #3)
  • Hierax (Star Guardians, #4)
  • Treyjon (Star Guardians, #2)
  • Ariston (Star Guardians, #6)
I'm a full-time indie fantasy and science fiction author. When I'm not writing, I'm ferrying my dogs to hiking trails for adventures.

Fallen Empire (8 books)
  • Star Nomad (Fallen Empire, #1)
  • Honor's Flight (Fallen Empire, #2)
  • Starseers (Fallen Empire, #3)
  • Relic of Sorrows (Fallen Empire, #4)
  • Cleon Moon (Fallen Empire, #5)
  • Arkadian Skies (Fallen Empire, #6)
  • End Game (Fallen Empire, #8)
“I wasn’t a cyborg the last time I had fun. An overly eager pelvic thrust wasn’t going to send anyone through a wall.” 1 likes
“chest,” 0 likes