Start by marking “ForePlay (Checkmate, Inc. #1)” as Want to Read:
ForePlay (Checkmate, Inc. #1)

ForePlay

(Checkmate, Inc. #1)

"She wants to play. Game on." --Leo Foxx

Giving a woman what she wants is my business. I’ve built a career on it. I mean, is there anything more beautiful than seeing a woman get exactly what she wants, exactly the way she wants it, with exactly the man she wants it from? Nothing I’ve ever seen comes close.

There’s just one little catch. Sometimes women go looking in the wro
Published October 18th 2016 by A Touch of Sass, LLC

To ask other readers questions about ForePlay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ForePlay

Start your review of ForePlay (Checkmate, Inc. #1)
Coco.V
4 steamy stars!

*me right now*

*sigh*

description

If you guys happen to be shy, unexperienced nerds and don't know how to date, socialise or attract a woman and give her what she really wants, then it's about time you visit Checkmate, Inc headquarters.

It's is a multi-million dollar company that gives unexperienced men the opportunity of their life and prepare them to the world of dating.

description

Leo Foxx, the CEO of the company and the brilliant chess nerd started the project with his two chess nerd friends in an attem
✴ Cindy ✴
Leo is obnoxious. This book could have been way better if the author had given her hero more substance. I found him repulsive and I won't be reading about his two partners in their company. His attitude about when was gross. I found it offensive.
Deborah
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jd-read, amazon-done
Foreplay is a sizzling hot book! Three guys own a business that is in the market to help guys get dates called Checkmate. They were once nerdy, chess club guys who made themselves over. They used their high IQ's to develop colognes that once women catch a whiff of it, they notice the man who is wearing it. Now that guy needs to do the work beyond that, but checkmate helps them get noticed. Not only do they manufacture pheromone laced colognes, they give these men the whole makeover treatment-hai ...more
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
Feb 06, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: funny

SAVE $3
SALE
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

"She wants to play. Game on." --Leo Foxx
There’s just one little catch. Sometimes women go looking in the wrong places. Sometimes they need a little help figuring out
Lacy
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've become a fan of Shelly Alexander's writing and was excited to find out about this new series, by the time I finished reading ForePlay I already wanted book two.

Leo Foxx and his two chess club friends are what some called the nerd in high school and college, watching women fall for the wrong kind of man. The three of them form a company not to help men get women but to help give women the man they desire and deserve, creating a company, Checkmate INC. they have a multimillion dollar busines
Becky Cox
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Foreplay is a fun read. Leo is such a different hero and made the story so entertaining. Leo is a brilliant nerd. Yep that's right a nerd. He and his chess playing genius buddies started Checkmate, Inc., a sort of dating service to help men like themselves be more appealing to women.

Chloe is Leo's sisters friend and is in PR. Checkmate finds itself in need of some good PR and Chloe is their girl. A sexy, funny and at times dramatic story ensues.

I loved that this is a completely different angle
Stacie Marquart
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a hot and steamy book. Loved it
Heather
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 - cute, short read. A little to insta-sex, insta-love for me.
Mary Silvestri
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Ok book nothing unusual. It was my first novel but this author, Do not know if I'll try any others
Becky Baldridge
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sexy smart guy and the woman who strikes all thought from his head. ForePlay is the very definition of instalove - the whole story covers about a week - which is just one of the things I shouldn't have liked about this one. Instalove isn't a favorite trope for me by any means, and the storyline was completely predictable. But dang if it isn't a completely entertaining story! The story is told entirely from Leo's point of view, and it's impossible not to fall a bit for this sexy brainiac who ha ...more
Gemma
A great book

A great book, it had a hunky intelligent Male who is the CEO of a company that helps men to have a fighting chance with beautiful women. Their main focus is that the women are the Queen's and should be treated as such. Leo works with his partners to make this happen But recent bad press the company is causing turmoil so they have to hire a PR firm and Leo decides to hire Chloe a friend of his sister Ava to be that person. But their explosive and fiery chemistry between the 2 makes it
Corinne
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first I've read of Shelly Alexander's work. Her writing is very good and it kept me so tied up in the story, that I read this within one day. I tend to read more historical than contemporary romance but enjoyed this very much. Foreplay is told from the POV of the hero, Leo Foxx. At the beginning Leo seems a bit too full of himself. Although he and his buddies have come a long way from the geeks they were in school, Leo is later revealed to still be a bit unsure of himself when it com ...more
Kristin J
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a quick, sweet read. It is told from only Leo's POV. I prefer dual POV, but it wasn't too bad to just have Leo's POV for this book because there was a lot of conversation between he and Chloe, so I felt as though we got to know her pretty well.

I wasn't a big fan of how fast everything happened in this book. I'm not exactly opposed to insta-lust/insta-love, but this book was so fast that it all took place within a week and suddenly they were willing to risk their careers for each other.
Dawn Barker
Jul 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The most interesting part of this book was wondering about Ava and Dex which is teased in the first chapter. It was hard to keep reading in the early parts of the book. Leo is not someone I'd root for and his insights are questionable. Yet we throw a heroine to him that follows the script. Since she seems to have poor judgment in sleeping with anyone who'll take her even when professionally stupid, I have a hard time caring about her either.

Once they're together, it's an easier read. In the begi
Charlotte Witney
Jun 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: rare-2021
Really do not like writing low reviews. I found the story complicated to follow with the work background and continuous explanations that seemed to take up the majority of the story in the beginning. I also couldn't connect with the characters, especially the main hero, who continuously rubbed me the wrong way.
Andrea
3 stars

Quick read. Quite refreshing to have a total male POV. Very hot but it was a slow start and they fell in love over a space of about a week. Not a huge fan of insta-love romance, I prefer the slow build up hence the 3 stars. Quite enjoyable though and I’ll definitely be reading more from this author.
Tracy Atkins
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow absolutely stunning read i didnt whant to put my kimdle down nice to have a man who wears his heart on his sleave and whants the best for the lead lady you what be disappointed with this book im looking farward to reading the resg in this series
Truusje
Feb 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF (25%)
I don't like the premise. It suggests women need help to figure out what they want and to become confident.
The book is written from the POV of the male protagonist and his is not a pleasant head to be in.
Jacki
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sexy and fun

Love this story! Sexy, sassy and fun characters. Loved Leo and Chloe and can't wait to read about Dex and Oz.
Tracy Zullo
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spicy hot, fast read. 4.5 stars
Tracy Jeffreys
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The mind, the looks, the personality and his girl comes first. What a combination! Awesome book! LOVED IT!
Jaimed
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun and endearing

This is such a fun, sassy, and refreshing story while still being full of love and endearing qualities.
Leo and Chloe start out as a week long relationship even though he wants more. When everything comes to the pivotal moment in the story and their relationship, they do everything they can to save and protect the other.
This is a great book and an amazing start to this series.
Vivian
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first book by this author but will definitely not be my last! I won't bother with a summary of the book (you can read that for yourself) but what isn't in the summary is how red-hot this book is - a "ten" on the steamy scale! The book was sexy, smart, sharp, very contemporary. I liked the storyline of Leo's company, Checkmate being a company that markets products and services to men to attract women (the reverse of Victoria's Secret)- very clever analogy. I also really liked the characters - ...more
Kathy Osborn
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hot and sexy!!! This book is full of it and a must read. Three nerds from high school chess club are now the owners of Checkmate Inc., which helps turn awkward men into to confident men that gives them a fighting chance to get noticed by women.

Checkmate is under fire from a few feminists groups, so Leo (CEO and founder) is meeting with a PR person - Chloe to help spin the situation back in their favor.

When Leo first meets Chloe, sparks fly hard and fast between them. As he shows her around Che
Kelly
Shelves: books-2-blog
A fun, fast, highly entertaining read

Leo is the CEO of a company that specializes in teaching men how to get women to give them a chance and, as you might expect, his company has a bit of a PR problem. Chloe is a friend of Leo's sister and works for a PR company. Sounds perfect, right? Except the PR crisis just got a whole lot worse and there's that whole dating an employee conflict....

I wasn't sure what to think about Leo at first but he won me over as surely as he won over Chloe. The nerdy lit
Samantha Ortegon
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ForePlay by Shelly Alexander is my first book by this author and it won't be my last, I was grabbed by the story line of three guys overlooked in high school for being on the chess team. They are also intelligent enough to start their own multi-million dollar corporation, Leo Foxx studied women so that he could give men like himself a chance with women giving them a second look. Business is great until a feminist group starts bashing them on websites and in front of their businesses.

Leo Foxx is
BookSnuggle
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Wow!  This is the first book that I have read by Shelly Alexander.  At first I thought that it was going to be a story where it focuses on sex and some story to go with it.  Boy, was I wrong.  The author did a great job of incorporating a sexy romance with an in-depth story with lots of twists.

"ForePlay" by Shelly Alexander is book number one in the  "Checkmate Inc." series.  This is Leo Foxx and Chloe Evers' story.

Leo and his friends started the Checkmate Inc. business.  They were the chess pl
Krista
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the chemistry between the two main characters. It was cool as well that this story was only in the male character's POV. I don't think I have ever read a contemporary romance book in only the male's POV. I liked the whole concept of the business that he had created, but I'm not sure how realistic it is, but it's still pretty cool.

It was too instalove for me even though they did have good chemistry. But what happened in the epilogue was just way too soon in my opinion. They had known eac
Linda Morey
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Little complicated with work explanation but I liked chess analogies to relationships especially that king protects the queen . Liked the relationship

• Still Savannah (Blue Ridge Valley #3)
  • Her Hopes and Dreams (Ardent Springs, #4)
  • One Hundred Reasons (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 1)
  • Emanuel's Heat
  • My One and Only (Ardent Springs, #3)
  • Unexpectedly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #3)
  • Do Not Respond
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
  • Caitlyn's Christmas Wish
  • One Hundred Wishes (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 3)
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
  • The Day the Jerk Started Falling (The Jerk Duet, #2)
  • One Hundred Heartbeats (An Aspen Cove Romance, #2)
  • More, Please (Please, #3)
  • My Hot Boss
  • All Autumn (Blue Ridge Valley #2)
  • One Hundred Excuses (An Aspen Cove Romance Book 5)
Shelly Alexander was a 2014 Golden Heart® finalist, a 2019 RITA® finalist, and an Amazon #1 Bestseller in several categories.

Shelly grew up traveling the world, earned a bachelor’s degree in marketing, and worked in the business world for twenty-five years. With four older brothers, she watched every Star Trek episode ever made, joined the softball team instead of ballet class, and played with G.I

Checkmate, Inc. (4 books)
  • Rookie Moves (Checkmate, Inc. #2)
  • Get Wilde (Checkmate, Inc. #3)
  • Sinful Games (Checkmate Inc. #4)