Start by marking “ForePlay (Checkmate, Inc., #1)” as Want to Read:
ForePlay (Checkmate, Inc., #1)

ForePlay (Checkmate, Inc. #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  210 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
"She wants to play. Game on." --Leo Foxx

Giving a woman what she wants is my business. I’ve built a career on it. I mean, is there anything more beautiful than seeing a woman get exactly what she wants, exactly the way she wants it, with exactly the man she wants it from? Nothing I’ve ever seen comes close.

There’s just one little catch. Sometimes women go looking in the wro
Published October 18th 2016 by A Touch of Sass, LLC

To ask other readers questions about ForePlay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ForePlay

❤Sana❤
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humorous, 2016, series
4 steamy stars!

*me right now*

*sigh*

description

If you guys happen to be shy, unexperienced nerds and don't know how to date, socialise or attract a woman and give her what she really wants, then it's about time you visit Checkmate, Inc headquarters.

It's is a multi-million dollar company that gives unexperienced men the opportunity of their life and prepare them to the world of dating.

description

Leo Foxx, the CEO of the company and the brilliant chess nerd started the project with his two chess nerd friends in an attem
Deborah
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon-done, jd-read
Foreplay is a sizzling hot book! Three guys own a business that is in the market to help guys get dates called Checkmate. They were once nerdy, chess club guys who made themselves over. They used their high IQ's to develop colognes that once women catch a whiff of it, they notice the man who is wearing it. Now that guy needs to do the work beyond that, but checkmate helps them get noticed. Not only do they manufacture pheromone laced colognes, they give these men the whole makeover treatment-hai ...more
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
Feb 06, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: funny

SAVE $3
SALE
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

"She wants to play. Game on." --Leo Foxx
There’s just one little catch. Sometimes women go looking in the wrong places. Sometimes they need a little help figuring out what they wa
Lacy
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've become a fan of Shelly Alexander's writing and was excited to find out about this new series, by the time I finished reading ForePlay I already wanted book two.

Leo Foxx and his two chess club friends are what some called the nerd in high school and college, watching women fall for the wrong kind of man. The three of them form a company not to help men get women but to help give women the man they desire and deserve, creating a company, Checkmate INC. they have a multimillion dollar busines
Becky Cox
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Foreplay is a fun read. Leo is such a different hero and made the story so entertaining. Leo is a brilliant nerd. Yep that's right a nerd. He and his chess playing genius buddies started Checkmate, Inc., a sort of dating service to help men like themselves be more appealing to women.

Chloe is Leo's sisters friend and is in PR. Checkmate finds itself in need of some good PR and Chloe is their girl. A sexy, funny and at times dramatic story ensues.

I loved that this is a completely different angle
Stacie Marquart
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a hot and steamy book. Loved it
Heather
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 - cute, short read. A little to insta-sex, insta-love for me.
Corinne
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first I've read of Shelly Alexander's work. Her writing is very good and it kept me so tied up in the story, that I read this within one day. I tend to read more historical than contemporary romance but enjoyed this very much. Foreplay is told from the POV of the hero, Leo Foxx. At the beginning Leo seems a bit too full of himself. Although he and his buddies have come a long way from the geeks they were in school, Leo is later revealed to still be a bit unsure of himself when it com ...more
Kristin J
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a quick, sweet read. It is told from only Leo's POV. I prefer dual POV, but it wasn't too bad to just have Leo's POV for this book because there was a lot of conversation between he and Chloe, so I felt as though we got to know her pretty well.

I wasn't a big fan of how fast everything happened in this book. I'm not exactly opposed to insta-lust/insta-love, but this book was so fast that it all took place within a week and suddenly they were willing to risk their careers for each other.
Mary Silvestri
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Ok book nothing unusual. It was my first novel but this author, Do not know if I'll try any others
Tracy Zullo
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spicy hot, fast read. 4.5 stars
Jacki
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sexy and fun

Love this story! Sexy, sassy and fun characters. Loved Leo and Chloe and can't wait to read about Dex and Oz.
Doris
3.5 stars Diesmal etwas ganz anderes, viel erotischeres von Shelly. Sehr unterhaltsam, aber mein allerliebstes Buch von ihr ist und bleibt "It's in his touch"
Jaimed
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun and endearing

This is such a fun, sassy, and refreshing story while still being full of love and endearing qualities.
Leo and Chloe start out as a week long relationship even though he wants more. When everything comes to the pivotal moment in the story and their relationship, they do everything they can to save and protect the other.
This is a great book and an amazing start to this series.
Vivian
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first book by this author but will definitely not be my last! I won't bother with a summary of the book (you can read that for yourself) but what isn't in the summary is how red-hot this book is - a "ten" on the steamy scale! The book was sexy, smart, sharp, very contemporary. I liked the storyline of Leo's company, Checkmate being a company that markets products and services to men to attract women (the reverse of Victoria's Secret)- very clever analogy. I also really liked the characters - ...more
Kathy Osborn
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hot and sexy!!! This book is full of it and a must read. Three nerds from high school chess club are now the owners of Checkmate Inc., which helps turn awkward men into to confident men that gives them a fighting chance to get noticed by women.

Checkmate is under fire from a few feminists groups, so Leo (CEO and founder) is meeting with a PR person - Chloe to help spin the situation back in their favor.

When Leo first meets Chloe, sparks fly hard and fast between them. As he shows her around Che
Kelly
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-2-blog
A fun, fast, highly entertaining read

Leo is the CEO of a company that specializes in teaching men how to get women to give them a chance and, as you might expect, his company has a bit of a PR problem. Chloe is a friend of Leo's sister and works for a PR company. Sounds perfect, right? Except the PR crisis just got a whole lot worse and there's that whole dating an employee conflict....

I wasn't sure what to think about Leo at first but he won me over as surely as he won over Chloe. The nerdy lit
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
ForePlay by Shelly Alexander is my first book by this author and it won't be my last, I was grabbed by the story line of three guys overlooked in high school for being on the chess team. They are also intelligent enough to start their own multi-million dollar corporation, Leo Foxx studied women so that he could give men like himself a chance with women giving them a second look. Business is great until a feminist group starts bashing them on websites and in front of their businesses.

Leo Foxx is
BookSnuggle
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Wow!  This is the first book that I have read by Shelly Alexander.  At first I thought that it was going to be a story where it focuses on sex and some story to go with it.  Boy, was I wrong.  The author did a great job of incorporating a sexy romance with an in-depth story with lots of twists.

"ForePlay" by Shelly Alexander is book number one in the  "Checkmate Inc." series.  This is Leo Foxx and Chloe Evers' story.

Leo and his friends started the Checkmate Inc. business.  They were the chess pla
Linda Morey
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Little complicated with work explanation but I liked chess analogies to relationships especially that king protects the queen . Liked the relationship
Krista
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the chemistry between the two main characters. It was cool as well that this story was only in the male character's POV. I don't think I have ever read a contemporary romance book in only the male's POV. I liked the whole concept of the business that he had created, but I'm not sure how realistic it is, but it's still pretty cool.

It was too instalove for me even though they did have good chemistry. But what happened in the epilogue was just way too soon in my opinion. They had known eac
Chanel
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story has just enough twist, to give Leo and Chole's relationship that something extra. If you are a Chest player, you will really enjoy how insightful this story is with all the references between the classic game of strategy and the games people play in love and war.
Dawn Herring
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This was such an adorable book! I really like geeky hot-guy heroes, and Leo is one of the hottest! This book is a lot of fun to read. It has a nice blend of humor and romance, and the characters are very likeable. I can't wait for the next one in the series. This is the first book I've read by this author, and I'm so glad I took a chance on her.
Julie
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Quick steamy read. Enjoyed it. :)
Tamra Baumann
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun, spicy hot read. Three guys who never got the girls in high school, now turn women's heads. Sexy, smart and a refreshingly different read. Enjoy!
Suszet Roberts
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sizzling

Such a promising start to the series, we meet Leo and Chloe and the ups and downs of making a relationship work. I didn't see the plot coming, I was so shocked about the lengths her ex would go to for revenge. I was happy with the outcome, alls well that end well.
Ashima
Nov 01, 2016
Robin Jackson
Mar 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Shelly Alexander was a 2014 Golden Heart® finalist and an Amazon #1 Bestseller in several categories.

Shelly grew up traveling the world, earned a bachelor’s degree in marketing, and worked in the business world for twenty-five years. With four older brothers, she watched every Star Trek episode ever made, joined the softball team instead of ballet class, and played with G.I. Joes while the Barbie
More about Shelly Alexander

Checkmate, Inc. (3 books)
  • Rookie Moves (Checkmate, Inc., #2)
  • Get Wilde (Checkmate, Inc., #3)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)