Start by marking “A Handful of Dust: Tales of Post-Apocalyptic Kentuckiana” as Want to Read:
A Handful of Dust: Tales of Post-Apocalyptic Kentuckiana

A Handful of Dust: Tales of Post-Apocalyptic Kentuckiana

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
A Handful of Dust is comprised of five science fiction/horror short stories set in a fictional, post-apocalyptic version of the Kentuckiana (Southern Indiana and Louisville, Kentucky) region. It is J. T. Ford's first self-published book.

1. Final Sunrise
2. The Sermon
3. Sam
4. Kurt the Hurt
5. The Caraveeners
Kindle Edition
Published October 29th 2016 by Self-Published

To ask other readers questions about A Handful of Dust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Handful of Dust

Alysha DeShaé
Final Sunrise
This story actually brought tears to my eyes a few times. And the narrator surprised me! It is not who I thought it would be at all.

Give me liberty, or give me death!

The Sermon
This was pretty horrifying and, if you're a believer of such things, a good way to scare folks back into church. Although at the end, I'm wondering if the church part was all delusion considering the other details...

Sam
I figured this one's twist out fairly quickly, but that didn't make it any less enjoyable!

Ku
Jenn
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Collection of Short Stories

Great collection from a bright young author. I'm very excited to see where he goes. I see a future best selling author.
Phoenix
I've never read anything published by someone I know. It's a new kind of "what do?"

Like you click "want to read" here on Goodreads and then it's just "Aw shit. What if it's terrible? What if this is just garbage? There's no taking that click back. IT'S MARKED. IT'S DONE. I'M DOOMED."

I've reviewed stuff where I've known the author was going to read the review. But I've never KNOWN THE AUTHOR.

It's intimidating.

You don't want to sacrifice your book-integrity by giving them 5 stars just because...
Ryan Toxopeus
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Biological warfare wiped out almost all of humanity, and these short stories chronicle some of the aftermath.

Each story was unique and evocative. I think my favourite was “Sam,” because I was kept guessing until the very end. I’d thought it was going to go all Shaun of the Dead on me, but it didn’t (I won’t spoil it, though!).

Also, every story had a satisfying ending – that’s not to say happy. It’s an apocalypse. But they wrapped up nicely and showed a wide range of trauma that people went throu
thebonebreaker
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
This collection of short stories is a quick, leisurely read. Something to easily pass the time while waiting for something/someone. (I do a lot of that with my kids...)

Ford ordered the stories nicely, in that I feel they go from weakest to strongest.

I am looking forward to seeing what Ford comes up with next and watching him grow as an author.
Colleen Wooten