Start by marking “Zie mij” as Want to Read:
Zie mij

Zie mij

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  62,799 ratings  ·  5,377 reviews
Wanneer Colin Hancock een tweede kans krijgt, grijpt hij die met beide handen aan. Zijn turbulente verleden laat hij achter zich. Hij probeert zijn leven op de rails te houden en richt zich op het behalen van zijn lesbevoegdheid. Elke dag houdt hij zichzelf weer voor hoe hard hij voor deze kans heeft moeten knokken. Het laatste waar hij naar op zoek is, is een relatie.
Published October 4th 2016 by Boekerij (first published October 13th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Zie mij, please sign up.
♫✯Em loves Hollenstein✯♫❤the summertime and butterflies all belong to your creation❤ Ruth
Sweetie
I'm sorry
It's Nicholas Sparks
He's going to make you dissolve into a puddle of tears
and he's going to enjoy it.

(seriously though, enjoy the…more
Ruth
Sweetie
I'm sorry
It's Nicholas Sparks
He's going to make you dissolve into a puddle of tears
and he's going to enjoy it.

(seriously though, enjoy the book! I can't wait)(less)

·  62,799 ratings  ·  5,377 reviews

Start your review of Zie mij
Carol
2.5 Stars

"Okay".........something's missing here........When I decide to read a Nicholas Sparks novel, I pretty much know and look forward to what I'm going to get, but SEE ME just did not work. It had a somewhat different flair (which is "Okay") with a stalker on the loose and an unlikely leading man with a dark history and hot temper added to the "mediocre" romantic mix, but..........

I'm sorry to say, SEE ME has turned out to be my least favorite NS read. The love connection lacked real

Krystal Bond
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicholas Sparks does it once again. Yet another well written story about love, with a bit of mystery and suspense thrown into the mix. The story was a bit slow going at first, I believe this is his longest novel yet. It almost felt a bit to descriptive to start off, but when I got a little over halfway through I could hardly put it down. It ended up being just as lovely and thrilling as most all of his stories. I'll be shocked if I ever dislike one of his novels.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

OK, where to start...
I LOVED IT!
I've read all Nicholas Sparks books so far and I loved them all - and I think I cried A LOT with every book. Unlike most of my reading-blogging-friends, Twilight did NOT start my reading-addiction - it was A Walk to Remember

This time....hm....
I cried a tiny little bit - I knew where the story was going from pretty much the very first time the bad guy was mentioned - the story was a bit slow, too long, too uneventful in the beginning - BUT ... it was refreshingly
Emily
Oct 18, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you're wondering if Nicholas Sparks still has it after his divorce, he doesn't.

This was not what I expected. It was not a love story. It was a stalker, suspense, twist and turn story. With so much detail oh my lord over the top details!

Maybe other people will like it but I was so disappointed. I didn't even cry!!!!! I just wanted it to be over. And I skimmed so much.
Debbie
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed. I am a huge fan of Nicholas Sparks, but this book just didn't live up to the hype. I guessed at almost all of the plot twists before they happened, so there were no real surprises. I know this book was a step into a new genre for him, but I hope he goes back to writing what he does best. If the book had been written by anyone other than Nicholas Sparks, I would have put it down halfway through and not even finished it. Just ... Disappointed ...
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
The last 100 pages of this book just destroyed me, no joke. It was an edge on your seat type thrill that I couldn't put the book down without having to see it through to the end. If you know me well, you will know that I actually do enjoy reading books by Nicholas Sparks and See Me was a good read. The plot followed Colin, a 28 year old having a second chance in life by training to be a teacher in College after he became aggressive, ended up on the wrong side of the law and having his parents ...more
LostKnight
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dear Readers,

Nicholas Sparks hit another homer out of the park. This book is exceedingly well written, full of twists and turns.

The characters are well developed, 3-d and full of character.

One of the characters, Colin, impacted me the most. He is rough around the edges, suffered plenty of bumps and bruises along the way, acted out and reacted, broke the law a few times, got into his fair share of scrapes. The neat thing about this character is he recognizes he is flawed as a factor of life's
Dale Harcombe
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel starts off with an unidentified male person wanting vengeance on Maria Sanchez. It then introduces the two main characters. Colin Hancock, who has in the past had a chequered history with the law. He is now seeking to change his life, earn a teaching degree and have his criminal record expunged. One rainy night he meets Maria Sanchez, who is a lawyer. From then on chapters are told alternately between Colin and Maria. The novel turns into a love story, which is no surprise given that ...more
Deanna
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've loved everything Nicholas Sparks has ever written...until now.

I preordered this book and counted down the days until its release. It automatically downloaded on my Kindle and I began reading. I read the prologue and exited the book, assuming I had somehow started to read the wrong thing. No, it was See Me. I read the first chapter and googled the book to make sure it hadn't been written by someone with a similar name. No, it was the same Nicholas Sparks who wrote The Notebook and At First
Sylvie

It was as if Nicholas Sparks meets Stephen King, but in milder way, since Stephen's books are much more darker and suspenseful. Yet again that's just typical of the author since there are always blossoms an immediate chemistry and attraction with Spark's main characters. Nevertheless, I didn't like how he changed his usual style in this book, he always focuses more on the romance and the main characters' developing relationship, the concept of this novel leaned more on the suspense.
Judy Collins
Gifted Southern storyteller, Nicholas Sparks continues to “pull out all the stops” with his new romantic thriller, SEE ME assured to be yet another bestseller, and blockbuster movie.

A novel of second chances, as the past and present collide, with a roller-coaster ride of emotion, suspense, mystery, and thriller . . And, as always, a love story running in the background, found in the most likely of places.

SEE ME, just as I see you . . . what powerful words.

Set in Wilmington, North Carolina
Stephanie
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-reads
I hope Nicholas Sparks hated writing this novel as much as I hated reading it. Then at least I'll have some vindication for how much of a true let down this was. Not only did I not like the characters and not like the main love story, it pissed me off. It was such an awful calculated "thriller" where the characters couldn't put the pieces together and made you cringe and yell at the book constantly for just how stupid they were. Why can't Sparks just stick to what he does best, a genuine honest ...more
Christina
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

While I usually tend to lean more towards YA books ( fantasy & dystopian being my faves ), I have a soft spot for Nicholas Sparks. I have read pretty much all his novels, own my favorites and watched all the ones that have been converted to movies. His books give me those warm, fuzzy feels that a girl needs every now and then. This being his newest one, it had a slightly darker feel than the others.

The book centers around Maria, a child of Mexican immigrants who became a lawyer and
Book_freak
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
This will be Nicholas's first book published post his divorce (which i was heartbroken about tbh) <\\3
We shall see if he has not lost his (magic) touch & can still woo us with his love stories. I quote him something to the effect ,that when he wakes up every morning & looks at Cath (his wife...I mean ex-wife D: ) ,thats the love he writes about. But thats no more right...? :(

Mack
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
See Me was a bit of light, warm reading for me and one where I wasn’t sure where the storyline was heading next and thinking about what was going to happen to the characters. Though romance novels are hit and miss for me this novel had some murder, romance, mystery, violence and tragedy in a light tone. An enjoyable read with some likeable characters.
Giselle
This is not your ordinary Nicholas Sparks’s novel. If you think this is another book full of cliched and tragic-romantic love story and threadbare phrases, you’re wrong.

Full review to come.
Kelsey Marie
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*****For my full review of this brilliant book, stop by Darling & Co.*****

So this book has been sitting on my TBR shelf for a while. Last October when it was published, I purchased the audiobook of it and then never listened to it. My thought process was that I would buy a book that was kind of long and then listen to it while I worked out; that didn't happen, and the book went unread/un-listened to. So this last weekend, I was sitting around reading different things, and I saw it sitting in
Denise
Sep 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is a very different Nicholas Sparks book! If you loved The Notebook or The Best of Me, See Me may not be for you. When I began reading See Me, I was disappointed in the story. Nicholas Sparks' new style was interesting but not great for me. The love connection between Colin and Maria lacked real feeling and appeared unlikely. See Me is definitely my least favourite NS read but it kept me engaged until the last chapter. 3 stars
N.KH #
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
the story is all about Marie, a lawyer , who was involved in case that ended up by burning the victim alive, and the murderer himself did not live any longer. despite the fact that Marie did all her best to the client who had been burned .the client's brother accused her that she was the main reason for what had happened.

after a while, she forgot all about that ,for she was utterly concentrating on her job and mainly because she had met an interesting person , Colin, who had a violent history.
Jess
Jul 09, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author but this just may be my least favorite of his. Sadly just didn't connect to the characters, their love story, or just the story in general :/
☕️Kimberly
See Me is a departure from the tear-inducing novels that Sparks typically writes and I appreciated the mystery, thriller and suspense angles. While I pieced together things, thanks to some carefully placed clues I nonetheless enjoyed both the characters and the twists.

A chance encounter has Colin Hancock and Maria Sánchez meeting and thanks to the help of another character, these two meet yet again and begin a friendship that quickly moves to romance. These two are opposites, and I loved the
Allyson
First things first, it took me an embarrassingly long time to read See Me. This was no fault of the book, but the fact that I soon got distracted with a new Kindle (I own See Me in paperback) kept me from giving the novel the full attention it deserved. Now that I've reached the end, I wish I had finished this book sooner!

Like all Nicholas Sparks novels, See Me takes place in North Carolina, this time in the coastal town of Wilmington. The two main protagonists, Maria and Collin's lives are
Alaina
God damn you Nicholas Sparks!

See Me WAS SO FREAKING GOOD! Then it ripped out my heart, stabbed it repeatedly, and then stomped on it a couple of times just for fun. Seriously, if I never read the last couple of chapters.. I would be completely fine. Yet here I am.. an emotional mess. GOD DAMMIT NICHOLAS!

This book followed Colin, a 28 year old, with a second chance in life training to be a teacher. Now I get teachers all the credit that they deserve.. it's not an easy job. It's also not one I
Kristy
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
well, at this point I'm beginning to wonder if Nicholas Sparks just writes the books to be made into movies? As usual, the story is good, but his way of telling it is just...ok. I 99.9% of the time prefer his books as movies (with the exception of The Longest Ride , which was fantastic).

This one had more of a mystery-romance vibe going on, so it veered a little different than most of his other books that I've read. All in all, I enjoyed it. I'm not raving about it, but i wouldn't try to deter
Tonile {My Cup and Chaucer}
I'm embarrassed by how much I enjoyed this. Part mystery, part romance, it was completely enjoyable from start to finish.
Mary
May 29, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh. Worst book from Nicholas Sparks ever. And worst book I've read in some time. I've been a fan of Nicholas Sparks for his previous works but there were so many places this went wrong..

First, the characters: Maria, supposedly a smart, driven lawyer but portrayed as weak and insipid; Colin, an annoying combination of testosterone/rage and sensitive devotion to Maria; Evan and Lilly, a couple whose relationship is mainly her manipulating him with skimpy clothing and innuendos of sexual rewards
Marie-Josee Saumer
This is a novel that I wanted to keep reading, I did not want it to end. I have so many questions about the future of the story that I feel there should be a second novel. Here is a point form list of some of my questions:

- Will Colin ever propose to Maria? And will they have kids?
- Do Evan and Lily have Children?
- Does Colin graduate school? And if so? Does he actually become a teacher? ( I felt like he would succeed working with the law, he had some pretty bad ass skills, he outsmarted the
Nicole
See Me - Nicholas Sparks

“Until yesterday, had someone even suggested that she go out with a guy with his past, she would have laughed aloud or - more likely - been offended. She should have simply said good-bye after he'd walked her to her car last night.
The very Idea of the two of them going out today was absurd, and yet. . . she had asked him, and she had trouble remembering exactly how that had happened or what she'd been thinking.
And yet, Colin was. . . magnetic”

Melissa
I’ve been a huge Nicholas Sparks fan for years. There is just something about his ability to tell a great love story that I can’t get enough of. See Me is a little bit different from his other books, but that's not to say it wasn’t worth the read. He upped the suspense factor, which I actually found refreshing. The story still centered around love and family, but it had something extra.

The most unexpected part for me was Colin. With a seedy past and a bad temper, he had to work constantly to
Romance chic lit 1 9 Jun 16, 2018 02:12PM
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Contemporary Romance: Characters names are Calum and Maria I think. [s] 3 47 Jun 07, 2018 08:07PM

• Leaving Time
  • After You (Me Before You, #2)
  • A Spark of Light
  • All We Ever Wanted
  • The Rumor
  • Where the Crawdads Sing
  • Still Me (Me Before You, #3)
  • The Perfect Couple
  • If Not for You (New Beginnings, #3)
  • Small Great Things
  • Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
  • Here's to Us
  • Winter in Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Cottage by the Sea
  • Gator on the Loose! (Animal Rescue Team, #1)
  • The One & Only
  • The Identicals
  • After Anna

Nicholas Sparks is one of the world’s most beloved storytellers. All of his books have been New York Times bestsellers, with over 105 million copies sold worldwide, in more than 50 languages, including over 75 million copies in the United States alone.

Sparks wrote one of his best-known stories, The Notebook, over a period of six months at age 28. It was published in 1996 and he followed with the

“I think you can do whatever you want. In the end, we all live the life we choose for ourselves.” 48 likes
“In the end, the only one you can ever really please is yourself. How others feel is up to them.” 39 likes