Start by marking “Strays (Urban Soul, #2)” as Want to Read:
Strays (Urban Soul, #2)

Strays

(Urban Soul #2)

Work, sleep, work, repeat. Nero’s lonely life suits him just fine until his best friend, Cass, asks him to take on a new apprentice—a beautiful young man who’s never set foot in a professional kitchen. Despite his irritation and his lifelong ability to shut the world out, Nero is mesmerised by the vibrant stray, especially when he learns what drove him to seek sanctuary on ...more
ebook, 1st edition, 249 pages
Published March 25th 2017 by Fox Love Press

To ask other readers questions about Strays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strays

Judith
4.5 Stars.

This is the second book in the series be CAN be read as a standalone as the characters from Misfits ( book one ) are well introduced.

I adored Lenny from the start.Working as a server in Misfits Restaurant he loves to dye his hair and go dancing but his life has been put on hold due to a stalker.With no real evidence the Police seem reluctant to do anything which leaves Lenny at breaking point.This is where Cass,his boss,steps in.He entrusts him to one of his chefs,Nero with strict inst
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

I tend to avoid Garrett Leigh's books, not because she isn't a fabulous writer, because she IS, and not because her characters are shallow, because they certainly are NOT; no, I avoid her books because ANGST & PAIN:

- All the MCs have sad, tortured backgrounds.
- A sense of melancholy permeates every story.
- The steamy scenes are muted and sparse.

Strays checks every single one of those boxes. But I still loved it.

Nero has a tragic past, one he doesn't share with anyone. What we know
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Tag team review with my fellow uni, The Adam!

4.75 Hearts

This series is a keeper!

I thoroughly enjoyed Strays in a completely different way than Misfits. The characterizations of both Nero and Lenny are just as three-dimensional as those of its predecessor, but these two vibrant characters are bolder than Jake or Tom. Strays can be read as a standalone, but you don't want to miss Misfits if for no other reason than to experience Leigh's range for yourself.

“Nero’s a grumpy sod, but he’s salt of th
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

I used to be a bit more hesitant about requesting a GL book - but these days 9x out of 10 I'm going to like it. And yeah, her stuff is a bit angstier, a bit heavier...but they always manage to bring out the feels.

I'd kind of forgotten all about the Misfits gang...and how much I liked them. So it was great to get some of Cass, Tom and Jake in this one.

The stalker bit didn't take over the story for those worried about that storyline. And while this one was a bit melancholy, there were
Deborah
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5*

This is the first book I've read by this author and the fact that I read it in one sitting gives you some idea of how much I liked it, I just couldn't put it down.
Since this is the first book I've read I was going purely on the cover and the blurb so I didn't really know what to expect. What I got was more than I imagined and I wished repeatedly that I'd read the previous book 'Misfits' first since I loved Cass, Tom and Jake.
The book opens with Lenny and it's difficult to convey just how fab
Ele
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Amazing Garrett Leigh! Strays is the worthy successor of Misfits (the best polyamorous romance there is), and it embodies everything I adore about Garrett Leigh.

Complex, flawed, and multi-dimentional heroes. Situations that don't happen everyday, but feel real and genuine. Angst without melodrama.

Like all Leigh's characters, Nero and Lenny let their actions speak for themselves. They love, they fight, they hate, they own their mistakes.

I adored Nero. I loved his grumpy, surly exterior, almost as
Simone
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-drama, series
***4.5 Stars***
"You are my dreams. I just never knew it."

sinfullymmblog:<br />“SINFULLY GAY ROMANCE BOOK REVIEWS<br />”

And everybody needs good dreams. Or someone to chase the nightmares away...

I enjoyed Nero's and Lenny's story in Strays a bit more than its predecessor Misfits. Seems like stalker stories apparently have a morbid fascination with pervert little me. Yeah, don't judge me. Garrett Leigh creates a somewhat eerie atmosphere at the beginning, so I got hooked right from the start and although the stalker himself plays a rather minor role i
Karen
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let's head over to 'Urban Soul' they're opening a new restaurant

'Strays' is the second book in Garrett Leigh's 'Urban Soul' series and while it was very different from the first book it was every bit as good. You could probably read either of these books as stand-alones but seriously? Do you want to miss out on any of the yumminess that is 'Urban Soul'? No, trust me you don't.

Nero is Urban Soul's main chef and he's Cass's best friend. He's been with the company for years and when Cass calls hi
Jewel
No one does tortured, flawed MC's as well as Garrett Leigh.She takes heroes, damaged by life, and gives them well fought and much deserved happy endings and I've never picked up one of her stories that I did not enjoy. In fact, the first book in this series, Misfits, is -- hands down -- my favorite book of hers. And though Strays contains the MC's from Misfits as secondary characters, you can read this one as a stand alone, if you wish.

Lenny Mitchell works for Misfits, one of the many Urban Sou
Dia
Cadiva
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Garrett Leigh is one of the best out there for writing real characters going through real experiences and having background angst which is believable without ever being overwhelming.

Strays, book two in the Urban Souls series, builds on the setting which Misfits began and expands it to give the reader Nero's story, tragic at times but never too much.

I loved Nero, grumpy and closed off, even more so than Cass' feelings of being unworthy in book one, and I loved Lenny, who needed him to bring stabi
Jan
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, lgbtq
**** 4.5****

Not in a mood to write something but I will register a few words, for my sake, bad memory and all...

I am so glad the 2nd story lived up to my expectations.
Both MCs were fantastic but Nero just blew my mind! Loved his quietness, bluntness and taciturn way of being, it made him a complex and very interesting character.
Also loved the Brithshness in the dialogues, it added a unique richness to the story.
I have to say that plot wise, I liked Misfits Urban Souls #1 the most. It was 5 Stars
Elsa Bravante
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Strays es un libro que he esperado durante meses, lo acabo de terminar y lo primero que me viene a la mente es que me ha gustado, pero se ha quedado corto, la historia está bien, pero podría haber estado muy muy bien. Me ha pasado más de una vez con la autora, algo me ha faltado.

No sé muy bien explicar qué me falta en la historia. Los personajes son interesantes y complejos, el ver dos almas que se sienten perdidas encontrarse la una a la otras es hermoso, pero a lo largo de la lectura he echado
Truuss
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, m-m
Grumpy big mouthed Nero doesn't know what happens to him when he meets Lenny.
Smart mouth Lenny finding the shelter he desperate need, in Nero's home and kitchen.
Nero don't ask why and Lenny hesitates to share.
Their interaction is raw and rude but underneath all the sturdy behavior lies a sea of emotions.

And briefly now and than they can laugh and Nero getting softer. Lenny is soft only holding back because Nero is almost impermeable. Lenny just gives Nero some light in his lonely life and it is
Adam

Tag team review with Cupcake!

Misfits was one my favourite reads in 2015. It was a the perfect blend of angsty and romantic. So I was stoked when I learned that we’d be getting a sequel about Nero, Cass’ grumpy best friend.

At the beginning of the book, we’re introduced to Lenny, a server at Misfits. Lenny is sunshine and colours. He likes flashy clothing, nail polish, and changing his hair dye every few weeks. He lives life in the moment.

description

But an increasingly dangerous stalker has pulled t
Alisa

The book starts by being told in Lenny's point of view. He's working as a waiter at Misfits but his life is in shambles due to a stalker. He's scared to death and he's isolated with no support from his family or friends. Cass steps in and the next thing Lenny knows he's hiding out with Nero, the grumpy chef of one of Cass's other restaurants.

A big chunk of the book is told from Nero's point of view. If you've read Misfits we met Nero briefly in that. He's a good friend of Cass's and the
Lost in a Book
Well, those two books went down fast and smooth as fine wine. I really enjoyed this book but it didn't take up as much of my heart Misfits did. Nero and Lenny had to climb mountains and I was hooked each step of the way. Definitely recommended and can't wait for more in this series.

This is my 3rd Garrett Leigh book in a couple weeks... which means it all hurts so good and now I need to dive into a big huge ball of fluff.
Christelle
I don’t know what happened here. All the ingredients are there for an awesome read : Garrett Leigh’s great writing, the Britishness with the setting in London and the cockney slang, the characters with their flaws and but also their strengths. Add the slow burn, the “opposite attract” trope and a grumpy character who doesn’t say much but when he does, throws a punch line.

But something was off for me. Hard to explain : I just never really figured out Nero nor Lenny, nor the dynamics of their rela
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

Oh my goodness, this book was amazing!!!! I loved every single minute of it. Leigh packs a healthy punch of angst in her for those lovers, but it was non-angsty enough for me to enjoy it. I mean let's be honest here who does flawed characters like Garrett Leigh? NOBODY! She is Reigning Queen and this book solidifies it. I thought I could pick it up to start reading to take my mind off things, but I ended up reading the entire book in one sitting. (NTS: go back and re-read Misfits)

Lenny
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
4 stars.

“You are my dreams. I just never knew it.”

Garrett Leigh's books are some of the best I've read but they're also filled with a lot of angst and feelings. She creates such unique characters with that have tortured pasts but it's not too much. Also, the fact that the steam level is mostly always on the lower side.

And all of that is included in this book.

I read and loved Misfits so I was super excited that Nero had his own book as well. Him and Lenny are opposites but they work so w
Fabi
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
It was great to be back in the Urban Soul world and catch up with Tom, Jake and Cass. This time we get a closer look at Nero, the unstoppable and grumpy chef we met in Misfits.

Nero has reasons to be as gruff and standoffish as he is. His is a dark and bitter past. No one has managed to break through his barriers to learn the truth.

Lenny is a terrified young man at the end of his wits. Cass reaches out with a helping hand and sets him up under Nero's wing.

Nero and Lenny's relationship is a slow
namericanwordcat
This second book in the Urban Souls series by Garrett Leigh is very very good.

Garrett Leigh writers great character driven romance with perfect world building in contemporary London.

Both heroes are extraordinary men, talented and compassionate.

Nero is a shut down chef with a generous heart and terrible past. He is gruff, grumpy, emotionally constipated (but with good reason and unconditionally loving.

Lenny is a vibrant young man who is being stalked and takes shelter with Nero. He is hardworkin
Suki Fleet
Warm comfort read. Loved all the food!^^
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bgirls, mm, ebook

4.5 star review by The Blogger Girls.

Strays is a follow up to Misfits, which I recommend you read first, although this could be read on its own. The three men from Misfits are the foundation of Urban Soul, the food company, and it’s branches of restaurants, including Misfits. So, you get quite a bit of background by reading Misfits first, and it’s a fabulous story too, so you really can’t go wrong.

Nero, is the sexy Spaniard chef from Misfits and good friend of Cass who plays a part in the setup
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this emotional and engrossing follow up to Misfits. Misfits is one of my absolute all time favorite books, so it was a total treat to be back in this world. More so in this novel, I was reminded of the Ricky and G-Man series by Poppy Z. Brite Liquor and I am desperate for some of Cass' Hackney Brown Biscuit Ice Cream. I highly recommend this series, it is just brilliant.
Rohit
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
It was like this :

Chop! Chop! Chop!
Saute! Saute! Saute!
And if you get a quicky time
We'll also make a latte!

I know it's one of the most bland 4-liner, but that's the best I could conjure up. The kitchen and the holing-up-in-the-apartment actually works pretty much in favor of this novel. It's like you put together two hydrogen atoms and expect a blast at the fusion reaction. The putting-together-a-test-tube for the blast was pretty lovely. But the blast in itself never came. Let's leave this met
Diverse
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march-2017-dr
Strays is the sequel to Garrett Leigh’s book Misfits. Now, you can read this as a standalone if you’d like but I have to say; the connections with Nero and Cass, Jake, and Tom is felt more in this because I read Misfits… So I’d recommend starting from the beginning.

Garrett Leigh loves to write broken men and she’s good at it. She puts them back together beautifully. If you read Misfits then you know who Nero is. In Strays, we actually get to delve deep into his head where the demons play in the
namericanwordcat
This second book in the Urban Souls series by Garrett Leigh is very very good.

Again, we get all the details for behind to scenes at a restaurant with is engaging as is spending time in London.

Both Nero and Lenny are extraordinary men, talented and compassionate.

Nero is gruff, grumpy, emotionally constipated (but with good reason and unconditionally loving.

Lenny is hardworking, vibrant, and at the moment messed up from a stalker.

The close proximity of this book because Lenny is hiding from a
Tess
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
  • Wake Up Call (Porthkennack, #1)
  • The Impossible Boy
  • Be My Best Man
  • Pansies (Spires Universe)
  • Shelter the Sea (The Roosevelt, #2)
  • Finding Your Feet (Toronto Connections, #2)
  • Heels Over Head
  • Two Man Station (Emergency Services, #1)
  • Bitter Legacy
  • Gays of Our Lives (Queers of La Vista, #1)
  • Tribute Act (Porthkennack, #8)
  • All the Wrong Places (Bluewater Bay, #14)
  • Blue Steel Chain (Trowchester Blues, #3)
  • Interborough (Five Boroughs, #4)
  • Empty Net (Scoring Chances, #4)
  • How to Raise an Honest Rabbit (Granby Knitting, #2)
  • Wheels and Heels (Stories from the Hen and Hog, #1)
  • Small Change (Small Change, #1)
She/Her

Bonus Material available for all books on Garrett's Patreon account. Includes short stories from Misfits, Slide, Strays, What Remains, Dream, and much more. Sign up here: https://www.patreon.com/garrettleigh

Facebook Fan Group, Garrett's Den... https://www.facebook.com/groups/garre...

Garrett Leigh is an award-winning British writer, cover artist, and book designer. Her debut novel, Slide, wo

Urban Soul (2 books)
  • Misfits (Urban Soul, #1)
“The policewoman slid a cup of grey tea across the interview table.” 0 likes